i haven't been diagnosed yet,
but i think i have contracted
P O R S C H E M A D N E S S!
anybody else here got it yet?

feels good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: OT - PorscheTalk (aussie jimmy)

Haha our Porsche talk is usually all over various thread. Good idea to create this. Afterall, it isn't that OT. Porsche own a large part of VAG!
Anyway, you know my feelings about Porsches. So, what are you gonna do about your addiction? I think anyone coming on this thread should begin with the sentence, "Hi, I am xxx, and I am a Porsche-holic".
I will start. Hi, I am Wayne, and I am a Porsche-holic.

#8 ·
Re: OT - PorscheTalk (R'chitect)

Quote, originally posted by R’chitect »
Just think about a 70's 911 targa with a sportsmatic transmission, a 964 'upgrade', dodge paint job, reupholstered in 'white leather' with a leaking main seal. That should dampen the most virulent case of porschitis...

lets not go there

just think RUF or Farnbacherloles on 996 ->

#9 ·
Re: OT - PorscheTalk (WAY)

even though i'm still on dial-up at home, i can sense
the severity of eddie's submitted image which no doubt
speaks many thousands of praiseful words......
wayne, i feel your pain.
this sickness is debilitating.
my kitchen bench top has been taken over
by an array of gt3's seldom seen this side of the
nurburgring! my bathroom is home to scores of
virtuous titles like "excellence", "christophorus"
and "gt porsche".....
i'm sure it has been spreading around these forums
as the symptoms have been plainly evident amongst
some of the inner circle...

#11 ·
Re: OT - PorscheTalk (R'chitect)

Quote, originally posted by R’chitect »
James,
Just think about a 70's 911 targa with a sportsmatic transmission, a 964 'upgrade', dodge paint job, reupholstered in 'white leather' with a leaking main seal. That should dampen the most virulent case of porschitis...

mmmmmmmm love it.
even a dog like the 928 got me
thinking of some risky bizness..

as long as i don't own it, i can still fantasize!

#12 ·
Re: OT - PorscheTalk (IML337)

Quote, originally posted by IML337 »

I call bullshiit. You traded a 997 911 Carerra for a British Racing Green Ford Mondeo.

Ok confession time...everytime I drive past Porsche Centre Melbourne I wished that I had gone for the GT3 or RS! But then when I see the AMV8 I forget about that. It's just such a beautiful car to look at.

#2,670 ·
Quote, originally posted by IML337 »

I call bullshiit. You traded a 997 911 Carerra for a British Racing Green Ford Mondeo.

Ok confession time...everytime I drive past Porsche Centre Melbourne I wished that I had gone for the GT3 or RS! But then when I see the AMV8 I forget about that. It's just such a beautiful car to look at.
Ok this from page 1. Sigh, I just said to my wife this afternoon that I should have bought the GT3 instead of the AMV8. Would have been cheaper too. She said yeah, if I did I probably would still have it. She is right!

#15 ·
Re: OT - PorscheTalk (WAY)

Quote, originally posted by WAY »

yeah, but do you look at it, or drive it?

#18 ·
Re: OT - PorscheTalk (jerrah)

Quote, originally posted by jerrah »
Dog?
I've been looking at 928's, but every single one has been an auto... Did they come out with a manual box?

928s are a great car. My old man had a 928S4, auto.
As for manuals, the 928GT was a manual, with a silghtly tuned engine. The newer 928GTS could also be had as a manual, but good luck finding either. They're rare as! Finding one in good condition is also going to be difficult

I'm not sure about the earlier 928, 928S or 928S2- whether they came with stick-shift here in Australia.

#20 ·
Re: OT - PorscheTalk (aussie jimmy)

928 may be a dog to maintain, but they are brilliant cars! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif The only Porsche I probably wouldn't buy is a 924. Make that VW 924.
Oh unless it is a 924 GT, then that is a completely different story. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Dream garage poll again - What 5 Porsche would you get? I have to think about this and get back to you guys.

#23 ·
Re: (Gumbi)

Quote, originally posted by Gumbi »
i know its not a porsche - but after "mylesing" an 07 exige the other day, i think it would be a great alternative http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Can't agree with that. I love the Exige, very vey much. And I would love to own one as a track car one day. But I will never see it as an alternative to a Porsche. Porsches are the only marque that you can really drive to work during the week, and track it on the weekend without the car falling apart. Try that on Lotus (or Ferrari or Lambo) and you will see what I mean.

#24 ·
Re: OT - PorscheTalk (Jules)

there was a time when porsche as a company
was in dire straits. the 928 was supposed to be
the 911's successor! history has taken a very different
course though....
the purists were stubborn and bought more 911's,
and the fuel crisis killed off the 928...and wendelin
weideking made the assembly lines more efficient...

#26 ·
Re: (WAY)

Quote, originally posted by WAY »

Can't agree with that. I love the Exige, very vey much. And I would love to own one as a track car one day. But I will never see it as an alternative to a Porsche. Porsches are the only marque that you can really drive to work during the week, and track it on the weekend without the car falling apart. Try that on Lotus (or Ferrari or Lambo) and you will see what I mean.

i totally agree.
the porsche is built like a bank-vault.
i reckon the same could said about the amg cars though http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.