VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

APR Tune

Tags
apr fall sale
94K views 320 replies 117 participants last post by  2008_FaSt 
#1 · (Edited)

Sale has ended! This sale excludes all Porsche, R8, 4.0 TFSI, 3.0 TFSI, 2.0 TFSI VL A4/A5/A6/Q5 and new 1.8T/2.0T EA888 Gen 3 engines.

$599 and $499 Single Program Turbo Cars = Buy one program, get fully loaded! This means the customer gets the below:

Choice of 4 of the Following Programs:
- Stock Mode :: Exact Original Mapping and Performance
- 91 Octane Performance
- 93 Octane Performance
- 100 Octane Performance
- Valet Mode :: Limits RPMs and Power Output

Also Included:
- Fault Code Erase :: Erases Fault Codes in the ECU
- Security Lockout :: Locks Advanced Functionality of Cruise Control, Password Protected
- Anti-Theft :: Disables Throttle to Render Vehicle Inoperable, Password Protected
OR
Get $50 off if just a single program.
Naturally aspirated cars will be FULLY LOADED and $100 OFF!

The ECU upgrades are available for most 1999-2015/
This process does not require any ECU removal or soldering. These are plugged into the OBD2 port in your Audi or VW.
MK5 2.0T Golf Jetta 2.0T CC Passat 06-09
MK4 1.8T Golf Jetta Beetle B5 Passat. 04 R32 24V MK4 Golf Jetta.
Audi S4 2.7T and Audi S4 4.2L Audi A3 A4 A6 TT MK1 TT MK2
2.5 VW Rabbit, Beetle and Jetta Model Years 2007-2009.

**SOME 2013+ Audi VW models require ECU removal and a labor charge of $165 to $300 (Depending on model and year, this will also include reflashing of future updates) PLEASE CONTACT US FOR SPECIFIC VEHICLES **

Pricing, Dyno Graphs and options can be found here http://goapr.com/

Installation time is about 45 minutes for most port flashed vehicles. Call to set up an appointment.
714-997-5842 M-F 10:30-6:30 PST Saturday by appointment only.

OEM parts are available as well. Many items in stock along with same day availability on others.

The current site only has a fraction of the parts listed that we carry.Please contact us if the items you seek are not on the site. Competitive pricing, Fast shipping, If you see a lower price let us know, chances are we can work with you.

Email is better than IM
sales(AT)fourseasontuning.com*

Thanks for looking.
James

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Free APR Flash Trials. No Installation fees. Socal residen ... (LiquidCrystalDisplay)

this is all the way in orange county, huh?
how long is the free trial mode?
will I be able to switch the program on and off?
what happens after the free trial mode?
will this program still be in my car? or no?
will I go back to stock or no?
say the free trial is over, will i still be able to get another chip program (another brand) and not get into problems? or no?

Modified by daboyatschool at 12:06 PM 10-30-2007

#5 ·
Re: Free APR Flash Trials. No Installation fees. Socal residen ... (FourSeasonTuning.com)

you mean to tell me that after you guys install it, this program will be on my car for 6 hours....
then the program self destructs or something...leaving no traces on my car ever being chipped

that it?

#7 ·
Re: Free APR Flash Trials. No Installation fees. Socal residen ... (daboyatschool)

I will ask APR about the self destruction for you. It does save your name and ECU# when plugged into the APR DPP module. This info can not be accessed via VAG-COM.
The ECU's file can be overwritten by the dealer if the stock mode and security features were not purchased or used. I have reprogrammed A few customers ECU's who had this happen when taking their car's in for service. This service was provided for free since the original full version file was purchased (as for the labor fee a sixer of
corona did the trick).
Having flashed a few cars that were done as trials months before, The owners have reported no issues. Even if the dealer open's up your ECU the DPP files are not soldered in and therefor would not be noticed.
More info here from APR.
http://goapr.com/VW/support/chip_tuning_faqs.html

#12 ·
Re: Free APR Flash Trials. No Installation fees. Socal residen ... (FourSeasonTuning.com)

I would so love to get the trial, but I'd feel like a total mooch, because I don't plan on doing any mods until I get my year end bonus.
Of course, I guess I can't decide what software I want/lke the most until I try it.
Gah. Perhaps I will have to call and check this deal out.

#15 ·
Re: (projectjetta01)

Next time something breaks on the mk3 i'll have to get you to throw the trial on the 5
Well probably not, but who knows, if your throwing the APR on someone i'll stick around for it.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for James, definitly worth the drive from wherever your coming from
I also have some euro stuff that i need someone to bring over

#18 ·
Re: Free APR Flash Trials. No Installation fees. Socal residen ... (TarmacSpecial)

Quote, originally posted by TarmacSpecial »
I would so love to get the trial, but I'd feel like a total mooch, because I don't plan on doing any mods until I get my year end bonus.
Of course, I guess I can't decide what software I want/lke the most until I try it.
Gah. Perhaps I will have to call and check this deal out.

just in case...beware on the mkv...as you could potentially blow the dv valve even with the trial. also...a Q for the OP..when you say stock, do you mean vw stock, or an "interpretation" of stock parameters by APR? in otherwords, if i wanted to make sure my ecu was set to 100% exactly the same as stock, would i have to have vw themselves reflash the ecu?

#23 ·
Re: Free APR Flash Trials. No Installation fees. Socal residen ... (scousa)

how much does it cost for a Vagcom scan? I had a CEL come on yesterday. Might be coilpacks, IDK. I'd do the free trial at the same time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.