VWVortex

Page 313 of 313 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313
    Results 7,801 to 7,817 of 7817

Thread: OT - PorscheTalk

1. Member
      Vehicles
      C63S; ISF; RR Vogue
      06-10-2015 07:28 PM #7801
      build slot isn't confirmed, although they are getting between 1-2 cars a month starting August, and i'm number 9 on the list, i didn't bother with any options / colors at this stage as its still ages away from needing to be locked in, but am thinking something different than black, all the other cars are and or have been black.

i read up on the whole bucket seat issue, and appears that it doesn't fit everyone very well, so may consider going with the adaptive at half the price.

The CCB on the C63s is only 9k (i didn't get them) but that's for the front only, i think the GT4 is front and back, reading on this it "appears" that the standard brakes are more than enough given the weight and balance of the car.

With the alcantara i was referring to the extended bits, dash, doors etc...

apparently W Rohrl is also getting one, out of curiosity have you ever come across his specs??

Vehicles
      a black frog
      06-11-2015 08:32 AM #7802
      Try this for size

It changes often

Vehicles
      a black frog
      06-11-2015 08:52 AM #7803
      Lemonaid, I think the 380mm conventional brakes, off the GT3, on a 1300kg car, will be sufficient, just
      It changes often

4. Member
      Vehicles
      C63S; ISF; RR Vogue
      06-11-2015 09:15 AM #7804
      Quote Originally Posted by R32DBPGenV View Post
      Lemonaid, I think the 380mm conventional brakes, off the GT3, on a 1300kg car, will be sufficient, just
      Yes, i think so too.

Have wasted plenty of time on the configurator today, spec of the day is:

Guards Red
      Full Leather
      Adaptive Seats
      Heated Seats
      Light Design (had this in the cayenne was ok)
      Contrast Red Stitching

we'll see what tomorrow brings...

also, a challenger appeared, a Demo 2015 White PDK GTS, glass roof, PSE, GTS interior package, and some other useless stuff, 1,000 km, available now.

have offered $250k, didn't get a no, but that they "need" a bit more...

Vehicles
      a black frog
      06-11-2015 09:28 AM #7805
      There's this baby in Canberra too, I suggest there are a few around.

It was listed at $303, demo.

Niiiiice!
      It changes often

6. Member
      Vehicles
      C63S; ISF; RR Vogue
      06-11-2015 09:34 AM #7806
      There's this baby in Canberra too, I suggest there are a few around.

It was listed at $303, demo.

Niiiiice!
      thats nice, but too black??? the c63 is black on black and the black wheels, mostly went that way as the shape is nothing special and the colour blends it all in, a perfect 991 GTS for me would be the Agate

7. Senior Member
      06-11-2015 11:15 AM #7807
      Quote Originally Posted by lem0naid View Post
      build slot isn't confirmed, although they are getting between 1-2 cars a month starting August, and i'm number 9 on the list, i didn't bother with any options / colors at this stage as its still ages away from needing to be locked in, but am thinking something different than black, all the other cars are and or have been black.

i read up on the whole bucket seat issue, and appears that it doesn't fit everyone very well, so may consider going with the adaptive at half the price.

The CCB on the C63s is only 9k (i didn't get them) but that's for the front only, i think the GT4 is front and back, reading on this it "appears" that the standard brakes are more than enough given the weight and balance of the car.

With the alcantara i was referring to the extended bits, dash, doors etc...

apparently W Rohrl is also getting one, out of curiosity have you ever come across his specs??
      Walter's car would be pretty bare bone spec if history is any indication. He gets all the stuff that makes the driving experience and nothing else. He has also said that he wouldn't get PCCB which is no surprise.

Yup, the GT3 brakes are absolutely massive and powerful. PCCB is more for looks and weight saving. I have to say that having had PCCBs on a few cars, it does make the steering feel better, and rides better due to the unsprung weight. Not worth it though on a car like GT4 that you will track.

There are no alcantara option for dash and door trim, other than what is already standard. So if you get leather interior, you get leather on top of the dash, alcantara on the lower part of the dash, leather on the top door trim, and alcantara on the lower door trim, and leather on the sides of front centre console. Porsche configuration is the most confusing thing.

Guards is beautiful. I personally think red or yellow is stunning on the GT4. As is white and agate. I have or had agate and white 981s, and they both look nice. If you are getting red though, maybe you should consider the red seat belt. Personally I'm not a fan of the contrasting red stitching, and certainly would not pay $3k for that option. Biggest rip off ever.

GTS is a great car. I love them, but my issue with them has always been the price - I rather buy a GT3. But if it's $250k, I would get it. I suspect they won't move for under $280k but will be interesting to see. I love the fact that my kids can sit in the car too.

I ordered my C63S in the brilliant blue btw. I agree that the shape of the C63 is not aggressive enough, hence I thought I would go the luxury look with the blue instead. The problem with these cars (unlike my M3) is that they all look the same. We are picking up a white C250 with AMG line the next few days and I can't really see much difference between that car and the 63!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

8. Senior Member
      06-11-2015 11:21 AM #7808
      Forgot to mention the "free" options. You should spec the larger fuel tank, the passenger footwell netting, and smoker package if you want a cover instead of a hole and a 12v point (lighter) on the centre console. Also, I personally would go with the black spoiler strut with Guards, another free option.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      C63S; ISF; RR Vogue
      06-12-2015 12:50 AM #7809
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      Guards is beautiful. I personally think red or yellow is stunning on the GT4. As is white and agate. I have or had agate and white 981s, and they both look nice. If you are getting red though, maybe you should consider the red seat belt. Personally I'm not a fan of the contrasting red stitching, and certainly would not pay $3k for that option. Biggest rip off ever.
      I love the contrast stitching, have it in the vogue and the c63s

GTS is a great car. I love them, but my issue with them has always been the price - I rather buy a GT3. But if it's $250k, I would get it. I suspect they won't move for under $280k but will be interesting to see. I love the fact that my kids can sit in the car too.
      This alone to me is worth a lot, with the kids being 4 & 2 they will be in a baby seat for years to come, so the back seat puts the GTS up there in desirability...

I ordered my C63S in the brilliant blue btw. I agree that the shape of the C63 is not aggressive enough, hence I thought I would go the luxury look with the blue instead. The problem with these cars (unlike my M3) is that they all look the same.
      agree, a boring looking 600hp sleeper.

Brilliant blue looks hot, although a bit bright for me, Lunar Blue would have been better but not available. The other thing i wish we could've had was the designo interior, but no luck.

10. Senior Member
      06-12-2015 02:46 AM #7810
      Edition 1 interior is a bit more "special" if you like that look. Did you spec CF? That's my only option on the car. Anyway it's just another car to me, unlike the GT4. That one I'm really looking forward to.

Vehicles
      a black frog
      06-12-2015 03:02 AM #7811
      Edition 1 interior is a bit more "special" if you like that look. Did you spec CF? That's my only option on the car. Anyway it's just another car to me, unlike the GT4. That one I'm really looking forward to.
      So you're getting a GT4, wow, what colour are you going with?
      It changes often

12. Senior Member
      06-12-2015 03:28 AM #7812
      So you're getting a GT4, wow, what colour are you going with?
      I'm just looking forward to Lemonade's one. Besides it was you who was getting one I believe. Colour poll and all.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      C63S; ISF; RR Vogue
      06-12-2015 10:43 AM #7813
      Edition 1 is too r1cer for me, seriously who thought of that sh1t.... stickers and stripes.

i didn't go for the CF, it has a reddish hue in photos, and i really liked the open pore black trim.

Vehicles
      a black frog
      06-17-2015 05:12 AM #7814
      I'll take both please!

It changes often

Vehicles
      a black frog
      06-24-2015 02:52 AM #7815
      It changes often

Vehicles
      79 GLD, 03 GTI
      06-24-2015 05:26 PM #7816
      I'm a country member.

06-24-2015 10:16 PM #7817
      Yeah...saw this recently...made me drool...and then I remembered my decreasing follicular situation

Edit: the related article. http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/24/e...red-by-singer/

But wait, there's moah
      http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/26/p...-review-video/
      Last edited by Timbo_S3; 06-26-2015 at 09:12 PM.

Page 313 of 313 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313