VWVortex

Page 15 of 823 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampton Roads Euros

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      05-13-2008 10:22 AM #351
      Quote, originally posted by breane24 »
      YEAH. ooooh ok.
      I have no complaints (sp) about my 06 (also salsa red) GLI. Other than 60k is coming up wayy to fast.

Ups I meant MKIV.....
      FLY NAVY

2. 05-13-2008 10:22 AM #352
      Quote, originally posted by CreepinGTI »
      Really, because I dog my buddies Fusion all the time. so, I have to call BS, and the looks are opinionated. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]
      The reason the Hondas sell better is because they appeal to tuners and high schoolers more. Their performance parts can be found chaeper (you get what you pay for). I see way more Hondas stuck on the roadside than VWs, but good luck with you next Honda purchase.

You know.. I've always thought that myself, but never said it. I totally agree with you [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      05-13-2008 10:23 AM #353
      Really, because I dog my buddies Fusion all the time. so, I have to call BS, and the looks are opinionated. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]
      The reason the Hondas sell better is because they appeal to tuners and high schoolers more. Their performance parts can be found chaeper (you get what you pay for). I see way more Hondas stuck on the roadside than VWs, but good luck with you next Honda purchase.

cheaper* your*
      - Gotcha back.

1999 Jetta VR6 - Totaled.
      1991 Gti VR6 - Sold/ Totaled.
      2006 Jetta 2.0t - Totaled.
      2004 R32 3.2- Purchased 10/31/2009 with 99k, currently 196,800!

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      05-13-2008 10:30 AM #354

Again. A Fusion is not a sports car and it is not fast of the line by any means, but it WILL out handle your MKV, with the stock soft springs. I am sure your buddies Fusion is an Automatic or he cannot drive. The cars weight similar and have similar HP/TQ numbers.
      Again. Most NEW Hondas are not bought by young kids. They cannot afford them.
      FLY NAVY

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      05-13-2008 10:33 AM #355
      Stock suspension in a mk5. I don't even know what that means.
      The GLI has had coils since 300 miles were put on it.

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      05-13-2008 10:37 AM #356
      Stock suspension in a mk5. I don't even know what that means.
      The GLI has had coils since 300 miles were put on it.

Hell the stock Fusion with the sport package spring might even outhandle your car with coils... Lower cars does not always means better handling....
      What I meant also was the Fusion has stock soft springs.

Modified by B3sat16v at 10:45 AM 5-13-2008
      FLY NAVY

7. 05-13-2008 10:48 AM #357
      Quote, originally posted by B3sat16v »
      I drive an American VW (Mexico is part of the American Continent).
      Some of you guys are full of it, when it comes to talking crap about American cars, or should I clarify, cars made in the USA. A lot of cars made in the USA are better than your German made VW. I love cars and I dislike when individuals, without any factual knowledge, talk trash about cars manufactured here in the USA. We would agree that a Honda is better than a VW when it comes to reliability, and most, if not all, Hondas sold here are made here.

Modified by B3sat16v at 9:34 AM 5-13-2008

how can you say it's not factual. Look at the resale values of some american cars compared to that of other cars, I think USA cars are pretty low because they are crap. I will agree with you on the honda thing though I think they make a pretty reliable car. Some people on here are biased just because they own a VW they don't want to admit that there are better cars out there, but I think if someone took the time to research, that as far as reliability and resale goes VW is not gonna be on the top of any of those lists. Performance and looks wise is another question. It really is kind of hard to debate this cause it all depends on your opinions and what you like and consider to be a good car....

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      05-13-2008 11:03 AM #358
      Well when I talk about American Cars, I am talking about American Made cars, not Brand...
      FLY NAVY

9. 05-13-2008 11:10 AM #359
      Well when I talk about American Cars, I am talking about American Made cars, not Brand...

that makes no sense, how do the people assembling the car have anything to do with the quality and engineering of the car? they are just getting a bunch of parts and putting them together. And even then it's just a bunch of robots. I don't see how that has anything to do with reliability of car. I think whether a car is built in germany or mexico or djibouti the manufacturer(company) is gonna have a certain standard that they want the car built too and it will be inspected to make sure it meets those standards before it leaves the line. I think that standard would be the same for all cars made by the same manufacturer despite where it's put together...

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      05-13-2008 11:10 AM #360
      I'm not all the way low - - and I'm not on ulra lows.
      I drove a mk2 gti vr6 with Bilsteins - the car was set for the track. Almost perfect set up - thing was on rails.. Til the driver side struct went.
      I'm going to disagree about FORDS handling better.
      If you know how to do a coil set up, with damping and adjustment - then you shouldn't be handling like poo. Also, if you want good handling you should know being low and handling don't go hand and hand..
      brought back from pg 2. Let's see a Ford do that and not flip over numerous times.

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-13-2008 11:56 AM #361
      cheaper* your*
      - Gotcha back.

Yes, you did! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Then you shouldn't be using Honda as the measurement of reliability. It should be Toyota and Lexus.
      Quote, originally posted by mouth621 »
      that makes no sense, how do the people assembling the car have anything to do with the quality and engineering of the car? they are just getting a bunch of parts and putting them together. And even then it's just a bunch of robots. I don't see how that has anything to do with reliability of car. I think whether a car is built in germany or mexico or djibouti the manufacturer(company) is gonna have a certain standard that they want the car built too and it will be inspected to make sure it meets those standards before it leaves the line. I think that standard would be the same for all cars made by the same manufacturer despite where it's put together...

And I saw a special on german automakers on Speed maybe a couple of years ago that said most of the engineers employed in the auto industry are german and work in every major automaker around the world. The show also said that most car designs and improvements used domestically and abroad were first developed in germany by one automaker or the other. BMW tops that list of engineering improvements. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-13-2008 11:58 AM #362
      I'm going to disagree about FORDS handling better.
      . Let's see a Ford do that and not flip over numerous times.

The Focus handles better than all of ours. Anybody know who developed the chassis for the Focus??? Anyone?

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      05-13-2008 12:00 PM #363
      Again you are missing my point. I am talking about ONE particular Ford. A ford called FUSION, with double A arms in the front and multi-link rear. The thing can pull some great Gs stock and it is very nimble.
      Great photo...
      Ohh there have been some great handling Fords. Fords that can trump any VW. I am a car enthusiast, not just a VW Fan. I am a car freak and I can admit when one car is better than mine.
      We drive econoboxes, not freaking sports cars.
      FLY NAVY

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      05-13-2008 12:01 PM #364
      The Focus handles better than all of ours. Anybody know who developed the chassis for the Focus??? Anyone?

Whom may that be?
      FLY NAVY

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-13-2008 12:19 PM #365
      Audi first developed the current chassis, which has gone through a few variations. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

16. 05-13-2008 12:22 PM #366
      Audi first developed the current chassis, which has gone through a few variations. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

I knew there had to be reason why you would say that a ford would be better in some aspect than a vw. VAG is God can't argue....

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-13-2008 12:31 PM #367
      Quote, originally posted by mouth621 »
      I knew there had to be reason why you would say that a ford would be better in some aspect than a vw. VAG is God can't argue....

Not at all. There is more to the Focus than just the handling that it beats the Golfs.
      I am not delusional. There are a lot better cars out there than ours. The Cobalt SS out performs GTis and there is nothing that I know of on that model that is developed by a german car maker. But, for the price I paid for my car there is not another make/model that compares to the quality. When you compare the cars, you have to group them by price. Just my opinion.

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      05-13-2008 12:56 PM #368

And the proof is where?
      FLY NAVY

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-13-2008 01:15 PM #369
      And the proof is where?

I am searching for it on a reliable site. Until then I am still awaiting your proof I asked for and did happen across this statement from Truth About Cars on how Ford degradated Volvo. Enjoy!
      "The post-Ford 2001 refreshing of the V70 wagon resulted in numerous electrical glitches and transmissions that eventually went from a firm smooth ka-thunk to a $3000+ kaput. Volvo's clean competitive advantage gradually became a bit more hazy in the marketplace. J.D. Power reflected this new, less appealing reality when it released sub-par customer retention ratings for the Volvo brand."

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-13-2008 02:26 PM #370

By your account, the Fusion is not American, but Mexican as many cars are. Here is the latest report of the new Fusion from Automotive Design and Production website. "The Fusion is being built at the Ford Hermosillo Stamping & Assembly Plant in Mexico, which has undergone modifications for the new product."
      http://www.autofieldguide.com/....html

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      05-13-2008 02:30 PM #371
      As Far As I Know. Mejico is part of the American Continent; therefore, rendering anything made there American.
      FLY NAVY

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-13-2008 02:34 PM #372
      As Far As I Know. Mejico is part of the American Continent; therefore, rendering anything made there American.

You can't be serious! That is a serious stretch just to win a debate. WOW! I still stand by my statement that you can NOT find as much car in any other make for the price I bought mine.

23. 05-13-2008 02:38 PM #373
      dang
      this has turned into the B3sat16v and Breane24 thread!
      hahah
      my take on your delightful conversation is that a car is a German thing
      anything made elsewhere is not a car but some sort of machinery that takes one too and fro
      while the German car is a vehicle designed to be driven, not riced or mexicanized.

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-13-2008 02:48 PM #374
      Quote, originally posted by HHBizzle »
      dang
      this has turned into the B3sat16v and Breane24 thread!
      hahah
      my take on your delightful conversation is that a car is a German thing
      anything made elsewhere is not a car but some sort of machinery that takes one too and fro
      while the German car is a vehicle designed to be driven, not riced or mexicanized.

Bizz is in your debate! I agree. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] I know I have said this before, but I even enjoy driving to work in my VW. I can't say that about any other make I have owned.

Vehicles
      MH-60R
      05-13-2008 03:07 PM #375
      A stretch? Not at all. Have you checked the Geography lately? Hence the reason why I said I drive an American car.
      FLY NAVY

Page 15 of 823 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast