Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168
    Results 5,846 to 5,847 of 5847

Thread: *The unofficial VR supercharged reference thread* specs, setups, et cetera

Vehicles
      All Motor 12v
      Yesterday 06:06 PM #5846
      The AMS brackets (which almost every set out is a copy or close to of)had a hole that you could drill and tap the flat part of the head near the valve cover for. Almost impossible to do and get it straight with the motor in the car. Maybe with a good right angle drill. If you drill too deep you can cause issues. Too shallow and the bolt will just strip. The brackets don't fit flat against the head there on most motors further complicating matters. I think I did it on one install and then after that never bothered and never saw any difference. My suggestion is to not bother.

Tl;Dr - not needed.
      11.82@113 First and only All Motor 12v Street Car in the 11' s

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '97 Ginster GTI
      Yesterday 06:09 PM #5847
      Quote Originally Posted by vw1320 View Post
      The AMS brackets (which almost every set out is a copy or close to of)had a hole that you could drill and tap the flat part of the head near the valve cover for. Almost impossible to do and get it straight with the motor in the car. Maybe with a good right angle drill. If you drill too deep you can cause issues. Too shallow and the bolt will just strip. The brackets don't fit flat against the head there on most motors further complicating matters. I think I did it on one install and then after that never bothered and never saw any difference. My suggestion is to not bother.

Tl;Dr - not needed.
      Thank you very much for the prompt/informational reply.

In reply to your argument, I've only seen some AMS kits with that top bolt used on the bracket below the fuel lines. It also just seems sketchy (unless you have the head off and on a drill press?) to make a straight, not too shallow/deep hole in the head. Not something you want to just be drilling holes into for the hell of it.

Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168