Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2008 Lamborghini Reventon

1. 09-12-2007 11:57 PM #1

09-13-2007 12:36 AM #2
      "Yes Yes! This is the one... I saw 3 of these at the local starbucks today which tells me only one thing.... people have too much bloody money!!!...." Seriously this is the type of design and follow thru i would expect from lamborghini. I would have expected them to sell quicker than 4 days though.

These exotics are so common where I work its ridiculous. I see around 4 vanquishes, 3 to 5 ferraris and at least 10 bentley gt's a day. For god sakes i was behind a 360 modena and a diablo last week when they decided to race each other at the light... how often do you see that kind of crap??

Modified by vwmetalgear at 9:41 PM 9-12-2007

Vehicles
      1998 Pelican Blue Audi A4Q Sport
      09-13-2007 09:01 AM #3
      Specs, info? I heard 20 made at $1.4M each, all sold.

What makes this different from a Murcielago? Styling exercise, or actual performance difference?

Neat to see Lamborghini doing some new stuff though!!

Vehicles
      MK6 JSW
      09-13-2007 09:35 AM #4
      I just saw that car on yahoo news. that car is SICK. I want one.
      gone: 07 Rabbit, 07 A4, 08 R32, 10 CC, 81 Rabbit

EVAC

5. 09-13-2007 05:31 PM #5
      “Uncompromising . . . a true automotive superlative.” That’s how Stephan Winkelman, president and CEO of Lamborghini describes his company’s latest product. And it needs to be: With a price of nearly $1.4 million U.S. — plus tax — it’s more than four times the price of the “ordinary” Murcielago that it’s based on.

It will be exclusive, too — just 20 of these exceptional cars will be produced, and all will be sold during 2008.

Everything about this car is more extreme than the Murcielago and every carbon fiber panel is new. Sharper edges; large, angled, forward-facing air intakes; deeply faired-in rear light clusters; a hood with open ventilation slots; asymmetrical body side air vents...seen side by side with the super-aggressive Reventón, the Murcielago looks almost tame.

Reventón will be offered in only one, exclusive color: an opaque green-grey, also called Reventón. It’s a metallic paint with an unusual matte finish in contrast to the high shine finish common to most vehicles. The matching wheels have carbon rims screwed to aluminum spokes.

The Murcielago’s 6.5-liter 12-cylinder engine has been upgraded to 650 horsepower and 487 lb-ft of torque for the Reventón, with an 8000 rpm redline. A specially contoured near flat floor provides superior aerodynamics, giving the car a 0-100 kph (0-62 mph) performance of 3.4 seconds. A robotized gearbox transmits the power to all four wheels.

Inside, the fighter-jet theme is carried through. The Alcantara, carbon, aluminum and leather interior has a no-nonsense air of functional luxury, but the pièce de résistance is the LCD instrument panel, which presents drivers with two modes (selectable at the flick of a switch), either striking high-tech, multifunctional aircraft-style instruments, or more traditional (simulated) analogue dials. Both options display a “3-D” g-meter, which measures both longitudinal (accelerative) and lateral (cornering) g forces.

The one thing that’s not fighter jet-inspired is the name. No, Lamborghini found an even more bloodthirsty source for their new car’s badge: Reventón was the name of a bull that famously defeated and killed top bullfighter Felix Guzman in 1943.

It’s an impressive package, and a characteristically flamboyant way to fulfill Lamborghini’s pledge to bring a new car to market every year.

http://autoshow.autos.msn.com/...21379

The interior is SICK

6. 09-14-2007 01:44 PM #6
      I dont like it. There is NOTHING NEW HERE. It is the same car that Lambo has been putting out for 10 years with flares. The only way I'll forgive Lambo is if the bring out the Miura or MAKE SOMETHING NEW!!

Vehicles
      09-14-2007 05:23 PM #7
      I hope they don't lose any sleep over your unforgiveness, lol!

I see it this way; they're only making 20 of them, they're massively expensive, yet they're all spoken for. I could see complaining if they were languishing in a warehouse for 15 years like the XJ220s did, but since they sold every one they plan to make, what's to forgive?

Sure, it's essentially a styling exercise, but at least they made a batch for the public (something I've never seen in a styling exercise before) and the public rewarded them for it by buying them all.

Now, let's hope an all-new car is following soon. Nuevo Miura, anyone?

Vehicles
      '86 GTI 8v
      09-15-2007 03:24 AM #8
      The nose of the car is rather ugly, actually.
      If one needs to play in the world of über-exotic oneupsmanship, fine.
      Otherwise, for the money, it's a poor value.
      Inseparable since 1986!

Vehicles
      09-17-2007 05:04 PM #9
      Quote, originally posted by Rassig »
      The nose of the car is rather ugly, actually.
      If one needs to play in the world of über-exotic oneupsmanship, fine.
      Otherwise, for the money, it's a poor value.

So it's a bad "value" because the styling is not to your liking? Wow...Investing is hard.

I think "value" would be better defined by the value it holds long-term.

Vehicles
      1990 VW Cabriolet - 2003 VW GTI 20th AE
      09-19-2007 11:30 AM #10
      that car is simply amazing

Vehicles
      '93 Corrado, 2006 Audi A3
      09-19-2007 03:41 PM #11
      Stealth fighter!

12. 01-12-2008 01:44 AM #12
      I agree that there are some things in the design that could be tweaked, but the Reventon is my favorite supercar out at the moment- even ahead of the Veyron.