VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The OTHER Vegas....Doesn't have as many Fake Boobies, but they do have Fake Cop Cars

4K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  ATL_Av8r 
#1 ·
Saw this today....maybe I CAN believe they allow this....in NM!?!?!?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...uiser
Quote, originally posted by Yahoo News »

Vegas man paints car like police cruiser

2 hours, 23 minutes ago

LAS VEGAS, N.M. - Jessie Vigil's black-and-white car sports a red-and-blue emergency bar across the top and the word "police" painted on the doors. Vigil, however, isn't a cop. Law enforcement agencies say what he's done with his car isn't illegal as long as he doesn't act like a police officer.
ADVERTISEMENT

He started decorating his 2007 Ford Mustang last summer to look like the police cruiser in the "Transformers" movie because his 7-year-old son, Thomas, was fond of the film.
"My intent was to re-create the movie car," said Vigil, a 35-year-old disabled veteran from the war in Iraq. "When I came back from Iraq, I tried to spoil him. I wasn't the best dad before."
He said he called the district attorney's office beforehand and spoke to Chief Deputy District Attorney Joe Ulibarri, who tried to discourage his decorating scheme but couldn't find anything in the law that would stop Vigil as long as he didn't impersonate an officer.
Ulibarri said a state law prevents people from mimicking state police cars, which are painted black and white. But he also said the state police sell their old cars to private citizens without changing the colors.
"Are we violating our own law by not repainting them?" he asked.
He called the state law vague, and noted that normal state police cars aren't Mustangs.
"I don't think this guy has any intent to mimic a state police officer," Ulibarri said. "I'm not hearing that he is causing a problem and arresting people."
A close look shows Vigil's car isn't a police cruiser. Instead of the familiar slogan "To protect and serve," it carries a motto: "To punish and enslave" on the side. Instead of telling people to dial 911 for emergencies, the Mustang advises them to "dial 411 for theater information."
He originally marked his car, "Transformers police" but later changed it to just "police." He also added what appears to be a bar of emergency lights, but said they're not actual lights.
Vigil acknowledged people have mixed feelings about his car.
State police Capt. Craig Martin said the agency is "concerned for the safety of people who think he is an officer and think they may get help from him.
"People around town know who he is, but not those people on the interstate."

Modified by LSinLV at 5:00 PM 3-12-2008

See less See more
#27 ·
Re: The OTHER Vegas....Doesn't have as many Fake Boobies, but t ... (VegasJetta)

Quote, originally posted by VegasJetta »

I would never own a MK3...

That is A.Wilders car, he used to live in my house. Both of those pics are of the same car at different stages. He still has the car, its currently going through a transformation to something faster...

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I miss Andy....and WTF did he fall off the face of the earth!?!?!? he's not even posting in here....

#31 ·
Re: The OTHER Vegas....Doesn't have as many Fake Boobies, but t ... (LSinLV)

Quote, originally posted by LSinLV »

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I miss Andy....and WTF did he fall off the face of the earth!?!?!? he's not even posting in here....

i post here all the time lol. I just finished installing the turbo on my car and am just cruising around at 5psi for now. Need to find some leaks and fix them before i turn it up.

Its getting some other changes.

#34 ·
Re: The OTHER Vegas....Doesn't have as many Fake Boobies, but t ... (ratdub)

Quote, originally posted by ratdub »
reminds me of this car(whitch was from nv):

haha holy crap people actually do modify MKIII VW's.. a good friend of mine kept tellin me theres a whole scene for MKIII's but I never believed him!

#35 ·
Re: The OTHER Vegas....Doesn't have as many Fake Boobies, but t ... (Dr. Shakalu)

Quote, originally posted by Dr. Shakalu »

haha holy crap people actually do modify MKIII VW's.. a good friend of mine kept tellin me theres a whole scene for MKIII's but I never believed him!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.