Vehicles
      2003 gti
      03-20-2008 01:18 AM #76
      04VDubGLI have you gotten a chip yet

Vehicles
      1986 mk2 GTi 20VT
      03-20-2008 04:46 AM #77
      Quote, originally posted by sgti »
      One question that has prob come up before, but i cannot seem to find..
      Can the oil and water feed lines / returns from the k03s be used with the k04?

No, you cannot use then if you are using a K04-02X.
      I modified the water line, and bought the TT225 oil line.
      EIGH-T6 // "Give me enough traction, and I will spin the WORLD!"
      Portugal // Europe
      MS II V3.0: http://eight620vt.tk/

3. 03-20-2008 07:48 AM #78
      What modification did you make to the water line to make it fit / work?
      Any suggestion where i can get the oil line from? I asked my audi dealer and they quoted me £85 ($170)
      Am i correct in saying the oil return and water return from the k03s can be used?
      Scott

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 1.8t GTI - K04-022
      03-20-2008 10:10 AM #79
      They can, but it is not worth it. I can bet you that you will be spending more time to get it to work. Try ebay or a wrecking yard of some sorts or even on here... Or try to make your own or order the pro-imports ones.

5. 03-21-2008 07:35 AM #80

Vehicles
      04.5 VW GLI 1.8T
      03-21-2008 11:18 AM #81
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWD2V
      is this what i need??

Those are for an oil cooler, not for an oil feed or oil return. If there is some possibility that they are the correct length and fittings then I guess maybe you could try them, but I don't know.

7. 03-21-2008 08:55 PM #82
      2 days to go! Sunday we are swapping my K04-022 in. My setup will be built with all the normal stuff + some new goodies:
      Silicone TIP
      The new 42DD downpipe with test pipe.
      Magnaflow 5X8 center in center out directly after the DP with a turndown just after the exhaust crossmember.

This will be in addition to APR93 Stage1 tune (see how well I can tune on top of this), EuroCustoms FMIC, ECS CAI, Bailey DV.
      Once it is up and running, turboXS ball/spring + Bleeder MBC, Devils Own Stage 1 water meth injection ( set to inject at 3/4 throttle via micro switch on the throttle body).
      If the APR wont cut it, selling ECU and going Unitronics.
      And last but not least.... if my wife doesnt kill me by then.... IE drop in rods and bearings... keeping stock pistons/rings as compression is perfect across all 4.

8. 03-24-2008 05:20 PM #83
      Well we had some issues.... The oil feed line is a major pain in the butt... so that set us back some time last night... Turbo to manifold bolts were wronge so they will be in on wed.
      Right now the turbo is mounted (with temp bolts) and all the lines are where they are suposed to go and snug. BUT the oil return line doesnt work... at all. The stock one has the right bend at the old pan but the overall lenght is way too short. The Audi TT one is long enough and will work but the oil pan flange is clocked totally wronge. I looked in the pics that J-Tec did and my oilpan is totally different. I have the hybrid one, which I guess is the problem.
      I thought about taking the flange off and clocking it correctly but the bend away from the motor is off and will need to be bent farther away from the block.
      My question is this. The Bottom black pipe off the oil pan on the stock line would work fine, and the top will of work but I need to lenghten the flex line in the middle. I have never made oil/coolant lines like this, anyone got any ideas or how to extend the flex section?

9. 03-25-2008 09:54 AM #84
      I have never made oil/coolant lines like this, anyone got any ideas or how to extend the flex section?
      ===============================================
      simple: see how many inches you would like your line to be longer.Go to a hydraulic workshop for heavy equipment and ask them to peel of the original flex line from the 2 hard ends and to press on a longer one teflon lined.10$ about for 1 meter.

10. 03-25-2008 11:51 AM #85
      I cut both flanges&hardlines right at the coupler for the stock braided. I am dropping them off at a local race shop, they are pressing on braided for me. I bolted the flanges in the oli pan and the coil and cut and bent a piece of 1/2" bendable copper pipe to length. Ill take pics of the finish product tomorrow when I get it back.

Another set back.. my hot side stock charge pipe is 2"dia, and the TT red 90 deg boot goes from 2 inch to 3.. so that wont work. not I need a 90deg 2" silicone and a 2" straight silicon cuppler to make that work.

Vehicles
      2004 Audi A4 1.8T
      03-25-2008 01:31 PM #86
      and the new K04 thread builds slowly.. i love it haha. i always tell my self im gunna go Stage 3+ but thats just me talkin shi* lol i cant afford that and the labor.. so K04 is where im at for now.. i love it in here though..
      on a k04-02x with rods and pistons.. how hard can u push the turbo? and is it even worth it?
      B6 A4 1.8T Dolphin Grey --> 3' turboback AWE exhaust --AWE DV1 D.v-- ITG drop in panel filter--20% tints all around -- GIAC FX tune(coming soon)

Vehicles
      04.5 VW GLI 1.8T
      03-25-2008 03:42 PM #87
      Quote, originally posted by kkkustom »
      I cut both flanges&hardlines right at the coupler for the stock braided. I am dropping them off at a local race shop, they are pressing on braided for me. I bolted the flanges in the oli pan and the coil and cut and bent a piece of 1/2" bendable copper pipe to length. Ill take pics of the finish product tomorrow when I get it back.

Another set back.. my hot side stock charge pipe is 2"dia, and the TT red 90 deg boot goes from 2 inch to 3.. so that wont work. not I need a 90deg 2" silicone and a 2" straight silicon cuppler to make that work.

The TT one goes from 2-2.5" Though it's actually probably more like 2.25-2.75" ish. I'm running the a 2" elbow and I had to do some shoving to get it on there and I also had to 45 both of the entrances.
      If you need some t-bolts to fit that drop me a PM. I have a set or two lying around still... they were really hard to find for some reason.

Vehicles
      2004 Audi A4 1.8T
      03-25-2008 06:02 PM #88
      anything on my post? DUB what u think u can help me ?
      B6 A4 1.8T Dolphin Grey --> 3' turboback AWE exhaust --AWE DV1 D.v-- ITG drop in panel filter--20% tints all around -- GIAC FX tune(coming soon)

Vehicles
      2004 VW gti 1.8t
      03-25-2008 06:12 PM #89
      Quote, originally posted by stevec1.8t »
      on a k04-02x with rods and pistons.. how hard can u push the turbo? and is it even worth it?

its a "small big turbo" my 2 cents says its not worth it to get rods and pistons. Nothing is going to bend with lets say as an example 300 hp/ 300tq

Vehicles
      2004 Audi A4 1.8T
      03-25-2008 06:19 PM #90
      how much power do our cars lose to the wheels ..off topic i know kinda but im curiosu if i have a K04 tuned very well and Good supporting mods.. say i have 245WHP and idk 300WTQ .. what is that at the crank?

16. 03-25-2008 07:37 PM #91
      I ordered a 2" 90 deg elbow, 2" straight and a stainless coupler and t-bolt clamps from SiliconIntakes.com for like $50 Shipped will be here friday. That will fix that issue until I make a new charge pipe the right way.
      I went to a hydrolic hose shop, that was reccomended to me by a few hot rod guys. They brazed on 2, 3/4" barbs onto the hardlines and added 14 inches of 300PSI hydrolic line... so that will work great for the oil return line.
      To answer Stevec.1.8t's rod + K04-2xquestion... There are only 1 or 2 cases of busted rods that I remember from reading all 90 pages from the last thread. 300whp is about the breaking point as found out by some GT28 and GT2871 guys here. Next project down the road will be drop in IE rods and maxing out this turbo. I know this turbo is used in s4's and older porsche 944 guys and they make some really good power, more so that we have seen here I want to say.

Vehicles
      04.5 VW GLI 1.8T
      03-26-2008 12:07 AM #92
      Quote, originally posted by kkkustom »
      I ordered a 2" 90 deg elbow, 2" straight and a stainless coupler and t-bolt clamps from SiliconIntakes.com for like $50 Shipped will be here friday. That will fix that issue until I make a new charge pipe the right way.
      I went to a hydrolic hose shop, that was reccomended to me by a few hot rod guys. They brazed on 2, 3/4" barbs onto the hardlines and added 14 inches of 300PSI hydrolic line... so that will work great for the oil return line.
      To answer Stevec.1.8t's rod + K04-2xquestion... There are only 1 or 2 cases of busted rods that I remember from reading all 90 pages from the last thread. 300whp is about the breaking point as found out by some GT28 and GT2871 guys here. Next project down the road will be drop in IE rods and maxing out this turbo. I know this turbo is used in s4's and older porsche 944 guys and they make some really good power, more so that we have seen here I want to say.

In response to both this post and Stevec's....
      I entirely intend to max this turbo out. I have to be honest, money is keeping me from doing it right now as I need to get at least $100-$120 together so I can dyno the Revo k04-02x vs. Unitronic before starting into any of the new projects. Then I have to spend some labor to get some more things done as well. Without giving away too much, the first part of me going to my next setup was getting rid of Revo beacuse I needed to get a better AFR and get rid of a few things (AKA Uni is tuned for a 1.8T maf sensor and runs correctly and Revo wasn't willing to do any deletes for k04 sw). Anyhow, I'll share my results as they occur. This turbo should be able to make 240-250whp/270-280wtq for just about anyone best I can tell thus far. We'll see soon. I have an extra mod or two (ABD intake manifold + Forge WGA), but my dynos will be representative of someone running Revo and Uni as they were written. If anyone wants to see numbers from dynos I'll happily give you my paypal address and take your money as a donation towards my dyno fund .
      Also, kkkustom, these turbos on an s4/944 are completely different beasts. You're only pushing ~1.35l through the turbine wheel/housing as opposed to 1.8l. Therefore you can run them at 20psi+ forever pretty much. The limiting factor then becomes the compressor wheel, but that's no problem as you can get a hybrid k04 and have a better comp wheel and make even more. The issue with this turbo right now on a 1.8l is the turbine wheel + housing - which is entirely different than a 944 or s4. I have my own plans for all of that once I get past dynoing what I have now. I'm going to do it as I get money, so who knows when that'll be - unless people start buying all of the parts I have for sale or donating me money it'll be a while. I'll share someday though.

18. 03-26-2008 12:52 AM #93
      any one know if the k04 in the 225 TT can be swaped into a a4 1.8t? or is the housing diffrent then the standered k04

Vehicles
      2004 A4 Avant, Alleged 1.8T MK3
      03-26-2008 10:54 AM #94
      anyone know how I can get ahold of the stock TT225 diverter hose for the K04 setup? I have been using the stock K03s diverter line, but because of its location it is kinked and looks like crap. Can I get it anywhere else besides the dealer? Thanks
      N.E.K.

Vehicles
      2001 GTI 1.8 BT, 2015 GTI 6 Speed
      03-26-2008 11:13 AM #95
      Quote, originally posted by jettasmooth »
      anyone know how I can get ahold of the stock TT225 diverter hose for the K04 setup? I have been using the stock K03s diverter line, but because of its location it is kinked and looks like crap. Can I get it anywhere else besides the dealer? Thanks

Any right sized vacuum hose from a parts store should work just fine and alot cheaper. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      2004 A4 Avant, Alleged 1.8T MK3
      03-26-2008 11:17 AM #96
      Quote, originally posted by 01gtiaww »
      Any right sized vacuum hose from a parts store should work just fine and alot cheaper. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

yeah but it doesn't have the 90 deg. bend to hug the stock charge pipe. The stock TT charge pipe has a little bracket to hold the line in place. Without an engine cover, it will look like butt.
      see:

PS: I still have alot of engine bay cleanup to do.....

Modified by jettasmooth at 11:19 AM 3-26-2008
      N.E.K.

Vehicles
      03-26-2008 11:57 AM #97
      SO cut it in half keeping the 90 degree bend and use a vacuum connector to connect a piece of hose so it won't be kinked. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

23. 03-26-2008 05:24 PM #98
      kinda off topic but not becasue it is in refrence to the odd shapped DV line, and I brought up the heater core hoses as well... Anyone have any good ways to form or mold a nice kinkless bend into standard straight section of vac or coolant hose?

Vehicles
      03-26-2008 05:42 PM #99
      Do you mean you have a bend in a line and you want to un-kink it? If that is the case, when I have kinks, I use hose clamps. I wrap a hose clamp around where it is kinked and tighten till the kink rounds out to the size of the hose clamp. Works prettty good actually.

25. 03-26-2008 09:45 PM #100
      One question that has prob come up before, but i cannot seem to find..
      Can the oil and water feed lines / returns from the k03s be used with the k04?

The stock oil feed is a big no way. Stock oil return is a sorta no way. Stock coolant feed no way and the stock coolant return you use half of. your stock comming off the coolant globe and half of the audi TT piece off the turbo and join them with new straight 3/8" coolant line.
      Stock Oil return i said sorta no way... becasue first off it is about 3 inches too short. I cut the braided section out, on the oil pan side and the turbo side right at the crimp connection. That left me with about 3 inches of straight hard line for each flange for a hydrolic hose shop to braze on 2 brass 3/4" fittings and press on a section about 13" long worth of hydrolic hose. I can add pics tomorrow of the finished product. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast