Vehicles
      Yellow 1970 Beetle & Yellow Rush 2012 Beetle 2.5L Tiptronic
      06-04-2008 06:46 PM #153
      subscribed!!!
      ■■■■■■■■■■■■

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      06-07-2008 06:01 AM #154
      Compatible with Automatic MKIV's [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

Vehicles
      Jetta Beast
      06-07-2008 07:06 AM #155
      Quote, originally posted by INA »
      Compatible with Automatic MKIV's [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

I second this notion

Vehicles
      Jetta Beast
      06-09-2008 11:57 AM #156
      IM'd w/some ?'s.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      06-14-2008 01:03 PM #157
      SKILLS!
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

Vehicles
      08' A6 S-Line 4.2 quattro & 09' Tribeca (current), 04' GTI 1.8T (pdx), 85' Mini (germany)
      06-14-2008 01:20 PM #158
      hahaha wtf?
      bored w/ firefox?
      Quote Originally Posted by Travy View Post
      error404: Stance not found.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      06-14-2008 01:23 PM #159
      Quote, originally posted by inivid »
      hahaha wtf?
      bored w/ firefox?

You caught me
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      08' A6 S-Line 4.2 quattro & 09' Tribeca (current), 04' GTI 1.8T (pdx), 85' Mini (germany)
      06-14-2008 01:32 PM #160
      go make soldering sculptures or something. that's what i do when i'm bored in the shop. lol

of course mine are just abstract heaps of solder.
      Quote Originally Posted by Travy View Post
      error404: Stance not found.

Vehicles
      The fun one, and the big one!
      06-28-2008 08:08 AM #161
      Installing mine today woot woot
      Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post
      sell the wife and buy a tt-rs
      FOR SALE: Oil pans,380's,MK4 rear sport seats, & more.
      Vote for Maestro Tuning Subforum

Vehicles
      1991 Gti 24v VR6
      06-28-2008 01:38 PM #162
      nice....
      CUSTOM TUNING - IMMO DEFEAT - AWD DYNO - FABRICATION - MACHINED/DESIGNED PARTS
      NOW OBD FLASHING MK6/MK7 2.0T
      BREAKOUTMOTORSPORTS

13. 06-28-2008 05:32 PM #163
      Just thought I would throw in my couple month review. Right now they feel great. My wheelhop has been eliminated for the most part. The car still feels similiar to stock in terms of road noise. Great product.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      06-28-2008 05:51 PM #164
      Thanks for all the positive comments guys
      We will be releasing some more density products in the coming weeks (rear trailing arm bushings,shock mounts,gearbox linkages,etc!)
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      Jetta Beast
      06-29-2008 09:20 PM #165
      I've never done a 'review', and I'm not too sure where they go, but here goes.
      I ordered a track density dogbone mount from (Imma start callin him..) 'Mr. Homie', put it on, took my car around for a drive (no more clunk-clunk noises...YAY!!) then went balls to the walls....and snapped it.

BUT, that was before I found out there's certain specs you have to tighten 'em to.. Anywho, I talked to Mr. Homie about what happened, and he shipped me another one before my paypal even cleared! Now if that's not a sign of a man who stands by his word, I don't know what is. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      The item was exactly what it was described as/to be, priority shipping (pretty nice seeing as I needed it ASAP, anyway), and excellent communication/customer service. He's the man, that's for sure!!
      -Johny

Vehicles
      1990 JETTA VR6, 2003 JETTA 1.8T, 2010 TOUAREG TDI
      07-01-2008 09:47 PM #166
      Quote, originally posted by INA »
      Thanks for all the positive comments guys
      We will be releasing some more density products in the coming weeks (rear trailing arm bushings,shock mounts,gearbox linkages,etc!)

ok, so when do you think you will have rear trailing arm bushings? Mine are bad, got stock ones but havent done it yet!
      I do work on cars, anything short of engine and transmission rebuilding can be done. welding, custom and aftermarket as well as regular repairs. IM me for details, shop is in WOodbridge.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      04 A4 USP, 02 GTI, 04 S80
      07-01-2008 11:11 PM #167
      i bought a streetdensity dog bone awhile ago, and love it. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      1.8T A4 mmmm

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      07-01-2008 11:55 PM #168
      Quote, originally posted by BiH »
      ok, so when do you think you will have rear trailing arm bushings? Mine are bad, got stock ones but havent done it yet!

Hopefully before the end of the month.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      1990 JETTA VR6, 2003 JETTA 1.8T, 2010 TOUAREG TDI
      07-02-2008 04:06 PM #169
      please hurry up, they are quite bad and I have been lazy to replace them.
      I do work on cars, anything short of engine and transmission rebuilding can be done. welding, custom and aftermarket as well as regular repairs. IM me for details, shop is in WOodbridge.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      07-09-2008 01:04 AM #170
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      01 JETTA 1.8 BT , 01 GTI VR6 , 00 JETTA 2.0
      07-09-2008 02:27 PM #171
      Got my mount in ...
      good stuff
      [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      '86 BMW 528e, '01 VW Cabrio
      07-12-2008 10:19 PM #172
      Got my mounts installed. Street side mounts and track dogbone. THe car feels great. No vibrations at all when cruising or from dead stop. Really really happy with the mounts. Thanks man.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      07-17-2008 07:19 PM #173
      Thanks to Evilpat for an amazing write up.
      Quote, originally posted by evilpat »
      Approaching 160K miles my daily driven 1.8T was starting to show its age in the motor mount area so I picked up a set of the Street Density mounts from Issam at INA. I am only about 30 minutes from 034 but he had a great price and helped answer a bunch of questions I had.
      While I have replaced pretty much all of the suspension bushings with there TT/R32 counterparts I had been running the same motor mounts for the life of the car spare a Prothane poly insert on the dog-bone mount. Car is also an automatic so prone to greater vibrations when idling at lights, in traffic, etc.
      Removing the mounts is not too difficult and can be done in a couple of hours. First put the front of the car on stands and keep your floor jack handy to support the motor as you swap out the mounts.
      I recommend starting on the driver's side as it helps to drop the motor a bit to remove the mount on that side. Remove the air box and the battery. From there remove the 2 bolts holding the wire support to the battery tray and the 4 bolts holding the battery tray. Remove the tray and push the wires and the plastic support towards the front of the car.

Next remove the cover to the wire conduit that runs under the airbox and into the rain tray. The cover has a couple of clips on the side and two down by the battery tray. You also have to pull up the rubber seal to the rain tray. Should look like below

From there put your floor jack under the tranny using a piece of wood to help with the weight distribution. Remove the 2 large bolts holding the mount to the tranny. Push the wire conduit towards either fenders to remoev the two large bolts holding the mount to the car. There is also one small bolt closest to the driver's side fender. Using the floor Jack lower the tranny/motor a bit to help to get the mount out.
      Comparing the stock (left) and Street Density mount (right) they are near identical spare the VW/Audi stamping. The casting on Street Density mount is a bit rougher but not in any way bad in quality. It is also a little thicker on the shoulders.

I opted for the additional bolt set as my local dealer had none of the bolts in stock. Most of the bolts for the mounts are stretch bolts and VW recommends replacing them each time they are removed. It was not OEM hardware but properly sized etc. The small bolt on the left is not a stretch bolt and does not have to replaced so I opted to use the stock bolt. The only complaint I have about the hardware is that the OEM hardware has a flanged head and a guide point to help install. The included new hardware did not have flanged heads and was threaded to a straight end. I did not like how the non-flanged bolts sat on the oval holes mount to the tranny/engine so I reused the stock bolts with a little bit of loc-tite. The flanged head OEM bolts sat on more area of the mount. A washer would have probably worked fine but I did not have any large enough.

On the passenger side of the car you have to remove the two phillips head screws holding the coolant reservoir and the stud holding the power steering reservoir. The stud for the power steering has a wire clip on top of it. Unclip the part holding the wire and then simply unthread it off of the stud. If you pull it off it will be damaged. Position your floor jack under the engine using that same piece of wood. In addition to that stud there are 2 bolts securing a bracket from the mount to the body of the car. Remove those and the stud. Push the fuel and coolant lines around to gain access to the bolts holding the mount to the engine bracket. Flip the coolant reservoir and push the power steering reservoir out of the way to access the two bolts holding the mount to the body fo the car.

In my case this mount showed the most wear. It was noticeably compressed ~.5 cm!

Other that the only difference again is the casting is a bit rougher and you can see above that the support through the mount is hollow on the Street Density.

Again the included hardware does not have a flanged head. On the passenger side it is a little bit more difficult to access the bolts to eh engine bracket as the coolant/fuel lines are in the way. You could remove them but it is far faster and easier to just push them around. I again reused the stock bolts to the engine as the flanged bolts grabbed more and where a lot easier to guide into the holes into the bracket.

The dog-bone mount is the easiest to install so I saved it for last. Position the floor jack under the tranny and remove the two bolts going into the subframe and the two going into the tranny. Notice that the longer bolt goes through the bushing.
      The bolt passing through the Street Density mount did have a flanged head in this case. Though the flange was the same diameter of the stock mount bolt the head was actually smaller.

The small bushing of my stock mount has noticeably aged and was significantly harder than the new one of the Street Density mount which had a lot of play. This small bushing of the street Density was not solid but identical to the OEM. I was expecting it to be solid but maybe it is on the Track Density mount.

Mounting hardware is similar. I used all of the new hardware as it was passing through straight holes and not the oval holes of the side mounts.

First short drive showed remarkable improvement over the stock side mount/poly dog-bone setup. Even considering that my stock side mounts where very worn the Street Density mounts were remarkably firmer without the harsh vibrations of the poly dog-bone. I drive a lot of VWs and this setup is how the MKIV should have come stock. So far it does not transmit any noticeable vibrations into the car (even with the AC on) and the NVH is improved such that considerably less noise is heard in the interior of the car. The car feels lighter as the engine is properly supported on all sides accompanied by a reduction in the initial lag at acceleration.
      I HIGHLY recommend this setup up for any daily driven car, even my wife likes it! Don't just replace your dog-bone mount as was so popular when no other options were available. These mounts are true drop in, OEM looking mounts that surpass the stock mounts in every way. If VW had not been looking at it s hot-hatch heritage and not trying to broaden its market when it developed the MKIV GTI these are the mounts they would have used. My only complaint is the hardware kit as reused half of the stock bolts but that is easily remedied by buying the OEM bolts. I will be taking a road trip this weekend and will really push the mounts a bit to see how they break in.
      Torque Specs:
      Tranny
      Larger bolts to tranny (x2) 44 ft-lb plus 1/4 turn
      Smaller bolts to body (x2) 30 ft-lb plus 1/4 turn
      Small bolt to fender (x1) 18 ft-lb
      Engine
      Larger bolts to engine(x2) 44 ft-lb plus 1/4 turn
      Smaller bolts to body (x2) 30 ft-lb plus 1/4 turn
      Small bolts for black bracket to fender (x2) 18 ft-lb
      Dog-bone
      Small bolts to subframe (x2) 15 ft-lb plus 1/4 turn
      Longer bolt to tranny through bushing (x1) 30 ft-lb
      Shorter bolt to tranny (x1) 30 ft-lb plus 1/4 turn

OEM Bolt PNs
      Tranny
      N 102 096 03 (x2)
      N 905 969 02 (x2)
      Engine
      N 102 096 03 (x2)
      N 905 969 02 (x2)
      Dog-bone
      N 102 683 02 (x2)
      N 102 466 03 (x1)
      N 905 970 01 (x1)
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      07-27-2008 02:25 PM #174
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

Vehicles
      Jetta Beast
      07-28-2008 08:34 AM #175
      Is there a way to order the oem bolts from you guys? :]

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast