Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Waco

1. 04-02-2008 08:06 AM #71
      yea man its a good track.. i heard this year the turnout has been very nice i wish i could go but i work, its mainly domestics but sometimes imports and sport bikes, ive even seen them run (pro mod) lawnmowers and a rail car. i was hoping if we got enough people maybe have a dub wars

Vehicles
      MkIV,VI Jetta:::'87 QStationW:::'08 TT
      04-02-2008 09:29 AM #72
      Quote, originally posted by leperkuan »
      yea man its a good track.. i heard this year the turnout has been very nice i wish i could go but i work, its mainly domestics but sometimes imports and sport bikes, ive even seen them run (pro mod) lawnmowers and a rail car. i was hoping if we got enough people maybe have a dub wars

That would be fun! Does anyone know if they have a test-n-tune night, or just open racing in general..... and what night most of the euro/imports go out? Their website is not exactly too informative

The Mexicans who assembled my Wolfsburg like German food... good enough for me!
      VW Mk2 Transmission Installation Specialty Tool = 25th Anniversary Foose Channel Locks
      Quote Originally Posted by Deezy View Post
      Don't be a vagina. Take it apart

Vehicles
      00 12V VRsex
      04-02-2008 09:53 AM #73
      well you have to go early cause around 8 or 9 they start doing bracket races, which suck, and no they dont have a test and tune night, plus that track=fail, we usually go to ennis now thats a good track
      VRalliance member #157

4. 04-02-2008 02:54 PM #74
      Hey guys, I plan on coming out, I invited my buddy who lives in belton who's driving a mk3 GTI with some stuff done to the engine. We'll see if he wants to go : \ But not likely.

Vehicles
      04-02-2008 08:02 PM #75
      Kieth and Mike, I think me and joe will be there a little early to grab some grub... more than welcome to join
      VW Mk2 Transmission Installation Specialty Tool = 25th Anniversary Foose Channel Locks

6. 04-02-2008 09:01 PM #76
      Quote, originally posted by 03gtiking »
      well you have to go early cause around 8 or 9 they start doing bracket races, which suck, and no they dont have a test and tune night, plus that track=fail, we usually go to ennis now thats a good track

are you serious? they always had open runs all night in between bracket races and after bracket races... the place used to not close until every body packed up and left... from the times i have went imports are there fridays and saturdays and i normally got there around 9pm this is before i even had a car

i also heard that academy dragway by temple is closed this year???

Vehicles
      00 12V VRsex
      04-03-2008 02:58 AM #77
      man it was good to see you guys come out tonight, too bad some of you missed the cruise, it was much needed, **** we rolled like 30 deep
      VRalliance member #157

8. 04-03-2008 03:13 AM #78
      im ready to see the pic wolf took

is this your gti gtiking???
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=H60X6MQK6P0&feature=related

i was also gonna say i ran into the black mk3 on some 17 inch black rims, its just a Trek and he has a racing steering wheel... spoke few words of english he thought i was asking if it was for sale when i was asking if it was a vr6

Modified by leperkuan at 2:56 AM 4-3-2008

9. 04-03-2008 10:48 AM #79
      damn, ya'll all cruised after I left? damn, I just thought everybody else was leaving because it was raining. I had a friend to visit anyhow. Last night was fun, we should all meet up some weekend and cruise to Austin together.

Vehicles
      04-03-2008 11:42 AM #80
      Thanks for coming out Joe...definitely down for a group cruise to Austin.... Keep an eye on the Austin thread... we should be doing that lime creek run soon.... That road is a real challenge. I only thought I could drive... till I met Lime Creek.

Keith, is that your gti in the video.... non the less, it was waxing some a$$...........VW-3, imports-0..... nice

ps- I will have to work on gettingthat pic up... dont have a hosting account yet anywhere.

Modified by TheWolfsburg at 11:18 AM 4-3-2008

Vehicles
      00 12V VRsex
      04-04-2008 12:02 AM #81
      No that vid was made by some weak group of army **** in killeen, and its not me it's some dude named kelrics' gti. it was nice
      VRalliance member #157

12. 04-04-2008 06:27 AM #82
      oh i just found that video on youtube and thought it might be you, but i would hope you would swerve for potholes

Vehicles
      04 R32 06 S4 Avant
      04-04-2008 11:03 AM #83
      Quote, originally posted by TheWolfsburg »
      Thanks for coming out Joe...definitely down for a group cruise to Austin.... Keep an eye on the Austin thread... we should be doing that lime creek run soon.... That road is a real challenge. I only thought I could drive... till I met Lime Creek.

Keith, is that your gti in the video.... non the less, it was waxing some a$$...........VW-3, imports-0..... nice

ps- I will have to work on gettingthat pic up... dont have a hosting account yet anywhere.

*EDIT* Oops...sorry Jesse didn't mean to make that a quote by you...now this is more clear

Hey guys, since you all would be traveling from Waco to Austin to do the notorious Lime Creek Rd run....let me know what weekend works best for you. Its only a matter of rounding up the troops here in Austin to meet up so let me know.

Jesse, round up the crew, call me and let me know what works best and i'll round up the Austin gang and we'll have a lot of fun. You guys will all see why driving down Lime Creek Rd. on a wet day is no fun ...its a challenging road for sure.

Modified by vwglinut at 10:42 AM 4-4-2008

Vehicles
      04-04-2008 11:20 AM #84

15. 04-04-2008 09:37 PM #85
      from the videos i searched lime creek looks like fun and unlike cameron park if you slide around a corner you wont go off a cliff. that always worries me, ive seen a svt focus hanging on for dear life one morning, it was almost tipped on its side. i have seen youtube video of a acura sliding off the road a bit and hitting some brush and driving off.

Vehicles
      04-04-2008 10:52 PM #86
      Actually there are a few....hummm.... ass clenching turns that must be negotiated perfect or kapoot!

Vehicles
      04 R32 06 S4 Avant
      04-06-2008 12:33 AM #87
      ah Recaro seats are thing of beauty

Vehicles
      04-06-2008 12:38 AM #88

Quote, originally posted by vwglinut »
      ah Recaro seats are thing of beauty

show off

Vehicles
      04-06-2008 11:09 PM #89
      Man, slow weekend....didnt get much accomplished. But I did tear up the airport for a while. I had to get in a weekend cruise

20. 04-07-2008 01:08 AM #90
      nice... did you turn into the marina and go all the way back to the resturaunt for a turn around

Vehicles
      04-07-2008 11:08 AM #91
      Naw, as far as I remember. there is alot of dirt and gravel back there. I try to stay away from that stuff.

So... all you guys on here definatly going to HotWaterBlast. I am trying to get a room at the Mariott where the Austin folk are staying. What about you gentlemen.....Mike, Joe, Keith?

22. 04-07-2008 04:07 PM #92
      total n00b question, what all does HotWaterBlast entail?

Vehicles
      04 R32 06 S4 Avant
      04-07-2008 04:10 PM #93
      Quote, originally posted by v_GLX_dub »

Its an event strictly for EURO cars but more than most...its a VW thing

Its gonna be fun!!!

Vehicles
      04-07-2008 04:32 PM #94
      Quote, originally posted by v_GLX_dub »

Highly VW in content, yeah like Mark said... all Euro. This would definatly be something I would think you would like to see as your coming into the VW scene. It will give you a great idea of all the options you have for your Jetta. Sent you a PM... just let me know?

JOE----what you wanted http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3685686

Modified by TheWolfsburg at 3:55 PM 4-7-2008

25. 04-07-2008 06:45 PM #95
      damn those look NICE. I don't have 575 to drop on lights

Vehicles
      04-07-2008 08:57 PM #96
      Me niether, but he asked and I delivered

27. 04-08-2008 03:54 AM #97
      So... all you guys on here definatly going to HotWaterBlast. I am trying to get a room at the Mariott where the Austin folk are staying. What about you gentlemen.....Mike, Joe, Keith?

I'm just gonna stay at the cheapo hotel 6 im used to people trying to break into my car. were going to have to exchange cell phone #s or something in case we plan on a night time houston cruise which im sure will happen, i heard last year the cruise was better than the car show, if all else fails back to the hotel and

Also WOW on the price for those fog lights, ive seen them on a jetta and i thought they were cool until i see the cost. ill stick with my stock fogs

Modified by leperkuan at 2:58 AM 4-8-2008

Vehicles
      04-08-2008 08:05 AM #98
      Be out for a few days, catch yall when I return

Vehicles
      04 R32 06 S4 Avant
      04-10-2008 02:38 PM #99
      Hey guys...with all the talk of Hot Water Blast...here is what Jake is proposing from the Austin crew:

Quote, originally posted by JakkoVR »
      Alright boys and girls, lets get serious about HotWaterBlast.

Any of you Killeen guys gonna come down?

The plan so far is meeting the San Antonio guys in Columbus, TX at 3pm on Saturday.

Its about a 2 hour drive to Columbus from Austin, so if we left at 1pm that would work out.

Last year we met at the Cabana on 183/360. Since we have to drive all the way down 183, I think it would be a good idea to meet off 183 again. Although, im thinking about the 183 and I-35 area. Ill look around for a good place to meet down there and let you guys know.

As for now, lets get a serious head and car count.

So far I have:
      Mark
      Lauren
      Clayton
      Andy
      Cort
      Me
      Jason

Modified by JakkoVR at 11:57 AM 4-10-2008

Now I know for you Waco guys this a really long drive (2 hours to Austin, 2 to Columbus, then another 1.5 -2 hours to Houston but it will be a quite a group of dubs so if you can spare to burn this much fuel and put the miles on your dub...then by all means...join us! If antying...we'll all see each other in Houston that evening and all hang as a crew.

**EDIT** we're thinking about meeting at the Bennigan's right off I35 and 183...for you guys this is a straight shot...you'll exit the 183 North exit...stay on the feeder road...come to the intersection...and go across and see Bennigan's on your right hand side.

Jesse feel free to call me about all of this and round up all who is coming from Waco.

Modified by vwglinut at 1:40 PM 4-10-2008

30. 04-10-2008 06:33 PM #100
      wow sounds like fun give me a few days to ponder on that....
      In the mean time i saw a jetta today with smoked out tail lights and exhaust, sounded like a vr6 and made me nut a lil bit

Vehicles
      04-11-2008 10:47 AM #101
      Quote, originally posted by leperkuan »
      wow sounds like fun give me a few days to ponder on that....
      In the mean time i saw a jetta today with smoked out tail lights and exhaust, sounded like a vr6 and made me nut a lil bit

Eeeeewwww.... change your pants

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Gentlemen, I am definatly going south to meet the Austin crew at the Bennigans and then onward..... this Car show is as much about the cruiseing there and back as it is the show.... at least for me it is. So everyone let me know on here so we can quickly set a meeting point and time in each city.

Vehicles
      04-12-2008 11:03 PM #102

Gentlemen, I am definatly going south to meet the Austin crew at the Bennigans and then onward..... this Car show is as much about the cruiseing there and back as it is the show.... at least for me it is. So everyone let me know on here so we can quickly set a meeting point and time in each city.

Anyone... anyone.... Bueller.... Bueller..... anyone

Vehicles
      04-14-2008 06:43 PM #103
      Good news fellas... I finally met Justin..... he is the owner of that red Jetta with yellow primered fenders. Gave him my number... hope he is down for Hot Water Blast.

34. 04-17-2008 02:36 AM #104
      change of plans, i dont know if im going to make it . my car got broken into last night. busted out my driver bakc window and stole my amp.... i had the factory, second time this has happened but last time they got my cd player to. funny thing is they i bet it was the same person they knew where to go and they pulled down the seat and there it sat..... so money is going towards window and alarm

Vehicles
      04-17-2008 09:14 AM #105
      Sorry to hear that. Hope everything pans out for you alright. Have you heard from Kieth? It seems as though everything is going bad for Waco folks.

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast