Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Results 421 to 438 of 438

    Thread: mk5 Jetta/Golf 4motion conversion findings

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2004
      Posts
      4,912
      Vehicles
      '10 CC
      01-24-2015 08:44 PM #421
      Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
      Has anyone bolted a transfer case onto a FWD transmission successfully?

      I want to do this with my DSG transmission. It would be nice if I could use my stock transmission and swap the differential to an AWD version.
      I have some ideas that I will know the answer to in a couple weeks as I do my swap but it def isnt just bolt on as the bellhousing has a protruding flange for the cv flange seal on that side. Also as you said you would need the awd diff.
      ***from my vortex observations I have come to the conclusion that post count has no direct effect on automotive knowledge, or even common sense for that matter***

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 5th, 2008
      Location
      Port Orange, FL
      Posts
      155
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GLI 2014 VW Jetta
      01-25-2015 05:20 PM #422
      Quote Originally Posted by jettaglx91 View Post
      I have some ideas that I will know the answer to in a couple weeks as I do my swap but it def isnt just bolt on as the bellhousing has a protruding flange for the cv flange seal on that side. Also as you said you would need the awd diff.
      Great, let me know what you find, it would be great if I could use my stock dsg.

    3. Senior Member 87vr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2002
      Location
      West coast, of Okinawa (^^)
      Posts
      26,203
      Vehicles
      THE IY AWD BT 20TH and 2004 Lupo GTI
      02-24-2015 06:17 AM #423
      Quote Originally Posted by wvwzzz1kz7 View Post
      I do not understand what you mean with stand alone, the Haldex is completely integrated in the electronics of the car.

      Regards, Ed
      What wires go where? I know on the MK4 platform, adding (the wiring) haldex is easy enough, just two or three wires into the ABS unit...
      AWD BT 20th Anni build, check it out...
      flickr
      Contact me for JDM wheels and Newer model VW parts
      IG: @87vr6

    4. 02-26-2015 05:03 PM #424
      The wiring is not the issue, that is simple and is already described in this thread. The integration is done over the system arhitecture, the communication with the engine, ESP and other controllers runs over CAN. The Haldex is deeply integrated into the vehicle electronics.

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2004
      Posts
      4,912
      Vehicles
      '10 CC
      02-26-2015 08:47 PM #425
      Quote Originally Posted by wvwzzz1kz7 View Post
      The wiring is not the issue, that is simple and is already described in this thread. The integration is done over the system arhitecture, the communication with the engine, ESP and other controllers runs over CAN. The Haldex is deeply integrated into the vehicle electronics.
      I personally haven't done it yet but I believe the haldex part is easy on the mk5/6 but on the mk6 I think you need a certain abs module and gotta run wires to the cluster for fuel gauge stuff
      ***from my vortex observations I have come to the conclusion that post count has no direct effect on automotive knowledge, or even common sense for that matter***

    6. Senior Member 87vr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2002
      Location
      West coast, of Okinawa (^^)
      Posts
      26,203
      Vehicles
      THE IY AWD BT 20TH and 2004 Lupo GTI
      03-01-2015 03:03 AM #426
      Quote Originally Posted by wvwzzz1kz7 View Post
      The wiring is not the issue, that is simple and is already described in this thread. The integration is done over the system arhitecture, the communication with the engine, ESP and other controllers runs over CAN. The Haldex is deeply integrated into the vehicle electronics.
      I must have missed that part. I'll review it later
      AWD BT 20th Anni build, check it out...
      flickr
      Contact me for JDM wheels and Newer model VW parts
      IG: @87vr6

    7. 04-03-2015 03:09 PM #427
      sooo... will the r32 transfer case bolt into the 02q gti 6 sp manual trans ??
      92 mk2 jetta VR6
      06 GTI

    8. 04-03-2015 04:38 PM #428
      Quote Originally Posted by euro-sudaka View Post
      sooo... will the r32 transfer case bolt into the 02q gti 6 sp manual trans ??
      i read on someones thread that changing the fwd differential to an AWD peloquin will allow me to bolt the r32 transfer case to the stock GTI 02q ?? which peloquin diff though?? part number ??

      thanks
      92 mk2 jetta VR6
      06 GTI

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 5th, 2008
      Location
      Port Orange, FL
      Posts
      155
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GLI 2014 VW Jetta
      04-03-2015 08:56 PM #429
      Quote Originally Posted by euro-sudaka View Post
      i read on someones thread that changing the fwd differential to an AWD peloquin will allow me to bolt the r32 transfer case to the stock GTI 02q ?? which peloquin diff though?? part number ??

      thanks
      I don't know if this has ever been confirmed.

    10. Banner Advertiser Charles@NGPRacing's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2014
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      431
      Vehicles
      2009 VW CC 2.0T TSI
      04-07-2015 09:36 AM #430
      Quote Originally Posted by euro-sudaka View Post
      i read on someones thread that changing the fwd differential to an AWD peloquin will allow me to bolt the r32 transfer case to the stock GTI 02q ?? which peloquin diff though?? part number ??

      thanks
      Yes, this is possible. I will be doing this as soon as my Golf R clutch housing case comes in.
      The 02Q transmissions are all the same on the other side (gear ratios are slightly different on some models) of the clutch housing including the case.
      I'm using this Peloquins 4motion/Quattro diff to do the conversion.
      I have a transfer case off of an 2012 Audi TT Quattro, but as far as I've researched, the transfer cases are largely the same between most of the Gen 4 Haldex transmissions.

    11. Banner Advertiser Charles@NGPRacing's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2014
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      431
      Vehicles
      2009 VW CC 2.0T TSI
      04-22-2015 08:04 AM #431
      Quote Originally Posted by Charles@NGPRacing View Post
      Yes, this is possible. I will be doing this as soon as my Golf R clutch housing case comes in.
      The 02Q transmissions are all the same on the other side (gear ratios are slightly different on some models) of the clutch housing including the case.
      I'm using this Peloquins 4motion/Quattro diff to do the conversion.
      I have a transfer case off of an 2012 Audi TT Quattro, but as far as I've researched, the transfer cases are largely the same between most of the Gen 4 Haldex transmissions.
      So after spending some time with another 02Q transmission we had at the shop, it appears you do not need the AWD case to install the transfer case.
      You'll still need an AWD differential and the mounting bracket but not much else.





      If you're interested in seeing more 4motion conversion stuff, feel free to check out my build thread.
      I'll be posting up more pics of the transmission when we start that part of the build.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 5th, 2008
      Location
      Port Orange, FL
      Posts
      155
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GLI 2014 VW Jetta
      04-22-2015 09:03 AM #432
      Quote Originally Posted by Charles@NGPRacing View Post
      So after spending some time with another 02Q transmission we had at the shop, it appears you do not need the AWD case to install the transfer case.
      You'll still need an AWD differential and the mounting bracket but not much else.





      If you're interested in seeing more 4motion conversion stuff, feel free to check out my build thread.
      I'll be posting up more pics of the transmission when we start that part of the build.
      This is great information! Thanks.

    13. Member KyleCrish's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 22nd, 2006
      Location
      NBPT, MA
      Posts
      6,638
      Vehicles
      09 jetta
      04-22-2015 09:55 AM #433
      Thanks for keeping us updated! its cool that we are still finding out new stuff about this platform
      '09 Jetta S: UM 2.5L n/a tune w/ UM SRI

    14. Banner Advertiser Charles@NGPRacing's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2014
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      431
      Vehicles
      2009 VW CC 2.0T TSI
      04-22-2015 11:42 AM #434
      Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
      This is great information! Thanks.
      Quote Originally Posted by KyleCrish View Post
      Thanks for keeping us updated! its cool that we are still finding out new stuff about this platform
      Not a problem, more than happy help you guys modify your VWs/Audis any way I can!

    15. 04-22-2015 09:38 PM #435
      Good stuff.... It might be a lot cheaper than I thought it would be ... Which mounting bracket are you using.. Any pics of that ?

      Me too I would like to swap this soon





      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      92 mk2 jetta VR6
      06 GTI

    16. Banner Advertiser Charles@NGPRacing's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2014
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      431
      Vehicles
      2009 VW CC 2.0T TSI
      04-23-2015 03:08 PM #436
      Quote Originally Posted by euro-sudaka View Post
      Good stuff.... It might be a lot cheaper than I thought it would be ... Which mounting bracket are you using.. Any pics of that ?

      Me too I would like to swap this soon
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The mounting bracket in question is 02M409905AH.

      Here's the illustration of it in ETKA. It's part #1

    17. 04-26-2015 03:03 AM #437
      All this was already discussed in this thread. Malo has bolted the AWD differential on a FWD gearbox a long time ago. What is not mentioned here is, that VW has changed the ratio for almost all gears in the 4Motion gearboxes, so what you are building with bolting the AWD differential on a FWD tranny is not OEM. But it works.
      The bracket what you are mentioning was also discussed, I presented it myself some time ago when I made the conversion. There it has to be checked if the engine has the mounting holes for it. Engines that VW has not used in 4Motion models might not have it.
      Regards, Ed

    18. Banner Advertiser Charles@NGPRacing's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2014
      Location
      MD
      Posts
      431
      Vehicles
      2009 VW CC 2.0T TSI
      05-01-2015 04:30 PM #438
      Quote Originally Posted by wvwzzz1kz7 View Post
      All this was already discussed in this thread. Malo has bolted the AWD differential on a FWD gearbox a long time ago. What is not mentioned here is, that VW has changed the ratio for almost all gears in the 4Motion gearboxes, so what you are building with bolting the AWD differential on a FWD tranny is not OEM. But it works.
      The bracket what you are mentioning was also discussed, I presented it myself some time ago when I made the conversion. There it has to be checked if the engine has the mounting holes for it. Engines that VW has not used in 4Motion models might not have it.
      Regards, Ed
      I don't mean to be rude, but I looked back through the thread again, and the transmission that he shows is a 4motion transmission.
      He even says it in his post on page 2:
      Quote Originally Posted by maloosheck View Post
      Well, it's time to move from theory to practice. I was in Europe in May and I found few parts from mk5 Golf 1.9 TDI 4Motion. After 3 months I have finally picked them up today. Here we go:
      1. 6-speed MT for TDI 4Motion (FWZ) - it might require some changes to the gear ratio in the future, but at this point the most important was it should bolt in to my engine without any problems.
      Once again, not trying to be rude, I've just never found any posts confirming that the FWD transmission will work with the transfer case and figured others would like to know this wonderful information.

    Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •