VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your MkV today?

5M views 45K replies 3K participants last post by  2manvr6 
#1 ·
I noticed that the other forums have this but not ours.
Since today just started I will post up yester day but you guys get the point.
I installed my Spacers, 10MM rear and moved the 5MM to the front. Plus I found cinna-berry...

See less See more
#35,945 ·

Went for a little cruise

IG: Sarahcidle

VWGIRLS Member #601

2007 GTI/H&R Sport Springs/APR Stage 1 Tune/APR Intake/SPM 3" Custom Catback Exhaust

#35,953 ·
Got rid of the Chrome

I painted the front grill black and painted the VW emblem ring and VW background red. Turn out to be an all day affair do to the plastic dip spray can spitting and sputtering ,got them a Canadian Tire and they are pricey $19.00 a can. Return three can and decide to go state side at the Home Depot in Massena NY only paid 5.95 a can and these worked properly.

Next is to remove the three lower grill and get them painted, paint correction on the hood.

#35,954 ·
I painted the front grill black and painted the VW emblem ring and VW background red. Turn out to be an all day affair do to the plastic dip spray can spitting and sputtering ,got them a Canadian Tire and they are pricey $19.00 a can. Return three can and decide to go state side at the Home Depot in Massena NY only paid 5.95 a can and these worked properly.

Next is to remove the three lower grill and get them painted, paint correction on the hood.
Just curious, did you use a razor? How many coats? How long did you wait for it to dry? How do people paint the inside/background of the emblem? Tape?

#35,956 · (Edited)
Just curious, did you use a razor? How many coats? How long did you wait for it to dry? How do people paint the inside/background of the emblem? Tape?
Remove the grill completely (4 screws) and press down the three tab on the rear of the emblem and twist the emblem out.With two small screw driver you wedge them under the plastic clip on the rear outer end of the emblem. Just be patient and unclip them all the way around the emblem then the centre ring and the chrome emblem will fall away from the background. It took 4 coat of red to cover the two parts correctly with a 30 minute between coats and 6hrs dry time before I assembled it.

Here is a link to a DIY: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2697720