Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 459 of 504 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469 ... LastLast
    Results 16,031 to 16,065 of 17633

Thread: Official NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD (v.2 clean)

Vehicles
      JB4 335xi, Prius
      01-10-2012 01:57 AM #16031
      Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      do not call me delusional and then refer to a program that is in a BCS conference a "high school team"

any credibility you may have built up is now long gone.
      Credibility? Iowa Sate is a High school team compared to LSU.

Alabama had 1 loss, to the #1 team in the nation, by a field goal.

OSU had 1 loss, to an unranked team in 2OT. Those are not equal.

That being said, I think the SEC title game should've been the top 2 teams in the league, and the winner playing in the BCSNC. Bama and LSU would've rolled through a playoff and had what we had tonight.

Don't kid yourselves folks, tonight wasn't an offensive stagnation, it was defensive mastery. These are 2 NFL defenses playing against college offenses, college offenses that have run train on everybody else they've come in contact with (SEC and OOC). Boring, yes. But so is ship-in-bottle making, but it's mastery.

Would you have preferred another Alamo bowl?
      Quote Originally Posted by Internal Combustion View Post
      I called my wife with glee, she was very happy for me. I do believe I've won TCL.
      Yes I quote myself.

335- 12.2@115

Vehicles
      82 Rabbit 1.8L, 84 Rabbit GTI 20vBT Swap, 86 Audi 4000Q, 96 Audi A4Q V6, 02 Audi A4 1.8T
      01-10-2012 02:56 AM #16032

I am sorry, but in my eyes, these 2 games between LSU and BAMA wasnt mastery. Stout D, yes.. WHat do you think gets people riled up, excited, and talking more about a College Football Game?

This years NC?

Or the Sun Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Rose Bowl (Especially), Fiesta Bowl, R+L Carriers Bowl, Military Bowl, Outback Bowl, or even the Armed Forces Bowl?

Im sorry, but I watched every second of these bowls compared to the 1.5 quarters I watched of the NC game..

Sports are nothing but a game of emotion. When you eliminate that from the game and people, you have a boring scout meet.
      What is something you learned last year that you are going to do differently this year?

3. 01-10-2012 08:14 AM #16033
      Credibility? Iowa Sate is a High school team compared to LSU.

Alabama had 1 loss, to the #1 team in the nation, by a field goal.

OSU had 1 loss, to an unranked team in 2OT. Those are not equal.

That being said, I think the SEC title game should've been the top 2 teams in the league, and the winner playing in the BCSNC. Bama and LSU would've rolled through a playoff and had what we had tonight.

Don't kid yourselves folks, tonight wasn't an offensive stagnation, it was defensive mastery. These are 2 NFL defenses playing against college offenses, college offenses that have run train on everybody else they've come in contact with (SEC and OOC). Boring, yes. But so is ship-in-bottle making, but it's mastery.

2 things wrong

1 - ISU is not a high school program period. You SEC people drink way too much kool-aid. Line up the all star HS squad and watch ISU kick their ass up and down the field.

2 - no there is no NFL defense on the field. Any NFL team (even the colts) would destroy both LSU and Alabama

stop with the garbage excuses
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

4. Member
      Vehicles
      03 JB 20th: 00 Passat wagon
      01-10-2012 08:20 AM #16034
      Boooooring game.. Shame on the system.. Who wouldn't like to see Oregon LSU n Wisconsin bama?
      Q: Will these wheels fit?
      A: Really depends on how low you are, how much camber you are willing to run, how much tire you are willing to stretch, how much fender you are willing to pull, how stiff of a suspension you are willing to run , how much rubbing you are willing to put up with etc etc lol. Need way more than just wheel spec info lol-SLICVIC

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2.7 S4
      01-10-2012 08:23 AM #16035
      This game was a joke

Vehicles
      2005 VW GLI
      01-10-2012 08:39 AM #16036
      2 things wrong

1 - ISU is not a high school program period. You SEC people drink way too much kool-aid. Line up the all star HS squad and watch ISU kick their ass up and down the field.

2 - no there is no NFL defense on the field. Any NFL team (even the colts) would destroy both LSU and Alabama

stop with the garbage excuses
      You just proved my previous point.

You are seriously delusional!

The high school remark was a pun/poke, if you and others didn't get it, your bad.

There's no way in HELL ISU would have come close to beating LSU or Bama. Hell Miss St, Ark, GA, Ole Miss and/or Auburn would have beat ISU.
      Anyone with a defense could have beat ISU, except for OSU. Hell Oklahoma beat ISU 26-6.

Dont miss the last 3secs of this video.

Stop crying, you're getting your keyboard wet.
      Tell your team to step of their defense next year. We all know defense wins championship.

You can recruit the best of the best QBs, receivers, and running backs; but they don't play defense.
      These other conferences can average 40-50+ points game against mediocre defensive conferences/schools but if you want to challenge the SEC, bring a defense. The last 6 BCS titles have proved my logic somewhat accurate.
      And I will go out on a limb and yell to the heavens now!.............................SEC will be winning their 7th straight title next year.

Prove me wrong!
      Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance & conscientious stupidity. (Dr. Martin Luther King)

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. (Benjamin Franklin)
      last.fm

Vehicles
      2005 VW GLI
      01-10-2012 08:45 AM #16037
      AP top five
      1) Alabama (55)
      2) LSU (1)
      3) OSU (4)
      4) Oregon
      5) Arkansas

USA today
      1) Alabama
      2) LSU
      3)OSU
      4)Oregon
      5) Arkansas

http://espn.go.com/college-football/..._/seasontype/3

3 top five SEC schools.
      Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance & conscientious stupidity. (Dr. Martin Luther King)

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. (Benjamin Franklin)
      last.fm

Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      01-10-2012 08:57 AM #16038
      I think we might end up ranked in the BCS with 5 losses because we lost to Bama, LSU, Clemson, UGA, and Arky.

I doubt it though.

EDIT: You might be delusional if you think OSU could've stepped on the field with either LSU or Bama and won that game. Most of the time, those unstoppable offenses become stoppable with some game planning.
      Last edited by JustinCSVT; 01-10-2012 at 09:04 AM.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio
      01-10-2012 09:49 AM #16039
      Bama wins. 21-Zeraux. This thread is mine again.

Don't like it? Deal with it.

See you fellas in the ncaa basketball thread.
      Roll Tide & War Eagle but stuck in LSU Country
      UAB Blazer Basketball
      Saints - WHO DAT! ROAD WIN?!
      NOLA Pelicans
      Orioles - Thank You Showalter & all the O's!

Vehicles
      01 GLS / 08 Rabbit / 89 Coupe
      01-10-2012 10:29 AM #16040
      Quote Originally Posted by e_dub View Post
      And I will go out on a limb and yell to the heavens now!.............................SEC will be winning their 7th straight title next year.

Prove me wrong!
      Are you even a fan of a specific team? Conference fanboi-ism is the dumbest sh!t in the history of dumb sh!t.

11. 01-10-2012 10:48 AM #16041
      Quote Originally Posted by JustinCSVT View Post
      I think we might end up ranked in the BCS with 5 losses because we lost to Bama, LSU, Clemson, UGA, and Arky.

I doubt it though.

EDIT: You might be delusional if you think OSU could've stepped on the field with either LSU or Bama and won that game. Most of the time, those unstoppable offenses become stoppable with some game planning.
      not my point

my point is and always has been - OSU should get their shot.

Once again we heard it in 2002 that Ohio State would get wiped well guess what did not happen.
      Then we heard how USC was the greatest ever and Texas was going to get rolled. That did not happen either.

You can say Oklahoma State would get crushed - but none of us will ever know. And who is to say OSU could have pulled off a win and won the NC over either team?

Finally answer this - Alabama making a BCS appearence hinged on the fact it needed Georgia to lose the SEC CCG - wtf is that? NC participants should be locks by winning in or having another top team lose. Not by needing a team to lose who is nowhere near being in the NC game
      Boiler Up!

12. 01-10-2012 10:48 AM #16042
      Quote Originally Posted by jaysvw View Post
      Are you even a fan of a specific team? Conference fanboi-ism is the dumbest sh!t in the history of dumb sh!t.
      x10000000
      Boiler Up!

13. 01-10-2012 10:50 AM #16043
      The game was very entertaining to me. I'm going to celebrate with some friends, so good night to all.

ROLL TIDE!
      you were an Auburn fan last year correct

how about you pick a school or even better actually attend one
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      2011 Ram 1500, 2003 Stratus SXT
      01-10-2012 11:18 AM #16044
      not my point

my point is and always has been - OSU should get their shot.

Once again we heard it in 2002 that Ohio State would get wiped well guess what did not happen.
      Then we heard how USC was the greatest ever and Texas was going to get rolled. That did not happen either.

You can say Oklahoma State would get crushed - but none of us will ever know. And who is to say OSU could have pulled off a win and won the NC over either team?

Finally answer this - Alabama making a BCS appearence hinged on the fact it needed Georgia to lose the SEC CCG - wtf is that? NC participants should be locks by winning in or having another top team lose. Not by needing a team to lose who is nowhere near being in the NC game
      Jesus christ, cry a little more. We get it. Bitter, party of one, your table is ready...

You really are delusional if you don't think the 2 best teams in the country played last night.
      Previously Owned: 2010 Kia Forte, 2010 JK Wrangler, 2007 Passat, 2003 Jetta, 2002 Jetta, 1992 Sentra, 1998 Dakota, 1990 Ford Ranger

Vehicles
      JB4 335xi, Prius
      01-10-2012 12:10 PM #16045
      not my point

[/b]my point is and always has been - OSU should get their shot.[b]

First off, I'm a proponent of a 8 team playoff. But this year was under current rules.

Secondly on what basis can you justify OSU over Bama? Team A loses to #1 team by a FG, Team B loses to an unranked team, I'm sorry, those aren't equal.

Fun stat: LSU AND Bama both had 10 games where they held the opposition to 11 points or less.

Bama gave up 21 points to Georgia Southern (I'm sure they were really trying), which was the most they gave up all season. Sorry, that's a NFL defense.
      I called my wife with glee, she was very happy for me. I do believe I've won TCL.
      Yes I quote myself.

335- 12.2@115

Vehicles
      JB4 335xi, Prius
      01-10-2012 12:12 PM #16046
      You just proved my previous point.

You are seriously delusional!

The high school remark was a pun/poke, if you and others didn't get it, your bad.

There's no way in HELL ISU would have come close to beating LSU or Bama. Hell Miss St, Ark, GA, Ole Miss and/or Auburn would have beat ISU.
      Anyone with a defense could have beat ISU, except for OSU. Hell Oklahoma beat ISU 26-6.

Dont miss the last 3secs of this video.

Stop crying, you're getting your keyboard wet.
      Tell your team to step of their defense next year. We all know defense wins championship.

You can recruit the best of the best QBs, receivers, and running backs; but they don't play defense.
      These other conferences can average 40-50+ points game against mediocre defensive conferences/schools but if you want to challenge the SEC, bring a defense. The last 6 BCS titles have proved my logic somewhat accurate.

Prove me wrong!

@2:31 theres an Alabama hoodie guy haha
      Yes I quote myself.

335- 12.2@115

Vehicles
      2005 VW GLI
      01-10-2012 12:53 PM #16047
      Quote Originally Posted by jaysvw View Post
      Bama fan, always have, always will be. Also a fan of any SEC team who's playing a none conference SEC team in a bowl or title game. Adding "ism" on the end of fanboi doesn't offend me. Nice Try. I'm a fan period

last.fm

Vehicles
      2005 VW GLI
      01-10-2012 12:59 PM #16048
      Just heard on local sport talk that a high ranking official in the BCS stated there will be a playoff coming.

edit: found this article

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...#ixzz1j4KEI7F6

last.fm

19. Member
      Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio
      01-10-2012 01:16 PM #16049
      Just heard on local sport talk that a high ranking official in the BCS stated there will be a playoff coming.

edit: found this article

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...#ixzz1j4KEI7F6
      Yea, but I think they're going for 4 team playoff which is going to give Bowl's fits. Also, they are trying to get the national championship game back to New Year's Day which would push games against reg season and give people less time to coordinate travel (i.e. read this as Bowl's get less money). As we know, money rules everything so I'm not sure if they current playoff method they are pushing will work.
      UAB Blazer Basketball
      NOLA Pelicans

20. 01-10-2012 01:36 PM #16050
      Quote Originally Posted by VW1.8Tsunami View Post
      Jesus christ, cry a little more. We get it. Bitter, party of one, your table is ready...

You really are delusional if you don't think the 2 best teams in the country played last night.
      piss off

don't like it don't read it
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      4x4
      01-10-2012 01:40 PM #16051
      the best team in the nation won the championship no use on debating a fact. i enjoyed the game, myself. all those crying about the outcome had their chance to prove themselves when it mattered. and you didn't

22. 01-10-2012 01:41 PM #16052
      everyone here who thinks the best two played - guess what that is your own damn opinion

i feel this year ended badly because OSU was a worthy opponent who was screwed.

Another failed BCS

they need an 8 team playoff - play through december (after finals) and take old BCS rules. 6 power conf qualifiers and two at large. If a Boise situation arises then criteria must be set for them to get in. ND same deal. After that highest two picked and seeding based on BCS rank.
      Keep the no more than 2 from conference rule.

Makes the regular season count. Picks the correct NC game. Gives the correct NC winner without voter error. Can't win your conference then you really should not be playing unless you are the best non conference winner left.

If the BCS wont do it - i hope Cuban does
      Boiler Up!

23. Member
      Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio
      01-10-2012 01:42 PM #16053
      piss off

don't like it don't read it
      You definitely could fit in as an SEC fan... you should join us.
      UAB Blazer Basketball
      NOLA Pelicans

24. 01-10-2012 01:42 PM #16054
      Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdam087 View Post
      the best team in the nation won the championship no use on debating a fact. i enjoyed the game, myself. all those crying about the outcome had their chance to prove themselves when it mattered. and you didn't
      opinion

the same could be said for bama - why should they play LSU again when they lost the first time?
      Boiler Up!

25. 01-10-2012 01:43 PM #16055
      Quote Originally Posted by KrautFed View Post
      You definitely could fit in as an SEC fan... you should join us.
      im a boiler......but my work will pay for my mba

i should look into the UF online mba program
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      2011 Ram 1500, 2003 Stratus SXT
      01-10-2012 01:57 PM #16056
      herp derp cry derp
      there, there now...it's ok.
      Previously Owned: 2010 Kia Forte, 2010 JK Wrangler, 2007 Passat, 2003 Jetta, 2002 Jetta, 1992 Sentra, 1998 Dakota, 1990 Ford Ranger

01-10-2012 02:27 PM #16057
      Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdam087 View Post
      Did it? The best team in the nation can't score a TD until the 4th quarter? The only suspense in the game was how many FG will Alabama kicker miss.

The LSU-Alabama season series is tied 1-1. Nothing is settled as far as I'm concerned. If we are going to allow rematches to determine national championships, then it has to be best of 3. Let's play one more...

Vehicles
      82 Rabbit 1.8L, 84 Rabbit GTI 20vBT Swap, 86 Audi 4000Q, 96 Audi A4Q V6, 02 Audi A4 1.8T
      01-10-2012 02:39 PM #16058
      So for all you people that seem to think the BCS is perfect where it is, let me ask you this.

If the NFL had the same set up as the BCS system, would you enjoy it....?

EDIT: Or for that matter, EVERY OTHER SPORT SYSTEM should be changed to incorporate the BCS system. Because apparently every other sport besides College Football got it wrong with how they crown champions right?

Last edited by 1.8TRabbit; 01-10-2012 at 02:42 PM.
      What is something you learned last year that you are going to do differently this year?

Vehicles
      4x4
      01-10-2012 04:18 PM #16059
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      Did it? The best team in the nation can't score a TD until the 4th quarter? The only suspense in the game was how many FG will Alabama kicker miss.

The LSU-Alabama season series is tied 1-1. Nothing is settled as far as I'm concerned. If we are going to allow rematches to determine national championships, then it has to be best of 3. Let's play one more...

Yes they did.
      Saying they are only 1-1 and "tied" or nothing has been settled is where i think your wrong.
      You only get one championship game, your fate is in your own hands, win and its yours.
      That is like saying the new england patriots should have gotten another game against the new york giants there other year when there only loss was to them in the super bowl. that is what makes great teams great, they win when all the chips are on the line, and they don't need to change and implement changes within a well established system that carries prestige like the bowl games do.

Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      01-10-2012 05:14 PM #16060
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8TRabbit View Post
      So for all you people that seem to think the BCS is perfect where it is, let me ask you this.

If the NFL had the same set up as the BCS system, would you enjoy it....?

That's irrelevant. The NFL has never had a polling system unlike major college sports. There are too many teams to sift through. The BCS was an adjustment to the polling system as will a playoff. There will still be rankings regardless.

Either way, I really do think this game would've happened again in a playoff system. What happens then? Does everyone complain about the SEC again? I think the playoff system benefits the conference just as much as the BCS does now. That's why Mike Slive tried to go to it a few years ago and got turned around by the Big 12 and Big 10 commissioners. Most of the great teams have more depth at every position than almost any opponent they are going to face.

31. 01-10-2012 05:16 PM #16061
      an Alabama fan/student/alum are we?

First off the NFL has a playoff system. While some will argue the best two teams do not always play it does pit the best two teams at the time. Also the best teams all get an equal shot to win the Super Bowl and even if you start slow or finish bad you can still qualify as a wild card. In other words the best teams play for the Super Bowl crown.

At 10-6 the Green Bay Packers whipped everyone for the title last year. you cannot argue Pitt or New England or Chicago was better. it was settled on the field.

In college the game is put into voters hands. Many voters are swayed by media bias. Alabama got in because they were hyped up from the media. i mean do these voters watch every single game? No they can't. They watch highlights from sportscenter on most games and maybe a skim through the dvr on others. At the end of the day they do not cover everything which should invalidate their vote. But it does not.

The season series is tied 1-1 and like bzcat said - nothing is settled.

Playoffs are needed. Bama probably would have run the table and won it but we won't know. Maybe Oregon gets hot and runs the table and wins it all. Then what?
      Boiler Up!

32. Member
      Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio
      01-10-2012 05:30 PM #16062
      Playoffs are needed.
      I would like to speak for just about every Alabama, Auburn, and LSU fan I know. A majority of the SEC is for a playoff. Mike Slive, SEC Prez, was the FIRST to propose one to the NCAA several years ago. It got shot down at the NCAA level, not the SEC level.

Bring on the Boise's, Oklahoma State's, Clemson's, and Oregon's of the world.
      UAB Blazer Basketball
      NOLA Pelicans

Vehicles
      JB4 335xi, Prius
      01-10-2012 05:50 PM #16063
      everyone here who thinks the best two played - guess what that is your own damn opinion

i feel this year ended badly because OSU was a worthy opponent who was screwed.

Another failed BCS

they need an 8 team playoff - play through december (after finals) and take old BCS rules. 6 power conf qualifiers and two at large. If a Boise situation arises then criteria must be set for them to get in. ND same deal. After that highest two picked and seeding based on BCS rank.
      Keep the no more than 2 from conference rule.

Makes the regular season count. Picks the correct NC game. Gives the correct NC winner without voter error. Can't win your conference then you really should not be playing unless you are the best non conference winner left.

If the BCS wont do it - i hope Cuban does

NO THEY WERENT. They lost to an unranked team. Bama lost to the #1 team. How can you rationalize it beyond that? Respond to me for once. (remember that I'm a proponent of a 8 team playoff, and that LSU, Bama and Arkansas deserved to be there this year)

The only team who's really really really gotten screwed is the 2004 Auburn Tigers.
      Yes I quote myself.

335- 12.2@115

34. 01-10-2012 06:08 PM #16064
      NO THEY WERENT. They lost to an unranked team. Bama lost to the #1 team. How can you rationalize it beyond that? Respond to me for once. (remember that I'm a proponent of a 8 team playoff, and that LSU, Bama and Arkansas deserved to be there this year)

The only team who's really really really gotten screwed is the 2004 Auburn Tigers.
      simple
      "no repeats"

The 2003 USC Trojans were screwed as well

It is easy to tell who the SEC honks are - they only think something is wrong if the SEC gets slighted

Also answer this question - how is this not like 2006? Florida was let in because both them and Michigan were 11-1 (UF might have been 12-1) - still 1 loss team. Michigan lost to Ohio State. The BCS told Michigan go enjoy the Rose Bowl we do not want repeats. And Michigan OSU that year was a freaking dandy of a game. 3 points i think it was 41-38. A game most fans would enjoy.

Well Florida got the nod over Michigan because of that stance.

Now this year all of a sudden Alabama gets the nod over Oklahoma state. It is pure bull **** to think this was the correct call. It proves the BCS system is terribly flawed and to many a split National title should be handed out. Just like in 2003 and what should have happened in 2004.

What is your argument for that?
      Last edited by Juiced6; 01-10-2012 at 06:18 PM.
      Boiler Up!

35. 01-10-2012 06:11 PM #16065
      Quote Originally Posted by KrautFed View Post
      I would like to speak for just about every Alabama, Auburn, and LSU fan I know. A majority of the SEC is for a playoff. Mike Slive, SEC Prez, was the FIRST to propose one to the NCAA several years ago. It got shot down at the NCAA level, not the SEC level.

Bring on the Boise's, Oklahoma State's, Clemson's, and Oregon's of the world.
      The Big Ten has been against it for years......**** em. Leave the B10 out if they do not want a playoff.

I cannot believe there is not a **** ton of money to be made off of a bowl/playoff system...and that is all these conferences want anyway
      Boiler Up!

Page 459 of 504 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469 ... LastLast