VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did u do to your Mark3 yesterday?

3M views 30K replies 3K participants last post by  YJSAABMAN 
#1 ·
What did u do to your mk3 yesterday?

So I'm bored today bc i did a bunch of stuff to the car yesterday.
post up what u've done to ur car yesterday, or just..lately.
Some of u might be wondering why i picked "yesterday" instead of today?
Because chances are, whatever you do, it has already been done before.
also, it adds to suspense and ahh **** it, i was bored!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK?!

disabled DRLs
by covering TFL pin in headlight switch. taking out the switch was a pita!
Removed Door Chime relay
La Cucaracha it was a pita to get to the relay but i wiggled n yanked n ripped it out. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Programmed Banjo key fob
Finally got a spare cut at Home Depot and this process was very easy. done in less than 1 minute!
DIY Red Smoke Red tails
Used overlays, soap n water, kitchen knife and a hair dryer

before

after

and some more views bc i really like how they turned out. not for everyone, but it is part of theme that i've yet to complete.

thanks for looking http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by PKstrategy at 1:57 PM 11-16-2009

See less See more
#21,541 ·
Yeah. Those are fun. Take the bumper off. 100x easier since you can put a 1/4" drive socket on the back, and hit the front with a cordless drill.

#21,544 ·
Fixed corroded reverse light connection and replaced the front rotors. Pads were almost new, but the PO must have either turned and/or warped the old rotors. They wouldn't pass safety inspection.

#21,545 ·
Installed:
- Rokkor coils,
- New bushings all arounds,
- BFI .5 motor mounts.

Re spraying the rims with a black face and white dish. Ignore the scuff from an ******* in a parking lot:banghead:

Whaaat a difference from my old set up! Still to do:
- Control arms w/ R32/TT bushings
- Center caps on the way
- TAKE CARE OF RUST!:eek:

#21,548 ·
Began removing my stick-on Moldings, today I finished it, getting ready for the clip on ones!!!

#21,550 ·
Made it faster

Swapped in an 02J with a Bildon Motorsport LSD. New custom gear selector, Sparco seat with harnesses, Momo wheel, new vented rotors, green stuff pads, fat H&R wheel spacers, helmet hanger, VW SCCA contingency decals, waxed it and took it for a good beat run on some fun NH backwoods gravel roads to make sure it hooks up. No more 1 wheel peel = faster laps.

#21,551 ·
Found a set of black puffys at the yard today! They were missing the front door cubbys so I reused mine, I think they turned out pretty BA. And yes I am working my way to a full black interior.

Boo ya tapatalk! If you haven't got it yet get it!

#21,556 ·
Took off my grille..trying to get to the foglight screws:screwy:...14yrs of plastic going brittle:mad:...pop...ping...snap...clip pieces flying at me, thankyou safety glasses:D...removing the bumper, started with the 3 screws on the bumper then popped the two wheel well plastic stops and then got distracted by the grille...removed the backing plate, then the emblem.
Thinking I might paint the grille ;)
The OEM fogs with the smoked refector/blinkers are growing on me...
I have the white bulbs still on the blinkers and they look OK.

#21,559 ·
Boser hood got welded on yesterday and the body work for it started today. Its 95% done now but not in the pic. Also shaved wiper nozzles. Got the dents smoothed out and rolled my fenders again for more aggressive offset. I want 15 front 12 rear. 16x7.5 205 40 wish i had 195s. Tomorrow shes getting painted Porsche Macadamia Brown.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.