anything new?? and lemme know when you're ready to sell 'er back to me!!
Quote, originally posted by DeezUU » anything new?? and lemme know when you're ready to sell 'er back to me!!
Nothing really. I got the valve cover and oil cap chromed. I will have to get some pictures of that. I need to get a new battery and rebuild the carb this spring. That is it for now. I don't think I will be selling this. There are a few others for sale though.
Quote, originally posted by YJSAABMAN » Car looked good at the Long Level GTG back in Nov. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
When are the bike carbs going on?
Thanks, bike carbs are gone. Going to keep it more original.
Its been awhile, but here's an update. I took the polo to a friend of a friend to sort out the carb and get it running properly. After years of not being able to push the choke it without it shutting off, problem solved.
He cleaned a couple jets, mainly the ones in the idle circuit, and adjusted the idle. Now I can idle at about 950 rpm without the car shutting off. Also took care of the hot start issue.
The other thing I figured out today is that the motor is actually a 0.9L and not a 1.1L like I was told.
Next on the list is adjusting the valve rockers to try and quiet down the top end a little bit.
Well it is always something. The car is finally running nicely after the carb works, and now the heater core has gone.
I was amazed at how easy the heater box is to access. It is just under the rain tray.
So I took it out and looped the hoses until I can get another one. I am going to fix the high speed on the fan while I am at it.
And here is the engine since I cleaned it up and chromed the valve cover. I don't think I posted pics of that earlier.
Well I guess I am picking away at little problems. Hopefully soon I can address the body instead of keeping it running.
So it has been quite a while since I have done anything or updated this. I threw the polo in the classifieds for a short stint just out of curiosity. What I have decided to do with the birth of our first child, a new dog, and lots of work/house project going on is to sell my rabbit pickup project and focus on the polo. One semi project car that I can just pick away at slowly.
Here are the only recent updates I have.
Took the Welds off and went to Summer Sizzle in York with the stock wheels on.
Picked up some new wheels that needed a little work.
Took it to Vag Fair with a Yakima rack and Jackson Kayak on to display some things for work.
With the selling of one project I have some plans for the polo this winter. Hopefully life doesn't get in the way.
Some other updates. I have had this motor sitting in the garage for awhile now. Came out of Biodome's derby. 1.3L HH motor with twin webers mounted on a VWMS manifold. My plan is to really build this, clean, and tune it properly to make this car even more fun to drive. Also need to get my hands on another tranny to mate this to.
Had it for sale for awhile. After 7 years was ready for something fresh. But today I ordered coilovers with new bearings and hubs from the UK. So it is sticking around for awhile. Will also be getting some quotes on body and paint.
It has been awhile, but I do have a few things going on.
Just got coilovers that I ordered from Jackson Tuning and had Orchid Euro import for me.
Also picked up a set of Centra Type 7s and Federal 165/45/15 tires. Dropped the wheels off at 4EverKustoms today to have center caps make and the wheels refinished.
Also plan on going over all the suspension and brake components. Replacing, refinishing, and upgrading as much as I can.
Realized it has been awhile since I have posted any updates.
Put a new cover on the drivers seat. Fabric isn't great, but there is no big hole in the bolster.
Rear beam dropped.
Starting stripping inner fenders.
Wheels are finished and mounted, but...with the textured finish they won't hold air. So rather than just try to fix the mounting area, they are being re-done in a new finish.
VWII caliper upgrade blasted and painted
Rear beam and front swaybar cleaned and painted.
Calipers, rear beam brackets, and front LCA painted. Plus new bushings in LCAs.
In the process up putting rear beam back together with 200mm drum upgraded and poly bushings.
Making progress. Still a lot to do. Just keep reminding myself I am in no real hurry.