Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone close to UVA / Charlottesville Area?

1. 01-04-2008 06:19 PM #141
      yea man g2g's are hard to come by in cold weather...especially when its like 18degrees like this morning lol

Vehicles
      Black Magic PAIN, E46 //M3
      01-04-2008 07:29 PM #142
      yeah, i hate winters im from the tropics and man it's 87 over there right now . hey guys, i saw a white mk 3 jetta, with black wheels. it's nice except for the wing/spoiler but hey....it's his car
      BMP IS PMP

Vehicles
      01-04-2008 07:33 PM #143
      Quote, originally posted by Buzzsaw »
      Does that recirc kit make the RS operate like a DV?

yup, basically....it's been debated, talked about and everything. never had a problem and no cel...knock on wood bought the kit from EIP and paid extra for the plug if u want it to vent.

BMP IS PMP

4. 01-05-2008 03:47 PM #144
      a GTG would be great, me and my boy are the only two dubbers in lil ole louisa, were round c-ville a lot, he got a primered black mk3 getta im runnin a red mk3 jetta, holla if ya see us we dont bite lol

Vehicles
      01-05-2008 04:02 PM #145
      BMP IS PMP

6. 01-05-2008 04:24 PM #146
      nice...steadily more and more are comming

IF you build it, they will come! lol

Vehicles
      01' 3.2L 24V 4dr Golf GLS
      01-05-2008 09:33 PM #147
      Quote, originally posted by 16vscirocco »
      wow an older scirocco nice you know i have always wondered about that place everytime i use to go that junkyard by there. Maybe ill stop by there. I think spring would be a great time to get things going on a gtg , hard to check out peoples rides when its cold as heck lol. I know a few years ago alot of the people around here would meet at starbucks on pantops. Kervin and ginster and a few others. I dont know how many of them are still around on here. I know kervin is in a mercedes now. im sure he misses his old scirocco i bought from him heck i miss it

I remember that. I always tried to make it. I see you are one of the original crew. One of the guys at the flow parts dept told me about it. I stopped by a few times for when he told me where you guys met but never saw anyone.

Hopefuly that will change now!! woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikedav
      Gee Whiz electric car. Hateful pile of turd which should be banished from humanity for eternity.)

8. 01-06-2008 07:57 AM #148
      yeah looks like 08 will be a good year to revive the weekly meets. i will be getting my friend blake to come to it (he has the white 83 gti ) gotta have some older dubs to go along with all the new stuff lol. Most of the orignal guys have moved on jason butler has gotten out of the vw scene kervin has a mercedes now and as for the others ive lost touch with them. But im looking forward to meeting up with all the new guys on here now .

Vehicles
      01-06-2008 07:54 PM #149
      yeah looks like 08 will be a good year to revive the weekly meets. i will be getting my friend blake to come to it (he has the white 83 gti ) gotta have some older dubs to go along with all the new stuff lol. Most of the orignal guys have moved on jason butler has gotten out of the vw scene kervin has a mercedes now and as for the others ive lost touch with them. But im looking forward to meeting up with all the new guys on here now .

cool! my fiancee has a 08 benz c-class its ok to drive but i love my jetta Also...guys....have anybody saw that audi at browns toyota?? that ish is bad ass!!!!
      BMP IS PMP

Vehicles
      2000 Golf 2.0
      01-07-2008 12:09 AM #150
      forealz. hey, i never really get a chance to go on here, so if there's anything ever going on around here, email me- mistakevins@yahoo.com. i dunno why, but i can never keep up with forums. but i've seen you a few times around i'm sure, in the lake area and on 53 and 20. all blacked out gli on rc's, right?

11. 01-07-2008 01:44 AM #151
      Roro and I have pretty close to the same cars. I think he has dark side markers. I have 337 RCs on mine.

12. 01-07-2008 08:09 AM #152
      cool seems like theres a good amount of people ready for a gtg this spring. i think pantops by the star bucks might still be a good spot to meet at, cops were always pretty cool up there and plenty of parking. Added bonus is 64 not far either and few other roads near there too.

Vehicles
      01-07-2008 11:36 AM #153
      I remember meeting someone who had a ginster yellow GTI w/the Shine racing rear bar. that car is awsome!

Gee Whiz electric car. Hateful pile of turd which should be banished from humanity for eternity.)

14. 01-07-2008 03:49 PM #154
      was it a a3 gti with audi wheels by chance if it is i see him every so often

15. 01-07-2008 06:17 PM #155
      hey henni i have kervin coming out for the gtg so far , i left a message on yahoo groups ( c'ville dubs) letting all the older group know about the planned gtg coming this spring.

Vehicles
      01-07-2008 07:18 PM #156
      BMP IS PMP

17. 01-07-2008 09:34 PM #157
      a gtg would be great, i rarely see vw fans anymore =/ kinda bums me out, so let em kno when yall got one, pantops would be nice, i need see what all c-villes got lol

Vehicles
      01-07-2008 10:12 PM #158
      hey henni i have kervin coming out for the gtg so far , i left a message on yahoo groups ( c'ville dubs) letting all the older group know about the planned gtg coming this spring.

Awsome!! I am stoked to not be the eldest!! this is great.

It is awsome to get the older crew back. I think I might have to join up on the yahoo groups.

19. 01-07-2008 10:20 PM #159
      damn lots of convo goin on in the past 2 days...

hey kev how you doing i saw your car at work today and i know youve been sick and have been dorment lol just wondering how your doing? i would call or sumthing but my fone is being gay, dying after a fone call or 2 and not working...frustrating

Vehicles
      01-07-2008 10:48 PM #160
      Quote, originally posted by kevroeques »
      forealz. hey, i never really get a chance to go on here, so if there's anything ever going on around here, email me- mistakevins@yahoo.com. i dunno why, but i can never keep up with forums. but i've seen you a few times around i'm sure, in the lake area and on 53 and 20. all blacked out gli on rc's, right?

hmmmm... i tried to look out for u 2! do u still have new york tags?
      BMP IS PMP

Vehicles
      01-08-2008 04:40 AM #161
      Quote, originally posted by GTI1365 »
      Hey kev (Henni) how you doing i saw your car at work today and i know youve been sick and have been dorment lol just wondering how your doing? i would call or sumthing but my fone is being gay, dying after a fone call or 2 and not working...frustrating

No worries. I am starting to feel pretty good again. Here is a post I put on the Lynchburg thread.

Quote, originally posted by Henni »
      Well I am almost over this bird flu virus. I still have a temp of 100.4. but I am better. No blood results yet... Oh well. I am sure I will be better by the time I get them. I don't think I have ever been this sick before. On a fun note. I was at the BP the other day w/ a very high 102 degree temp. I was getting some gatorade and soup due to that facility being close to my apt on the way home from the doctors. I go inside and the ladies at the front were giving me shiit about my car still sitting at the pumps. I told them I had already paid at the pump and was getting something to drink. Well the biitches proceeded to bitch me out for leaving my car at the pump. I told them that there wasn't anyone waiting and that there were many other pumps for the non-existant rush to get their expensive gas. One of the ladies got some serious attitude w/ me as I was at the drink case. Now mind you I have had trouble keeping anything down for most of the week. I had the urge to exorcise some demons. I did. All over the inside of the drink case. I then took one of the fouled up gatorade bottles up the the counter, dropped it off and said, "this what happens when you are shiity to the wrong person.... Have fun cleaning it up biitch...." And as I walked out more demons came out. oh well. I guess I am a really bad person. I am just happy I don't frequent that BP. I would feel bad if it was in a main section of town. but it isn't. It is in the ghetto. Fuuck em'.

Good Times.

Back to bed.

22. 01-08-2008 08:31 AM #162
      hey henni if it makes you feel better im 35 lol so im pretty old too lol

23. 01-08-2008 10:26 AM #163
      Too bad the weather isn't going to stay like this for much longer. A GTG was be great with the weather we have been having. I should not be at work wearing shorts in January I just wish I was driving my car today.

24. 01-08-2008 10:29 AM #164
      yeah this weather is crazy i like it but its just not natural im sure it will get back to the normal weather here soon

25. 01-08-2008 06:16 PM #165
      wow kev thats i nice story, i like it...nice to hear your getting better.

on the age note im 16 lol if only i could find me a nice cheap dub (sigh)

Vehicles
      2000 Golf 2.0
      01-08-2008 08:52 PM #166
      naw dude- you're supposed to get VA tags after like a month- i waited like 7, ha ha. dodgin those pricey speeding ticket rates!! but i had to channge my tags over before christmas- i couldn't go to ny with an expired reg, could i? best way to recognize me is by my wheels (tt six spokers) or my front euro plate (DUBPLATE, and yes, i still rock a euro plate). besides, the car is still pretty run of the mill, and kinda filthy . ahhh, winter... but anyways, i keep scarce during the week, work and back sorta thing. but i'll keep a lookout as well- if you hear a fruity fake model-t honk, gimme some love!

27. 01-09-2008 06:59 PM #167
      Quote, originally posted by Henni »
      I remember meeting someone who had a ginster yellow GTI w/the Shine racing rear bar. that car is awsome!

That was Griff, that guy can drive!

Vehicles
      01-10-2008 12:54 AM #168
      Yep, that's him! Pretty cool dude.

29. 01-10-2008 03:06 PM #169
      so i was thinking march or april, how does monday nights around 7:30 sound to everyone

30. 01-10-2008 05:54 PM #170
      yay maby ill have a dub by then or at least sumthing

Vehicles
      01-10-2008 08:37 PM #171
      Quote, originally posted by GTI1365 »
      yay maby ill have a dub by then or at least sumthing

Keep looking Casey! Keep looking.

I think that was like the old time you guys met before. w/ my current job I am the main closer over at Merchants. I will meet up after work. I hate closing... I really do.

Today was filled w/ fun stuff in Richmond. Got my brain crammed w/ a bunch of Ever-Wear product knowledge. I now know the main rep for our area. He asked in the meeting who owned the VW GLS w/ the large azzz fmic. I said I did. He said he wanted a look at it. so after the meeting he got to take a look at mah cah. I popped the hood of my car and he was like . we talked about some waxes and induction cleans and other bs. I will be emailing him for some hellacious car wax to try out. Ever-Wear products seem to be pretty good. some are actualy better than the BG stuff.

I am stoked about the meets I just hope I can make them.

Maby we should try a Putt Putt Tournament of our own when it gets warmer.

Vehicles
      01-10-2008 10:33 PM #172
      so i was thinking march or april, how does monday nights around 7:30 sound to everyone

BMP IS PMP

33. 01-10-2008 11:41 PM #173
      yea kev...i found 2 right now...one in baltimore for 2k obo but needs a little work, then theres a vr6 for sale in manassas that the guy wants to sell me but hes asking more than i want to pay for it so he keeps comming back to me to try and sell it to me so...who knows but i found a truck for 750 and i might just buy that for now. get a job, turn some money and buy a cheap fixer upper and sell it then do turnovers like that for a lil then soon ill have enough for a sick dub and money wont be an object...not to mention by that time i would prolly have a MK4 or sumthing sick to drive so who knows what will happen lol....

i will kill yall at some put put!

34. 01-11-2008 06:28 PM #174
      I have talked to my friend blake ( he owns 84 gti) he will showing up this spring too. Looks like we will be having a good number of people. Som im stoked about things moving along.

Vehicles
      01-11-2008 10:45 PM #175
      It feels good to have things starting back up.

I know there are other car clubs in the area. It will be awsome to have the Dubs rolling strong again.

Since we are close to Skyline drive.... I am sure we will be cruising there come spring!!

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast