Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace Rob "Pef" Peffley

1. Member
      Vehicles
      1985 Scirocco 1988 Vanagon gl.
      09-04-2007 02:55 AM #176
      Hi all, This is Ben Staab for those whom I have met. I met Rob in 1994 at Lake Washington Tech where we didn't learn **** about painting cars but succeeded in mastering the art of goofin' off. I first spoke with him as I admired his car. At that time he rolled a rootbeer brown mid 80's Toyota Corolla wagon dropped on Dotz 5's with yellow headlights, and a fuba. I thought who pimps a toyota wagon?! Only one man and I'm tellin' ya' that car was pretty fresh. We became good friends and later roomates as well as coworkers. Working with him at the Cycle barn's restoration center was always a learning experience intertwined with a comedy routine. Beyond his amazing painting skills he was an awesome friend, he challenged me, supported me, and constantly entertained me. I will honor his memory everyday I pick up a spray gun...I am a better man for having known him. My thoughts and prayers to you all. Please say hello at the service, I'll be sportin a scirocco shirt in his memory...He would have made fun of me if I wore a suit and tie!

2. 09-04-2007 11:37 AM #177
      Joe and Jeff. Please check your Instant Messages.
      epitome - Like McCormicks, we're seasoned
      "Car shows are more fun if you keep your doors and hood closed. It's about the people, not a dinky glass trophy." - dabble
      "i should not use mark as an example though, as he is a god amongst mortals on this tiny planet we call home.." - Us2bA4dr

3. 09-04-2007 12:24 PM #178
      I have known Rob for many years, He's a great friend and will be missed greatly, my prayers and thiughts go out to his family and closest friends.

Vehicles
      1993 Passat GLX
      09-04-2007 01:08 PM #179
      [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] This thread is amazing, i feel like i know him, without ever meeting him... the way this has become more of a celebration of his life where fellow friends and family members can share memories is inspiring.
      Gone But Not Forgotten,
      Rob "Pef" Peffley
      I never met you Rob, but I miss you bro.

5. 09-04-2007 04:19 PM #180

6. 09-04-2007 04:21 PM #181
      the pics above are a gift from mike a killerpaint

7. 09-04-2007 07:26 PM #182
      Hi everyone. I'm Rob's Aunt Janice in Chicago. This is an amazing thing happening here - you just do not know the lives you touch. Rob (aka Pef) was always "Robby" to me - the cutest, most comical little boy with big round brown eyes. He was so hard to discipline because he was so funny, you just wanted to laugh. From your posts, it is obvious the funny part stuck. He was a born fiddler, forever twirling, poking and unscrewing something. I never did find the lamp knob he unscrewed and swallowed before he was 2 (and I looked). Our last real conversation was of him telling me about the music he loved. He was so earnest and knowledgeable but I didn't really understand a thing he said. I just enjoyed watching and listening to "Robby" all grown up. My 17 year old son, Chase, likes the same music as Rob. I understand it a little more but not much. He was crushed when I told him what had happened. He remembers a visit where they sat in Rob's red lowrider truck in Cathi's driveway, music blasting, talking music for long time. He was honored that Rob treated him as an equal, not a kid half his age. Rob gave him a "Bullet for my Valentine" CD that he still has. He has gone to their website and ordered a hoodie to have embroidered in honor of Rob, much like your wonderful sticker. (By the way - he just got his first car and would be thrilled to have one if there are enough). If it is possible to burn any copies of the music CD, I would be happy to buy one. Chase would really appreciate it as music was their connection and his passion. I am so looking forward to meeting many of you at the celebration of Rob on Friday. You were a part of his life, so that makes you a part of mine. Until then, thank you so much for sharing - it has meant alot to me being so far away.

8. 09-04-2007 07:40 PM #183
      i get teary eyed every time i read this post....
      rob will greatly be missed
      Hella Waffled Yo

9. 09-04-2007 08:32 PM #184
      Quote, originally posted by Us2bA4dr »
      i get teary eyed every time i read this post....
      rob will greatly be missed

X2

10. 09-04-2007 08:47 PM #185
      Information regarding parking at the University Presbyterian Church (UPC) can be fround at the UPC.ORG website...
      http://www.upc.org/contact.aspx#parking
      We were able to reserve a few parking spaces along 15th Ave. NE in the UPC North Lot for the special tribute vehicles in Rob's honor.
      (Corner of NE 47th and 15th Ave. NE)
      Parking may be at a premimum so please arrange accordingly.
      Also, please leave the UPC Underground parking for the immediate family, thanks for your consideration.
      I hope to meet many of you on Friday, as I know how much Rob's friends mean to him.
      Rob's stepdad, Steve D.

11. 09-04-2007 08:54 PM #186

My condolencses to his family. There have been sooo many accidents like this lately. It makes me want to sell my bike. So many horrible drivers around here...it's beyond comprehension.
      BPC>>Shoot when you're hot, shoot to get hot

Vehicles
      1979 Rabbit, 1987 Jetta Coupe, 2002 Suburban VW hauler
      09-05-2007 01:06 AM #187
      POKE IS DUMB

09-05-2007 02:40 AM #188
      I'm going to try and make it.
      I have military all this week, but I'll try and see if I can adjust my schedule for friday to attend.
      Your internet stance club sucks.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      1985 Scirocco 1988 Vanagon gl.
      09-05-2007 03:28 AM #189

15. 09-05-2007 04:24 AM #190
      These pictures are priceless, keep 'em coming!
      As an update to the investigation of Rob's accident, he definitely was not found at any fault in the accident and the driver who caused the accident was cited by the WSP. The driver at fault did have insurance. This person will have to live with this terrible accident on their conscience for the rest of their life. God will take care of the results of this terrible mistake. It makes us all realize how important our relationships with other people are. (Remember the "Dust in the Wind" song by Kansas?)
      As for giving up riding a motorcycle, I will not stop riding my Honda Blackbird because of this accident, even though my heart breaks every time I think about Rob's untimely death doing something he loved.
      People make fatal mistakes, not vehicles! Always drive a motorcycle or small car defensively. Don't drive when you are really tired or have been drinking alcohol when your senses/reflexes are impared. There is no personal schedule or appointment pressure to drive worth your life or others on the road with you (I have fallen asleep at the wheel several times in my life for stupid reasons.) There is no motor vehicle that does not have some type of risk in driving.
      This incident gives his sister and I more determination to start a driving education program and publicity campaign to instill more respect and responsibility in automobile drivers about motorcyclists (and people driving smaller cars, like VW's.) I predict there will be even more car/motorcycle-like, hybrid-powered vehicles (or alternative driving options like the MB Smart Car) on the road in the next decade. We can no longer live with the excuse that "I just didn't see him/her" while driving at busy intersections at unreasonable speeds, or being distracted by talking to a passenger instead of watching the road!
      I also have a major issue with the stupid wheelies I see some sportbike drivers doing all of the time now on busy urban freeways and city streets (this type of grand-standing belongs at the race track or in isolated areas and off of the street!) Speed Thrills, Bad Driving Kills...
      I'm looking forward to meeting those of you who can make it to Rob's celebration on Friday near the UDub. Thanks for your friendship stories and thoughtful memories of Rob's contribution to your lives.
      Rob's Dad

Modified by Blackbird Flyer at 1:33 AM 9-5-2007

Vehicles
      C5 A6 S-Line and 99 Civic Hatchback
      09-05-2007 04:34 AM #191
      Quote, originally posted by Blackbird Flyer »
      (Remember the "Dust in the Wind" song by Kansas?)

Just listened to that last night actually [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I also have a major issue with the stupid wheelies I see some sportbike drivers doing all of the time now on busy urban freeways and city streets (this type of grand-standing belongs at the race track or in isolated areas and off of the street!) Speed Thrills, Bad Driving Kills...

I agree 100%. No matter what someone is driving, if they are driving like morons, they are all the same.
      "Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep?
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

17. Banned
      09-05-2007 10:20 AM #192
      What is on the playlist for his cd? When I think of Rob and music, it was us listening to Motley Crue and Iron Maiden on the playground in 5th grade...

18. 09-05-2007 11:24 AM #193
      This is what I have so far Van halen, Pantera, Motley Crue, Megadeth, Anthrax, Stone Sour, Korn,Linkin Park, Accept, Temple of the Dog, Prong, Sublime, Rob Base, Operator, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Black Rebel Motorcycle, Seal, Nine Inch Nails so far I have 39 tracks it's hard to weed it down to his absolute favorites because he loved music as much as anything else when Rob had a passion he went ball's out
      Rip Rob Aka Pef

19. Banned
      09-05-2007 11:42 AM #194
      Sounds like a good list... And similar to my own. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

20. 09-05-2007 12:05 PM #195
      Rob was a long-time Metalica fan.
      Rob's Dad

21. 09-05-2007 12:11 PM #196
      It is so comforting to read these posts. I knew Rob years ago and reconnected a while back with him just chatting back and forth online.
      He was an amazing guy that could always make you laugh and cared about people. I really can't believe that he is gone. I realize, no matter how angry and sad I am that this happened, look at how many lives he has touched. He was amazing.
      Last time I talked to him, it was about how much he was enjoying life, the sun(nice to ride in) and just being.
      Rest in Peace Pef, we love you and you will be missed.
      Kathy

22. 09-05-2007 12:43 PM #197
      As for giving up riding a motorcycle, I will not stop riding my Honda Blackbird because of this accident, even though my heart breaks every time I think about Rob's untimely death doing something he loved.

I sympathize with you. Even though I didn't know him I'll likely think of him when I ride as well. I think about everyone I've known who's been injured or worse when I'm riding.
      This incident gives his sister and I more determination to start a driving education program and publicity campaign to instill more respect and responsibility in automobile drivers about motorcyclists

That is the perfect outcome of this. Hopefully your son's tragedy helps prevent the same thing from happening to others in the future. When you get this campaign going, let us know. I know I'd love to help.
      BPC>>Shoot when you're hot, shoot to get hot

23. 09-05-2007 02:10 PM #198
      After reading all the great comments and stories on here for the past several days, I decided to include one of my own. I met Rob through my husband Robert Ryan who grew up with Peffley and has some great stories I hope he will share this Friday. Peffley was in our wedding 11 years ago and has always been the funny, entertaining and caring type of guy that everyone loves. Like everyone else, I just can't seem to get over the shock that this has happened.
      We have lots of great memories of him and will cherish them forever. Our love and prayers go out to his family.
      Christen

24. 09-05-2007 04:00 PM #199
      My wife just called me to let me know that while she was out walking on her lunch break in Seattle, she saw some aircooled VWs with one (that she could see) sporting the sticker in memory of Rob. A surprise that brings a smile and some tears to me. Rob is all around us. We look forward to Friday, to honor Rob.
      Brad

25. 09-05-2007 05:43 PM #200
      For those that don't know im Joe. Rob and i shared a house here in Lynnwood. I just wanted to say that Rob left us doing something he loved. Whenever he was having a bad day he would tell me that he was going for a motorcycle ride. That was his way of clearing his mind of everything. It worked to because everytime he came back from his ride he was always in a better mood and was ready to work on his cars or whatever. Just thought i would share.....

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast