|Quote, originally posted by The408R32 »|
|Note: Stop using Babelfish to translate German. It's barely legible. |
Already, I have pointed out to VW, that I would offer my services already to check their translation of press releases, already. And, I already promised that I would almost never translate "schon" with "already."
I have already formulated a plan on how to do a better job. Here, already now for you to see, for the first time already in the world, I even give you already a glimpse on how I would proceed:
(1) just forget about it - simply use fewer modifiers in English across the board
(2) circumscribe schon with a different story/sentence/grammar structure
(3) translate with for the first time
(4) translate with even, now, today, early on, etc.
(5) translate schon lange with for a long time, etc.
(6) translate schon wieder with again, etc.
I could go on, but I'll end my lesson here... :cool
As to the car, yes, I have been waiting for the AWD Diesel version. So far, it does not look like the Jetta Wagon will get AWD any time soon, and the Diesel Rabbit seems more likely for the MkVI for the US.
And, VW, while you are at it and confirm the Diesel for the US some time mid-year, please also tell us which version we will be getting. You know which answer power-hungry Americans want to here, yes?