Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Flashing Wrench warning light in information cluster

1. 03-01-2008 01:19 PM #1
      Hey,

I own a 2006 VW Jetta TDI. When I put the key into the ignition of the car, all of the regular warning lights come on in the dashboard like usual. When i start the car, in the information cluster, a small wrench figure starts to flash for about 4 seconds and then goes out. Does anyone else have the same thing? is this something I should go get checked out?

thanks for your help

blake

Vehicles
      2012 MR Beetle 2.5 5MT, 2013 RS JSW TDI 6MT
      03-01-2008 01:22 PM #2
      Hey Blake -

When that wrench flashes, there should also be a number next to it...a number under 1000. That means you have xxx miles left before your regular service is due. If you're nearing 5000, 10000, and so on, that light will come on just a reminder to get your car in for its oil change.

Hope this helps.

- Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by BluMagic View Post
      It's a VW; the sensors are as sensitive as women on that time of the month . . . and the dash is as anxious to light up as a stoner.

3. 03-01-2008 01:27 PM #3
      so you're saying that if no number appears next to it on the red screen, and it goes out shortly after the car is started that its nothing to pay attention to at this moment....

4. 03-01-2008 01:28 PM #4
      It is just a service reminder. There is nothing wrong with your car.

5. 03-01-2008 01:31 PM #5
      thanks for the replies, appriciate it a lot!

Vehicles
      2011 GTI 2dr 6M
      03-01-2008 02:20 PM #6
      If there is no number, you have gone past the 1200 km "countdown"
      Teefy Buna

Quote Originally Posted by Sump View Post
      I'm sure a lot of these guys went home after the carwash and played a little hans solo.

7. 03-01-2008 02:28 PM #7
      it means change your oil dood...

no worries.. watch the number and its how many miles you have left til svc is needed

8. 03-01-2008 08:54 PM #8
      Quote, originally posted by blake442 »
      Hey,

I own a 2006 VW Jetta TDI. When I put the key into the ignition of the car, all of the regular warning lights come on in the dashboard like usual. When i start the car, in the information cluster, a small wrench figure starts to flash for about 4 seconds and then goes out. Does anyone else have the same thing? is this something I should go get checked out?

thanks for your help

blake

All of the symbols in the instrument cluster are described in the owners manual.

9. 03-01-2008 08:57 PM #9
      Its to warn you to check to see if anyone is sneakin up on you with a wrench in hand!
      96 Golf...Gone...But not forgotten..Great ride!
      2000 Passat GLX...Gone...But not forgotten either..have scars on my knuckles from all the "wrenching" to keep it on the road!
      2008 Rabbit S, VWsport springs/OEM shocks, GTI brakes all around, GTI rear swaybar...best balanced car I've had in a while!