VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Geoff is bored, so here's a timeline....running. 56k grab a drink.

490K views 3K replies 163 participants last post by  .Mad Hatter. 
#1 · (Edited)
Index

page 1-the beginning, some DIYs, and delivery of the RCs
page 2-debadge
page 3-nothing special
page 4-discussion about dating young chicks...
page 5-front end love
page 6-BBS RCs on
page 7-interior LEDs in
page 8-white cluster LEDs in
page 9-headliner work begins...
page 10-headliner change of plans...purple it is
page 11-shots with a mkIII, RC p-shops
page 12-blah winter wheels and more purple stuff
page 13-the beginning of the 2009 auto-x season
page 14-R comps and coils
page 15-my first "low" pics
page 16-new knob...
page 17-more auto-x and a timing belt
page 18-handling upgrades and a vid
page 19-yet more auto-x and more vids
page 20-an audi meet and the beginning of body work
page 21-slightly lower and wet shots
page 22-more p-shops...
page 23-spacers on the winter wheels
page 24-not much...a random winter shot
page 25-spacers and pondering my next wheel choice
page 26-greetings from Florida
page 27-some pics from FL, and the RFs are in my possession
page 28-more RF love
page 29-parts for the RFs, were getting close
page 30-teasers of some body work...
page 31-bodywork complete, wheels complete, turbo arrives
page 32-drama with the RF's...
page 33-RF's are off, CH's are on
page 34-Elim install
page 35-car is off for tuning at AST
page 36-front bumper back on, plus a legit rolling shot
page 37-H20i 2010 pics
page 38-Wheel discussion, gauges, and pictures
page 39-The last summer/fall shots, the beginning of Boxster brakes, and pink wheels
page 40-Pruple (aka red :confused:) brakes
page 41-BOV bitches!
page 42-I revisit an old tiny project, and I photoshop some wheels
page 43-Fun in the snow
page 44-BBS set #4/2011 wheels are picked up
page 45-Highway fun with a stock 12v VR :laugh:
page 46-RX's are back from powder...white powder ;)
page 47-AEM cone filter and a mkII
page 48-White wheels are on...
page 49-More wheel shots, and a vid
page 50-Another roller...and the carnival is in town
page 51-Some engine bay re-freshing
page 52-The first show pics of 2011
page 53-A fun little video
page 54-H20i; here we come!
page 55-Scraped Crusaders + Ivy League East
page 56-2012's wheels; BBS for a change
page 57-LM's revealed
page 58-wheel talk, PCV pt.1
page 59-PCV pt.2
page 60-a short vid. and some new bay shots
page 61-LM's with tires
page 62-the final touches for spring 2012!
page 63-LM test fit and 2.0 coils
page 64-LM's on
page 65-Talk about selling...
page 66-Engine bay and a twin LM photo
page 67-A pic from a parking garage
page 68-bleh about maintenance
page 69-Mounts and pics!
page 70-The first couple shows of the year

I am extremely bored, and Ill be up bright and early to drive down to upstate NY to pick up my new wheels. I figured I would start a thread that shows all that Ive done to the car. Although most of it is relatively un-interesting...I dont really care

Plus, I realized that last week was my 1 year anniversary with the B5. http://****************.com/smile/emgift.gif
I have some plans for over the winter so I will try to keep this updated/have enough money to make more changes.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
When i got the car it had already had a few updates; HID's, GIAC 91 oct. chip, and a Remus muffler. The ride height was stock, and the 97 sport model never came with sport suspension....

Terrifying.
The very first thing i did was buy a new DV.

Here it is with the facelift tails and the summer wheels. At the same time I got the tails i put on a facelift shift knob.

Updated the spark plugs to NGK BKR7E's, they run great in the warmer weather. Also installed a snub mount, great little purchase if youre looking for something that wont run you alot of $
Bought an ECS N75 race valve (H equivelant), it works great for me, others have had issues though.

Next was a great score from the classifieds, 3" ATP test pipe. This thing was an absolute whore to install, mostly because I think I made it harder for myself.

Next, I did a VDO in vent boost gauge. This topic already has a whole thread dedicated to it by me so Ill just post a link and one pic

My write up

ECS stainless lines came next...no pics for that, fairly straight forward. I also picked up the OEM sport suspension for really cheap, so i put that on as well. All the pictures at the bottom show the ride height.
Next I decided to paint my interior door handles flat black after some discussion regarding the RS4 door handles.
My write up

Because I was probably very bored, and had no money, I decided to make a small change to my wheels by painting the caps the same flat black.

I painted my grille surround flat black, which I actually didnt mind, it chipped though, and I fell in love with the badgeless look, so a month later i got one.(FK)

At the same time I cleared my corners, shortly after I purchased Stealth Bulbs, and I couldnt be happier with them. I also got a sweet deal on some brand new Valeo lower fogs. Match that to a vvme HID/yellow lamin-x kit and you have a pretty affordable, very sexy front end.

The most recent update was an ebay shortshifter, kinda tricky to install on the pre facelift cars, but worth it in the long run.

Ive got a perf. leather shift boot on the way, a 6 disc CD changer in my closet, and 4 17" BBS RC's in NY waiting for me. Other than that Im pretty much done this season, I have plans to lower the car once I get some money from the good old tax man earlier in the new year.
Once funds permit I have interior plans, the standard S4 headliner is of course in the books, but I have something else planned that i have yet to see on a B5...or any Audi for that matter.
Im all about OEM, which is why the RC's work so well for me, because Im also all about BBS. I try to keep everything looking...not stock, but like it could have come from the factory that way, nah mean?
Some of my better pics at current. At some point over this last summer I also Dbagded the rear...Im thinking about losing the rings though.

My all time favorite picture of this car.

See less See more
#554 ·
Re: (99.5blacka4)

Quote, originally posted by 99.5blacka4 »
nic and i are both running them at the moment.
i felt the car had a quicker response between shifts when i went from my EvoMS DV to the 004. The only thing I dont like but live with, is the very small black puff between every shift while in boost

quicker response as is quicker spool after each shift? hmmm, which spring?
Quote, originally posted by kish0000 »
look at this sexy beast. lookin fantastic sir

thanks brosky, had to step my game up sooner or later.

#555 ·
i bought it used and the guy put in the green spring i think.. either green or yellow, which ever is for 20psi i think he said..
quicker as in, when you shift, it goes right back into spooling, where as my EvoMS DV it seemed there was always a lag.. not sure if it was just me or what

#556 ·
Re: (99.5blacka4)

oh cool i thought you were saying that the 004 was the valve causing the delay.
damn, now i want it more.

#562 ·
Re: FV-QR (verb.move)

hells yes, i love the feel of my new knob in my hands

#566 ·
Re: FV-QR (AEB A4)

Quote, originally posted by AEB A4 »
do they notice the size and weight difference?

theyre usually too drunk to really notice.

#571 ·
Re: FV-QR (Lazer Viking)

Quote, originally posted by Lazer Viking »

and too young to know what else is available ?

why do you think i go after blind chicks?

#572 ·
Re: FV-QR (.Mad Hatter.)

a couple from the weekend...there is alot more body roll than i expected, the car felt tight as hell though.

#574 ·

ya no kidding, yesterday was pouring rain so im not sure how much video or pictures were taken...heres the rain, it was light here:

ps- dialed in brand new civic SI's are FAST AS BALLS!
spots 1 and 2 went to them (i was behind then in 3rd until the last run), 1st place was 4 seconds faster than me on a 50-55 second course

#576 ·

hell ya man i ride dirty as ****!

nah, theyre on magnets, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.