Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 220 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - PorscheTalk

1. 08-24-2007 06:01 AM #106
      the 997 turbo wasn't as fast as i thought it would be, but then again it could have been the driver. i spoke to him afterwards; he was pretty happy with how he was going.
      nick,
      how did the exige fair against the weissach technicolour monsters?

2. 08-24-2007 06:11 AM #107
      Quote, originally posted by aussie jimmy »
      the 997 turbo wasn't as fast as i thought it would be, but then again it could have been the driver. i spoke to him afterwards; he was pretty happy with how he was going.
      nick,
      how did the exige fair against the weissach technicolour monsters?

Was that the 'PUBBOY' Turbo/ Coffee cruiser?

Exige went well, its an ex-trophy series car with the works done to it. I can easily hold them on the corners and even make ground, but once the straights appear.....say goodbye! I could hold them off abit longer in circuit racing but at a BDD. I did have fuel/ oil (TBD) surge problem at turn 2 in the afternoon.
      I really only had trouble from the GT3RS cars on the day and Peter Cheung in his 996 Turbo race car. Never was passed by a standert GT3 from memory.
      Ive got a Lotus Sport Supercharger kit sitting in my workshop but Im entering Bathurst 12Hr next year so cant put it on due to regs. Brstardos!. It would make the world of difference but alas!

3. 08-24-2007 06:18 AM #108
      Bring on the insanity

4. 08-24-2007 06:20 AM #109
      Quote, originally posted by Enzothemaddog »

Ive got a Lotus Sport Supercharger kit sitting in my workshop but Im entering Bathurst 12Hr next year so cant put it on due to regs. Brstardos!. It would make the world of difference but alas!

I thought you had already retro-fitted a s/c kit on you car?

5. 08-24-2007 06:22 AM #110
      yeah was that turbo.
      i was reading " turbo" up close and personal for five laps at least.
      never got overtaken though by anything - had to highbeam that vantage after a couple of laps, he mustn't have been at the meeting or something.......
      next time into the intermediates though.....

that silver rs was going pretty hard....... and warren's stradale..
      what colour was the turbo 996?
      there was a yellow one doing ok, and there was a silver 996gt3 that was going good as well...

Modified by aussie jimmy at 3:24 AM 8-24-2007

6. 08-24-2007 06:28 AM #111
      Quote, originally posted by Gumbi »

I thought you had already retro-fitted a s/c kit on you car?

The rear Clam was off, gearbox removed and then got a call from higher powers to drop tools....
      I'll fit it after Feb 11th 2008. Was able to fit the massive AP brakes, Forged rims, upgraded Clutch kit, Fire bomb and Recaro though.
      All I have to do now is install a 100L fuel tank with dry break to be ready.

7. 08-24-2007 06:30 AM #112
      Quote, originally posted by aussie jimmy »
      yeah was that turbo.
      i was reading " turbo" up close and personal for five laps at least.
      never got overtaken though by anything - had to highbeam that vantage after a couple of laps, he mustn't have been at the meeting or something.......
      next time into the intermediates though.....

that silver rs was going pretty hard....... and warren's stradale..
      what colour was the turbo 996?
      there was a yellow one doing ok, and there was a silver 996gt3 that was going good as well...

Modified by aussie jimmy at 3:24 AM 8-24-2007

Was the yellow turbo. Ive done alot of track days with him and he's a very good driver imo.

Vehicles
      2008 Mitsubishi Colt. 2012 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
      08-24-2007 06:36 AM #113
      Hi my name is Ian and I'm a poor Porsche freak.
      I've actually got both the 911 30th AND 40th aniversary issues of Christoforus, bite me on the spelling, in my collection. Not to mention Cayenne release video and 2 copies of the hard cover brochure, one of which is a spoil. I actually had 2 copies of the 30th anivesary magazine but I donated the spare to Gulson's Porsche .
      My Porsche garage:
      Cayenne S with air suspension, off road equipment and just about everything else. In Minerva blue. For Heather to carry the kids
      356 Carrera, enough said.
      1973 911E Targa Sportmatic, in green.
      3.3 930 in Black with black recaros on gold BBS cross spokes.
      White 934.

9. 08-24-2007 06:38 AM #114
      Quote, originally posted by irsa76 »
      Hi my name is Ian and I'm a poor Porsche freak.
      I've actually got both the 911 30th AND 40th aniversary issues of Christoforus, bite me on the spelling, in my collection. Not to mention Cayenne release video and 2 copies of the hard cover brochure, one of which is a spoil. I actually had 2 copies of the 30th anivesary magazine but I donated the spare to Gulson's Porsche .
      My Porsche garage:
      Cayenne S with air suspension, off road equipment and just about everything else. In Minerva blue. For Heather to carry the kids
      356 Carrera, enough said.
      1973 911E Targa Sportmatic, in green.
      3.3 930 in Black with black recaros on gold BBS cross spokes.
      White 934.

You poor lad, you are addicted

10. 08-24-2007 06:47 AM #115
      at the last burrows day, there were so many gt3's that i nearly od'd...

11. 08-24-2007 06:51 AM #116

I really only had trouble from the GT3RS cars on the day and Peter Cheung in his 996 Turbo race car

i met him - really nice guy, although i thought his name was phillip?

12. 08-24-2007 08:05 AM #117
      Quote, originally posted by KGB »

Nah, what, Orange with the black contrast, or come to think of it black with the orange contrast like the one at PCM now...70's vibe brother.

maybe it's sold...
      pix taken last sunday afternoon

Vehicles
      08-24-2007 11:55 PM #118
      Just remembered a story dad told me a while ago. He worked for Gulsons and Porsche had sent a couple of cars up for the club charity ride day, including the blue Cayenne S just before the launch. Jim Richards was there with one of his race cars, dad can't remember which one beyond it was VERY quick. Some how dad got a ride with Jim around the Sutton driver training track. He reckoned he nearly had a heart attack. Not because he was scared, but because the speed and G forces they generated! Apparently the only reason why Jim had to leave was he had other commitments elsewhere. From all accounts a really top bloke.

Vehicles
      08-25-2007 12:02 AM #119

You poor lad, you are addicted

Yeah, I know. Doesn't help that Gulson's is across and up the road a bit from work

15. 08-26-2007 04:52 AM #120
      wayne, any reports on how your mate's triple-black 997s,
      goes up against your ammmmm?
      have you fallen in love with it all over again?
      has it infiltrated your soul yet?
      please, do tell........

16. Senior Member
      08-26-2007 11:46 AM #121
      Here's a short answer. I have not driven his car. Too afraid to drive it in case I want to trade the AM in.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

17. 08-26-2007 06:46 PM #122
      this little baby in our workshop:

Was joined by our latest APR development car on Friday:

Picked her up on Friday - raining, Saturday - raining - Sunday - Fine!

Took her for a good loop up Mt Cootha, then Mt Mee, Then back over Mt Glorious & then Mt Nebo - got nearly 300km's on her before she hit the dyno this morning.

So far I am very, very impressed with the balance & handling

Vehicles
      Neunelfer und die grosser Diesel Tourenwagen
      08-26-2007 08:35 PM #123
      Quote, originally posted by EZZY »

maybe it's sold...
      pix taken last sunday afternoon

Apparently it belongs to the MD of the Audi Centre Melbourne.

Modified by KGB at 10:39 AM 8-27-2007

Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      I am planning to keep this for awhile. I am deadly serious too.

19. Senior Member
      08-27-2007 04:55 AM #124
      The MD is the owner? The owner is an Indonesian dude with heaps of cars. DB9 being one of them.

20. 08-27-2007 05:02 AM #125
      Quote, originally posted by WAY »
      Here's a short answer. I have not driven his car. Too afraid to drive it in case I want to trade the AM in.

hahahaha
      it is the age-old case of "first to drive will buy"

21. 08-27-2007 06:43 AM #126
      Quote, originally posted by aussie audi guy »

So what can you do for me?. I have one of these.

Spotted: Me checking out one of the old girls birthday presents today. Its funny how a quote for paint goes from $8K to $12k overnight!
      Just waiting on the new rubbers for the windscreen and rear window, then were cooking with gas baby!

22. Senior Member
      08-27-2007 06:59 AM #127

You want to blow up the tip? Don't modify a tip car!

What Lotus is that? I love it.

23. 08-27-2007 07:05 AM #128

You want to blow up the tip? Don't modify a tip car!

What Lotus is that? I love it.

Lotus (Type 14) S2 Elite (Super 100 spec). Still one of the lowest drag co-efficient cars on earth.
      Fresh paint, upholstery, race seats, cage, suspension, brakes, wheels and engine. Ready to race in 3 weeks!
      44 years old and less than 2000 miles!

24. Senior Member
      08-27-2007 09:28 AM #129
      Why are you turning it into a race car? What happens to the value of vintage cars when you turn them into race cars?

25. 08-27-2007 06:18 PM #130

Spotted: Me checking out one of the old girls birthday presents today. Its funny how a quote for paint goes from $8K to $12k overnight!
      Just waiting on the new rubbers for the windscreen and rear window, then were cooking with gas baby!

Hey Enzo - Nice Lotus don't you love restoring cars & the prices associated

On the Cayman we have software, full exhaust, new upside down Sach's single adjustment coilovers, 380mm brembo's, Quaife LSD, Sach racing clutch - All will be fine for the tip gearbox (sans the clutch & diff of course!) - Its only a 50 - 60 hp gain over stock, so no tranny trobles there

I just have to workl out if aftermarket wheels will help me, or just get a second set of these for my hoosiers!

26. 08-27-2007 06:54 PM #131
      Why are you turning it into a race car? What happens to the value of vintage cars when you turn them into race cars?

Always was a race car. Vintage race cars are worth alot more than a road spec car.

27. 08-27-2007 06:56 PM #132
      Quote, originally posted by aussie audi guy »

Hey Enzo - Nice Lotus don't you love restoring cars & the prices associated

On the Cayman we have software, full exhaust, new upside down Sach's single adjustment coilovers, 380mm brembo's, Quaife LSD, Sach racing clutch - All will be fine for the tip gearbox (sans the clutch & diff of course!) - Its only a 50 - 60 hp gain over stock, so no tranny trobles there

I just have to workl out if aftermarket wheels will help me, or just get a second set of these for my hoosiers!

Sounds good, I like the sound of a software flash and exhaust. I'll have a think and get back to you.

08-27-2007 07:52 PM #133
      Saw an elite the same colour at the Ellerslie Concours last year, or the year before, had cool fixed side windows in plexiglass with a circular cut-out for ventilation, not so good in the rain though.

I also remember an english guy bringing a very serious elan out to NZ for the classic car racing season, I believe it was a real 26R with all the good bits. It was running in a very high state of tune and was awesomely quick.

Vehicles
      Neunelfer und die grosser Diesel Tourenwagen
      08-27-2007 08:12 PM #134
      Heard this form a good friend who does a lot of work with PCM...?
      I have no idea other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      I am planning to keep this for awhile. I am deadly serious too.

Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      08-27-2007 08:20 PM #135
      ...Im entering Bathurst 12Hr next year so...

Nice.

31. 08-27-2007 08:46 PM #136
      Quote, originally posted by R’chitect »
      Saw an elite the same colour at the Ellerslie Concours last year, or the year before, had cool fixed side windows in plexiglass with a circular cut-out for ventilation, not so good in the rain though.

I also remember an english guy bringing a very serious elan out to NZ for the classic car racing season, I believe it was a real 26R with all the good bits. It was running in a very high state of tune and was awesomely quick.

This one does have the fixed windows and have installed a slider window, but they usually stay un-installed unless in a serious downpour. Gets bloody hot in these fibreglass cars.
      Theres a 50 year celebration of the Elite down at Wakefield Park in a couple of months where almost all Elites in Oz will be attending. Should be a good day!

Theres a 26R thats for sale in Oz atm which would be a good buy. They're a seriously quick machine and are really appreciating in value.
      http://www.race-cars.com/carsa...s.htm

08-27-2007 09:14 PM #137
      The 26R I saw still had a roof on and was in BRG with yellow stripes.
      The heat in that car was immense judging by how much sweat was pouring off the driver after he'd prised himself out of the car at the end of a sprint race...

At the time, around '97, '98 it was reputedly worth $50k US so they have been appreciating nicely.

Does the elite run 145 width tyres? I love driving old cars on skinny tyres, the fulvia is on 165 Michelins which is just perfect for a 900kg car.

33. 09-03-2007 07:14 AM #138

who did the re-spray for you nick?

on the odd occasional sunny day, i get access to my bro's e-type. nice drive and plenty of grunt for an oldie

34. 09-03-2007 07:36 AM #139

That is just gorgeous!!

iPad Certified.

35. Senior Member
      09-03-2007 08:17 AM #140
      Quote, originally posted by Gumbi »

who did the re-spray for you nick?

on the odd occasional sunny day, i get access to my bro's e-type. nice drive and plenty of grunt for an oldie

Your bro has a E-type? Man I love that car!

Page 4 of 220 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast