VWVortex

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: If you could mod perfecction?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Passat SE VR6
      12-07-2011 01:11 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
      I would play with the exhaust. That car is super quit. I want it loud. I'm sure some tuning company is Europe has an exhaust for it. Or just take one from some loud Honda. That'll be dope.
      http://www.vividracing.com/blog/anno...y-quicksilver/

2. Member
      Vehicles
      20th Anniversary GTI #3566 and a 1967 Mini Cooper
      12-07-2011 06:27 PM #142
      Yeah that's perfect. And my only mod.
      20th Anniversary GTI
      1967 Mini Cooper

Vehicles
      MK1 Rally Rabbit, MK2 Jetta GLI Pirelli, MKV GTI
      12-15-2011 11:13 PM #143
      I don't think I could/would mod this. It was made with such precision to give it all it's power and speed that messing with something could lead to a series of mishaps. I would however do the exhaust and interior. But anything else and I would imagine you would risk the integrity of the warp field this thing produces.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      20th Anniversary GTI #3566 and a 1967 Mini Cooper
      12-16-2011 11:34 AM #144
      So can we all agree on exhaust?
      20th Anniversary GTI
      1967 Mini Cooper

Vehicles
      '12 GTI '14 Jetta
      12-31-2011 07:19 PM #145
      i would like to see all these things done to this car
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      IMO the best place for mounting a euro plate is in the trash.

Vehicles
      2001 325 cic e46 MT, and 2008 passat wagon B6 MT6, on air and rotis
      01-01-2012 03:25 PM #146
      exhaust, Rotiforms and bags. and if you ask why? because if you have the money who fu-cki-ng cares

Vehicles
      99.5 Golf TDI 2dr, 92 Miata, 11 TerraTrike Path 8
      01-23-2012 06:35 AM #147
      Some of this may not apply here in the US, between Magnusson-Moss and the First Sale doctrine (although first sale has been invalidated for foreign-made goods, now). However, VAG could get around that by simply requiring that all US-spec Veyrons be leased from Bugatti, with the lease term being indefinite, and the fee being $1/month once it's paid off.

http://www.motortorque.com/articles/...-the-world.asp

And, IIRC, Tiff Needell mentioned, in his review of the Veyron, that it would phone home about him finding the traction control shutoff as soon as he turned it off.

It's not unprecedented to void warranties for high-performance driving, either - some manufacturers of far more plebian cars have even sent undercover agents to well-publicized autocrosses, and recorded VINs of cars to void warranties.

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      87 scirocco 16v
      02-18-2012 09:55 AM #148
      1000 horsepower at 4000 pounds, if you really think that a bugatti veyron doesn't have the best performance parts (including exhaust) known to man you are sadly mistaken, and on the topic of weight reduction, there is a reason this car with more horsepower than a small airplane weighs more than small airplane, it would sruggle to stay on the ground as it is, and last but not least if you plan on lowering the veyron why don't you look up the ride height in its performance mode (after it lowers itself) if you get any lower your going to be sweeping the dust off the streets

So if you think you can find a sensor, timer, or higher performance part for a veyron, think again, the reason it doesn't have that option is that you can't handle that option

Vehicles
      Mk2 12v
      02-19-2012 04:03 AM #149
      a VR6 badge as deserved
      VR6

Vehicles
      07 GTi.. fun times
      03-06-2012 12:15 AM #150
      a set of tits for the girl riding along!

Sent from my 1st generation Motorola brick using Tapatalk

11. 03-27-2012 01:20 AM #151
      To enjoy the speed of bugati one should take care about the safety measures, the interior of the car is dam awesome i wish i would be also having bugati, customers of Bugati used to take special driving lessons . that's great.

12. 04-16-2012 02:37 AM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by turbo1eightG View Post
      I'd probably mess with the interior a little bit, maybe some wheels....that'd be about it. Some special paint work maybe too
      Because so many wheels are made that can handle the 252 mph top speed lol. Those things, like the rest of the car, are pretty much one of a kind!

13. 04-16-2012 04:22 AM #153
      APR turbo back, diode mod, manual boost contol, GIAC chip, and air intake[img]http://www.****************/meimiao1.jpg[/img][img]http://www.****************/jh88.jpg[/img][img]http://www.****************/test.jpg[/img][img]http://www.****************/dh.jpg[/img][img]http://www.****************/pad.jpg[/img]

Vehicles
      12 passat, 11 Tiguan, 07 passat, 03 jetta turbo
      05-11-2012 04:05 PM #154
      Forget modifying car. Strip Ukrainian super model girlfriend and buy any mods she wants. That's the guy who has the money for this foolishness.

15. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2005 BMW 330xi, 2012 Volkswagen GLI Autobahn
      05-13-2012 10:58 PM #155
      Trust me, no one who can afford to buy a Bugatti Veyron is a big enough tool to actually try and modify it lol, and you can't put different tires on it, the Veyron production was halted for months while they tried to create tires that could withstand the acceleration and speed of the car. Also, there are only a few mechanics that are qualified to work with that sort of an engine and you won't find them at a modifying shop. Lastly, to people who are saying that they would remap the engine and boost. Do you really think that a little computer upgrade would provide better performance than the perfectly timed/ratio'd everything on the car already? of anything it would be a major downgrade haha.

Vehicles
      06 Audi A3. 66 Volvo PV544
      05-13-2012 11:01 PM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by jb790 View Post
      Trust me, no one who can afford to buy a Bugatti Veyron is a big enough tool to actually try and modify it lol, and you can't put different tires on it, the Veyron production was halted for months while they tried to create tires that could withstand the acceleration and speed of the car. Also, there are only a few mechanics that are qualified to work with that sort of an engine and you won't find them at a modifying shop. Lastly, to people who are saying that they would remap the engine and boost. Do you really think that a little computer upgrade would provide better performance than the perfectly timed/ratio'd everything on the car already? of anything it would be a major downgrade haha.
      Way to take a fun thread and be a Debbie downer.
      People don't think it be like it is, but it do.

17. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2005 BMW 330xi, 2012 Volkswagen GLI Autobahn
      05-13-2012 11:02 PM #157
      lmao my bad i guess I was being too realistic. That being said, I still wouldn't do anything just cause its built to perfection

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 2.0T 6spd
      05-18-2012 05:32 PM #158
      The whole reason for buying such a perfect car would be so that you wouldnt have to modify it.

Vehicles
      2001 325 cic e46 MT, and 2008 passat wagon B6 MT6, on air and rotis
      05-24-2012 12:18 AM #159
      Sticker.
      WWTD
      Just think, What Would T Do?
      Who is T? ME .
      PM me if want to know wwTd.

Vehicles
      MKV Jetta 2.0T
      06-10-2012 05:47 PM #160
      Strip as many parts off as possible and replace everything else with lightweight parts with lightweight replacements. Upgraded ECU, exhaust, 110 octane map, pistons, rods, cams, make it a racecar :p
      Then buy another one lol

Vehicles
      Not Vortex Approved
      06-13-2012 02:24 AM #161
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve-VR6 View Post
      VR SWAP GUY!!!!
      Technically it already has a VR in it A W engine is essentially the same thing. I6 is to V12 as VR6 is to W12, except with 16 cylinders haha.

If I had one, which meant i had all the money in the world, I'd put 2 giant GTX Turbos in it, and a fully built transmission/drivetrain to cope and make a 2000awhp monster that no street car could ever touch, in acceleration, aerodynamics, top speed, anything; and end all of these Modded GTR vs Stock Veyron arguments once and for all, by leveling the playing field with a modded Veyron

In theory... hahaha

Vehicles
      08 Rabbit
      06-25-2012 09:23 PM #162
      YOLO
      Replica wheels are like fake boobs. They look good on the outside, but when it comes to quality, Nothing beats the real thing.
      Instagram: BriarGW
      YOLO is GAY
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Mkv View Post
      Low and slow my friend.

Vehicles
      '96 Harlequin "Base Red" #155, 2004 Passat W8
      07-14-2012 12:00 AM #163
      lol this thread makes me laugh. Obviously there are things you can do to increase horsepower... but why bother. the fuel tank would last only a few minutes.. the tires would burst and they are michelin PAX tires that are 14.5 inches wide and requires you to ship the vehicle to france to replace. You have to realize VW made the car 1001hp because any more would be dangerous and stupid...

Things holding the veyron back....
      1. Exhaust.. The vehicle is a street vehicle that requires certain noise levels to be legal AKA Restrictions...
      2. The turbos are actually quite small. Upgrading these would surely give you more power... But good luck fueling the engine.... the pumps on the veyron already pump more then 5 times the fuel of a standard fuel pump...
      3.The tune on the veyron is designed to be safe enough for anyone to drive... A re map would be crazyyy. But would yield power gains... (good luck ruining the transmission..)

Only reasons VW didn't do these things stock...

1.The transmission already has problems dealing with 1001hp.
      2.It has to be street legal.
      3.People would die.
      4.Turbo Lag
      5.WARRANTY

Use your heads... Oh and to the person that said only special mechanics have the ability to work on the engine.. Funny, I thought almost every VW dealer had a tech able to work on the W8... W8x2+4 Turbos = Veyron (veyron has a more complicated cooling system, not really though)

w16 mods completely plausible... but if someone spends that much on a Veyron why would they mess with it? Its awesome out of the box.. I would never mod one

24. 07-27-2012 04:12 PM #164
      Replace the 16 cylinder 8-liter with four 2.0T FSI engines from the Golf R. Literally four.

... And you have a winner.

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      87 scirocco 16v
      08-17-2012 12:26 AM #165
      Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
      Technically it already has a VR in it A W engine is essentially the same thing. I6 is to V12 as VR6 is to W12, except with 16 cylinders haha.

If I had one, which meant i had all the money in the world, I'd put 2 giant GTX Turbos in it, and a fully built transmission/drivetrain to cope and make a 2000awhp monster that no street car could ever touch, in acceleration, aerodynamics, top speed, anything; and end all of these Modded GTR vs Stock Veyron arguments once and for all, by leveling the playing field with a modded Veyron

In theory... hahaha
      your problem being...you didn't buy enought gtx turbos

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line DSG, 2010 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD R-Design
      01-28-2013 02:12 AM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Sickles View Post
      Quote, originally posted by bigandyvw »
      there is no such thing as perfection truth is there will always be some thing better that you could do

I doubt anyone has the ability to improve the performance of the car. Look at how much money was throw at it in R+D. Impossible. The whole car is built to function around one another. You can't bolt on some oem stuff from a shelf onto a completely carbon fiber chassis and be like "yeah, I just made that da' bomb!"

I guess you can paint it. Maybe a vtec sticker would yeild another 85hp at the wheels.

Excerpt from above: You can't bolt on some oem stuff from a shelf onto a completely carbon fiber chassis and be like "yeah, I just made that da' bomb!"

You may want to look into how many parts actually came from the VW/Audi/Porsche parts bin. I guarantee you that there's power left to be unleashed. What we need is one rich guy with enough imagination and interest, to buy one in the name of the aftermarket, and let the top shops in the country play ball.

Obvious Performance Enhancements:
      Thicker Top-Flow IC's
      Straight-Through Exhausts
      Increased Boost psi (this is all VW/Bugatti plays with to go from 16.4 to SuperSport)
      'Constant Maximum Speed Setting' for suspension and transmission
      Race prepped interior
      Race Fuel and Tune
      Lighter Wheels

Even though the Veyron was released with 1000+hp and the SS at 1,200hp, they are by no means 'at the limit' of what they're actually capable of.

Remember, that with enough money, knowledge, interest, and patience, anything is possible.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line DSG, 2010 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD R-Design
      01-28-2013 02:16 AM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by Evil 16v View Post
      1000 horsepower at 4000 pounds, if you really think that a bugatti veyron doesn't have the best performance parts (including exhaust) known to man you are sadly mistaken, and on the topic of weight reduction, there is a reason this car with more horsepower than a small airplane weighs more than small airplane, it would sruggle to stay on the ground as it is, and last but not least if you plan on lowering the veyron why don't you look up the ride height in its performance mode (after it lowers itself) if you get any lower your going to be sweeping the dust off the streets

So if you think you can find a sensor, timer, or higher performance part for a veyron, think again, the reason it doesn't have that option is that you can't handle that option
      I'm not going to take this post apart, but I'm afraid you're mistaken, sir.

Vehicles
      2013 Candy White GTI
      01-28-2013 07:54 AM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.slow.gti View Post

Use your heads... Oh and to the person that said only special mechanics have the ability to work on the engine.. Funny, I thought almost every VW dealer had a tech able to work on the W8... W8x2+4 Turbos = Veyron (veyron has a more complicated cooling system, not really though)

Every part of this statement is rediculous...
      2013 on AMG Monoblocks

^^^^^^FOR SALE^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjimenezvw View Post
      ps. dont be a douchebag

Vehicles
      TT 225
      01-28-2013 09:15 AM #169
      All I can think of when I see all this comments is that many people get their hands full when driving a 300+hp car and yet it takes a while to master it and actually use all the power that the car has to offer

Now with a car pushing 1000hp and meant to be driven on the street, when and where would you be able to really push it up there and actually master those thousand horses

Even at the track, for how long would you be able to stay on the throttle that would require more power than it comes stock with? I think this are some of the reasons that we don't see modified veyrons as much as we would like but its understandable

30. 02-22-2013 07:47 PM #170

31. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      CW MKVI GTI
      03-02-2013 02:15 PM #171
      Quote Originally Posted by zeusenergy View Post
      Quote, originally posted by Karnuts »
      I stopped in to the my local Bugatti dealer the other day and drooled on the floor model they have.

The dealer came out and BS'd with me for a few. The maintenance on these bad boys is out of freaking control.

Oil Change: $12,000

First Scheduled Maintenance: $75,000 ($60,000 of which is for the TIRES)

And they have a monitoring system that knows if you turn that second key. They will know, they will call you to let you know that they know, and then they will immediately VOID your warranty.

That system also tracks each and every car. They know where you are and how fast you are going at all times.

WTF?^^

I'd just rip the driveline out of the car and swap it into my bug.

lol that motor is like the size of the entire cabin of a bug lol

32. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4 1.8T
      03-20-2013 08:25 PM #172
      Wouldn't even dream of modding a Veyron

Vehicles
      MKV GTI 08'
      03-23-2013 06:58 PM #173
      I would just put wings on it . . . like ****ing Boeing 777 wings, pretty sure i could get that thing airborn haha
      WWHD?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345