VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

*** DENSITY LINE MOUNTS - MKIV Platform - 1.8T ***

97K views 306 replies 107 participants last post by  Sales@INA 
#1 ·
Well After success with the Audi Density line it was time to move onto the Volkswagen section....
Quote, originally posted by MKIV Density Motor Mount Set »

We are VERY excited to be announcing the release of our 034Motorsport Street Density and Track Density transmission mounts For ALL MKIV Applications (This Includes VW Golf/Jetta 1.8T, Audi TT 225,VR6 12V,24V and R32)
We've been testing these mounts for some time to ensure they are reliable and meet the criterion for the intended use - results so far are very exciting!
WHAT THEY ARE: A new line of rubber motor mounts made FOR us by OE suppliers to OUR specifications.
STREETDENSITY Mounts
solid rubber mounts with a 50 durometer about 25% stiffer than stock, this means they still ride smooth and quiet but provide a marked improvement in drivetrain dampening over stock mounts.
Livable street performance with serious sport intentions. Note, don’t mistake these mounts with OE mounts, though they look almost identical, the rubber stiffness very vastly, think of these mounts as what the factory would have produced if they weren’t catering the car to whiney cheerleaders.
TRACKDENSITY Mounts:
built with an 80 durometer rubber, approx 90% stiffer than stock, these are solid for all practical purposes and result in ZERO drivetrain movement. Vibrations from the engine are noticeably increased but not horrible. Definitely not smooth and quiet like stock mounts, but in return you get a completely locked down drivetrain with NO slop or deflection. These are perfect for the street/track enthusiast who doesn't mind a marked increase in vibration from the drivetrain, or the hardcore drag racer or track driver who is eliminating all slop in the chassis.
Performance with serious sport intentions. Note, don’t mistake these mounts with OE mounts, though they look almost identical, the rubber stiffness very vastly, think of these mounts as what the factory would have produced if they weren’t catering the car to whiney cheerleaders.

NOTE, THIS IS NOT AN OE MOUNT AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE - These are built by an OE supplier to 034Motorsport specifications.
These mounts will fit all MK4 5-speed & 6-speed vehicles (again includes Audi TT), and includes the motor mount, transmission mount, and dogbone. Priced less than OE mounts, these are a no brainer for the street or track enthusiast.
You Can choose all 3 Mounts:

Or just the engine and gearbox mount (for those who allready have an aftermarket dog bone mount):

Or just the dogbone mount:

Quote, originally posted by Strut Mount, Track Density, M4 Chassis VW and Audi »

Tired of stock Mk4 Chassis strut bushings collapsing and deflecting? We have the solution for you.
We are VERY excited to be announcing the release of our 034Motorsport Track Density Strut mounts for the Mk4 VW
We've been testing these mounts for some time to ensure they are reliable and meet the criterion for the intended use - results so far are very exciting!
WHAT THEY ARE: A new line of rubber motor mounts made FOR us by OE suppliers to OUR specifications.
TRACKDENSITY Mounts are also solid rubber mounts, but with an 80 durometer approx 90% stiffer than stock, these are solid for all practical purposes and result in ZERO drivetrain movement. Vibrations from the engine are noticeably increased but not horrible. Definitely not smooth and quiet like stock mounts, but in return you get a completely locked down drivetrain with NO slop or deflection. These are perfect for the street/track enthusiast who doesn't mind a marked increase in vibration from the drivetrain.
NOTE, THIS IS NOT AN OEM MOUNT, AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE - These are built by an OE supplier to 034Motorsport specifications.
Mounts will fit all VW and Audi Mk4 Chassis cars such as the Jetta, Golf, TT and many european Seat and Skoda models as well.
Price PER mount, one car will need 2.

PRICING :
$82 US SHIPPED FOR 2 STRUT MOUNTS
$94 US SHIPPED FOR 2 STRUT MOUNTS & 2 OEM STRUT MOUNT BEARINGS
$300US SHIPPED FOR ALL 3 MOUNTS (i.e. Engine,transmission & dogbone)
$260US SHIPPED JUST FOR THE ENGINE & GEARBOX MOUNT
$90US SHIPPED JUST FOR THE DOGBONE MOUNT

COMBO PRICE : 389US SHIPPED GETS YOU:
* (1) Density Line Engine mount
* (1) Density Line Transmission mount
* (1) Density Line dogbone mount
* (2) Density Line strut mounts
* (2) OEM Bearings for the strut mounts

Please send me a PM when you are ready to order and please make sure you state which Density you want (Street or Track).
Thanks

Modified by INA at 9:41 PM 3-29-2009

See less See more
G
#77 ·
Re: (.skully.)

Quote, originally posted by .skully. »

yay for a clevelander.
for INA and Jason for all your help. cant wait to submit the next order

always looking forward to it skully. thanks for the support. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#78 ·
Re: (INA)

Quote, originally posted by INA »

Coming along with bottom arm and other suspension components.

Intresting...

#81 ·
do that tallai and i my jaw will hit the floor and ill have to kill you

#83 ·
Re: *** DENSITY LINE MOUNTS - MKIV Platform - 1.8T *** (INA)

Finally got around to installing (one) of the mounts today, I chose to install the dogbone mount today on lunch break.
-Install was a breeze took a total of 15mins. including racking the car up.

-I was nervous that my car was gonna rattle and vibrate like crazy(track density mounts)..So i started the car up and noticed that it quickly fired up compared to stock..After the startup i was waiting for the rattles and vibrations to begin, wich never happened purs like a kitten, smooth, bettter then stock..

-I waited till my drive home(45 miles) to perform my judgment calls on this dogbone mount..right away i felt a better connection with the throttle response(almost like a cable throttle car). I didnt think it was possible but the shifting seems to be more precise and dare i say faster when shifting at 7500rpm..

-This mount is worth the money hands down, I have never been a fan of urathane bushings or any urathane item on my car..
..Bang for the buck and rubber bushings, couldnt ask for more.
-I am going to try and install the upper two mounts this weekend and see how those work..I will write another review then.
- http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

G
#84 ·

just got a new batch in guys. thanks for the orders! enjoy the new feeling of the instant throttle response.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#92 ·
Re: (SoLiDSnaKe-R)

Quote, originally posted by SoLiDSnaKe-R »
Hello INA,
What do you suggest for a Seat Leon with a Big Turbo (3071R inside)?
Thanks!

Canary Islands! I love that place!
I suggest going with the Street Density Units.I have them and I really do like them.Some users opt for the Track Density dogbone and the Street Density Engine & Gearbox mount.
Let me know what you have in mind!

#95 ·
Re: *** DENSITY LINE MOUNTS - MKIV Platform - 1.8T *** (carbide01)

how quickly do other mounts wear? I am doing my timing belt soon, I have 62,xxx miles. I just upgraded my dogbone to a BMF Technik mount and really like it. Should I splurge for the passenger side Street mount?

#96 ·
Re: *** DENSITY LINE MOUNTS - MKIV Platform - 1.8T *** (bpfoley)

Quote, originally posted by bpfoley »
how quickly do other mounts wear? I am doing my timing belt soon, I have 62,xxx miles. I just upgraded my dogbone to a BMF Technik mount and really like it. Should I splurge for the passenger side Street mount?

Sure if you dont mind doing the transmission mount while you are in there. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#97 ·

Just finished putting in my full Track set today. Thought some may be interested in my experience.
First of all, I have been running the Poly- Energy Suspension in my dogbone. Just the two that go against the subframe, left the other one in stock that connects to the engine. The other two mounts have been OEM.
So, I wanted to compare apples and decided I would put the INA- dogbone in and run it for a day to see if there was a difference: the INA feels softer. Just a tiny bit, but I can notice less vibration in the steering wheel. Not so much a bad thing, it is all in your preference of course.
Well, I left it for now, because I wanted to feel the whole INA experience before I go back to the poly (haven't decided if I will or not, but probably will after a few weeks.)
I then put each of the others in (tranny first) and started it each time just to see a comparison. By the way, don't let them fool you with the half hour claim to putting all of the mounts in. Seems to be a bit of an exaggeration, but maybe with a lift, you can shave off an hour of labor... Don't mean to rant, just my observation.) The tranny mount seemed to transmit a bit more engine noise to the cockpit, but not too bad.
With all of the INA Track mounts in place, I can notice a bit more engine sound coming into the cockpit, but by no means has it caused horrible rattles or annoying droning sounds, or anything like that. I am pretty certain that my wife will not know the difference in vibrations unless I mentioned it between the dogbone that I had and this full setup. DO NOT GET ME WRONG, you will notice a lot more vibration in your car. I did when I first put the POLY inserts in, but this is not any worse than that. I can hear the engine more, and especially noticed the initial startup of the engine is much louder in the cockpit, but not bad.
They kept trying to talk me into the street density, but I am VERY happy to say that I kept with my gut feeling and went Track. I personally just would have been very upset with the Street line.
Final impressions, happy with the product, http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif but not so certain about the claims that this is THE stiffest set of mounts on the market next to a solid billet mount.
As far as noise and vibration. If you lowered your car and have a stiffer ride, you put a bigger DV on and it made more noise, you put an aftermarket clutch in and it chatters, or you put an exhaust on and it is louder than your OEM, etc... you probably will not mind hearing the beautiful sounds that your engine makes. I give the Track Density http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif .
By the way. I do not track my car. Although, I may hit a track someday, I never have in the 5 years that I have owned it. I just enjoy driving and like to feel the feedback that my car gives me when doing so.
Hope this helps someone.

** All statements contained within this post are opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the advertisers or vwvortex.com. Your actual experience and opinion may vary. 18Tdesign can not be held responsible for your choices or experiences or mistakes with the Density Line Mounts by INA. This has not been a paid advertisement by INA and it's subsidiaries.

ENJOY!
Thanks INA for a great product and good customer service.

Modified by 18Tdesign at 2:20 PM 2-5-2008

#99 ·

I have had mine since december and I think they are a great product. Its a really nice alternative to replacing just one stock mount or going with a much more expensive set. It installs in about a half hour if you are somewhat mechanically inclined. The car doesnt seem to have as much vibration as just the dogbone polly mount. Good product Issam

#100 ·

Just thought I would throw this up there...http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Quote, originally posted by javad@034efi.com »

Our goal in producing Density Line Mounts was to build an OE mount that is stiffer, the same quality and fit as OE, but with performance driving in mind. In other words, just like an OE quality part but built for performance, not keeping 18 year old girls comfortable.
Some have accused us of just selling some sort of OE mount, but that just isn't the case! We have these manufactured ourselves for our customers.
I take it as a compliment that they mounts "look OE"
, but once you install them, you'll quickly find there is nothing in the performance that is OE

The Track Density prove this point even further. We wanted to bring performance mounts to market that didn't cost $500, I think we've accomplished this well, if you have your doubts, I don't know what to tell you but you're missing out on one of the best performance values in the market.
Thanks guys,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.