Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 405 of 990 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505905 ... LastLast
    Results 14,141 to 14,175 of 34643

    Thread: What did you do to your MkV today?

    1. Member Capncrnch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2010
      Location
      PtotheA
      Posts
      2,073
      Vehicles
      Past: 07' Fahrenheit GLI & 10' GTI Present: 13' GTI & 13' CC Sport +
      03-08-2012 12:36 PM #14141
      snapped a shot


    2. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2010
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      324
      Vehicles
      2009 Jetta Tdi
      03-08-2012 01:42 PM #14142
      Quote Originally Posted by Mross278 View Post
      My TSW Nurburgring Wheels came in today!

      18x8.0 ET45 Matte Bronze

      Everything was perfect except they sent me lug nuts, not bolts
      Hopefully will get that resolved ASAP.

      Got them from http://www.modbargains.com/
      Extremely nice people. Highly recommended.


      TSW by Mross278, on Flickr


      Very nice !

    3. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Mar 6th, 2012
      Location
      Toms River NJ
      Posts
      12
      Vehicles
      2006/vw/mkv
      03-08-2012 01:50 PM #14143
      wash,claybar and wax

    4. Junior Member nikedsk's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2011
      Location
      SF CA
      Posts
      98
      Vehicles
      2008 GTI EURO conversion
      03-08-2012 02:29 PM #14144
      wash claybar polished and waxed it . cleaned the engine and added a sticker for safety




    5. Member dhenry's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 9th, 2009
      Location
      Va Beach
      Posts
      2,674
      Vehicles
      mkv
      03-08-2012 05:22 PM #14145
      last week i got a tune update for my 2.5l from United Motorsports. today i took some videos. i suppose i can share them here


      these videos were taking from inside the engine bay. the first clip was taken at start up. the 2nd video is really just audio since the hood was closed.

      (can't you tell i need motor mounts)



      the only noise worth listening to are in the following time frames:
      i open the car up at 1:55
      at 2:27 I did a 2nd gear pull
      3:20 the car is spooling up
      and then anything after 4:22 is probably boring
      follow me @dominickhenry | 2.5l UM tuned! | SCCA Solo FSP class |Flickr | Build Thread | FS Benz wheels

    6. Banned 2tnicrbbt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2010
      Location
      Triangle,NC
      Posts
      3,401
      Vehicles
      2.5L
      03-08-2012 05:34 PM #14146
      sounds good man!

    7. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 11th, 2008
      Location
      Massachusetts
      Posts
      73
      Vehicles
      2008 Jetta 2.5
      03-08-2012 06:59 PM #14147
      Oil change and cabin air filter.

      Also routed an audio cable from the glove box aux port out to the front console (finally!) and routed a GPS cable up behind the radio and out by the top vent. Much nicer without all the cables hanging around everywhere.

    8. Member THE KILLER RABBIT's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2003
      Location
      Boca Raton, FL
      Posts
      13,922
      Vehicles
      09' Wolfsburg stg2 2.0T DSG
      03-08-2012 07:05 PM #14148
      Quote Originally Posted by Tachophilliac View Post
      Oil change and cabin air filter.

      Also routed an audio cable from the glove box aux port out to the front console (finally!) and routed a GPS cable up behind the radio and out by the top vent. Much nicer without all the cables hanging around everywhere.
      fo-sho

    9. Junior Member bitterness's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2008
      Location
      The Whaling City
      Posts
      49
      Vehicles
      08 GTI Four-Door
      03-08-2012 07:10 PM #14149
      got a check engine light then got 3 recalls fixed now its better than ever

    10. Member Matt_Mkv's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 28th, 2009
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      7,080
      Vehicles
      '06 GTI, '77 Corvette, '00 S10
      03-08-2012 08:39 PM #14150
      It was nice out so I spun the coils all the way down. F#ck winter.
      Instagram: @MattMkv

    11. Member fsiguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Whitby, Ontario
      Posts
      1,565
      Vehicles
      Mk5 2.0t Jetta, e28 535i
      03-08-2012 09:01 PM #14151
      Drove it!
      Instagram: @fsiguy

    12. Member
      Join Date
      May 1st, 2010
      Location
      memphis
      Posts
      103
      Vehicles
      06 gti
      03-08-2012 10:54 PM #14152
      I just had cv boot replaced,new bushings,thermostat,new oil filter housing,oil change,engine degreased,evap repair,3'' downpipe and revo stage 2.

    13. Member bryangb's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 16th, 2010
      Location
      Hanover, PA
      Posts
      15,214
      Vehicles
      '08 GTI, '12 Beetle, '91 Passat
      03-08-2012 10:59 PM #14153


      Yesterday I drove it to a job site.
      // Open Road Tuning
      Instagram: @bryangb
      bags and wheels = build thread

    14. Member phx08's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2005
      Posts
      1,670
      Vehicles
      08 Jetta SE
      03-08-2012 10:59 PM #14154
      Installed the ECS Dogbone Core ....Possibly the hardest thing to get in EVARRR had to use a jack to push the thing in all the way.

      However the shifting is smooth as anything, its comparable to cutting through a bagel with a dull knife and with the insert cutting through a bagel with an incredibly sharp knife with ease...




      2008 Black Jetta 5spd | Votex Cat-Back Exhaust | BSH CAI | ECS Dogbone Core | Custom LEDs | FX-R Bixenon 5000K Headlights |Euro Taillights | Amber Club ||| Coming soon: | C2 Performance Software | LOW

    15. Member phx08's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2005
      Posts
      1,670
      Vehicles
      08 Jetta SE
      03-08-2012 11:02 PM #14155
      Quote Originally Posted by nickbeezy View Post
      last week i got a tune update for my 2.5l from United Motorsports. today i took some videos. i suppose i can share them here


      these videos were taking from inside the engine bay. the first clip was taken at start up. the 2nd video is really just audio since the hood was closed.

      (can't you tell i need motor mounts)



      the only noise worth listening to are in the following time frames:
      i open the car up at 1:55
      at 2:27 I did a 2nd gear pull
      3:20 the car is spooling up
      and then anything after 4:22 is probably boring
      Mother of god that sounds amazing...what else do you have done to your car?
      2008 Black Jetta 5spd | Votex Cat-Back Exhaust | BSH CAI | ECS Dogbone Core | Custom LEDs | FX-R Bixenon 5000K Headlights |Euro Taillights | Amber Club ||| Coming soon: | C2 Performance Software | LOW

    16. Member vortexn's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2010
      Location
      Canandaigua, NY (585)
      Posts
      3,236
      Vehicles
      1999 Audi A4 Quattro
      03-08-2012 11:05 PM #14156
      Quote Originally Posted by phx08 View Post
      Installed the ECS Dogbone Core ....Possibly the hardest thing to get in EVARRR had to use a jack to push the thing in all the way.

      However the shifting is smooth as anything, its comparable to cutting through a bagel with a dull knife and with the insert cutting through a bagel with an incredibly sharp knife with ease...




      my bolt wont come out so i think my top mount is totally detached, i have to cut em out next week when i have a new top and lower mount from ecs
      Quote Originally Posted by bryangb View Post
      Wheel gap on VW's is much like a girl. If you can fit three fingers than it's not a keeper.

    17. Member phx08's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2005
      Posts
      1,670
      Vehicles
      08 Jetta SE
      03-08-2012 11:08 PM #14157
      Mine didn't come out either at first, i sprayed WD-40 on it...let it soak for about 10 minutes. Then used a 6ft breaker bar to get the bolt loose...worked like a charm. I think it was torqued way more than 74lbs+90 because that thing was not budging even at 150lbs.

      Good luck!
      2008 Black Jetta 5spd | Votex Cat-Back Exhaust | BSH CAI | ECS Dogbone Core | Custom LEDs | FX-R Bixenon 5000K Headlights |Euro Taillights | Amber Club ||| Coming soon: | C2 Performance Software | LOW

    18. Member vortexn's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2010
      Location
      Canandaigua, NY (585)
      Posts
      3,236
      Vehicles
      1999 Audi A4 Quattro
      03-08-2012 11:26 PM #14158
      Quote Originally Posted by phx08 View Post
      Mine didn't come out either at first, i sprayed WD-40 on it...let it soak for about 10 minutes. Then used a 6ft breaker bar to get the bolt loose...worked like a charm. I think it was torqued way more than 74lbs+90 because that thing was not budging even at 150lbs.

      Good luck!
      well when i said it wont come out i mean it just spins in place and doesnt thread out
      Quote Originally Posted by bryangb View Post
      Wheel gap on VW's is much like a girl. If you can fit three fingers than it's not a keeper.

    19. 03-08-2012 11:47 PM #14159
      APR stage 1 tune added today. The traffic was bad, so couldn't get too crazy, but I like what I felt so far

      2007 GLI w DSG - APR Stage 1

    20. Member thygreyt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2009
      Location
      fort lauderdale, FL
      Posts
      12,798
      Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      03-08-2012 11:55 PM #14160
      Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot 3 View Post
      but I like what I felt so far

      thats what she said.

    21. Member gb21914's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 6th, 2011
      Location
      Cambridge, ON
      Posts
      195
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GLI
      03-08-2012 11:58 PM #14161
      Resonator delete....tomorrow it goes back on. No way I could run that every day.
      2007 GLI - APR Stage II+
      APR / BSH / EBC / Forge / 42DD / Magnaflow / Neuspeed / Raceland

    22. Member BETOGLI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 15th, 2010
      Location
      MEXICO CITY
      Posts
      6,636
      Vehicles
      2007 JETTA GLI, 2012 GOLF GTI 35TH ANNIVERSARY
      03-09-2012 12:02 AM #14162
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post
      thats what she said.
      ...LOL

    23. Member dhenry's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 9th, 2009
      Location
      Va Beach
      Posts
      2,674
      Vehicles
      mkv
      03-09-2012 12:17 AM #14163
      Quote Originally Posted by 2tnicrbbt View Post
      sounds good man!
      thanks buddy

      Quote Originally Posted by phx08 View Post
      Mother of god that sounds amazing...what else do you have done to your car?
      besides the UM SRI, it has a eurojet catback and i just edit this picture
      P1020820
      follow me @dominickhenry | 2.5l UM tuned! | SCCA Solo FSP class |Flickr | Build Thread | FS Benz wheels

    24. Member edwilk55's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 7th, 2010
      Location
      GA
      Posts
      421
      Vehicles
      2007 Jetta Fahrenheit - 02 Jeep Wrangler - 98 Cobra Convertible - 08 Suzuki M109R - 98 Tiger Shark
      03-09-2012 01:27 AM #14164
      Quote Originally Posted by FAHRENHEITLAD View Post
      snapped a shot

      Love the pic! What app and modifications? (to the pic)
      2007 GLI Fahrenheit
      APR Stage 1
      #763/1200

      So glad I don't have to worry about "winter mode"!
      VWGIRLS.YELLOWJETTA.COM

    25. Member heimbachae's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2009
      Posts
      3,023
      Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI
      03-09-2012 07:43 AM #14165
      Quote Originally Posted by BETOGLI View Post
      ...LOL
      relax. breathe.
      girls dig when i play with the V

    26. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2011
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      22,257
      Vehicles
      '89 Coupe 2.0, '12 Passat 3.6
      03-09-2012 07:44 AM #14166
      Yesterday, I did a partial oil change (couldn't change the filter because Faulkner-Ciocca Volkswagen over torqued my filter housing), pollen filter change, re-installed my AWE tips for the Spring/Summer/Fall, and put GTI grilles on for the weekend (borrowing them).
      "Antequam desilirent", RIP brothers.

    27. Member heimbachae's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2009
      Posts
      3,023
      Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI
      03-09-2012 07:52 AM #14167
      I'm getting oil changed and tires rotated today (sorry christof, schedules mang). some gal at young's in a nice (not as nice as christof's) GLI tried to get in front of me. if you're on here, sorry.... you suck, I rule.
      girls dig when i play with the V

    28. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2011
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      22,257
      Vehicles
      '89 Coupe 2.0, '12 Passat 3.6
      03-09-2012 07:54 AM #14168
      Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae View Post
      I'm getting oil changed and tires rotated today (sorry christof, schedules mang). some gal at young's in a nice (not as nice as christof's) GLI tried to get in front of me. if you're on here, sorry.... you suck, I rule.
      It's ok man. I understand. My schedule sucks really bad. If we lived closer (all the time) things would be different.
      "Antequam desilirent", RIP brothers.

    29. Member heimbachae's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2009
      Posts
      3,023
      Vehicles
      2013.5 GLI
      03-09-2012 08:01 AM #14169
      Quote Originally Posted by KIDVersion 1 View Post
      It's ok man. I understand. My schedule sucks really bad. If we lived closer (all the time) things would be different.
      no worries, I pissed on someone's day by showing her she's not number 1. it's like heroin to me.
      girls dig when i play with the V

    30. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2011
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      22,257
      Vehicles
      '89 Coupe 2.0, '12 Passat 3.6
      03-09-2012 08:04 AM #14170
      Quote Originally Posted by heimbachae View Post
      no worries, I pissed on someone's day by showing her she's not number 1. it's like heroin to me.
      You're the man.
      "Antequam desilirent", RIP brothers.

    31. Member xiviperi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 25th, 2012
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      105
      Vehicles
      B6 Passat 3.6 4motion
      03-09-2012 08:23 AM #14171
      Got some sweet United Motorsports tuning done

    32. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2002
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      198
      Vehicles
      2006 VW GTI DSG
      03-09-2012 09:20 AM #14172
      Cleaned whole filler unit..

    33. Member OEM+ sluts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 5th, 2012
      Location
      Central NJ (732)
      Posts
      1,985
      Vehicles
      PG Mk5
      03-09-2012 09:30 AM #14173
      Picking up a set of BLQs today. Which are going on this...

      there goes the neighborhood.

      @austin_norton {instagram}

    34. Member tbaeastcoast's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2008
      Posts
      102
      Vehicles
      2008 GTI, 2003 IY 20th AE, 99 Wolfsburg Jetta
      03-09-2012 09:35 AM #14174
      Washed off the salt and waxed her up.

    35. Member thygreyt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2009
      Location
      fort lauderdale, FL
      Posts
      12,798
      Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      03-09-2012 09:36 AM #14175
      drove it..

      today is my last driving day for the next 10 days...

      i'll be traveling to the Domenican Republic for spring break... leaving tomorrow at 1 i think...

    Page 405 of 990 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505905 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •