Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 590 of 621 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600 ... LastLast
    Results 20,616 to 20,650 of 21712

    Thread: Central Illinois VAG Enthusiasts


    1. Member smith septic racing's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2008
      Location
      Springfield
      Posts
      778
      Vehicles
      98' vw passat (gone but not forgotten) - 03' Audi a4 (sold) - 11' Jetta 2.slow (sold), 91' Gti 8v
      08-16-2012 07:01 PM #20617
      Oldie but a goodie!

    2. Member dkashbmx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2009
      Location
      East Peoria IL
      Posts
      3,084
      08-17-2012 09:05 AM #20618
      anyone know of anyone selling a diesel!!? preferably a turbo diesel!!!

    3. 08-17-2012 09:09 AM #20619
      Quote Originally Posted by dkashbmx View Post
      anyone know of anyone selling a diesel!!? preferably a turbo diesel!!!
      um, how about you just shave the bay of the MKII and not get another project first....

    4. Member dkashbmx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2009
      Location
      East Peoria IL
      Posts
      3,084
      08-17-2012 10:58 AM #20620
      Quote Originally Posted by Pssst...passedyou View Post
      um, how about you just shave the bay of the MKII and not get another project first....
      haha, I dont want another project. I just want another daily. Im sick of this slow 2.0 gasser.

    5. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 2002
      Location
      chicagoland
      Posts
      27,363
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      08-21-2012 04:47 PM #20621
      Hey Chris where are pictars from treffen?

      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...2012-Show-Pics
      Quote Originally Posted by VikingVR6GTI View Post
      Yep, that was my first thought too. A nice set does not automatically make a chick attractive. Especially when that "chick" is a dude.
      Buy my 2.5L EVO header
      Buy my OZ Futuras

    6. Member 1.8t gtilove's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2007
      Location
      central il
      Posts
      5,976
      Vehicles
      03' volkswagen gti
      08-21-2012 05:22 PM #20622
      10 to 12hr days is where the pictures are...........

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2005
      Location
      Cary, il
      Posts
      5,022
      Vehicles
      13 GLI, 10 tundra, 12 rzr xp4
      08-21-2012 06:37 PM #20623
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8t gtilove View Post
      10 to 12hr days is where the pictures are...........
      says the guy that just got back from a mini vaca

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2005
      Location
      Cary, il
      Posts
      5,022
      Vehicles
      13 GLI, 10 tundra, 12 rzr xp4
      08-21-2012 06:50 PM #20624
      the picture does no justice for this. picture a twin turbo V8 side hillling a wheelie on a pretty decent grade for a couple hundred feet

      VW content

    9. Member dkashbmx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2009
      Location
      East Peoria IL
      Posts
      3,084
      08-23-2012 10:07 PM #20625
      Quote Originally Posted by Ted Brogan View Post
      the picture does no justice for this. picture a twin turbo V8 side hillling a wheelie on a pretty decent grade for a couple hundred feet

      [/IMG]


    10. Member 1.8t gtilove's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2007
      Location
      central il
      Posts
      5,976
      Vehicles
      03' volkswagen gti
      08-25-2012 09:39 AM #20626
      that place looks oddly familiar....

    11. Member thirty2valves's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2007
      Location
      Peoria, IL
      Posts
      632
      Vehicles
      2003 Eurovan, 2003 Monster, 1998 GTI VR6t, 2001 Cabrio
      08-28-2012 09:45 AM #20627
      2 of my favorite shots from the cruise, that I've seen, thanks Chris & Nicole!





      Overall it was a good summer, got to go to 2 medium sized shows & 1 big one, looking forward to next year having the cabrio ready for some action

      We are for sure going to sowo next year, would be killer to have a midwest group down there

      Any volunteers to put together a fall cruise/gtg? within the next couple of months would be ideal
      keep it simple, keep it clean, keep it euro

    12. 08-28-2012 02:05 PM #20628
      looking to reserve a cabin now for SOWO.

      I can not miss it next year.

      Congrats to all of the Central Il folks who won awards this year, remember to stack parts over the winter and come back even stronger for 2013.

    13. Member dkashbmx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2009
      Location
      East Peoria IL
      Posts
      3,084
      08-30-2012 04:29 PM #20629
      Quote Originally Posted by Pssst...passedyou View Post
      looking to reserve a cabin now for SOWO.

      I can not miss it next year.

      Congrats to all of the Central Il folks who won awards this year, remember to stack parts over the winter and come back even stronger for 2013.
      Im going to as well!!!

    14. Member shawnlgarrett's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 25th, 2010
      Location
      springfield, il
      Posts
      201
      Vehicles
      2000 Volkswagen Jetta
      09-02-2012 11:17 AM #20630
      BACK! Hey guys, It's been about a year since I sold my mk4 but I'm back with an eos now -_- worthwhile upgrade in my opinion.
      Quote Originally Posted by Lower it!! View Post
      You paid for those photos?

    15. Member KO-R32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 12th, 2004
      Location
      Peoria, IL
      Posts
      1,389
      Vehicles
      Golf R32
      09-03-2012 11:46 AM #20631
      Quote Originally Posted by Chalm View Post
      You going to run that Golf over here, so I can look at the paint on that hood?
      Got the hood back into shape - Clay/Polish/Wax =

      It just required some time & effort, who'd of thought
      ~Karl

      2004 Golf .:R32
      2011 Golf 2.5L

    16. Member Chalm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cornbelt
      Posts
      3,869
      Vehicles
      04' GTI
      09-04-2012 11:12 PM #20632
      Good deal....what ended up being the pad and polish combo of choice?

    17. Member greenMK4's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      central IL
      Posts
      3,044
      Vehicles
      yamaha r6, 2007 passat
      09-05-2012 08:58 PM #20633
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8t gtilove View Post
      10 to 12hr days is where the pictures are...........
      hey, a q for you. have you guys had any issues etc with stephs mk5?

    18. Member KO-R32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 12th, 2004
      Location
      Peoria, IL
      Posts
      1,389
      Vehicles
      Golf R32
      09-06-2012 09:08 PM #20634
      Quote Originally Posted by Chalm View Post
      Good deal....what ended up being the pad and polish combo of choice?
      Just the mild machine polish and hand pads with the gold wax. Now I just have to the the rest of the car!
      ~Karl

      2004 Golf .:R32
      2011 Golf 2.5L

    19. Member greenMK4's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      central IL
      Posts
      3,044
      Vehicles
      yamaha r6, 2007 passat
      09-07-2012 10:34 AM #20635




      Last edited by greenMK4; 09-07-2012 at 10:51 AM.

    20. Member greenMK4's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      central IL
      Posts
      3,044
      Vehicles
      yamaha r6, 2007 passat
      09-07-2012 03:15 PM #20636
      anyone looking for a cheap winter vehicle and willing to put in a little work...i have a 98 4x4 gmc jimmy for sale. 206K miles. decent shape. hitch. 4.3 runs like a champ. trans took a crap (thinking tq conv-its noisy). $500 cashola.

    21. Member 1.8t gtilove's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2007
      Location
      central il
      Posts
      5,976
      Vehicles
      03' volkswagen gti
      09-08-2012 07:56 AM #20637
      Quote Originally Posted by greenMK4 View Post
      hey, a q for you. have you guys had any issues etc with stephs mk5?

      mechanically it's been great with 100k on it. the only issues we have had are the front fenders are both rusting and the sunroof is messed upright now. if you are thnking about looking at them i could bring hers over if you would like to take it for a drive. sorry to hear about the jimmy.

    22. Member shawnlgarrett's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 25th, 2010
      Location
      springfield, il
      Posts
      201
      Vehicles
      2000 Volkswagen Jetta
      09-08-2012 01:51 PM #20638
      Stock for now :'(
      Quote Originally Posted by Lower it!! View Post
      You paid for those photos?

    23. 09-08-2012 03:27 PM #20639
      Hello, Central Illinois. I've got something going on for VW/Audi in St.Louis in a couple of weeks.

      I've put together a show-and-shine cruise on Saturday, the 22nd for all VW/Audi. Go to Facebook and look up Midwest Blitzkreig event. All the details are there.

      Then I've arranged a VW/Audi headsup dragracing class in the Import Faceoff event at Gateway Motorsports Park on the 23rd. Aside from the drgaracing, there are a bunch of show classes for your static entertainment.

      http://www.importfaceoff.net/st_louis.htm

      I'm going to try to leach on to the IFO event each year with a weekend of VW/Audi stuff so keep this in mind for the future.

      dave...
      St.Louis Blues hockey fan!
      The blackhawks suck.

    24. Member 1.8t gtilove's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2007
      Location
      central il
      Posts
      5,976
      Vehicles
      03' volkswagen gti
      09-08-2012 09:50 PM #20640
      Oh Mr. Corbitt......i thought by now you would have given up on your dreams of going fast
      It's good to see your still alive. Tommy was talking about you a few weeks ago but i can't remember why. Anyways it's nice to see you guys are putting something on and i hope to make it down to help push your "drag car" down the strip
      Last edited by 1.8t gtilove; 09-12-2012 at 05:31 AM.

    25. Member greenMK4's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      central IL
      Posts
      3,044
      Vehicles
      yamaha r6, 2007 passat
      09-09-2012 07:57 AM #20641
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8t gtilove View Post
      mechanically it's been great with 100k on it. the only issues we have had are the front fenders are both rusting and the sunroof is messed upright now. if you are thnking about looking at them i could bring hers over if you would like to take it for a drive. sorry to hear about the jimmy.


      Thinking about it. Have to Get something in the near future. Hard to make any decision. Had to dig up the yard for the sewer so probably better to wait till after Christmas. I can get an ls1 gto for around the same $ :/ on the other hand i could footy my dog or music equipment in the back hatch of a gti and Heather like it more.

    26. Member Chalm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cornbelt
      Posts
      3,869
      Vehicles
      04' GTI
      09-09-2012 07:51 PM #20642
      Quote Originally Posted by KO-R32 View Post
      Just the mild machine polish and hand pads with the gold wax. Now I just have to the the rest of the car!
      I own machines....if you want to speed up the process.

    27. Member Chalm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cornbelt
      Posts
      3,869
      Vehicles
      04' GTI
      09-09-2012 07:51 PM #20643
      Quote Originally Posted by greenMK4 View Post
      Thinking about it. Have to Get something in the near future. Hard to make any decision. Had to dig up the yard for the sewer so probably better to wait till after Christmas. I can get an ls1 gto for around the same $ :/ on the other hand i could footy my dog or music equipment in the back hatch of a gti and Heather like it more.
      I should sell you my wagon............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..

    28. 09-10-2012 09:05 PM #20644
      Hello all. I'm located in Springfield and have owned many VAG cars in the past. I have been on the vortex since 2001 or so but have been absent for the past 4-5 years due to owning a Chevy Impala SS. Yeah I know. I'm in the process of selling it and getting back into a vw. I was very active in the STLVW club if they are still around.

      Cars of my past.

      02 VW GTI 1.8t
      91 VW GTI 8v
      91 VW GTI VR6 swap.
      01 Audi A4 1.8tqm
      98 VW Jetta VR6

      All cars were modded and very much fun to own. I will try to post pics later tonight when I get to my computer

      I'm looking for a GLI 2.0t dsg to replace my Impala if you know of any nice ones FS.

      Hope to meet all of you at some point.

    29. Member Chalm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cornbelt
      Posts
      3,869
      Vehicles
      04' GTI
      09-10-2012 11:34 PM #20645
      Welcome aboard.

    30. Member 1.8t gtilove's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2007
      Location
      central il
      Posts
      5,976
      Vehicles
      03' volkswagen gti
      09-11-2012 06:56 PM #20646
      Quote Originally Posted by Slowsol1.8T View Post
      Hello all. I'm located in Springfield and have owned many VAG cars in the past. I have been on the vortex since 2001 or so but have been absent for the past 4-5 years due to owning a Chevy Impala SS. Yeah I know. I'm in the process of selling it and getting back into a vw. I was very active in the STLVW club if they are still around.

      Cars of my past.

      02 VW GTI 1.8t
      91 VW GTI 8v
      91 VW GTI VR6 swap.
      01 Audi A4 1.8tqm
      98 VW Jetta VR6

      All cars were modded and very much fun to own. I will try to post pics later tonight when I get to my computer

      I'm looking for a GLI 2.0t dsg to replace my Impala if you know of any nice ones FS.

      Hope to meet all of you at some point.
      welcome back. any interest in a 06' gti?

    31. Member greenMK4's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      central IL
      Posts
      3,044
      Vehicles
      yamaha r6, 2007 passat
      09-11-2012 07:29 PM #20647
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8t gtilove View Post
      welcome back. any interest in a 06' gti?
      whats she replacing that with? mk7?

    32. Member 1.8t gtilove's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2007
      Location
      central il
      Posts
      5,976
      Vehicles
      03' volkswagen gti
      09-12-2012 05:24 AM #20648
      Quote Originally Posted by greenMK4 View Post
      whats she replacing that with? mk7?
      maybe a jeep

    33. Member greenMK4's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      central IL
      Posts
      3,044
      Vehicles
      yamaha r6, 2007 passat
      09-12-2012 08:56 AM #20649
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8t gtilove View Post
      maybe a jeep

    34. 09-12-2012 09:12 AM #20650
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8t gtilove View Post
      maybe a jeep
      O...M....G....

    Page 590 of 621 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •