Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Waco

Vehicles
      00 12V VRsex
      05-01-2008 12:23 PM #141
      Yah its gone. So how come no one came out last night, it was nice we went out on a cruise, and got some good runs in
      VRalliance member #157

2. 05-01-2008 07:05 PM #142
      that sucks gti what happened? I didnt make it out because im rocking a cardboard window! i need to go to alvarado for a window but gas is so high it would prolly be cheaper to order one of the internet and wait for it, but im hoping to find one with factory tint so it all matches until i can get a re tint

Vehicles
      MkIV,VI Jetta:::'87 QStationW:::'08 TT
      05-05-2008 11:00 PM #143
      Window status Mike?

Car status Kieth?

Joe...MIA?

The Mexicans who assembled my Wolfsburg like German food... good enough for me!
      VW Mk2 Transmission Installation Specialty Tool = 25th Anniversary Foose Channel Locks
      Quote Originally Posted by Deezy View Post
      Don't be a vagina. Take it apart

Vehicles
      00 12V VRsex
      05-06-2008 01:19 PM #144
      still carless
      VRalliance member #157

Vehicles
      05-08-2008 04:53 PM #145
      VW Mk2 Transmission Installation Specialty Tool = 25th Anniversary Foose Channel Locks

6. 05-10-2008 01:51 PM #146
      windows is out still, funds are low. hear anything about this vw drag race in ennis??? http://www.texasmotorplex.com/...d=303
      im guessing its only bugs but would be cool if they allow water cooled maybe we could rally a few guys up there, im sure the dallas folks know about it.

Im going to be selling a set of speakers in the box, Kicker CVR 12"s in a kicker livin loud box for $150 if anybody wants it before i put it on the big market? i also have a living loud box which is empty for $50

Modified by leperkuan at 12:52 PM 5-10-2008

Vehicles
      05-10-2008 11:04 PM #147
      That posting says 2007 for the year.... is it still going to happen on May 20th 2008?

When might I be able to look at that speaker set up you got there? Want to see if its anything I can use.

8. 05-12-2008 01:15 AM #148
      ummm when do you want to meet, its been in my trunk.. it looks beautiful in a jetta trunk, only problem is the bass port faces the cd-changer so if you still use that.... you wont anymore.... I originally bought the speakers in the box from circuit city and they were very loud when i had my 750.1 kicker amp which hit 900watts, i took 3rd in a competition with 143db, i ended up blowing them and i had the warrenty on it so these speakers are almost brand new. If you have an amp hooked up we can throw them in your trunk and see what they sound like. I cant remember where i found that link but i know theres a car show coming up but its waaay down south in the bottom most tip of texas.

also the other box is a darker shade carpet but i think its a lil scuffed up

Modified by leperkuan at 12:27 AM 5-12-2008

Vehicles
      05-13-2008 10:52 PM #149
      That was a lot more box than I expected. Trying to keep some trunk. I am still in the "planning"stages on that rear seat delete. I need some damn motivation.

So this getting waco vw's effort is not as easy as one would think hmmm.

10. 05-14-2008 12:23 AM #150
      yea i see that, im here and dedicated im just going through a tough spot right now. My last car was a jetta vr6, my current car is a jetta vr6, and my next car will be a dub. for some odd reason im just hooked you know it would be really cool if we could throw a dub gtg at cameron park east, ive been to a pretty big car show there once and it was kinda nice right on the river and the southern regions just dont have enough events like hotwaterfest h2o and all those sorts...

Vehicles
      05-14-2008 09:26 PM #151
      Have you ever driven out to Hewitt Park? That also might be a cool place...a little more secluded. Either would be nice. Lets try to get something going for the end of June. I go out of town for a while that month, but will be back by the 25th and still on vacation. So like the 28th and 29th of June... what do you think. The Austin folk seem to like to BBQ, and I know they have portable BBQ pits. Might even be able to show them all the twisty roads around here. Hell, I havent even gotten to show you the fun roads Ive found.

12. 05-15-2008 03:59 PM #152
      sounds good to me im going to get a window this weekend and detail my baby up... i wonder what its going to be like taking corners without a speaker box in the trunk June 28th is nice because it would give out of town folks a day to recover instead of driving home going to sleep and waking up to work you know... but most people seem to work saturday. were going to have to set a date in stone regardless of 3 people not going to make it or else its never going to happen.? June should be plenty hot, ive been to hewitt park where the disc golf is and yes its nice. Lets set something in stone jesse!!!!

13. 05-15-2008 11:17 PM #153
      i dont mean to be so blunt and im sorry if you work on the weekends but if we set something in stone a month in advance i know some of the people could take the day off.... Anyways im driving to alvarado in the morning to pick up my window, it should be fun... i still need an alignment and a windshield, as soon as thats done its aftermarket performance time

Vehicles
      05-15-2008 11:50 PM #154
      So sat. June 28th then ....... IN STONE! My only other concern with cameron is that it can get a bit ghetto on the weekend, and i dont want any "punks" ruining anything, but then again my time and exposer there is limited. We should get together and discuss location a bit more... maybe check out some things. (By the way, i didnt think you were too blunt )

Let me know if you need help with anything car wise. If I am availible, I will do what I can.

15. 05-16-2008 08:41 PM #155
      so i replaced my window today, it was either no tint or tint darker than mine... so i have one window with darker tint lol. The rear windows are not very fun to replace but i think if i had to do it again it would be quicker and easier. only problem i have with it is my outside weather stripping is a little warped up now.... it has metal inside of it and i got carried away shoving the window in and kinked it all up!

June 28th sounds 1st annual centex dub meeting. location in the air, your right cameron park can get a lil tejano on the west side and a little thuggish on the east side. cameron park disc golf on the east side is normally pretty empty and ive been to a car show there once before, plenty of parking and shade, theres a car port type of building but im unsure if there is a bbq pit... explain the best spot in the hewitt park and ill check for a bbq pit on the east side...

Vehicles
      05-17-2008 10:16 AM #156
      When you drive into Hewitt Park there are two main parking areas. Fisrt area on the left is decent with a covered gathering area next to the parking with benches and such. The back parking area is nice and open, if we got a good showing we could fill it up. And there are pits out there.... extremely quite park, and good enviornment.

Sorry to hear about the weather striping, but at least you have a window now.

17. 05-17-2008 08:32 PM #157
      sounds like a plan, if i remember hewitt park oversees lake waco right??

Vehicles
      05-18-2008 12:57 PM #158
      negative

Vehicles
      05-18-2008 08:30 PM #159
      Quote, originally posted by TheWolfsburg »
      So sat. June 28th then ....... IN STONE!

Now I cant do it on that day. Im pissed.

20. 05-18-2008 11:57 PM #160
      ahhhh ... i might be going to goodys this wednesday... well im going to try to.. its hard because my girl works nights and most people dont show up til 9, i have to leave at 930 so she can get to work at 10. i think we should do something on saturday nights, like sit on valley mills in some random parking lot and watch people race

Vehicles
      05-19-2008 06:52 PM #161
      I get off at 9 on this wed. If you are going back to the parking lot, I will meet you there. Usually work late (like nine-ish) on Sat. nights, but if you want to go out there late, let me know. We are going to make this work

Vehicles
      00 12V VRsex
      05-21-2008 12:31 AM #162
      you guys should defently try to come out the more the merrier
      VRalliance member #157

Vehicles
      05-22-2008 09:41 PM #163
      Missed ya last night Kieth... hope everything is ok with your sister.

Mike: I am hot on the prowl for a donor car!

24. 05-22-2008 11:44 PM #164
      nice i put some of my other projects on craigslist, time to clean the garage out....

also does this make you happy??

Just a wash no wax.. my head lights dont look to bad from a small distance

Im anxious to tear apart the front end just not ready

Modified by leperkuan at 10:47 PM 5-22-2008

Vehicles
      05-23-2008 10:56 AM #165
      Much better....now just start shooting those birds hanging out in your trees so they wont poop on it anymore. You only have to make an example out of one and the rest should go away

26. 05-23-2008 01:53 PM #166
      i was thinking about that yesterday as i parked it under the tree... anything going down this weekend?

Vehicles
      05-23-2008 11:34 PM #167
      Nothing I know of except for the One-Point Club get together out on Lover's Leap. They said it was starting at 2pm. I will be a graduation GTG for a friend though

28. 05-24-2008 05:50 PM #168
      never heard of such

Vehicles
      05-25-2008 12:36 AM #169
      One-Point is the car club that Kieth is a part of, and most of the guys that are out there on Wed nights. They were saying last Wed. that today was thier annual meet.

30. 05-25-2008 02:37 AM #170
      ah ok i realized earlier that tonight was also rally on the valley and man was there a bunch of people out there. i think the actual happening is tomorrow but everyone knows saturday night is the original... i would of went to lovers leap today if i would have known its not even a mile from my house

Vehicles
      05-25-2008 10:44 AM #171
      Me and the wife actually went out to valley and grabbed some food. We sat and watched for a while. I didnt have my pphone on me to get your text. We were just getting home around then. How did you find out about it being "Rally on the Valley" night? Where do you find these postings?

Vehicles
      05-25-2008 04:04 PM #172

33. 05-26-2008 12:52 AM #173
      rally on the valley has been around since i can remember i just tottally forgot! its once a year, saturday night of memorial day weekend. but i do believe the city changed it into a parade on sunday mornings in the downtown area.... and if i remember now there a car show in the morning at mcc on saturday but they may have changed that.

Thats a very good deal for that car but its all the way in flordia

Vehicles
      00 12V VRsex
      05-26-2008 02:05 PM #174
      yah the meet was bad ass, tons of cars and lots of food, had a great time wish you guys could have came
      VRalliance member #157

Vehicles
      05-27-2008 10:16 PM #175
      Kieth.... check into it!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/...DTEXT

And for Mike........
      http://waco.craigslist.org/car/696568042.html

Modified by TheWolfsburg at 10:17 PM 5-27-2008

Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast