Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 81 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Geoff is bored, so here's a timeline....running. 56k grab a drink.

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-22-2007 09:22 PM #1
      Index

page 1-the beginning, some DIYs, and delivery of the RCs
      page 2-debadge
      page 3-nothing special
      page 4-discussion about dating young chicks...
      page 5-front end love
      page 6-BBS RCs on
      page 7-interior LEDs in
      page 8-white cluster LEDs in
      page 9-headliner work begins...
      page 10-headliner change of plans...purple it is
      page 11-shots with a mkIII, RC p-shops
      page 12-blah winter wheels and more purple stuff
      page 13-the beginning of the 2009 auto-x season
      page 14-R comps and coils
      page 15-my first "low" pics
      page 16-new knob...
      page 17-more auto-x and a timing belt
      page 18-handling upgrades and a vid
      page 19-yet more auto-x and more vids
      page 20-an audi meet and the beginning of body work
      page 21-slightly lower and wet shots
      page 22-more p-shops...
      page 23-spacers on the winter wheels
      page 24-not much...a random winter shot
      page 25-spacers and pondering my next wheel choice
      page 26-greetings from Florida
      page 27-some pics from FL, and the RFs are in my possession
      page 28-more RF love
      page 29-parts for the RFs, were getting close
      page 30-teasers of some body work...
      page 31-bodywork complete, wheels complete, turbo arrives
      page 32-drama with the RF's...
      page 33-RF's are off, CH's are on
      page 34-Elim install
      page 35-car is off for tuning at AST
      page 36-front bumper back on, plus a legit rolling shot
      page 37-H20i 2010 pics
      page 38-Wheel discussion, gauges, and pictures
      page 39-The last summer/fall shots, the beginning of Boxster brakes, and pink wheels
      page 40-Pruple (aka red ) brakes
      page 41-BOV bitches!
      page 42-I revisit an old tiny project, and I photoshop some wheels
      page 43-Fun in the snow
      page 44-BBS set #4/2011 wheels are picked up
      page 45-Highway fun with a stock 12v VR
      page 46-RX's are back from powder...white powder
      page 47-AEM cone filter and a mkII
      page 48-White wheels are on...
      page 49-More wheel shots, and a vid
      page 50-Another roller...and the carnival is in town
      page 51-Some engine bay re-freshing
      page 52-The first show pics of 2011
      page 53-A fun little video
      page 54-H20i; here we come!
      page 55-Scraped Crusaders + Ivy League East
      page 56-2012's wheels; BBS for a change
      page 57-LM's revealed
      page 58-wheel talk, PCV pt.1
      page 59-PCV pt.2
      page 60-a short vid. and some new bay shots
      page 61-LM's with tires
      page 62-the final touches for spring 2012!
      page 63-LM test fit and 2.0 coils
      page 64-LM's on
      page 65-Talk about selling...
      page 66-Engine bay and a twin LM photo
      page 67-A pic from a parking garage
      page 68-bleh about maintenance
      page 69-Mounts and pics!
      page 70-The first couple shows of the year

I am extremely bored, and Ill be up bright and early to drive down to upstate NY to pick up my new wheels. I figured I would start a thread that shows all that Ive done to the car. Although most of it is relatively un-interesting...I dont really care

Plus, I realized that last week was my 1 year anniversary with the B5.

I have some plans for over the winter so I will try to keep this updated/have enough money to make more changes.

When i got the car it had already had a few updates; HID's, GIAC 91 oct. chip, and a Remus muffler. The ride height was stock, and the 97 sport model never came with sport suspension....

Terrifying.

The very first thing i did was buy a new DV.

Here it is with the facelift tails and the summer wheels. At the same time I got the tails i put on a facelift shift knob.

Updated the spark plugs to NGK BKR7E's, they run great in the warmer weather. Also installed a snub mount, great little purchase if youre looking for something that wont run you alot of $

Bought an ECS N75 race valve (H equivelant), it works great for me, others have had issues though.

Next was a great score from the classifieds, 3" ATP test pipe. This thing was an absolute whore to install, mostly because I think I made it harder for myself.

Next, I did a VDO in vent boost gauge. This topic already has a whole thread dedicated to it by me so Ill just post a link and one pic
      My write up

ECS stainless lines came next...no pics for that, fairly straight forward. I also picked up the OEM sport suspension for really cheap, so i put that on as well. All the pictures at the bottom show the ride height.

Next I decided to paint my interior door handles flat black after some discussion regarding the RS4 door handles.
      My write up

Because I was probably very bored, and had no money, I decided to make a small change to my wheels by painting the caps the same flat black.

I painted my grille surround flat black, which I actually didnt mind, it chipped though, and I fell in love with the badgeless look, so a month later i got one.(FK)

At the same time I cleared my corners, shortly after I purchased Stealth Bulbs, and I couldnt be happier with them. I also got a sweet deal on some brand new Valeo lower fogs. Match that to a vvme HID/yellow lamin-x kit and you have a pretty affordable, very sexy front end.

The most recent update was an ebay shortshifter, kinda tricky to install on the pre facelift cars, but worth it in the long run.

Ive got a perf. leather shift boot on the way, a 6 disc CD changer in my closet, and 4 17" BBS RC's in NY waiting for me. Other than that Im pretty much done this season, I have plans to lower the car once I get some money from the good old tax man earlier in the new year.

Once funds permit I have interior plans, the standard S4 headliner is of course in the books, but I have something else planned that i have yet to see on a B5...or any Audi for that matter.

Im all about OEM, which is why the RC's work so well for me, because Im also all about BBS. I try to keep everything looking...not stock, but like it could have come from the factory that way, nah mean?

Some of my better pics at current. At some point over this last summer I also Dbagded the rear...Im thinking about losing the rings though.

My all time favorite picture of this car.

Last edited by .Mad Hatter.; 01-17-2013 at 03:01 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by futur View Post
      who is fastest? if you guys didn't find out, what were you doing instead? patching floors? #mk3 #lulz # POR15 #umadbro #supercharger #thatsalottospendforjust8psi #justthetip #justkidding #noimnot
      podi.ca
      Scraped.Crusaders. l the.final.offset l flickr

Vehicles
      too many audis
      12-22-2007 09:32 PM #2
      sound clip of remus on 1.8t ?
      im also glad to see mine isnt the only vdo that looks a bit faded towards the bottom

, i wasnt even aware you had that much stuff done to your car

then again i forget half the **** i have on my car

3. 12-22-2007 09:39 PM #3
      I like

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-22-2007 09:48 PM #4
      Quote, originally posted by Lazer Viking »
      sound clip of remus on 1.8t ?
      im also glad to see mine isnt the only vdo that looks a bit faded towards the bottom

I have 2 clips, 1 is uploading, so Ill post post links to both when I get them up.

Quote, originally posted by Lazer Viking »
      , i wasnt even aware you had that much stuff done to your car

Thanks, thats kinda what Im after.

who is fastest? if you guys didn't find out, what were you doing instead? patching floors? #mk3 #lulz # POR15 #umadbro #supercharger #thatsalottospendforjust8psi #justthetip #justkidding #noimnot
      podi.ca

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-22-2007 10:26 PM #5
      youtube is being a bitch, so this is the only one I have right now. The mic. isnt the best, I really should get some new vids.

This is with the TP, the other vid is not(when i get it uploaded.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQpfSUpphMk

podi.ca

Vehicles
      too many audis
      12-22-2007 10:36 PM #6
      thanks, i think im still gonna go with magnaflow.. i was hoping the remus would sound like it does on the 2.7t, 2.8, and vr6

wishful thinking out of my 4 banger

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-22-2007 10:41 PM #7
      Ya, and its only a muffler. It was on the car when I got it, I want an APR catback...one day

This other video sucks equally as much. I will get some better clips up shortly.

Sans the 3" TP

Modified by kollisioncourse at 11:13 PM 12/22/2007

podi.ca

Vehicles
      allroad
      12-22-2007 11:38 PM #8
      Quote, originally posted by kollisioncourse »
      I have plans to lower the car once I get some money from the good old tax man earlier in the new year.

when i first read this i thought it said you were going to paint the lowers and i was shocked! but then i realized it was you, re-read it, and realized that was not at all what it said.

Quote »

Once funds permit I have interior plans, the standard S4 headliner is of course in the books, but I have something else planned that i have yet to see on a B5...or any Audi for that matter.

IIRC, the S4 headliner will not fit in your car because the S4 is based off of the Facelift A4, meaning it has airbags in places yours doesnt and other junk. i dont think it will fit.
      i do know that you can use pieces from it, like I am on my black headliner(eg. oh **** handles, visors, etc etc)

good luck with it.

btw, nice writeup. you have quite a few mods that are on my little list of things to do. keep on moddin'

ps. the RC's will be hot. cant wait to see them

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-22-2007 11:44 PM #9
      Thanks for the info on the headliner...now that you mention that it makes sense. I hadnt really looked into it, its just that the other stuff I want to do will look much better if the headliner is black.

I will keep my eyes open for the pieces that do fit though. What route are you going for the part that cannot be swapped?

Other mods for the interior that I want include refinished seat inserts and door inserts, the perf. boot like i mentioned, continue to black out the chrome, perf. leather wrap for the wheel...speaking of which; can I use a mkI TT or B5 RS4 airbag in my existing wheel? Or do I have to get a B6 wheel and then use a TT airbag? (a la tighTT)

Also, as you can see from the pic. of the shifter, the paint job I did on the ring didnt turn out so well. Actually, it did, until I unscrewed the knob. Serves me right for not sanding it at all . So that will be repainted, and im thinking VHT nighshade or something similiar for the quattro badge, e-brake lever, and rings on the wheel (until I decide what Im doing with that.)

Modified by kollisioncourse at 11:47 PM 12/22/2007

podi.ca

Vehicles
      allroad
      12-23-2007 12:01 AM #10
      re the headliner:
      -I have purchased all of the visors(inc. the mini middle one), oh **** handles, and the sunroof shade from an S4.
      -what I plan on getting from an S4:sunroof/dome light controls from a prefacelift european S4(via ebay.de) and maybe the domelights in the very back(might just paint them black if i cant find any)
      -what I want to get but am not sure of the fitment: B and C pillars
      -non OEM stuff i need: black fabric that is very OEM-like, and some other stuff that I am not going to share its going to be a secret until it is done.

I dont think that B6/TT/RS4 airbags fit in our steering wheels. i think you need to use their respective wheels.

I like the black-out theme you have going...very similar to my plans.
      oh by the way, what about instead of taking off your rings on the rear, if you just painted them black?

when money permits I have my own little plans for the quattro badge.
      I would get the waistline trim from a non-quattro A4(trim without the quattro badge) have it done in carbon fiber.
      then on the passenger side of the front trim I would have the quattro script painted on in black, but big so that it is almost as tall as the trim.

Modified by verb.move at 10:05 PM 12-22-2007

Modified by verb.move at 10:07 PM 12-22-2007

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-23-2007 12:13 AM #11
      Im going to have to have my 'source' keep his eyes open for the S4 parts that I am able to use I guess, and try to figure something else out for the headliner.

As for the rear rings, I thought about doing them black, I just havent decided yet. I have to take them off either way, so Ill see how I like it when theyre off and go from there.

re: steering wheels, the only ones I know are compatable are the B6 wheel and TT airbag. tighTT is running that setup over on AZ, and his is wrapped exactly how I want mine...essentially, I want his wheel, lol. Maybe Ill pick his brain

Modified by kollisioncourse at 12:15 AM 12/23/2007

podi.ca

12. 12-23-2007 12:45 AM #12
      ive had mine for a year too.
      Nov 30th...

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-23-2007 05:21 AM #13
      Ugh...why am I awake so early?

Wish me luck that the border isnt too busy today...Im expecting some delays, Id just prefer not to spend 2 hours there.

I will have pics of the wheels up tomorrow morning hopefully.

podi.ca

Vehicles
      00 s4 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee
      12-23-2007 06:56 AM #14
      looks good

Vehicles
      '01.5 b5 a4; '09 outback sport
      12-23-2007 10:42 AM #15
      awesome thread bro, the car is looking awesome as usual

and it sounds real nice too, keep this thread updated. i plan to make one like this in a bit too

16. 12-23-2007 10:55 AM #16
      Very nice! It is hard to believe that in one month i will have had my car for a year. It seems like it was just yesterday when i was test driving it lol.

Great looking a4

Vehicles
      98 A4 2.8QM Avant - 91 miata
      12-23-2007 02:07 PM #17
      Quote, originally posted by kish0000 »
      awesome thread bro, the car is looking awesome as usual

and it sounds real nice too, keep this thread updated. i plan to make one like this in a bit too

x 2, i love your car man super duper clean, one of my role models for a few reasons, keep it up

i'll be making one in a few weeks as well

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-23-2007 03:15 PM #18
      Thanks all for the kind words guys, as stock-ish as she is, I still love her

Alexs, I cant wait to see similiar threads from you guys

Got the RC's today, man these things are clean, part of me wants to leave them as is....but thats not going to happen.

edit: I did buy 4 with 4 caps, just didnt have too much room, plus the fact that its pissing rain doesnt help.

Modified by kollisioncourse at 3:17 PM 12/23/2007

podi.ca

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-23-2007 03:30 PM #19
      Another thread sparked my interest about this; where is my cluster from?

Someone said it was not a 97 cluster, but its obviously not a '00 '01 cluster because it is entirely red.

The guy who I bought the wheels from had a 99.5 avant, and he had the old style cluster...like older than mine, so Im confused, that doesnt leave any other model years, lol.

podi.ca

20. 12-23-2007 04:37 PM #20
      Very nice!

Cant wait to see them on your car.

21. 12-23-2007 05:07 PM #21
      Those wheels are definitely super clean.

Vehicles
      '01.5 b5 a4; '09 outback sport
      12-23-2007 06:05 PM #22
      those wheels are going to look awesome

your gauge cluster must be from a 99.75. haha but in all seriousness i don't know where your cluster originated, maybe its a flannel wearing canadian thing

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-23-2007 06:17 PM #23
      Quote, originally posted by kish0000 »
      maybe its a flannel wearing canadian thing

I like this, when/if I part with the car Im listing this as a unique interior option.

Now that I think about the wheels, Im not sure whether I like it better with the caps on, or if Id like it better with some smaller BBS caps (these were custom made by a guy in the 337 forum...maybe Ill try to track some down )

How badass do they look in silver on the black wheels!?!?! Maybe Ill do this with the most blinged out chrome lugs bolts I can find. hahaha...well see.

Modified by unorthodoksa4 at 8:37 AM 4/6/2008

podi.ca

Vehicles
      too many audis
      12-23-2007 09:23 PM #24
      i think i like the flat black better...

i've been contemplating running my celebrations sans caps

Vehicles
      2010 S4 Prestige, 1999 TJ 4.0, 2010 A4 P+ (Hers)
      12-23-2007 09:28 PM #25
      T

Lucky SOB. I want a black set of those real bad.

VAG COM services available, send a PM | Join the VWVortex Folding@Home team... save the world | Current Rides: 2010 S4 Prestige, 1999 TJ 4.0 Sport (It's FOR SALE, click here.) | Old Rides: 2001.5 A4 1.8TQMS GTRS, 1997 TJ 4.0 Sport, 1990 Corrado g60 StageIV | Lounging in a field with 726 sweater cows

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-23-2007 10:28 PM #26
      Quote, originally posted by robbyb413 »

Lucky SOB. I want a black set of those real bad.

they will be painted shortly, i was going to go gloss...but based on the pic of those flat black RC's i postes just above...i may go flat, lol

podi.ca

27. Member
      Vehicles
      96 2.0 jetta sc, 03 gti, 91 gli, 01 a4, 2012 GOLF R
      12-24-2007 12:51 AM #27
      love this car. lovethe pics too.

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-24-2007 03:05 PM #28
      Just picked these up, like I said, Im going to get some chrome lug bolts also.

podi.ca

Vehicles
      allroad
      12-24-2007 03:55 PM #29
      Just picked these up, like I said, Im going to get some chrome lug bolts also.

you filthy bastard....those are sick!

cant wait to see the final product.

this makes me want to do some ebay.de shopping, haha.

12-24-2007 04:01 PM #30
      Your going to paint over a incredible perfect finish like that.

Your crazy, haha. I think they would be so dope staying silver.

Empty.

Vehicles
      98 A4 2.8QM Avant - 91 miata
      12-24-2007 04:25 PM #31
      Quote, originally posted by Gti.1love.1life »
      Your going to paint over a incredible perfect finish like that.

Your crazy, haha. I think they would be so dope staying silver.

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-24-2007 04:34 PM #32
      Like I said, Im almost tempted to keep them as is. The finish isnt perfect, probably an 8 or 9. If my car wasnt silver, I would likely keep them the color they are....I just really like black wheels

Modified by unorthodoksa4 at 8:38 AM 4/6/2008

podi.ca

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      12-24-2007 09:07 PM #33
      Jesus, Ive put more stuff on this car in the last week than I have all year

My shift boot came today, got it from redline goods

Same place I got the boot for my rocco, this one is 1" shorter to accomodate the short shifter.

podi.ca

34. 12-24-2007 09:54 PM #34
      im so stoked to see these..that gli is awesome

Vehicles
      too many audis
      12-24-2007 09:56 PM #35
      i wish my car had black interior.. i have so many idea's of things to do.. but nothing matches my "clay" bull**** interior

Page 1 of 81 123451151 ... LastLast