VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

i bet i can show you VW's you've never seen before

59K views 150 replies 81 participants last post by  dubdaze68 
#1 ·
See less See more
#138 ·

Just saw a '68 Fridolin from Australia on an auction site:

In the descrip says this:

• This ‘Fridolin’ Type 147 is understood to be one of only 6,139 examples produced between 1964 and 1974, of which only 200 are believed to still exist.
Pretty low production numbers given the fact that they were being made for an entire decade, and the survivor rate is mighty low too, do you think that the quote of only 200 left is accurate?

#144 ·
View attachment 289511

Just saw a '68 Fridolin from Australia on an auction site:
Can I just take a moment to share my appreciation that there are still places on the Interwebs where people actually continue on an already established thread topic instead of making a new post? People on other platforms get outright upset when you suggest that they should do such a thing.

#141 ·
Mk2 VW Corrado...

...oh wait, maybe not. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: kä_käferbär
#150 ·
Reactions: Northern RD
#2 ·
i've seen the second one, but i can't remember what it's called. it was an australian market utility vehicle.
edit: just read the link, and saw it was a country buggy. i was close though; i thought it was called a type 181 country. but apparently it's a type 189. pretty sweet link though.

Modified by metaljim at 5:56 PM 7-30-2007

#8 ·
Re: i bet i can show you VW's you've never seen before (DUTCHMANia)

Quote, originally posted by DUTCHMANia »

I have actually seen one of those before, and in the US no less. It's an Australian built "Country Buggy" meant for farmers and ranchers.
How about this one for a rare model? It's for sale, yours for only $89,000.

Its a Rometsch Lawrence, built by a coachbuilder in Berlin in the late fifties.

#13 ·
Re: i bet i can show you VW's you've never seen before (PJA)

Quote, originally posted by PJA »

I have actually seen one of those before, and in the US no less. It's an Australian built "Country Buggy" meant for farmers and ranchers.

Yep, it's basically VW of Australia's answer to the VW 181 aka The Thing. Even though they had an ultra simple body design, they were still fairly expensive, which led to only around 2000 units built.

#17 ·
Re: i bet i can show you VW's you've never seen before (marknuck311)

Quote, originally posted by marknuck311 »
So, are these factory produced VW's, or kit cars on VW chassis'?
both

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.