Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 139 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
    Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 4467

Thread: Best New Beer You've Tried Recently?

Vehicles
      2001 Passat Wagon
      03-04-2012 01:47 PM #3451
      still going to stick to PBR to save money for my jetta

03-04-2012 04:29 PM #3452
      Had the 2012 SN Hoptimum last night...massive hop bomb. Almost over the top. COuld stand to chill out just a bit.
      Also had the 2012 Central Waters Illumination...another great DIPA. Also picked up the Central Waters Bourbon Cherry Stout, and the NG Cherry stout for a little side by side.

Finally saw SN Torpedo in cans too...gonna be a good boat beer this summer.
      MADSPEED

Vehicles
      1967 AMC Rambler American
      03-05-2012 06:37 PM #3453
      I've been wanting to try Hoptimum. I've seen it on tap a few places around town, but haven't seen any bottles. Also saw Long Stem on tap, which I'd never even heard of.

Just finished this on friend's suggestion. Picked it up a while ago and wonder if age has effected it more than I expected (bottle is about 19 months old). It's good, but I really get virtually no pumpkin or spruce. Almost all I get is the typical roasty flavors of an imperial stout. Don't know that I'd buy it again, but it isn't bad. If I see it on tap some time I'll try it again to compare.

Vehicles
      2003 1.8 Tango
      03-05-2012 11:51 PM #3454
      Has Evolution made it outside of Delaware & Maryland yet? (AKA Evo) I highly recommend the Primal Pale Ale and the Exile ESB...just tried their Lot #3 IPA tonight and it's hoptacular.
      -= DelDubs =-

Vehicles
      03-06-2012 08:42 PM #3455
      Quote Originally Posted by Karmanniac View Post
      Has Evolution made it outside of Delaware & Maryland yet? (AKA Evo) I highly recommend the Primal Pale Ale and the Exile ESB...just tried their Lot #3 IPA tonight and it's hoptacular.
      I've never heard of them, but I imagine that even if they leave the immediate area, Arizona will be one of the later places to ever get it.

Just finishing off this, my second can. Feel a bit selfish, as I didn't share either of them, but I kept wanting to get together with friends and it just didn't happen. Still, don't feel too bad about it and, honestly, it's in the top ten beers I've ever had. I think it's very possibly my favorite IIPA, and that's saying something. If I could get this regularly I would drink a LOT of it. The only IIPA that I feel like I've enjoyed as much is Port's Mongo on cask, which has stuck in my head more than any other beer I've had. We talking just about bottles/cans, I think I like it better than Hopslam, Pliny, Ruination, Gubna, Myrcenary, all the Port hopbombs, etc... it's just so, so good and I could drink a four pack of them in one sitting and be very happy to do so.

Vehicles
      2003 1.8 Tango
      03-06-2012 11:19 PM #3456
      Just got back from my local...totally panning their Abbey Hoffman. You'd think that with a name like that it would show some complexity.
      -= DelDubs =-

7. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32, S4
      03-07-2012 03:36 AM #3457
      had this last weekend:

i don't know why i keep buying and trying these types of beers when i KNOW i don't like them. it was very tasty and aromatic, but i cringed every time i sipped it. and the only reason i finished it was because i paid $17.00 for it. just not my style considering i don't like bourbon at all. i am retard.
      welcome to the layer cake

03-07-2012 09:08 AM #3458
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      had this last weekend:

i don't know why i keep buying and trying these types of beers when i KNOW i don't like them. it was very tasty and aromatic, but i cringed every time i sipped it. and the only reason i finished it was because i paid $17.00 for it. just not my style considering i don't like bourbon at all. i am retard.
      ack
      I keep missing those maple bourbon Founders beers....next time you get one..send it my way..it will be appreciated
      MADSPEED

Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fusion w/ 3 pedals, 2014 Ford Escape... driven at/or beyond their limits
      03-07-2012 09:18 AM #3459
      Quote Originally Posted by kweetech View Post
      ack
      I keep missing those maple bourbon Founders beers....next time you get one..send it my way..it will be appreciated
      Wanted to get ahold of some of that stuff... I tried both of the local spots around me with no luck. One of the places had it sold before it ever showed up (waiting list) and the other one did some email contest for the 4 4-packs that they got.
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV1
      Scene points are kind of like bitcoins... They really carry no value outside of the internet.

Vehicles
      GulfCoastEuros.com
      03-07-2012 12:13 PM #3460
      Hoptimus Prime, Brooklyn Local 2, Hopslam, and then the local WOB had Delirium Nocturnum on tap so I tried that as well. I like Delirium stuff better on tap.
      GC | Tampa's Home for Euro Enthusiasts! | You Like This!

11. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32, S4
      03-08-2012 02:54 AM #3461
      Quote Originally Posted by kweetech View Post
      ack
      i'll see what i can do. i'll check out the local, which actually has a fantastic selection, after work friday, and report back with their stock. then, we can go from there.
      welcome to the layer cake

12. Member
      Vehicles
      64 LCC, B8 S4, MK5. in order of respectibility
      03-08-2012 08:04 AM #3462
      went to a local dive bar for wing night, special was $2 miller light pints . i looked at their taps and to my surprise, they had delerium tremens . $5 delerium pints and cheap wings and i am hurting this morning

Vehicles
      2003 1.8 Tango
      03-08-2012 07:53 PM #3463
      Pretty good, but a slightly metallic aftertaste:

-= DelDubs =-

Vehicles
      Focus hatch
      03-08-2012 08:02 PM #3464
      had this last weekend:

That cringing? It's the oak putting hair on your chest

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 07:56 PM #3465
      Quote Originally Posted by rawbdee View Post
      Hoptimus Prime, Brooklyn Local 2, Hopslam, and then the local WOB had Delirium Nocturnum on tap so I tried that as well. I like Delirium stuff better on tap.
      We don't get any Brooklyn beers out here, but I've been curious. I've been wanting to try Delirium again, as it's been a while, but just haven't got around to it. It's on my list of beers to try again, though, haha.
      Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
      went to a local dive bar for wing night, special was $2 miller light pints . i looked at their taps and to my surprise, they had delerium tremens . $5 delerium pints and cheap wings and i am hurting this morning
      Had a sort of similar experience at a local place, but was still seriously disappointed. Met a friend at a local Irish place for a few beers and wings, but I was more focused on the beers and she wasn't even drinking at first. Anyway, they had happy hour but it only really made the awful beers there a good deal. 22oz pours were still like $6 for New Belgium Dig (best beer they had on top) which is kind of weak when I can get damn good pints of beer other places for $2-3.50 a pint. Still had three of them, though, haha. Wings were alright, too.
      Quote Originally Posted by FBMphil View Post
      That cringing? It's the oak putting hair on your chest
      I like tasting SOME barrel characteristics but really don't like it to get too woody, personally. Sometimes I feel like that's all I can taste.

Last three beers (first a couple days ago, the other two today):

Keeping it classy with the matching schooner.

First time I've had it since it was fresh (had a bottle and on tap) and this bottle is about a year old. Think they recently rereleased this beer, though. Overall, pretty solid. Definitely improved as it warmed and the booze (7.8%) is very well hidden. Think it's better fresh, though, as it's a surprisingly hoppy beer, given what they bill it as.

On to this and, so far, not crazy about it, but it is kind of growing on me (might be the 10.4% ABV). Just not my favorite hop profile, I guess. Pretty unique, though. I just prefer more of the citrusy, tropical fruit flavors and less of the grassy flavors. Like all the bitterness, though.
      Last edited by pat_ernzen; 03-12-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Vehicles
      2003 1.8 Tango
      03-12-2012 08:04 PM #3466
      Quote Originally Posted by pat_ernzen View Post

First time I've had it since it was fresh (had a bottle and on tap) and this bottle is about a year old. Think they recently rereleased this beer, though. Overall, pretty solid. Definitely improved as it warmed and the booze (7.8%) is very well hidden. Think it's better fresh, though, as it's a surprisingly hoppy beer, given what they bill it as.
      Should read, "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot," but the jobless recovery is spot on. This is now on my radar!
      -= DelDubs =-

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 08:09 PM #3467
      Have a feeling there may have been some BS legal reasons it wasn't "Whiskey T F". That or they were worried it would imply it was whiskey barrel aged or something. Either way, I can see why they didn't do it. And yeah, it's good. You should be able to find the late 2011 bottles in your area easily enough if you get Lagunitas beers where you are. I know they're still all over the place here.

18. Member
      03-13-2012 07:26 PM #3468

Vehicles
      03-13-2012 09:20 PM #3469
      Jealous. Would really like to try some Hill Farmstead stuff and that sounds like a good one. Remember hearing about it before it was released.

Drinking my second and last bottle of New Glarus Apple Ale. I think it was a bit better fresh, but it's still pretty damn good. Without question the best smelling apple beer or cider I've ever smelled. One of the those beers I could smell for hours.

20. 03-14-2012 04:04 PM #3470
      tried this for the first time.

Vehicles
      2003 1.8 Tango
      03-15-2012 12:51 PM #3471
      Quote Originally Posted by pat_ernzen View Post
      You should be able to find the late 2011 bottles in your area easily enough if you get Lagunitas beers where you are. I know they're still all over the place here.
      Thanks for the tip! Didn't find the WTF, but I picked up a sixer of their Maximus IPA (hoptacular, with an excellent caramel note) and a Cappuccino Stout (after cocktails and 2 of the Maximus I was buzzing hard.)
      -= DelDubs =-

Vehicles
      14 Jetta TDI, 84 GTI, 92 Corrado
      03-16-2012 01:56 AM #3472
      had this last weekend:

I just picked up a few bottles of this and about 6 bottles of KBS.
      Gonna have to piss of the tree huggers and make this clean diesel roll some coal!!!

Vehicles
      03-16-2012 02:08 AM #3473
      Quote Originally Posted by Der Schaltwerks View Post
      Founders has no bad beers. Bells has a few duds.

Founders: Dirty Bastard, Porter and Breakfast stout are among my faves

Bells: Expedition stout, cherry stout, double cream stout, Oberon are among my faves.
      QFT!!!

I am big on founders stuff.
      Gonna have to piss of the tree huggers and make this clean diesel roll some coal!!!

Vehicles
      03-16-2012 04:00 AM #3474
      Can anybody get me some 120minute IPA from dogfish head? A 4pk would be great and I have stuff to trade for it that you may not be able to get out on the east coast.

Vehicles
      05' WRX
      03-16-2012 04:13 PM #3475
      I can get anything DFH, lmk what you have and we could possibly do a trade
      ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้

Page 139 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast