VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Hondas?

Vehicles
      2015 Forester, 2014 Jetta, 2004 R32
      01-06-2008 11:23 PM #76
      Quote, originally posted by WhiteSlipsWithStickers »
      Gotta start somewhere man, here is a pic of what my car looked like the day I brought her home.

looks a lot like what i've got sitting in the driveway right now

Vehicles
      '02 Accord Coupe V6 EX
      01-06-2008 11:27 PM #77
      Love the engine bay. So clean its "lickable".
      Quote Originally Posted by notavwfan View Post
      Honda Accord... they think they're FWD race car drivers and will ride your ass hard.

3. 01-07-2008 11:38 AM #78
      Quote, originally posted by nachtmusik »
      looks a lot like what i've got sitting in the driveway right now

It looked like that for about ten minutes haha.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      01-07-2008 11:41 AM #79

Looks like the first 'real car" I bought after college, a slightly used 93 Civic HB DX.

5. 01-07-2008 11:47 AM #80
      Quote, originally posted by VDUBber91 »
      Love the engine bay. So clean its "lickable".

Thanks man, I have a lot of hours in something most people never see haha.

6. 01-07-2008 11:53 AM #81
      i used to be a die hard honda lover since i was a little kid. my dad is a honda collector, he own from honda fit to odyssey (not US minivan version). i had two hondas, one accord and the other is civic, from the same year. recently i traded in my accord for a jetta, and from now on i swear i wouldn't drive a car other than european cars . now i'm trying to get rid of my civic for another mkiv GTI

Modified by plumers at 8:54 AM 1-7-2008

7. 01-07-2008 11:58 AM #82
      Quote, originally posted by Gvr4-330 »
      [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/TheGSRGuy/100_1462.jpg[/img]

The craftsmanship is amazing BTW: http://www.honda-tech.com/zero...age=1
      Rob

Modified by Gvr4-330 at 5:56 AM 1-2-2008

i know that guy his name is dave and had the pleasure of meeting him when we ha a meet at for an integra car club at VIR. the level of craftmanship on that car is amazing. and everything on that car serves a purpose. His car was even featured in SCC and he did all of the work himself from frabricating a new frame to painting, to actually read and see him do all the work was uterly amazing to say the least.

Vehicles
      90 Corrado G60, 15 Jetta HL 5MT
      01-07-2008 12:01 PM #83
      I'm down with your car except the wheels. Tasteful. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I missed the picture of the calendar girl

9. 01-07-2008 12:14 PM #84
      Quote, originally posted by plumers »
      i used to be a die hard honda lover since i was a little kid. my dad is a honda collector, he own from honda fit to odyssey (not US minivan version). i had two hondas, one accord and the other is civic, from the same year. recently i traded in my accord for a jetta, and from now on i swear i wouldn't drive a car other than european cars . now i'm trying to get rid of my civic for another mkiv GTI

Modified by plumers at 8:54 AM 1-7-2008

Does your dad hate you now haha?? I have thought about getting a golf to go along with my civic as a daily, but I just can't stray from what I know so well. I would have to relearn everything that took me several years to learn.
      Quote, originally posted by VeeDubScott »
      I'm down with your car except the wheels. Tasteful. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I missed the picture of the calendar girl

Yeah, I exceeded the bandwidth on my photo****bucket account. I agree the wheels are a bit in your face, but I am getting used to them.

Vehicles
      '91 964, '93 525i, '05 GTI
      01-07-2008 12:30 PM #85
      I like your civic a lot. To tell you the truth, if it weren't for all the distasteful ones out there, Honda's wouldn't have such a bad rep.
      I like how your car is put together, the wheels are a little much, but they fit in. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

11. 01-07-2008 12:39 PM #86
      Quote, originally posted by dubjager »
      I like your civic a lot. To tell you the truth, if it weren't for all the distasteful ones out there, Honda's wouldn't have such a bad rep.
      I like how your car is put together, the wheels are a little much, but they fit in. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Thanks man. I guess as many parts that are available for hondas has ruined things for us and if you type in honda civic on ebay you will get too many results to display. I think the biggest problem with most hondas is the availability of horrible parts. I used to think the cheaper the better on parts, but we all have to learn the hard way.

Vehicles
      '91 964, '93 525i, '05 GTI
      01-07-2008 12:46 PM #87
      Thanks man. I guess as many parts that are available for hondas has ruined things for us and if you type in honda civic on ebay you will get too many results to display. I think the biggest problem with most hondas is the availability of horrible parts. I used to think the cheaper the better on parts, but we all have to learn the hard way.

Indeed. I've been seeing more and more hondas that are, in my opinion, tastefully modded. That said I am a fan of euro styling, but jdm is nice too.
      I and I believe many others, are not a fan of idiotic mods, i.e. big wings and other mods of that sort. They don't look good on Honda's nor VWs or any other brand.

13. 01-07-2008 01:08 PM #88
      Quote, originally posted by 99glsdude »
      i know that guy his name is dave and had the pleasure of meeting him when we ha a meet at for an integra car club at VIR. the level of craftmanship on that car is amazing. and everything on that car serves a purpose. His car was even featured in SCC and he did all of the work himself from frabricating a new frame to painting, to actually read and see him do all the work was uterly amazing to say the least.

Here is a link to the thread on honda-tech that outlines the build of this car. Simply amazing work.
      http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=981613

Vehicles
      '04 Jetta 1.8T Modded
      01-07-2008 01:22 PM #89
      Quote, originally posted by techmonkey »
      Since this is TCL and every car that's ever existed has already been posted, maybe we just shouldn't post pics of any cars any more.

Oh, then excuse me. I thought this was about posting pics of an unassuming, ugly, plain vehicle. Hence the reason I never posted any pics of my car.

15. 01-07-2008 02:17 PM #90
      Quote, originally posted by Dr.AK »
      Boo to hating on other brands. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]
      I like VW, I like Hondas, I like everything with wheels.. well, almost everything.

Thats how I feel. My father used to own a Ginster Yellow VR and I have always been a fan of VW's and Euro cars but I own a '07 Civic Si and before that a '98 Integra GSR.

New Jersey is a pretty bad area for Honda theft and from what I've seen a lot of the guys in Jersey that drive modded Hondas are pretty "thug" looking.

You got that right...
      Part of the reason why I got rid of my GSR, and I live in a nice area of NJ.
      Quote, originally posted by Q- »
      Oh, then excuse me. I thought this was about posting pics of an unassuming, ugly, plain vehicle. Hence the reason I never posted any pics of my car.

Dude, ****!
      I don't even know what your car looks like, but I know anyone posting threads with links to nasty Ebay headlights has no right to talk.
      My current car...I'm dt98gsr on HT.

and my boy's accord.

16. 01-07-2008 03:12 PM #91
      Holy Crap! That forum moves! Just looking at the appearance/cosmetic forum on the first page, there are at least 3 threads over 1000 pages. Plenty more approaching 1k pages.

Vehicles
      2009 Fit, 1972 CB750 K2
      01-07-2008 03:25 PM #92
      Nice looking EG [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I like those cars quite a bit, too bad some of its owners give it such a negative image
      █ ♣ █ + | Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape... every nerve aware

Vehicles
      20v coupe
      01-07-2008 03:47 PM #93
      Quote, originally posted by GoKart_16v »
      Isn't this more of a Euro style Honda nowadays?

this is the sex... im a vw enthusiast through and through but i just made one of the other pictures of this hatch one of the slides in my screen saver the lastnight while browsing snapriot [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]...

19. 01-07-2008 05:38 PM #94
      Quote, originally posted by NJGTIVR6 »
      My current car...I'm dt98gsr on HT.

and my boy's accord.

I've seen your car and your homie's car. Both look great and the pictures you take are flawless. Thanks for chiming in.
      Quote, originally posted by Q- »

Always one or more huge douchebags on each forum I guess.
      Quote, originally posted by axe »
      Nice looking EG [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I like those cars quite a bit, too bad some of its owners give it such a negative image

Thanks, wish it wasn't that way, but it's true. All the EG owners in my area are either Mexicans who can't speak english for me to know if they are cool or not or ricers w/ beat up EGs. Not very many EG's in the midwest that I like and definitely not in Oklahoma City.

Quote, originally posted by ESBVWs »
      this is the sex... im a vw enthusiast through and through but i just made one of the other pictures of this hatch one of the slides in my screen saver the lastnight while browsing snapriot [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]...

The thing that's cool is all he did was mirrors, lip, headlights, lower it and throw some wheels on it. Tadda a clean car that turns heads. That color is factory too.

01-07-2008 05:56 PM #95
      Quote, originally posted by German Toys »
      as much as I want to like modified honda's, In my area they are driven by people who I never want to be associated with or profiled as. Not to mention they are stolen more than any higher end car.
      Newark Top Ten Most Stolen Vehicles - first 4-5 are hondas.

Tell me about it.
      My ITR lasted 2 weeks
      Now just like you I don't want to be associated with the kind of people driving hondas around here.

21. 01-07-2008 05:58 PM #96
      Quote, originally posted by SlowMotion »
      Tell me about it.
      My ITR lasted 2 weeks
      Now just like you I don't want to be associated with the kind of people driving hondas around here.

My old civic almost got jacked twice (kill switches saved me) and my new one doesn't see the light of day or night for that matter unless I'm in it or staring at it.

Vehicles
      '12 Eos Komfort '02 Cabrio GLX
      01-07-2008 08:43 PM #97
      I personally am a big fan of cleanly modded Hondas. I wish I would have kept my EJ8 a little bit longer so I could have had some fun with that.
      Every cool Honda owner/modder I have met is a big VW fan,I feel the same. I'd love to build up another EJ8 or a little CRX. One day.
      Here's a few shots of my buddies '94 coupe/racecar project that I painted for him. It's complete now,I don't have any good shots of it yet complete

Unfortuately these are the only decent ones I have on this computer.

01-07-2008 09:52 PM #98
      bubbles have always been my favorite hondas

24. 01-07-2008 10:16 PM #99
      Quote, originally posted by PzwoTDI »
      I personally am a big fan of cleanly modded Hondas. I wish I would have kept my EJ8 a little bit longer so I could have had some fun with that.
      Every cool Honda owner/modder I have met is a big VW fan,I feel the same. I'd love to build up another EJ8 or a little CRX. One day.
      Here's a few shots of my buddies '94 coupe/racecar project that I painted for him. It's complete now,I don't have any good shots of it yet complete
      Unfortuately these are the only decent ones I have on this computer.

I remember seeing that car somewhere I think. See if you can find some finished pics, looks sick. Is it the green off the new CRV and Element?

Vehicles
      '12 Eos Komfort '02 Cabrio GLX
      01-07-2008 10:43 PM #100
      I remember seeing that car somewhere I think. See if you can find some finished pics, looks sick. Is it the green off the new CRV and Element?

You prob have,I know he frequents the honda boards. His brother & him built/owned some sick stuff.I was happy to lend a hand on this one. I am proud of my work.. not show car quality,I never buffed it or anything,but for a 1 day job. It looks awesome.
      I got to get completed pics.. it's a neat little coupe.
      The color is Kiwi Green Pearl, off the 06 and up Honda Element

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast