Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 640 of 727 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650690 ... LastLast
    Results 15,976 to 16,000 of 18169

    Thread: Alabama People

    1. Member 1SlowA4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Montgomery,Al
      Posts
      317
      05-02-2012 10:11 AM #15976
      Quote Originally Posted by brianao34 View Post
      Want to trade for a rabbit?
      wait wait furry kind or vroom vroom put kind??

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 19th, 2010
      Location
      bama
      Posts
      426
      Vehicles
      03 jetta IV gli vr6 24v(sold) 2012 Gli autobahn man.
      05-02-2012 03:21 PM #15977
      hey guys...just checkin in...how goes it evrybody?

    3. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2012
      Location
      Alabama
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2012 MKVI GTI 4dr
      05-02-2012 04:43 PM #15978
      So bought the VWR filter last night. Went with it over the K&N due to not having to oil it. Oil + MAF apparently doesnt mix well.

    4. 05-02-2012 04:54 PM #15979
      Quote Originally Posted by 1SlowA4 View Post
      wait wait furry kind or vroom vroom put kind??
      Look a few posts up

    5. Member DantesGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2005
      Location
      Dothan, Alabama
      Posts
      610
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat
      05-02-2012 09:45 PM #15980
      Quote Originally Posted by Justin_Eshelman View Post
      Lol that thing is soooo tiny on that trailer? Interested in just selling the bed top cover?
      i was just about to hit you up and tell you about this cover!
      Life is like a Christmas tree, there is always someone there to bust your balls

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2012
      Location
      Alabama
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2012 MKVI GTI 4dr
      05-03-2012 12:12 AM #15981
      Boost gauges in the left most vent. Thoughts? Looked at AWE and ECS ones. AWE looks a bit more finished than the ECS.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    7. Member Redapex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2004
      Location
      Auburn, AL
      Posts
      3,129
      Vehicles
      2011 CSG MKVI
      05-03-2012 12:28 AM #15982
      Quote Originally Posted by A_Bowers View Post
      Boost gauges in the left most vent. Thoughts? Looked at AWE and ECS ones. AWE looks a bit more finished than the ECS.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      I'm not familiar with the ECS gauge but I have an AWE one I'll sell you, but I'll need your vent cover. It looks great, I get a lot of compliments on it but I honestly never look at. I've got the boost tap as well. Let me know if you want it, I'll need your vent cover though and maybe the hose that the tap replaces... But Im sure we can work something out.
      Last edited by Redapex; 05-03-2012 at 12:42 AM.
      MKVI CSG APR Stage III
      MKIV 337 - RIP

    8. Member Jamxx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Birmingham/Auburn AL
      Posts
      2,624
      Vehicles
      2004.5 Broken GLI
      05-03-2012 02:04 AM #15983
      Quote Originally Posted by Redapex View Post
      I'm not familiar with the ECS gauge but I have an AWE one I'll sell you, but I'll need your vent cover. It looks great, I get a lot of compliments on it but I honestly never look at. I've got the boost tap as well. Let me know if you want it, I'll need your vent cover though and maybe the hose that the tap replaces... But Im sure we can work something out.
      Nnnnnoooooo don't get rid of it. Haha.
      HAI GUISE

    9. Member Redapex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2004
      Location
      Auburn, AL
      Posts
      3,129
      Vehicles
      2011 CSG MKVI
      05-03-2012 02:09 AM #15984
      Quote Originally Posted by Jamxx View Post
      Nnnnnoooooo don't get rid of it. Haha.
      MKVI CSG APR Stage III
      MKIV 337 - RIP

    10. Member 1SlowA4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Montgomery,Al
      Posts
      317
      05-03-2012 08:12 AM #15985
      Quote Originally Posted by A_Bowers View Post
      So bought the VWR filter last night. Went with it over the K&N due to not having to oil it. Oil + MAF apparently doesnt mix well.
      Its not really the oil that messes the MAF sensor up. Its the idiots who over oil them. If you take you time cleaning and prepping them, then K&N filters are great.

    11. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2012
      Location
      Alabama
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2012 MKVI GTI 4dr
      05-03-2012 09:45 AM #15986
      Quote Originally Posted by 1SlowA4 View Post
      Its not really the oil that messes the MAF sensor up. Its the idiots who over oil them. If you take you time cleaning and prepping them, then K&N filters are great.
      In addition to my filter change today I'm going to remove this soundaktor as well just to see the sound difference.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    12. Member 1SlowA4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Montgomery,Al
      Posts
      317
      05-03-2012 10:33 AM #15987
      Quote Originally Posted by A_Bowers View Post
      In addition to my filter change today I'm going to remove this soundaktor as well just to see the sound difference.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      I am jelly, that you have a sexy ass car! I need to get permission from the wifey to get into something else.

    13. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2012
      Location
      Alabama
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2012 MKVI GTI 4dr
      05-03-2012 11:20 AM #15988
      Quote Originally Posted by 1SlowA4 View Post
      I am jelly, that you have a sexy ass car! I need to get permission from the wifey to get into something else.
      Hah. This was a compromise for us. She said gotta have 4 doors. I said okay. I personally like the look of that better than the 2dr


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    14. 05-03-2012 11:44 AM #15989
      Quote Originally Posted by A_Bowers View Post
      Hah. This was a compromise for us. She said gotta have 4 doors. I said okay. I personally like the look of that better than the 2dr


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      you let her know "4 door for more whores"?

      personally love the 4 door gti's

    15. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2012
      Location
      Alabama
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2012 MKVI GTI 4dr
      05-03-2012 07:02 PM #15990


      WTF is this and do I need it?

    16. Member DantesGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2005
      Location
      Dothan, Alabama
      Posts
      610
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat
      05-03-2012 07:55 PM #15991
      Quote Originally Posted by A_Bowers View Post


      WTF is this and do I need it?
      It's a flux capacitor spacer and you definitely want that especially when you hit 88mph


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Life is like a Christmas tree, there is always someone there to bust your balls

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2012
      Location
      Alabama
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2012 MKVI GTI 4dr
      05-03-2012 08:09 PM #15992
      Quote Originally Posted by DantesGTI View Post
      It's a flux capacitor spacer and you definitely want that especially when you hit 88mph


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thank you for that. But in all seriousness. The only thing I can think of for it's use is to either quiet the intake noise or to distribute air equally through the box.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    18. Member BeetleGpx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2004
      Location
      Anniston, AL
      Posts
      428
      Vehicles
      Hilde: 85 Golf 8v
      05-04-2012 11:28 AM #15993
      Anyone gong to be in my neighborhood this weekend? Saw some cars that looked familiar when I was up in Huntsville Wed night for the Chevelle show, didnt have time really to track em down.
      Yeah, it's an 8v. If I wanted a sporty car, I'd buy an R.

    19. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2012
      Location
      Alabama
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2012 MKVI GTI 4dr
      05-04-2012 12:58 PM #15994
      Anyone on here own a lowered MKV GLI tornado red? There is one in McCalla that I see all the time parked in the jcpenny lot.

    20. Member evertoconquer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2008
      Location
      Sylacauga, AL
      Posts
      2,010
      Vehicles
      07 Maxima SE, 86 Cabrio, 81 Caddy
      05-04-2012 01:16 PM #15995
      Quote Originally Posted by BeetleGpx View Post
      Anyone gong to be in my neighborhood this weekend? Saw some cars that looked familiar when I was up in Huntsville Wed night for the Chevelle show, didnt have time really to track em down.
      I'm pretty sure nobody from Huntsville post here. That's H2O territory.
      Quote Originally Posted by aadosx View Post
      But that should be a hint not to poke the rear so much. Just my two cents.
      I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here!
      -Mitch Hedberg

    21. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2012
      Location
      Alabama
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2012 MKVI GTI 4dr
      05-04-2012 01:49 PM #15996




      Only electric vehicle I'll ever drive.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2011
      Location
      Auburn/Dothan, Alabama
      Posts
      152
      Vehicles
      2001 12v, 1997 Honda Accord
      05-04-2012 01:55 PM #15997
      Hey Andrew, have you found/seen any quality/reasonably priced exhaust shops around the McCalla/Bessemer area?

    23. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2012
      Location
      Alabama
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2012 MKVI GTI 4dr
      05-04-2012 03:00 PM #15998
      There are a few in downtown Bessemer. Don't know if I would trust them though.

    24. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2012
      Location
      Alabama
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2012 MKVI GTI 4dr
      05-04-2012 04:00 PM #15999
      I really can't recall one however that doesn't mean they aren't out there. I just have never needed them.




      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    25. Member BeetleGpx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2004
      Location
      Anniston, AL
      Posts
      428
      Vehicles
      Hilde: 85 Golf 8v
      05-05-2012 12:25 AM #16000
      Quote Originally Posted by evertoconquer View Post
      I'm pretty sure nobody from Huntsville post here. That's H2O territory.
      Meh, figured as much. Didn't know if they were still running around.
      Yeah, it's an 8v. If I wanted a sporty car, I'd buy an R.

    Page 640 of 727 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650690 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •