VWVortex.com - how do you clean a flat black paint job?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: how do you clean a flat black paint job?

1. 04-19-2008 03:04 PM #1
      I want to paint my car flat black and I just need to know how to maintain it?

Travelling Gnome
      Something German
      04-19-2008 05:36 PM #2
      As far as I am aware, you treat it just like any other paint job. I understood the flat finish is actually in the clear coat and you treat it like any other clear coat as you cannot 'polish out' the flat or matte finish.
      -Todd ♪ ♫♪ ♫
      Owner, TS Detailing
      Professional Mobile Automotive Detailing
      Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25
      TCL - always a friendly place where mistakes are rewarded.

3. 04-19-2008 05:39 PM #3
      i got a buddy that starts with a good hand wash, clay bar to get the grit off, and just a clear coat to protect it... there's a few sites for hot rods that have more of a detailed explaination, but its not really that different from any regular paint...

4. 04-21-2008 12:01 PM #4
      Wash as normal, Clay when you need to, which is generally more often then gloss paint, and find a good spray wax that doesn't stain matt finishes. Duragloss #951 would be a good bet. You will have to apply it more often than gloss paint also. I would suggest at least once a month.
      You can't really polish it, so you are pretty much stuck with washing and waxing it.

Downingtown, PA
      2 57 Bel Airs 65 Corvair 66 SS396 68 Dart 73 Vette 86 Golf 97 GTI 99/04 Neons & a truck
      04-22-2008 01:21 PM #5
      Yeah the top half of my car is satin black, we had them mix a matte into the clearcoat, and weird things happen when you use, say Color-X on it. This summer after I finally wetsand the gloss pink and get the car all cleaned up (3 years later??!!?) I'll probably just clay the satin black and wax it with AW (Showtime's PPP I think is the same thing).

04-22-2008 02:06 PM #6
      windex a soft brush and warm water makes it look awsome
      Originally Posted by CandyWhiteSniff
      some times i sit at home and i look at the issues of pvw with my car and i beat my dick.........i then think to myself man this is low.....then i make my selff feel better by thinking, well **** it atleast im not from new jersey

7. 05-13-2008 02:57 AM #7
      wat about thin steal woohl

For advertising information click HERE