Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: My KitchenAid Superba ice maker not working

1. 08-31-2007 10:38 AM #1
      I can feel ice inside the maker but they are not dropping. Ice control red light flashing and it is in the on position. Water dispenses fine from outside door, as well as ice. There is no ice jammed at least from the outside that I can see.
      Appreciate any help.

09-01-2007 11:19 PM #2
      Quote, originally posted by cperry12 »
      I can feel ice inside the maker but they are not dropping. Ice control red light flashing and it is in the on position. Water dispenses fine from outside door, as well as ice. There is no ice jammed at least from the outside that I can see.
      Appreciate any help.

i have a kitchen aid with a ice maker too.

i have the same problem every once and while.

my first fix was remove maker... defrost and reinstall.

then it happen again. now i just pull the power cord to it and reinstall it and it works again until the next time.

real pain but cheaper than buying a new ice maker or fridge.

2013 Benz B250 Sport PGK - 18s Run Flat - Xenons, Premium Package, Tech Pkg - Silver
      2011 Benz ML350 BLUETEC 4Matic - 20s - Avante Garde Package, Running Boards, tow pkg - Palladium Silver
      2008 Jeep Patriot - Silver

3. 09-02-2007 08:51 AM #3
      Thanks for the advice!
      I do have the extended warranty so I won't touch anything in case I do something wrong. I have a call out but due to the holiday weekend whoever is going to fix it hasn't called me yet. I'll make sure I pay attention to what he does.
      The refrigerator is only 2 years old and it's the first problem I've had.
      I keep watching it everyday and same thing. There is ice in the icemaker but they won't drop into the bin in the door.

09-02-2007 09:36 AM #4
      my fridge is also 2.5 years old but I did not buy the warranty..
      my ice maker does exactly what you described...

it works for like 1 month at a time.. it does not bug me. because i do not plan on spending hundreds on repair... I just reset it and off it goes..

but please post what they end up repairing - just for my own knowledge.
      thank you
      steve

2013 Benz B250 Sport PGK - 18s Run Flat - Xenons, Premium Package, Tech Pkg - Silver
      2011 Benz ML350 BLUETEC 4Matic - 20s - Avante Garde Package, Running Boards, tow pkg - Palladium Silver

5. 09-02-2007 09:52 AM #5
      How do I reset it? I hate to have to pull this thing out. Are you just shutting the icemaker off from the inside button?

I get extended warranties on everything because nothing lasts like it used too and I find that as soon as the manufacturer's warranty runs out after one year is when everything starts to go.

Whoever comes here to fix it just better have whatever parts he needs with him! I hate when they tell you they have to order something and come back. That's when when I make the service call I try to be explicite as I can with what the problem is so they can come prepared.

09-02-2007 01:08 PM #6
      if you look inside the freezer you will see a power cord running from the ice maker to the wall of the freezer unplug it... wait 30 secs plug it back in and make sure the wire is down.. and you should hear it almost right away working..

I have the top down type fridge.. so my freezer is on the bottom.. you may have to remove the drawer to get in to it... I am only 5'8" 210 lbs so i can still squeeze in

7. 09-03-2007 08:38 AM #7
      Thanks but it may be tough with my freezer. I have the side by side and I can see the wires you are talking about but they are behind the actual ice cube tray and tough for me to get too and my hands are small. I could maybe get one hand in but I would need the other to unplug. I barely can get back there now.

09-03-2007 12:41 PM #8
      i had a side by side... if the bucket comes out - is not possible then to reach in?
      I guess if you have extended warranty then - just wait for the pros..

9. 09-03-2007 06:42 PM #9
      My thoughts exactly. Why touch it and then break something right? I took a 5-year extended warranty until 2010