Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could mod perfecction?

Vehicles
      01 S4, 90 90Q, 96 Golf
      09-30-2009 07:50 PM #71
      Quote, originally posted by BananaHands2.0T »

you sir dont know much about this car do you?

there are 2 keys one for the main iginition which only uses i believe two turbos and gives xxxx hp out then on the side of the seat by the driver door sill there is a second key hole where u put your SECOND key and this activates some more turbos lowers it a little does some transformer ****. thats how u get w/e 1000 hp. look up ur info before giving out bs.

lol Teapot calling the kettle black. "Activating" the turbos? rofl. The second key lowers the car and locks the rear spoiler shut. Its not "how you get 1000 hp", it is how you get the aerodynamics to achieve the maximum speed.

Doesn't anyone watch top gear anymore? When Jeremy Clarkson was racing the Bugatti against James and Richard, you can see a few parts where the car clearly was producing 1000 hp. (the gauge on the dash.)

They also explain about the second key in a later episode.

Vehicles
      2013 Tiguan S 4motion
      09-30-2009 11:20 PM #72
      the second key changes the ecu programming.. to make things easy. everyone can consider it ""chipping"" the car. it changes the timing and fueling tables. none of that activating the other 2 turbos. all 4 turbos are spoolin all the time.
      Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
      the answer to your question: Another veyron with a freer flowing exhaust and 4 gt30 turbos

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      10-05-2009 09:36 AM #73
      id just put bigger turbos on, and 16 forged pistons

then again, they probably already are

THE CBOX KREW
      There's always time for a GI Joe orgy

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      10-05-2009 04:36 PM #74
      Quote »
      another thing,8 litre motor with only 1000hp.wtf...u dont need an 8 ltr to make 1000hp....you could technically do that with a 2 ltr...so i personally think this car is a rip off..**** a veyron

I just had to laugh at this. Honestly? You DO need 8 liters to make 1000hp RELIABILY. And this way its not some high strung, barely-street-drivable race engine (like your 2.0L example would be)

Modified by pentaxshooter at 1:40 PM 10-5-2009

Add me on FB and follow me on Instagram! | #TPG | #FLOSSfilthy | #V2LAB |

Always looking for cars in the NC/VA area for feature shoots! PM me!

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      10-05-2009 04:51 PM #75
      Quote, originally posted by pentaxshooter »
      I just had to laugh at this. Honestly? You DO need 8 liters to make 1000hp RELIABILY. And this way its not some high strung, barely-street-drivable race engine (like your 2.0L example would be)

x2

we are talking about a car that can go 250mph and still sound like your cruising on the highway. In your 1000hp 2.0 i can promise you that you would be wearing ear plugs while driving it. it also would do **** for daily driving. you would constantly be running into issues. idk why im even bothering to make these points...

all and all, the veyron is an amazing piece of machinery. a car that is able to put out 1000hp reliably on a daily basis while still having the comfort and luxury of a bugatti is a great accomplishment

but feel free to tell bugatti how to build a better 1000hp engine

THE CBOX KREW

6. 10-20-2009 10:35 AM #76
      Honestly, the people that can afford one probably wouldn't touch anything. Why make a car you drive on the weekends uncomfortable to drive by reducing the weight? I think the point behind the veyron was to make a car that was 100% enjoyable. I don't know about you guys but the only thing i enjoy about getting on the track is driving. Screw racing seats, suits, helmets and pretty much everything you do to car to make it a track piece.

Vehicles
      2001 GTI 1.8T (RIP), 2006 GLI bonestock
      01-06-2010 08:38 PM #77
      I just did poop myself it would sound amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicles
      1998 Corrado vr6 1995 GTI vr6
      01-08-2010 03:38 PM #78
      theres not much you could do to that car besides making some custom fuel maps and tune it a little mo betta and efficiant.
      and give it to Mansory and have them build a full carbon body for it.
      Ronald McDonald house.....bro.

Vehicles
      '86 GLI 97' ZJ
      01-23-2010 09:26 PM #79
      Quote, originally posted by dude rado »
      theres not much you could do to that car besides making some custom fuel maps and tune it a little mo betta and efficiant.
      and give it to Mansory and have them build a full carbon body for it.

lol this is the stupidest thread i've ever read. How in the world is anyone going to do big turbo, custom fuel maps and retune etc. on a Veyron? In order for that to happen said tuning company would need to purchase one and figure out how to crack into the engine management then write a new program for it that works with 0 issues. This will never happen, it's not a $20k VW.

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      01-23-2010 11:45 PM #80
      Quote, originally posted by GRedvig »

lol this is the stupidest thread i've ever read. How in the world is anyone going to do big turbo, custom fuel maps and retune etc. on a Veyron? In order for that to happen said tuning company would need to purchase one and figure out how to crack into the engine management then write a new program for it that works with 0 issues. This will never happen, it's not a $20k VW.

use your ****ing imagination man, who the **** cares if we could really make it happen or not.

THE CBOX KREW

11. 01-24-2010 01:40 PM #81
      The people who bring up the point that people who have the money to buy a Veryon wouldnt mod it are probably correct. The point though is that some people are never happy with their vehicle until they have modified it to make it their own, and yes sometimes these people do have Veryon money. The fact that the car weighs over 4,000 pounds, was developed to be somewhat reliable, and had to pass certain governement restrictions means that there are modifications that can be done by an individual to modify the car. To think that companies would not drool over the opportunity to be featured in magazines as the tuner company that bumped the power in a 1,001 hp car (and a simple 5% increase would yeild 50 hp) is insane. The Veryon probably isnt the best high end car to modify and you will probably be able to make many high-end cars produce better results but any production car is far from reaching its potential, and therefore far from being perfect.

Vehicles
      1998 Corrado vr6 1995 GTI vr6
      01-24-2010 08:30 PM #82
      Quote, originally posted by GRedvig »

dude, if YOU owned one and wanted to make some custom fuel maps for it, theres people (mathamatical gods per say), spend thier life writing fuel maps.
      it would be as easy as bringing the car to them and having them write maps for it.
      you must not have clue how fuel maps are made
      Ronald McDonald house.....bro.

13. 04-03-2010 09:28 PM #83
      Quote, originally posted by jzobie »
      The people who bring up the point that people who have the money to buy a Veryon wouldnt mod it are probably correct. The point though is that some people are never happy with their vehicle until they have modified it to make it their own, and yes sometimes these people do have Veryon money.

X2

There are always possibilities, no matter the lengths one would have to go to achieve such desires. The car is made in order to please any customer who purchases the vehicle, if an individual decided to invest in making the car to their specifications, they could.

USCG

Vehicles
      Papaya Maserati
      04-09-2010 10:18 PM #84
      bags

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      04-12-2010 09:52 AM #85
      Quote, originally posted by powdub »
      bags

it pretty much already has them

THE CBOX KREW

Vehicles
      1993 Corrado, 2012 Golf R
      05-10-2010 11:31 AM #86
      Have a new background made for the HP gauge the maxes out at 1600hp! Tell everyone that you had Ettore Bugatti himself cloned and then had him do an ecu flash, whatever. It's not like anyone you give a ride too will be able to tell if it only has 1001HP. It's not like they have other Veyron shotgun experience! :p

17. 06-04-2010 11:07 AM #87
      WRONG. It's not perfect until you add speed holez
      Last edited by euromaxituning; 06-04-2010 at 11:11 AM.
      "We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that my simplest explanation is: THERE IS NO GOD, no one created the universe and no one directs our fate." - Stephen Hawkings

18. n00b
      Vehicles
      1997 Jetta GT
      06-23-2010 02:01 PM #88
      Probably would just retune it to have more boost. You know, put it back on the level of a less reliable modded DD. Like any production vehicle, it's at a modest performance level for reliablity reasons. Taking into consideration what just one twin-boosted LSX motor is capable of, I'd have to say this motor (essentially 2 V8's) is capable of 1500+hp with some more liberal tuning. It'll do 9's. I can garauntee it.

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      07-06-2010 01:48 AM #89
      It looks like Volkswagen answered your question

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bugatti-...per-sport.html
      http://r32registry.org/802 ||| Garage Banners
      Quote Originally Posted by donotcometoflorida View Post
      If my science data analysis on current trends is correct, I project that by the years 2018 - 2025, all car's body panels will be replaced entirely by grill.

Vehicles
      Black Jetta MK3 & Black Jetta MK4 GLX VRSEXXX
      07-13-2010 05:48 AM #90
      some rims may be.... lol

21. Member
      Vehicles
      94 jetta 2.0 8v
      07-29-2010 10:18 PM #91
      i would scratch it. so then it wouldnt be perfect. then i would swap the motor for a 2.0 aba motor. lol

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      07-29-2010 11:51 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by TrueNoob View Post
      i would scratch it. so then it wouldnt be perfect. then i would swap the motor for a 2.0 aba motor. lol
      The question wasn't "If you could RUIN perfection?"
      http://r32registry.org/802 ||| Garage Banners
      Quote Originally Posted by donotcometoflorida View Post
      If my science data analysis on current trends is correct, I project that by the years 2018 - 2025, all car's body panels will be replaced entirely by grill.

Vehicles
      2004 GTI 1.8t
      08-04-2010 11:58 AM #93
      the Mansory Veyron has the restrictors removed and puts out a massive 8hp more even with 200 more HP it wouldnt be that much faster because lets face it you cant outrun physics. it does look sick though. check out the in house carbon fiber with the BIG weave so you can see it from further away. BA
      _Speed has never killed anyone......its suddenly becoming stationary...That's what gets you."
      _If I pull this handbrake lever all my girlfriends clothes will come off!!!
      Clarkson

Vehicles
      2004 GTI 1.8t
      08-04-2010 12:00 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by markfiver View Post
      well you could always weld a big can of folgers onto the back of it, the honda guys are convinced that will give you a serious boost in power. Oh and you could slap layers upon layers of stickers on it too thatll give you at least another 500 hp to the ground but seriously why would you modify something thats perfect? to make it..... less perfect?
      your my hero
      _Speed has never killed anyone......its suddenly becoming stationary...That's what gets you."
      Clarkson

25. 08-09-2010 09:46 PM #95
      The reason they made that is b/c of the SSC Ultimate Aero

Now back to the main question, the usual suspects:

Bigger turbo's
      ECU Remap

Now 4000 lbs is a friggin heavy ass car. However, 1001 hp (not counting the SS) I would try SOMETHING to lighten the boat up! Do they have a stripped down version like a GTS or something?

I spose if you have enough money and didnt care about much b/c you're so friggin rich, I would strip that down and take everything outta it and make a track car out of it! Prolly would loose a few hundred pounds, well 100 or 200 maybe?

Vehicles
      2004 GTI 1.8t
      08-10-2010 11:28 AM #96
      i think that is the whole point of the veyron and the reason its in a class of its own (that piece of s*it SSC isnt even on the same planet) its the fastest car in the world and you can go 210 in the comfort of a bentley. thats why its amazing. and why the SSC isnt. they just made an absurdly powerful car for the sole purpose of being 3 mph faster than the veyron in a straight line. well a top fuel dragster is faster than both and as comfortable as the SSC.
      Clarkson

27. 08-17-2010 03:10 AM #97
      the people who spend money on the decoration of the car are sick ones !!!
      speed up your car's performance first , make it fast .

Vehicles
      bagged 99.5 A4 TQM, 09 BMW 135i
      08-22-2010 11:38 AM #98
      i would put an air freshener around the mirror and id loose like 40 pounds and id be set.

Vehicles
      3 girls cars and a rwd toy
      08-30-2010 01:17 PM #99
      spray tint the tails
      Quote Originally Posted by twerked View Post
      good marijuana is sex depraved female sex organs...put that in your pipe and smoke it
      Counter Kultur shirts and goodies

30. 09-10-2010 04:22 AM #100
      only a 16 cylinder?!? i think it should have an inline V18 and 6 turbos. and a coffee maker. everybody likes coffee. and they should fill the shell with helium so its lighter. i also think stand alone would be a good choice.

Vehicles
      79' rabbit
      09-22-2010 11:17 AM #101
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBET6xAwqk8

this is what modded perfection IS!
      check out board4all.com for all your skate,wake, and snowboard needs!!!

Vehicles
      89 Gti 16v, 80 Caddy, 95 Golf III, 72 Chevy Truck
      09-25-2010 01:31 AM #102
      Thank you for sharing that video. That is tuned perfection, but there still is a chance that there is more on the table purely because it is legal to drive on the street. Which means emissions are still going to limit it somewhat. I know someone at a VW dealer that was explaining some of the inspections they have to do to just the regular Veyron. The wheels have to be magnifluxed(checked for cracks) and tested every ten thousand miles. The tires only last about 10k as well and that is if you are not driving at any crazy speeds or being a jackass in it. Just pure crazyness no matter what angle you look at the car.

Vehicles
      2004 VW GLI
      09-26-2010 10:32 PM #103
      I would lose my mind just to sit in one, let alone drive one. Modifying the Veyron would be like giving Heidi Klum lipo

Vehicles
      '00 Beetle R32, '66 Beetle Project
      11-03-2010 12:31 PM #104
      Racelands

Vehicles
      3 girls cars and a rwd toy
      11-03-2010 01:14 PM #105
      bbs rs
      Quote Originally Posted by twerked View Post
      good marijuana is sex depraved female sex organs...put that in your pipe and smoke it
      Counter Kultur shirts and goodies

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast