Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235
    Results 5,851 to 5,864 of 5864

Thread: *The unofficial VR supercharged reference thread* specs, setups, et cetera

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '97 Ginster GTI
      06-02-2015 08:31 PM #5851
      A tip for anyone running motor mount spacers (BFI/custom 17mm height)...you have to remove the rear spacer, lower the motor back down to fit the new belt around the crank pulley. The gap between the frame rail is minimal and not big enough to fit a new belt through. These can also cause fitment problems of your intake/filter setup off the charger inlet. I couldn't strap my filter straight to the side (AMS tune) because it hit the top of the inner fender.

Vehicles
      1995 VW GTI Supercharged VR6
      06-02-2015 11:18 PM #5852
      How good is the base tune from Lugtronic for there standalone ECU? I am so sick of the very very old C2 OBD1 chip.

Vehicles
      2006 tdi beetle stage 3 TDTuning, 90 GTI VR6SC ,09 Civic SI(gone) 2013 GLI
      06-03-2015 07:37 AM #5853
      The lugtronic base tune is really good. I was amazed at how close it was out of the box. Lugtronic or any stand alone gives you some good options for playing around with chargers. I actually run a very small pulley that would be way too much boost for my engine and I use lug to set my rev limiter down to 5600 thus keeping the boost at the level I want. Later when I install a spacer I will raise the limit.

Vehicles
      98' GTi Vr6
      06-06-2015 08:36 PM #5854
      Anybody has any pictures of a front mount intercooler on a mk3 vr with a v9 charger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      98' GTi Vr6
      06-06-2015 08:37 PM #5855
      Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Member
      Vehicles
      '97 Ginster GTI
      06-08-2015 11:22 AM #5856
      Tips on the best way to cut a rib off a Gatorback belt? I was going to try a utility knife with a fresh razor blade...any recommendations?

7. Member
      Vehicles
      97 jetta GLX
      06-10-2015 06:41 PM #5857
      Quote Originally Posted by Peetah05 View Post
      Tips on the best way to cut a rib off a Gatorback belt? I was going to try a utility knife with a fresh razor blade...any recommendations?
      Just did it as u said this weekend , utility knife with a new/sharp blade
      Quote Originally Posted by root beer View Post
      "You see, i'm from Jersey."

That'll cover about anything.
      VRalliance #6

8. Member
      Vehicles
      97 jetta GLX
      06-10-2015 06:45 PM #5858
      Quote Originally Posted by Peetah05 View Post
      Finally finished my install at my house this weekend! This is my first time touching a supercharger so it was a little learning experience but this thread helped a lot, thanks guys! Still have some kinks to iron out with it like a very bad misfire (plugs and wires on the way), slight oil leek on my feed line, and a bad squeaking at higher revs which I believe is my belt or idler pulley - more on that later if I don't fix it.

Other than that, this thing is blast to drive! I have the old AMS tune/kit and the simplicity/power of it is amazing - even at elevation here in Denver. You can really feel it pull hard with the 268 cams at 5k+. This is the way VR's should have come from the factory, the GTI is such a blast to drive now. The V1 is kinda loud if the hood is open and you're standing right in front of it...but it really isn't bad when in the cabin IMO. Anyway, here's my obligatory first start video of the setup (temporary and ugly for now). Here's a link to my project thread for anyone interested: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ean-Ginster-DD

I'll be updating my thread with a ton of progress photos. If anyone has any requests on how things are setup let me know, I probably have a picture of it!
      Belt slip is very common especially on a v1 blower, if you dont already have a dual idler setup look into it, very simple to make and a night and day difference, im seeing 15psi on a 2.6 pulley and a v1

VRalliance #6

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2002 24V VR6 GTI
      06-10-2015 07:25 PM #5859
      Quote Originally Posted by trh1157 View Post
      It has been a while since I read this whole thread and I'm sure it has been hashed about quite a bit. Still having troubles with my MAF on VF Stage 1 24v GTI. Does anyone know anything about this: http://www.promracing.com/home-page-.../pro-m-92.html

At some point I'm looking at improvements that will include c2 software, smaller pulley & injectors. I understand C2 is written for 4-inch MAF. Anyone know if C2 would work all right with the the Pro-M? Thanks.
      Anyone know how the Pro-M MAF performs? Do most people with the VF kits extend their intake to get more uniform flow across the MAF? I've been told this is something needed to prevent MAF issues and burning up MAF's.

On another note, I understand superchargerebuild will convert V9 F-trim to G-trim for about $300 to improve air flow capacity from 750 cfm to 825 cfm. I have also seen references to a V-9 H-trim but can't find any specs on the H-trim at Vortech site. Any info on the H-trim and whether an F-trim can be machined to either G or H trims?

Thanks.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      '97 Ginster GTI
      06-10-2015 08:47 PM #5860
      Quote Originally Posted by APCXxstovetopxX View Post
      Belt slip is very common especially on a v1 blower, if you dont already have a dual idler setup look into it, very simple to make and a night and day difference, im seeing 15psi on a 2.6 pulley and a v1
      It's not when I'm getting into boost at all. It starts at 3k rpm and when coming back down to idle. It only happens when the belt/engine warms up too so I'm thinking it's the belt itself.

I cut a rib off my new gatorback yesterday so I will be throwing that on this weekend and will report back to see if that fixes it. Tip for cutting a rib off...make sure you have a new/sharp blade! I went through both sides of a new blade for the whole belt - it was dulling quite a bit going through that beefy belt.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      '97 Ginster GTI
      06-12-2015 08:02 PM #5861
      Since there can never be enough useful information, I'll post up a couple reference photos here of my install I was just going through.

Oil return line bung location:

The way it's routed up to the charger - straight AN off pan (could run a 45* too) to a 90* AN on the charger:

Oil feed/return lines on charger:

Vehicles
      90' Jetta Coupe. 78 Rabbit.
      06-13-2015 12:09 PM #5862
      I should've tapped my pan on the rear. Now if I ever go turbo I'll have to use another pan or find a plug for mine. Thank goodness we don't have to worry about that happening.

I just completed the install of my water/meth injection system. Not sure what nozzle size I should be using as I just got the kit for free and installed it as is. Works ridiculously well. Got it adjusted to kick on right at 5 psi, and man what a difference it makes in the SC heat.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      97 jetta GLX
      06-13-2015 04:46 PM #5863
      You may run into issues with the pan tapped like that, the return may be under the level of oil in the pan not allowing constant draining . Also the line should always be at a downward angle so the straight fitting off the pan is a no no also
      Last edited by APCXxstovetopxX; 06-13-2015 at 04:50 PM.

VRalliance #6

Vehicles
      1995 VW GTI Supercharged VR6
      06-23-2015 10:33 PM #5864
      Taking the plunge with Lugtronic and put a down payment on the OBD1 standalone unit. Looking forward to ditching the MAF and running a true blow off valve.
      This year hope to move to a cogged pulley and rebuilt V1 with billet impeller.

Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235