Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My APR Stage 3 dyno runs

Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      03-29-2008 11:50 PM #1
      The dyno runs speak for them selfs any way you look at them ( corrected ,uncorrected SAE)

Modified by rracerguy717 at 6:35 AM 3-30-2008

Modified by rracerguy717 at 6:42 AM 3-30-2008

Modified by rracerguy717 at 6:45 AM 3-30-2008

Read below about mine and other fsi stage 3 owners bad experience and poor results with APR and there Stage 3 Kits. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ge-3-dyno-runs
      Quote Originally Posted by jhines_06gli View Post
      I'd say you have nothing to worry about, but then again.....you are driving a modified VW. You have EVERYTHING to worry about!!!
      -J. Hines

2. 03-30-2008 03:14 AM #2
      fk you were right bro!

Vehicles
      '09, Sportwagen SEL / '12 Passat TDI SEL
      03-30-2008 03:15 AM #3
      I dunno know why you're sad, maybe you might not be making the power numbers you had in mind in your head, but consistent runs and the **** eating grin on your face when you "drive" that thing probably tell a different story. no?
      Adjusting my lifestyle with the grace and wisdom of a potato.

Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      03-30-2008 06:09 AM #4
      Quote, originally posted by Kid Hobo »
      I dunno know why you're sad, maybe you might not be making the power numbers you had in mind in your head, but consistent runs and the **** eating grin on your face when you "drive" that thing probably tell a different story. no?

Here the power they APR "SAID" it was making when i got it back and its not even close .

Modified by rracerguy717 at 6:11 AM 3-30-2008

Read below about mine and other fsi stage 3 owners bad experience and poor results with APR and there Stage 3 Kits. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ge-3-dyno-runs
      I'd say you have nothing to worry about, but then again.....you are driving a modified VW. You have EVERYTHING to worry about!!!
      -J. Hines

5. 03-30-2008 06:23 AM #5
      bob welcome to the club of APR satisfied customers

P.S Im trading missing hp for missing driveability

Modified by csih at 3:28 AM 3-30-2008

Vehicles
      2011 GTI ko4'd - 2014 Jeep Rubijon
      03-30-2008 07:12 AM #6
      That is the same exact looking dyno my buddy has. You have been talking with him Bob 06mkvgti. Sad part was we went from a third gear roll and i jumped ahead and i was waiting for him to blow by me but he never did. He is also having a high idle issue which is pretty annoying when driving with him.

Modified by Branman at 7:15 AM 3-30-2008
      11 mk6 gti APR KO4 12.0@119 GoAPR

7. 03-30-2008 07:32 AM #7
      mine is close to yours Bob. I had 324 hp with 288 torque on dynojet sae corrected and smoothness 3.

8. 03-30-2008 07:36 AM #8
      sorry to say this bob but these graphs make me feel a little better so far since your car and mine are practically doin the same thing so at least i can lean more towards programming.

Vehicles
      2011 GTI ko4'd - 2014 Jeep Rubijon
      03-30-2008 07:44 AM #9
      i def say programming. What are the odds that you guys both put the kits on and dynoing same numbers and both have high idle issues. Would be nice if it was as simple as a vacuum leak but im starting to think not.
      11 mk6 gti APR KO4 12.0@119 GoAPR

10. 03-30-2008 09:40 AM #10
      Damn I make more WTQ than stage 3!

11. 03-30-2008 09:49 AM #11
      Bob

Like I told you, APR will work with you to sort out the car. I will get the ball rolling with the plan we talked about tomorrow. I honestly know that when your car left APR it made the numbers we gave you on the dyno sheet. I personally confirmed it myself. Either way I will get you to the point you are completely satisfied.

Talk to you soon,

Stephen/APR

12. 03-30-2008 09:54 AM #12
      bob who was operating the dyno? maybe you need to learn how to drive and get better dyno numbers just kidding it was nice to finally meet you yesterday and i am sure after those resulats apr will step up and fix your car

13. 03-30-2008 09:59 AM #13
      whos car gonna fix first?

P.S Either APR dont know what they re doing either someone tells lies

Modified by csih at 7:00 AM 3-30-2008

Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      03-30-2008 10:04 AM #14
      Quote, originally posted by Stephen@APR »
      Bob

Like I told you, APR will work with you to sort out the car. I will get the ball rolling with the plan we talked about tomorrow. I honestly know that when your car left APR it made the numbers we gave you on the dyno sheet. I personally confirmed it myself. Either way I will get you to the point you are completely satisfied.

Talk to you soon,

Stephen/APR

Yes you Did Stephen and I have a glimmer of hope that it will get straighten out now that your involved again .

I just had to show your SUPER TUNER BRETT that things sometime are not what HE THINK they should be , espec when coming from the mouth of a longtime loyal APR supporter he needs to do more LISTENING not running off at the mouth

PLUS I need to keep heat on APR ass so I can get this think fixed soon .
      Its been almost a ONE YEAR since the kit went on my car

-J. Hines

15. 03-30-2008 10:08 AM #15
      Quote, originally posted by rracerguy717 »

Yes you Did Stephen and I have a glimmer of hope that it will get straighten out now that your involved again .

I just had to show your SUPER TUNER BRETT that things sometime are not what HE THINK they should be , espec when coming from the mouth of a longtime loyal APR supporter he needs to do more LISTENING not running off at the mouth

PLUS I need to keep heat on APR ass so I can get this think fixed soon .
      Its been almost a ONE YEAR since the kit went on my car

Man thats not loyality thats called stupidity i'm not willing to w8 that long

16. 03-30-2008 10:36 AM #16
      Bob

Lets just focus on getting your car sorted. I appreciate your frustrations and am frustrated myself. I will personally ensure you get handled.

I will get the guys geared up to work with you. I will speak with you tomorrow.

Stephen/APR

17. 03-30-2008 10:40 AM #17
      Fanis

I am really baffled at your actions since I saw you in Greece. I have e-mailed you but you have not responded. I have spoken to the APR importer in Greece who will be speaking with you tomorrow. If you really are interested in fixing your "issues" then you will need to take a step back and work with the importer in Greece.

APR has been building the finest large turbo kits for VAG vehicles for the last 10 years. THe very kit you have is the same one developed for VW themselves. APR will not rest untill you are happy one way or the other.

Thanks,

Stephen/APR

Modified by Stephen@APR at 7:43 AM 3-30-2008

18. 03-30-2008 10:52 AM #18
      Fanis

I am really baffled at your actions since I saw you in Greece. I have e-mailed you but you have not responded. I have spoken to the APR importer in Greece who will be speaking with you tomorrow. If you really are interested in fixing your "issues" then you will need to take a step back and work with the importer in Greece.

APR has been building the finest large turbo kits for VAG vehicles for the last 10 years. THe very kit you have is the same one developed for VW themselves. APR will not rest untill you are happy one way or the other.

Thanks,

Stephen/APR

Modified by Stephen@APR at 7:43 AM 3-30-2008

First of all check you email server cause i havent received a single email from you. The rest you got them in pm

P.S Dont use scare tactics to me i will post every single step we make regarding my Stage III issues.

Modified by csih at 7:54 AM 3-30-2008

19. 03-30-2008 11:01 AM #19
      Stephen,
      After this last csih statement I would just refuse to deal with him directly if I were you. If he didn't/doesn't appreciate effort you put into his issue (flying out to Greece), then why bother at all.

Just my .02

20. 03-30-2008 11:05 AM #20
      Quote, originally posted by zemun2 »
      Stephen,
      After this last csih statement I would just refuse to deal with him directly if I were you. If he didn't/doesn't appreciate effort you put into his issue (flying out to Greece), then why bother at all.

Just my .02

You re funny

You re missing he hole point to this, The point is that mr Stephen and his gang dont like bad critics in these forums. They only like to hear how good are their products etc. When sh@t happens they have to hear bad critics as well. Bare in mind that APR visited Greece not for me and my proof is that they were here for 5days and all they did is to devope code for Some Seat Cupra and leave (the easiest?) Stage III last day...So man if you dont know the whole story shut up and hear

21. 03-30-2008 11:12 AM #21
      Zemun2

You must have been on the phone with my Greek Dist and myself.. : )

Stephen/APR

22. 03-30-2008 11:15 AM #22
      Bob,

Sent you a PM.

23. 03-30-2008 11:16 AM #23
      Fanis

If you really have an issue and want a resolution you will have to work with us. If you dont and have another agenda then that will mean a different outcome.

Its a shame that after all the time that has been devoted you feel that this is the best way to work with us??????

I will not get into internet fighting to solve issues.

Stephen/APR

24. 03-30-2008 11:16 AM #24
      Zemun2

Stephen/APR

Did you get the last pm? or its like the emails you sent to me?

25. 03-30-2008 11:21 AM #25
      Fanis

If you really have an issue and want a resolution you will have to work with us. If you dont and have another agenda then that will mean a different outcome.

Its a shame that after all the time that has been devoted you feel that this is the best way to work with us??????

I will not get into internet fighting to solve issues.

Stephen/APR

Me either i have better things to do than fight with you sir
      I feel betrayed from your words. Whatever you said to me in person prooved incorrect in just 24hours. So...nevermind do your job and i will do mine

26. 03-30-2008 11:21 AM #26
      I have recieved no PM's today.

27. 03-30-2008 11:22 AM #27
      Quote, originally posted by csih »

You re funny

You re missing he hole point to this, The point is that mr Stephen and his gang dont like bad critics in these forums. They only like to hear how good are their products etc. When sh@t happens they have to hear bad critics as well. Bare in mind that APR visited Greece not for me and my proof is that they were here for 5days and all they did is to devope code for Some Seat Cupra and leave (the easiest?) Stage III last day...So man if you dont know the whole story shut up and hear

Fani i am not a supporter of ANY company, and God knows i've bashed APR in the past about their marketing tactics, and the way they handle the competition, but i MUST tell you for the 1000th time you MUST stop being so arrogant, and stop expressing yourself like that in ANY forum.Maybe you are dissatisfied with the product APR has sold you, but that doesn't give you the right to respond in that manner, ESPECIALLY when help is offered.

Maybe you yourself don't really feel it, but you are coming across like a spoiled child, that just didn't get the Xmas present he wanted.Again, YES , you are right to complain, but the way you express your frustration has the EXACT opposite effect of what you are trying to accomplish.As we all see the kit APR sells isn't exactly perfect, and evn though they state the European version wasn't ready for release, it so seems, the US version wasn't either.

But...(and this goes to all that have the kit but aren't satisfied with it) you are stuck with it, and until a solution can be found, the best course of action would be to be cooperative.I'm sure APR wants to ensure its reputation and will do whatever possible to make it up to you.If the don't, then its more their loss then yours...Trust me....

28. 03-30-2008 11:29 AM #28
      Quote, originally posted by GolfRS »

Fani i am not a supporter of ANY company, and God knows i've bashed APR in the past about their marketing tactics, and the way they handle the competition, but i MUST tell you for the 1000th time you MUST stop being so arrogant, and stop expressing yourself like that in ANY forum.Maybe you are dissatisfied with the product APR has sold you, but that doesn't give you the right to respond in that manner, ESPECIALLY when help is offered.

Maybe you yourself don't really feel it, but you are coming across like a spoiled child, that just didn't get the Xmas present he wanted.Again, YES , you are right to complain, but the way you express your frustration has the EXACT opposite effect of what you are trying to accomplish.As we all see the kit APR sells isn't exactly perfect, and evn though they state the European version wasn't ready for release, it so seems, the US version wasn't either.

But...(and this goes to all that have the kit but aren't satisfied with it) you are stuck with it, and until a solution can be found, the best course of action would be to be cooperative.I'm sure APR wants to ensure its reputation and will do whatever possible to make it up to you.If the don't, then its more their loss then yours...Trust me....

As i told to APR Greece my car is availble to them for reflashes etc. They dont like bad critics? fine i wil stop saying what is truth and start saying that im a happy customer with a perfect product and perfect support, Then you go buy the kit and ask me if im happy...

29. 03-30-2008 11:29 AM #29
      I have recieved no PM's today.

Do you mind to send me a pm?

30. 03-30-2008 11:36 AM #30
      Quote, originally posted by csih »

As i told to APR Greece my car is availble to them for reflashes etc. They dont like bad critics? fine i wil stop saying what is truth and start saying that im a happy customer with a perfect product and perfect support, Then you go buy the kit and ask me if im happy...

The point is not if you are happy or NOT.I'm pretty sure the WHOLE WORLD knows that by now, across at least 4 forum boards.

The point is that when someone is not satisfied, he protests in a civilized manner.And civilized is not the way you are doing it.If you went to the dealer and they told you "we are sorry but nothing can be done" , then just ask for your money back.But since they are at least willing to help you, you should show some cooperation.
      No one forced you to buy that kit, ESPECIALLY since your car was already tuned and running fine.But you chose to get more power, and more power with non-OEM parts has its troubles.I agree with you that no product should be on the shelves without being perfect, but hey, even our STOCK cars don't seem to work right.

You were just one of the unlucky few..."pioneers" that took one step further...sooner.But you knew already something might not be working good in such a modification.And NO dealer is gonna tell you otherwise.

So what are your choices again ???

31. 03-30-2008 12:25 PM #31
      Zemun2

Stephen/APR

As he said, don't let HIM use scare tactics in getting the issue resolved, let him deal with the dealer, you guys sell a lot of product and dealing with every customer directly is not possible.
      I know a major VAG tuner that doesn't even list his Phone number on their site, so getting help directly from the tuner is above and beyond ...

As far as power issues with bob's car let me just say that in my cousins SRT4 stage 3 with toys a small exhaust leak cost him over 20 hp, so lack of power can be attributed to so many things...

32. 03-30-2008 12:49 PM #32

As far as power issues with bob's car let me just say that in my cousins SRT4 stage 3 with toys a small exhaust leak cost him over 20 hp, so lack of power can be attributed to so many things...

all the hardware on the car is fine, and it holds 19-20psi to redline, the only slight possibility to a hardware problem might be the maf sensor as it is not reading as many g/s as it should be.

33. 03-30-2008 12:59 PM #33
      Quote, originally posted by jc@douglas »

all the hardware on the car is fine, and it holds 19-20psi to redline, the only slight possibility to a hardware problem might be the maf sensor as it is not reading as many g/s as it should be.

Holding 19-20 psi till redline doesn't mean theres no exhaust leak, whats his N75 duty?

34. 03-30-2008 01:05 PM #34

As he said, don't let HIM use scare tactics in getting the issue resolved, let him deal with the dealer, you guys sell a lot of product and dealing with every customer directly is not possible.
      I know a major VAG tuner that doesn't even list his Phone number on their site, so getting help directly from the tuner is above and beyond ...

i write in forums mainly for informational purposes. End of story i will w8 from gr distr. to call me

35. 03-30-2008 01:10 PM #35

Holding 19-20 psi till redline doesn't mean theres no exhaust leak, whats his N75 duty?

40% in the upper rpm range, where actual boost is not meeting requested boost..the duty cycle should be going up not down
      and if it was an exhaust leak their would be physical signs of it or you would hear it

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast