Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: mk5 Jetta/Golf 4motion conversion findings

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta 2.5
      03-27-2014 06:51 PM #386
      OK so I'm all caught up on this whole thing. The only thing I think I may have missed is what tranny Is being used? Will a 6 speed manual work? And if it works for your TDI it should work the same for my 2.5 correct?

2. 03-30-2014 03:09 AM #387
      Hi!

You should check if there is a 6 gear AWD gearbox that fits on the 2,5 engine. The AWD gearbox is also connected to the engine with a bracket where the right drive shaft is connected to the gearbox. See the black bracket on the picture below:

There are many brackets for different engines available, it has to be checked if on the 2,5 you have the mounting holes and if one of the existing brackets fits. Without this bracket you might have issues later.

I am doing a Jetta AWD conversion right now in Germany, you can take a look here:
      http://www.team-dezent.at/9869-jetta.../thread17.html

It is in german, but the pictures help a lot.

Regards,
      Ed

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta 2.5
      03-30-2014 07:59 AM #388
      You thread does help even though it's in german. At least I can go through the pics and get an idea of where to look for possible issues. I do have one question. I believe in this thread it was said that the shallower spare tire area of the jetta is what is needed, not the deeper spare tire of the golf. In your pictures it looks like the deeper one is what is needed. Any clarification on this?

4. 03-30-2014 08:42 AM #389
      There is no shallow and deep version for the Jetta. As the Jetta has the same floor pan as the Golf Variant (I Think is called Jetta Sportwagon in the US), I have compared the trunk floor between Jetta and Sportwagon FWD and the partnumber was the same. Than I purchased the trunk floor pan from the Sportwagon 4Motion, and found that only a small portion is different there. You can see in my pictures, my finger showes that region on the new trunk floor pan. This difference is only due to the exhaust pipe. The rear axle with Haldex fits without changing anything on the Jetta floor pan.
      Regards, Ed

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta 2.5
      03-30-2014 11:22 AM #390
      OK good that's what I thought. As far as electronics go, is there anything that has to be changed with the electronics I have already or is the 4motion pretty much it's own stand alone system? I have ESP on my vehicle. I'm not sure if that runs through my ECU at all. Would the 4motion hook up to that without issues?

6. 03-30-2014 12:29 PM #391
      With a 2008 version you might be lucky with the ESP; in my case (2007) I needed a new one. Check if you have an ESP MK60 as I had or MK60 EC1.

New parts:
      - replaced ESP unit (complete unit)
      - replaced acceleration sensor unit for the ESP
      - replaced the rear axle sensor for the Xenon (only with Xenon)
      - new second fuel level sensor
      - replaced 2x rear wheel speed sensors

Wiring:
      - changed ESP wiring (same connector but different pin assignment + 1 new pin)
      - new wiring for second fuel sensor
      - new wiring for Haldex

Coding:
      - chenged the engine
      - set up the AWD in the gateway
      - changed headlight aim control (only with Xenon)

Regards, Ed

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta 2.5
      03-30-2014 01:21 PM #392
      Where would I be able to find what ESP I have?

8. 03-30-2014 03:04 PM #393
      You can do a scan with VCDS, under 03 / Component you will find the type of the ESP.
      Regards, Ed

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta 2.5
      03-30-2014 06:45 PM #394
      Ah I see. Awesome thanks for the info! I'm in the beginning stages of this whole thing and because of money it's gonna be a few years till its completed, but right now what I really need is knowledge and information.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112