Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2002 Jetta MONSOON radio code input procedure??!!

1. 10-29-2007 06:48 PM #1
      I have the radio security code for my 2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS double-din MONSOON radio, but when i input it, the radio doesnt begin to work. is there a button or combination of buttons i have to press after inputting the code?? I searched and found nothing...

thanks in advance guys

Vehicles
      2000/VW/MK4 Jetta
      10-29-2007 06:51 PM #2
      Quote, originally posted by GoHokies »
      I have the radio security code for my 2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS double-din MONSOON radio, but when i input it, the radio doesnt begin to work. is there a button or combination of buttons i have to press after inputting the code?? I searched and found nothing...

thanks in advance guys

You didn't search hard enough.

You have to press and hold scan/seek for 2 sec.

It should be in your manual.

3. 10-29-2007 06:57 PM #3
      The search button is broken. But try it again

"I admit that I'm often...vexed by the behavior of my own people..." - Huey Freeman (The Boondocks)
      GTS Performance

4. 10-30-2007 05:46 PM #4
      okay thanks for the HELPFUL post. Im still seeming to have problems though. when the code is put in, it goes into SAFE 1 then SAFE 2 then locks out for like an hour or so. could I have the wrong code? Can someone supply me with the code they find to compare it to the one i have? What else could possibly be wrong. the radio worked beautifully when i took it out.

serial VWZ9Z7B 0012253
      VIN 3VWSE69M72M145908

5. 10-30-2007 05:48 PM #5
      you have the wrong code
      call the dealership
      they might be gay bitches about it though

Vehicles
      2000/VW/MK4 Jetta
      10-30-2007 05:53 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by Young Carter »
      you have the wrong code
      call the dealership
      they might be gay bitches about it though

x2

7. 10-30-2007 05:54 PM #7
      i have a buddy at the dealership and he swears this to be the code...could i be trying to save it the wrong way? exactly which button is held after the code is put in? thanks again guys...

8. 10-30-2007 05:57 PM #8
      he JUST (20 secs ago) confirmed that to be the code listed again...is there anyone else who can check and see if they come up with anything different?

9. Banned
      10-30-2007 06:08 PM #9
      bumping after 3 minutes

have you READ the OM???

10. 10-30-2007 06:17 PM #10
      used car....havent got one. im trying really hard to get into this VW scene and i thought you guys would be the go-to guys to band and help me out a bit. im a long-time minitrucker and they have a brotherhood like no other....seems like im just getting bashed for not realizing i didnt click "archived content" in the search options...and that wasnt a BUMP, that was an UPDATE. thanks. anyone that can help me and can post doing so will be greatly appreciated. i would love some help from you helpful fellow VDubbers out there, rather than a session of "flame the noob" from those with nothing better to do... thanks guys.

11. Banned
      10-30-2007 06:20 PM #11
      used car....havent got one. im trying really hard to get into this VW scene and i thought you guys would be the go-to guys to band and help me out a bit. im a long-time minitrucker and they have a brotherhood like no other....seems like im just getting bashed for not realizing i didnt click "archived content" in the search options...and that wasnt a BUMP, that was an UPDATE. thanks. anyone that can help me and can post doing so will be greatly appreciated. i would love some help from you helpful fellow VDubbers out there, rather than a session of "flame the noob" from those with nothing better to do... thanks guys.

IMPRESSIVE 6th post....OK....that deserves some help.

based upon what I am hearing, you may want to check the power (continuous) on the back of the unit to make sure it's not losing power, and thus memory.

other than that, I am stumped....IF you do infact have the proper coded, and are inputting it correctly (holding the scan button)...then I am not sure what else you can do.

Vehicles
      2000/VW/MK4 Jetta
      10-30-2007 06:22 PM #12
      For the SD Monsoon, you are supposed to press and hold the ">" Seek button for 2 sec.

Obviously, it might differ for the DD.

13. 10-31-2007 01:16 PM #13
      thanks LS. i was not trying to be a JACKA55, im just completely stumped with this thing. believe it or not I am a professional car stereo installer (for 7 years now) and this is the first radio ive never been able to get out of safe mode. I checked constant, and as best I can tell, Im not losing it. I tried the head unit in my buddy's (somewhat) identical 02 GLS whose stock radio works beautifully, and get the same results... I'm guessing that it is a bad unit. Again, I was not trying to come on you veteran's sight and be a jerk, I just want to be able to use this help forum to learn and be the best Dubber I can be... thanks LS and bluebora. I'm gonna chalk up this deck as a broken POS and put my video piece in...

14. 10-31-2007 01:38 PM #14
      i'd say, actually take it to the dealer and give them the code and make them put it in. Tell them when you do it, it doesn't work.

Vehicles
      2001 GTI VR6, 2000 Audi A6 2.7T
      10-31-2007 01:51 PM #15
      im trying really hard to get into this VW scene and i thought you guys would be the go-to guys to band and help me out a bit.

i would love some help from you helpful fellow VDubbers out there, rather than a session of "flame the noob" from those with nothing better to do... thanks guys.

I wish the mkIV forums were like this..

Quote Originally Posted by jackboots View Post
      I just want to know what sort of reaction you were expecting when you made this thread.

"I'm gonna show TCL how Bromode and kickass I am! That's sure to gain their respect and admiration!"

16. Banned
      10-31-2007 01:57 PM #16
      Quote, originally posted by blowjustinup »

I wish the mkIV forums were like this..

SHUT UP NOOBER BOOBER.

When I got my radio code from the dealership it was like, 6 digits long?

Vehicles
      2000/VW/MK4 Jetta
      10-31-2007 02:17 PM #17
      Quote, originally posted by tim00jti »

SHUT UP NOOBER BOOBER.

When I got my radio code from the dealership it was like, 6 digits long?

At least for the SD they are only 4 digits...and unless they changed something the DD should be 4 too.

18. Banned
      10-31-2007 02:31 PM #18
      It was awhile ago, hence why I forgot how long it really was. I knew it wasn't long like the one he said he had though.

19. 10-31-2007 06:58 PM #19
      yeah, i thought i had the wrong code also, but my dealership buddy confirmed the code, and I PMd dubvinci my serial and VIN without telling him the code I have, and he sent me the same code...so its confirmed from 2 independent sources. he also said something about resetting the radio from safe mode by leaving the key on and radio on for one hour...so ill give that a shot.

Vehicles
      2000/VW/MK4 Jetta
      10-31-2007 07:10 PM #20
      What are you pressing to confirm the code?

21. 10-31-2007 11:38 PM #21
      scan/seek