Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Results 1,751 to 1,785 of 5449

Thread: What did you do to your passat today?

Vehicles
      96 Camry 81 Jetta 05 Balfa BB7
      09-16-2009 11:04 AM #1751
      Yeah i had some "anodized" finish paint in grey i used to do mine but it was never dark enough, more grey... Ive seen the tamiya paint at a hobbie place I buy JDM model kits. Light coats is the key

woo page 51

damn need something i did....

Finally straightened my steering wheel and topped up my oil

Modified by veector at 11:06 AM 9-16-2009

Peter Broggs - African Sister
      [ ][ ]====W==D=[ ][ ]

2. Former Advertiser
      09-16-2009 11:13 AM #1752
      Does ordering parts count? Yesterday I ordered:

New heater hoses
      Heater core
      Upper Rad Hose
      Ball Joints
      Control Arm Bushings
      serp belt
      front rotors
      front pads
      rear pads
      trans filter and gasket
      umm, I think a few other things..

and an instrument cluster from b3monk3y

Not driving the car until atleast some of those items are replaced, haha..

Vehicles
      07 Vw Passat (B6)
      09-17-2009 12:54 AM #1753
      went to the junk yard down the street for the first time and found to my surprise a 97 Passat glx vr6 with little stripped off of it, ot a new looking foglight set up, got rly new looking corner dummies (oem but i splan on tinting them and doing a VW logo in the tint), some fairly weathered set of wolfsburgs side markers and new bottle caps sincemy old bbs ones broke off. on the way home i hit some pot hole while trying to reach for my phoe and now have a buldge in my tire.... its ok tho, the tires and rims on my donor car look great so im pcking those, and maybe painting them. hopeful the tir doesnt blow on my trip to work tommorow....
      Current car status= FK sport springs, BSH Street catch can, Evolution Motorsports V-Flow intake, Revision D diverter Valve, ECS Tuning Dog bone insert EuroJet Stainless steel polished throttle pipe, United MotorSports tune by Jeffrey Atwood!... Coming Soon: Turbo back exhaust, Coil overs

4. Former Advertiser
      09-17-2009 10:10 AM #1754
      I actually found the leak in my power door locks and fixed it! one of the tees became unhooked at the passenger side back seat. now the doorlocks work again. yippee

Vehicles
      90 Jetta GLI 16v, 99.5 Cabrio Highline, 92 Golf GL
      09-17-2009 12:19 PM #1755
      Quote, originally posted by Scott@MaxPSI »
      I actually found the leak in my power door locks and fixed it! one of the tees became unhooked at the passenger side back seat. now the doorlocks work again. yippee

Aren't quick easy fixes fun

I figured out that all my sunroof needs is the o rings, by holding the metal piece in the right place and the roof retracted for the first time ever! Pinched my fingers a bit but I was happy

A2Resource

6. Former Advertiser
      09-17-2009 03:40 PM #1756
      LOL... the description may have been quick n easy, dont know if the work was. Started at the pump and ripped out half the of the interior panels which are connected like a chinese finger puzzle. But I did get it done before it got too dark.

Vehicles
      96 Camry 81 Jetta 05 Balfa BB7
      09-17-2009 08:52 PM #1757
      hahahaha cant agree more with the interior pieces, having changed a bunch of interior pannels has been tricky

Installed my newly rebuilt rear calipers just to find out i bought the wrong handbrake cables.

Peter Broggs - African Sister
      [ ][ ]====W==D=[ ][ ]

Vehicles
      07 Vw Passat (B6)
      09-17-2009 10:14 PM #1758
      Visited mydonor car at my local junk yard and got a whole Hella foglight blinker and dummies set up for 20 bucks and they all look new the contacts for the bulb housings didnt have a spot of rust on em and i refinished my headlights with plastix. over all a good day! cheers
      Current car status= FK sport springs, BSH Street catch can, Evolution Motorsports V-Flow intake, Revision D diverter Valve, ECS Tuning Dog bone insert EuroJet Stainless steel polished throttle pipe, United MotorSports tune by Jeffrey Atwood!... Coming Soon: Turbo back exhaust, Coil overs

Vehicles
      98 5.9 Grand cherokee, VW other again...
      09-22-2009 11:48 PM #1759
      fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rust in hatch
      Rear lock - Works with key and central locking
      A/C Delete!!!!!!!! with factory non-a/c bracket
      Sub/amp install

Tomorrow drive then oil change and call it ready for winter.

10. Former Advertiser
      09-23-2009 06:20 AM #1760
      Did a heater core yesterday evening. Well, I took it apart, got the heater core and the air box back in, and that was it.

DAMN THIS JOB SUCKS(as someone else mentioned a few days or weeks ago).... Everything up to getting the air box out wasn't bad. Then from there it went down hill. Probably didnt help that I forgot you have to remove the two screws that hold the fresh air intake from the cowling. Once I realized that was what was holding it up I removed one and busted it loose. The previous owner siliconed over them like crazy so it didnt even look like a bolt is my only defense.

Vehicles
      2010 Hyundai Accent 1992 Mazda Miata
      09-23-2009 12:35 PM #1761
      Quote, originally posted by Scott@MaxPSI »
      Did a heater core yesterday evening. Well, I took it apart, got the heater core and the air box back in, and that was it.

DAMN THIS JOB SUCKS(as someone else mentioned a few days or weeks ago).... Everything up to getting the air box out wasn't bad. Then from there it went down hill. Probably didnt help that I forgot you have to remove the two screws that hold the fresh air intake from the cowling. Once I realized that was what was holding it up I removed one and busted it loose. The previous owner siliconed over them like crazy so it didnt even look like a bolt is my only defense.

I did this last summer. Thank god I had a cordless screwdriver. My wrists would have been killing me. It's not a hard job, it's just time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
      Going to church is bland. Eating vanilla ice cream is bland. Dating somebody from your local Ayn Rand book club is bland. This car makes all of those things seem as exciting as doing 12 lines of cocaine. With Katie Perry. While she's on fire...in Times Square. And you're naked.

Vehicles
      93 Passat VR6
      09-23-2009 01:34 PM #1762
      got all the gunk out of the engine bay.. couldn't believe how much there was on the frame rails and inside of the fenders. Gave it a good interior cleaning before h2o. tonight I'm gonna start the outside.

Vehicles
      05 A4 1.8T Quattro; 010 Golf 2.5
      09-23-2009 03:16 PM #1763
      Once I get back from H2O, I'm going to purchase then replace the tie rods so my commute is no longer 3.5 miles of terror. And motor mounts.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      B4 Passat GLX, 82 caddy diesel
      09-23-2009 06:05 PM #1764
      I think I'm the 3rd or 4th post on this page alone who is replacing their heater core. It better be done before H2O. If not, I'll be the guy at the Passat GTG in the 87 Westy

Vehicles
      mkiii jetta, mkvi tdi
      09-23-2009 06:40 PM #1765
      Nice! I bought mine a few months after the guy had vw change heater core, head gasket, thermostat, water pump.
      Quote Originally Posted by VW2002GTI View Post
      be patient young jedi you will get your come upins

16. Former Advertiser
      09-24-2009 01:05 PM #1766
      Quote, originally posted by jedipartsguy »
      Nice! I bought mine a few months after the guy had vw change heater core, head gasket, thermostat, water pump.

LOL... Im the opposite.. I just got mine 2 weeks ago or so and so far I replaced the heater core, thermostat, and waterpump. And T stat housing and crack pipe, both heater hoses and the upper radiator hose.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      97 Passat Vr6
      09-27-2009 01:25 PM #1767
      put a hitch on my b4 sedan, pretty easy to do only took a few hours since i work pretty slow. Looks good and is pretty hidden.

Also replaced my rear window regulator with a manual one, got sick and tired of having to replace those power ones lol

18. Member
      Vehicles
      97 Passat Vr6
      09-27-2009 03:28 PM #1768
      got a few im's regarding the hitch so here are some pictures and a link to the actual directions....

https://www.hitchsource.com/docs/cu/11735.pdf

Vehicles
      '96 Fiat Puntamera diesel
      09-27-2009 04:22 PM #1769
      Washed it, blacked out the tires, back-to-black the textured trim, put Rain-X on the windshield.

Vehicles
      Ballin 328i
      09-27-2009 08:03 PM #1770
      Drove about 350 miles to and from h2o(left at 5 this morning), laughed at a civic with a fart can that thought by dropping to 4th would scare me(I stayed in 5th and he just gave up), flew by a turbo'd WRX and had him try and keep up
      (the guy was eggin me on for a while), saw some nice dubs, but not a lot of passat's (but i saw plety of mk4's) and im spent.

Oh, yesterday I changed my oil, lowered a tad, put in a new sun roof, and changed my headliner.

Quote Originally Posted by rimmy
      wheels come and go, but rimz are forever.

21. 09-28-2009 10:15 AM #1771
      today is a good day, gettin new front tires, new battery( i did that yesterday), K&N cone(i did yesterday also) but the best so far is my b4 is getting inspected today! first time on the road in about 6 months!

22. Former Advertiser
      09-28-2009 12:20 PM #1772
      Not yesterday, but the first time I had a chance to get on since last week...
      Been trying to diagnose a intermittent sputtering, occasional dying. If it died the car would start right back up after a few seconds. Thursday after limping to the shop I changed the fuel filter and pulled the pumpp out of the tank to check it and clean the pickup screen. Pickup was fine. But found if i jiggled the 3 wire plug on the coil the car would die. Must be a bad connection in the plug..

On Friday was going to go by the U-Pull-it to get a coil harness since I thought I had a loose connection in mine. Wrong.. On the way there, the car totally died. 2 hours later finallly got to the U-pull-it and got another coil out of a MkIII.

Saturday I finished up on exhaust orders that got delayed to the Pissant crapping out Thursday and Friday and began to install the remaining items in my goody box from Autohaus AZ.

Did a tranny filter and fluid replacement.
      Replaced front control arm bushings(my god they were shot...)
      Replaced front rotors.
      Cleaned ABS sensors in the front.
      Replaced front brake pads..

Since all this took about 9 hours(in addition to what I spent on the exhausts) I was beat and didnt get to install the rear brake pads.

Why did it take 9 hours? Glad you asked, and a heads up to anyone else doing control arm bushings...

On the Passat(first car I noticed to have this) in the pocket where the rear bushings for the front control arms go there are "lips" machined into the pocket for the bushing to sit. its hard to explain, but its like a C shaped groove that protrudes from the surface of the K member, and the bushing gets located by these to keep the bushing from moving around since the hole in the bushing is about 1/4" larger than the bolt....

My aftermarket bushings had a thick layer of rubber on them, and it took a while to figure out that this excess rubber was preventing the bushing from going into that pocket. I trimmed the excess rubber off with a die grinder finally, and the arms slid right back on the car.

Vehicles
      mkiii jetta, mkvi tdi
      09-28-2009 12:22 PM #1773
      Thought about respraying the rear bumber than realized Im really lazy and really broke.
      Quote Originally Posted by VW2002GTI View Post
      be patient young jedi you will get your come upins

24. 09-28-2009 12:30 PM #1774
      so, i need new rotors, no surprise just hurts the wallet being in college with no money. cant wait to get it back and get to work. thinking about simple brembo or zimmermann cross drilled. any input?

Vehicles
      09-28-2009 12:45 PM #1775
      Quote, originally posted by redcrisis »
      thinking about simple brembo or zimmermann cross drilled. any input?

I have Brembo cross-drilled and slotted rotors all around, from ECS:

26. 09-28-2009 01:59 PM #1776
      yeah im getting a nice deal from one of my bimmer buddies so today im picking up brembo vented rears and zimmermann slotted fronts tonight
      edit: tonight not today.

Vehicles
      Mk3, mk2, 8H Cabrio, 4G
      10-02-2009 02:30 PM #1777
      Got my running problems sorter. Took a while to find out everything that was wrong, but now it runs nice and has power back. Lambda, Co, timing, etc. But now the G60 is ready for a smaller pulley and chip
      Hi, I'm T and I am a Switchoholic.

www.ffp.fi

28. 10-02-2009 02:33 PM #1778

Modified by Mr Boosted at 11:34 AM 10-2-2009

10-02-2009 06:01 PM #1779
      scored some OEM Daytonas for $20 a wheel to use as my winter rollers

also got a lead from a buddy whose friend is parting out his wagon, might get some leather goodness for mine

-Mike
      1997 Volkswagen Golf CL
      2001.5 Volkswagen Passat V6 4Motion Beer/parts/material hauler
      2001 Volkswagen Passat V6 4Motion wife's ride

30. Member
      Vehicles
      1997 B4 Passat VR6 ; 2001 MK4 Jetta TDi
      10-03-2009 08:33 PM #1780
      Ripped the dash apart, again, a week after doing the heater core ('tis the season eh?) to replace HVAC controls. Vent selector knob has been broken for years but was hoping it was fixable while I had the dash apart, but alas, not the case. Couldn't let it sit for the few days for the part to show up from GAP because she's my primary (and only) mode of transportation. All working well now.

Also did another round of trying to get the air bubbles out of the coolant system post-heater core swap, and lo and behold, I had heat ... That is until the rad fan switched to high, and the AC compressor kicked on Going to the shop this week for a coolant flush and see if they can't track down that particular electrical gremlin...

Also interested to see if Izzo has any more details on his mk3 cupholder mod since I happened across a set over the weekend

1997 B4 Passat VR6
      2001 MK4 Jetta TDi

Vehicles
      10-03-2009 10:12 PM #1781
      Quote, originally posted by cybr0t »
      Also interested to see if Izzo has any more details on his mk3 cupholder mod since I happened across a set over the weekend

Sure do:
      http://sites.google.com/site/s...nsole

Vehicles
      1992 Passat Syncro Wagon, 1987 Fox Wagon (Project)
      10-03-2009 11:59 PM #1782
      Quote, originally posted by cybr0t »
      Also did another round of trying to get the air bubbles out of the coolant system post-heater core swap, and lo and behold, I had heat ... That is until the rad fan switched to high, and the AC compressor kicked on Going to the shop this week for a coolant flush and see if they can't track down that particular electrical gremlin...

If you had your vents set to defrost, the A/C Compressor is supposed to kick on to help dry the air. Also helps to keep the compressor from seizing over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by 90quattrocoupe
      I am old enough that I only have to be nice when I want to.

33. Member
      Vehicles
      1997 B4 Passat VR6 ; 2001 MK4 Jetta TDi
      10-04-2009 01:51 AM #1783
      Quote, originally posted by efritsch »

If you had your vents set to defrost, the A/C Compressor is supposed to kick on to help dry the air. Also helps to keep the compressor from seizing over the winter.

This is something that's been ongoing for a couple months. Didn't mind too much when it was summer, but now that it's getting closer to winter, and I just put 2 weekends into heater core and hvac controls, would be nice if it turned on and off with the switch.

When I was bleeding the system I got to see/hear from the engine side the compressor audibly engage when the engine got to temp and the rad fan went to high. Vents were set to cabin and the AC switch was off.

If I had to take a wild guess now that I've eliminated the AC switch itself, I'd say it's probably something in the relay on the right/driver's side of the engine bay (not sure if it's in the same place on B3s) that I believe controls rad fan and AC compressor.

1997 B4 Passat VR6
      2001 MK4 Jetta TDi

34. 10-06-2009 02:57 PM #1784
      Installed keyless module from rightclick.co.uk

and my new keychain

Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast