Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Hamilton Report...............Part II

1. 07-21-2008 01:53 PM #106
      Quote, originally posted by gizmopop »
      Heck you even saw it the year Michael Schumacher was injured and missed part of the season, when he came back, Irvine was in contention so Schuey helped the cause.

I think MS came back to make damn sure Irvine didn't win it.

2. 07-21-2008 08:25 PM #107
      Quote, originally posted by dubsix »

I think MS came back to make damn sure Irvine didn't win it.

Ding! ding!
      New dumbest quote ever!

3. 07-22-2008 11:09 AM #108
      Quote, originally posted by jdouble »

Ding! ding!
      New dumbest quote ever!

serious?

If MS let EI pass him to take 2nd in the last race (Japan), EI would have won the championship... MS sure as hell didn't want EI taking the glory for Ferrari's first WDC in a long time, after all the work MS putting in getting them back in the game.

4. 07-22-2008 04:44 PM #109

serious?

If MS let EI pass him to take 2nd in the last race (Japan), EI would have won the championship... MS sure as hell didn't want EI taking the glory for Ferrari's first WDC in a long time, after all the work MS putting in getting them back in the game.

Not true.
      1. He would have tied in points with Mika
      2. Mika had five wins in '99, Eddie had four. Tiebreak to Mika. What's the second tiebreak, fastest laps? I don't know for sure.
      3.Schu started on the front row, Eddie started fifth. At what point in the race was Eddie even in any position to be near those guys? Especially considering he finished a minute and a half behind Schu.

5. 07-22-2008 05:42 PM #110
      Quote, originally posted by jdouble »

2. Mika had five wins in '99, Eddie had four. Tiebreak to Mika. What's the second tiebreak, fastest laps? I don't know for sure.

Too lazy to look it up but I think it's # of poles.

Vehicles
      12 Golf TDI, 00 GTI, 00 NB, 84 Scirocco, 80 Dasher
      07-22-2008 08:42 PM #111
      Quote, originally posted by isoprene »

Too lazy to look it up but I think it's # of poles.

Also who's got the longest pole sorry couldn't help it

7. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      07-23-2008 12:29 AM #112
      Quote, originally posted by atoson »

Also who's got the longest pole sorry couldn't help it

Uhmmmm, that would be a question for Adrian. Or, maybe his boyfriend Ham.....(Nah, better leave that one alone!)....

Form is temporary; Class is permanent

Vehicles
      04 GTI 1.8T, 08 Passat 2.0T
      07-28-2008 11:08 PM #113
      Quote, originally posted by wagen6 »

WTF was that ??? Piquet never had a chance??? that was arrogant imo... maybe if he had the car up to speed, he might of held him off... but anyway im happy for him, that strategy worked really well for renault... i hope there is more piquet on the podium

Not arrogant, just fact.
      inferior driver, inferior car.

Alonso in the same Renault would certainly have put up more of a fight.

I thought it was great to see Piquet up there too, however i do not see him replicating his fathers success.

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - RIP Marco Simoncelli.

Vehicles
      Is300
      07-29-2008 12:39 PM #114
      Quote, originally posted by Uk in NY »

Not arrogant, just fact.
      inferior driver, inferior car.

Alonso in the same Renault would certainly have put up more of a fight.

I thought it was great to see Piquet up there too, however i do not see him replicating his fathers success.

the only thing that made piquets drive worth mentioning was that it was amazing he didnt screw it up. keep in mind everyone he actually didnt pass nor outdrive anyone, he was just fortunate that the safety car and his fuel strategy worked together...

Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

10. 08-01-2008 12:31 AM #115
      Choppin is racin. Whats it called when you block the track during q3 in Monte Carlo?

11. Member
      Vehicles
      08-14-2008 12:43 AM #117
      That's a great article......Thanks!

Vehicles
      '13 Passat TDI - SOLD; Daily Driver '89 Cabriolet until ordered '15 GTI PP arrives!
      08-14-2008 10:47 PM #118
      So.....based on how much you enjoyed her story about him, does this mean that you'll be "switching sides" so to speak and becoming a Gerbalmeister, <oops>......I mean Hamstermeister?

13. Member
      Vehicles
      08-15-2008 05:31 PM #119
      Hahaha!!! Good one! Reminds me of when I went to see "Brokeback Mountain" (with a female) and on Monday morning, all the "macho" guys at the shop quietly were like: "So how was it?"

Vehicles
      '13 Passat TDI - SOLD; Daily Driver '89 Cabriolet until ordered '15 GTI PP arrives!
      09-08-2008 12:42 AM #120
      I'm going to take a slightly different approach to '08 Spagate. (I rhymed.)

I'm actually more ticked off that what one might argue was one of the best races in years has, in fact, had its final finishing order decided off the track.

What an incredible race! Let's all admit the fact that most of us were no more than 3 feet from our TVs for the final few laps. Unbelievable! Two great drivers going for broke. Neither one was "points racing." That was a true display of what racing should be about. Am I the only one that is curious to know what Kimi has to say about the incident?

On a side note: As a LH "fanboi", I wish the FIA had just gone ahead and DQ'd him. On second thought, that would have been waaaaaaaay too obvious.

Vehicles
      Mk5 Wabbit
      09-08-2008 10:09 AM #121
      Quote, originally posted by jsmyle1%@vw »

I'm actually more ticked off that what one might argue was one of the best races in years has, in fact, had its final finishing order decided off the track.

absolutely! One of the best races, yet one of the worst decisions.

What an incredible race! Let's all admit the fact that most of us were no more than 3 feet from our TVs for the final few laps. Unbelievable! Two great drivers going for broke. Neither one was "points racing." That was a true display of what racing should be about. Am I the only one that is curious to know what Kimi has to say about the incident?

seriously, it was amazing watching it live. but yes, i want to know what Massa has to say about that as well... besides "very strange". supposedly, he was not allowed to comment to media about this decision.

Vehicles
      which one this month?
      09-08-2008 10:27 AM #122
      I just read the article in the local newspaper, and couldnt believe that LH was stripped of his win. I AM NOT in anyways a LH fanboi, in fact, just the opposite. I have been a tifosi crazy long before the race even came to indy. However, taking the win away from LH because of his duel with Kimi in yesterday's race was just plain stupid. I woke my wife up when I was yelling at the tv in agonizing pain from watching Kimi hit the wall, and thought LH deserved the win just for the simple fact it took big nards to finish the race without him suffering the same fate as Kimi!! Whomever made that call to penalize LH 25 seconds needs to have a public stoning at the next race.
      That race was one of the most surprising, awesome, and amazing finishes I've seen in a LONG time, and talk about a real heartbreaker to the boys @ Ferrari...3 weeks in a row with possible big points finishes, gone!!
      Now if I could just figure out how to transfer the race from my DVR to my computer, so I can have this race on video forever.....
      Detroit Red Wings
      Miami Hurricanes
      Detroit Lions
      Indianapolis Colts

17. 09-08-2008 12:29 PM #123
      Quote, originally posted by kfzmeister »
      Hahaha!!! Good one! Reminds me of when I went to see "Brokeback Mountain" (with a female) and on Monday morning, all the "macho" guys at the shop quietly were like: "So how was it?"

I don't give a ratsazz!!! Ain't pums in this world that good for me to go see Brokeback Mountain!!!! NO MAN!!!!!

Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI - 2001 Kawasaki W650 - 1975 Yamaha RD350
      09-08-2008 04:31 PM #124
      Neither one was "points racing." That was a true display of what racing should be about.

Agreed. I say go back to the old points system...points for the top 6 only. I think many don't take into account that that is why some of the racing can be boring. People are coasting for points. Screw that. Winner take all. If you want to win the WDC, you are going to have to pass people. You aren't going to be able to float there with a string of top 2 and 3 finishes. Top 10 finishing is for stock car racing.

Oh - and all Grands Prix should be @ Spa-Francorchamps. I love watching the entire season year after year, but Spa is just SO MUCH OF A HIGH compared to the other circuits.

Modified by veedub87 at 8:32 PM 9-8-2008

19. 09-15-2008 12:53 PM #125
      http://www.petitiononline.com/....html

ha ha, these never work..

Vehicles
      12 Golf TDI, 00 GTI, 00 NB, 84 Scirocco, 80 Dasher
      09-15-2008 03:47 PM #126
      Is that the total population of England or the number of people that get wasted everyday in local pubs?

21. 09-15-2008 04:42 PM #127
      I'll be interested in seeing what happens next Monday; the 22nd when Lewis' appeal is heard.

If there isn't a rule on the books that says the penalty is a drive-through -or- 25 seconds, then it's going to be interesting. Given the corner cutting at Monza yesterday, the Fédération had better weigh this verrrrry carefully.

Vehicles
      11-01-2008 02:27 PM #128
      In the spirit of resurrecting threads from the dead......

...and with the end of the season upon us.....

...and the crowning of a 1st-time WDC....

...and for having a space......in advance......to quote from another thread......

I hope to have the last laugh courtesy of my good friend Kid.

Quote, originally posted by Kidstar »

Promise to buy you a RedStripe no matter what!

23. Member
      Vehicles
      11-01-2008 05:18 PM #129
      For cryin' out loud. Why can't you just leave this friggin' thread die out?
      All hell will break loose when hamilton chokes again tomorrow.lol

gwon my yoot!

Vehicles
      11-02-2008 03:19 PM #130

gwon my yoot!

O.K. You will. I'll let it die now.

25. 11-03-2008 08:46 AM #131

gwon my yoot!

Your boys lost fair and square.

Stan...

26. 11-03-2008 10:31 AM #132
      I am outraged about this. She is a harlot, and he can do better...

27. 11-03-2008 06:52 PM #133
      Quote, originally posted by vdubjb »
      I am outraged about this. She is a harlot, and he can do better...

But I'd still hit it!!!

A round on everyone eh...Cheers fellas

28. 11-03-2008 09:30 PM #134

A round on everyone eh...Cheers fellas

thanks! my turn this rounds on me

29. 11-04-2008 12:09 PM #135

thanks! my turn this rounds on me

Yup!!!

And a fitting closer on this season.... there's not redemption like revenge!

All these hooded re re's took a major splash in their own pools of poop!

Till January my dude....when we see BMW's attempt at faking it till they make it... Sorry Kubes, but prepare to have more impassioned talks with Mario....

30. 11-04-2008 12:42 PM #136
      How different things could have been had Toyota chosen not to leave their cars out on slicks...

It's been interesting watching Hamilton's career thus far and I cannot help but agree with the prospects for greater fun with Massa, Kubica, Vettel and the others. It's been bittersweet wondering how successful the silver arrows would have been without Stepney-gate or the obvious final corner fortune Hamilton found. I'll be tuned in next year for sure.

Vehicles
      Mk5 Wabbit
      11-04-2008 12:58 PM #137

Sorry Kubes, but prepare to have more impassioned talks with Mario....

x2.

Quote, originally posted by scotaku »
      How different things could have been had Toyota chosen not to leave their cars out on slicks...

none what so ever. They would have been running behind Hamilton if they had chosen to come in and change their tires to wet. They were about 20 secs slower and it takes much longer than that to come into the pits, do the stop and roll out.

32. 11-04-2008 03:17 PM #138
      Quote, originally posted by JettaDude101 »

x2.

none what so ever. They would have been running behind Hamilton if they had chosen to come in and change their tires to wet. They were about 20 secs slower and it takes much longer than that to come into the pits, do the stop and roll out.

On top of that, had it not rained at all at the end of the race, Hammy was set to finish fourth so really the "what ifs" really don't come in to play... this time!

Stan...

33. 11-04-2008 06:00 PM #139
      Not really sure I agree on either of those points. Like Monza, Vettel sprouted water wings on the sage decision to go to wets in time to catch the rest of the field wondering. This time though, all but Toyota caught on to the wisdom... had they done the same, I'm not sure Hamilton would have been near enough to the podium finishers to clinch. I very clearly saw Ham' get his car a bit sideways, on wets no less, out of Juncao (turn 13) with what turned out to be Glock struggling even more up ahead. It wasn't clear to me Glock's car wasn't one of the Force India's being lapped. When it became clear it was a Toyota, it took another half second to click they'd not come in for wets... and were trickling down the leaderboard like the rain itself. So while the what if's do not matter I'm hard pressed to wonder, pardon the repeat phrase, what if?

There is one what if that does still matter though... what if the FIA approves a spec engine? uke:

Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI - 2001 Kawasaki W650 - 1975 Yamaha RD350
      11-04-2008 06:42 PM #140
      Quote, originally posted by scotaku »

what if the FIA approves a spec engine? uke:

Then the FIA will realize that their decisions are as stupid as f*ck, because Ferrari will leave if spec engines are mandated. No question.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast