Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 823 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampton Roads Euros

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      05-06-2008 04:41 PM #176
      AHHH thanks for the hook up to 757 dubs.... Website.
      I was talking to the richmond crew - they're slow with posting. NO OFFENSE..
      just slower than I'm use to.
      1999 Jetta VR6 - Totaled.
      1991 Gti VR6 - Sold/ Totaled.
      2006 Jetta 2.0t - Totaled.
      2004 R32 3.2- Purchased 10/31/2009 with 99k, currently 196,800!

Vehicles
      '80 diesel caddy
      05-06-2008 04:45 PM #177
      Quote, originally posted by mouth621 »
      Jon! Buy this! http://757dubs.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1164

haha
      most likely way too much....i want a bike

Vehicles
      01 Golf 4dr 1.8t fully modded with some mkV flare, 03 GTI 1.8T 2dr, 97 Jetta GT, 96 Audi A4 2.8Q
      05-06-2008 09:34 PM #178
      so is it only southern groups that have problem's.. Because I never hear of any of this in my groups up north? And for GTG's, shopping malls and parking garage's aren't the only place's to meet... What about all those places where photo shoots were done or boat lunches or at a downtown area... Doesnt have to be in Hampton Rd's area does it? OMG Chesapeake is almost the size of Rhode Island and if you can find a place there then theres a problem...
      If your not Passing then stay Right --->
      (860) NLC Dub's & Euro's Was originally LGSVR6 back in the day but i forgot my password....

Vehicles
      01 Golf 4dr 1.8t fully modded with some mkV flare, 03 GTI 1.8T 2dr, 97 Jetta GT, 96 Audi A4 2.8Q
      05-06-2008 09:35 PM #179
      hey jon whats up...
      (860) NLC Dub's & Euro's Was originally LGSVR6 back in the day but i forgot my password....

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-06-2008 09:40 PM #180
      Quote, originally posted by lokeyvw »
      If its at Bass pro I probably wont be there. I dont feel like trying to be the a representitive of the dub community to the honda muscle cars in the local area. What happened to the GTG's we used to have where we didnt have to plan out every fing saturday where we will meet up? Yeah the parking garage got shut down for one reason or another but now it just seems like people are trying too hard to make these things work. It used to be a great time now its turing into a clickish pseudo (spelling) club... I just see this ending up like the HRDubs crap where everyone gets pissed at a few key people and **** starts falling apart again. Ive talked to a few people and I think Im gonna just go down low for a while and keep it tight knit. I will be here and there and you may or may not see me haha. Seems like ****s getting to political for my taste and less and less about the cars every week. Lots of new guys and girls can be good but the recent explosion of numbers at the gtgs has made them unstable... If you remember what they were like last year (for those who were around) after the fall around when Eurocolony popped up, we had some good times and thats what I miss. The big cruise we went on with some 56 cars that Morgan thought of (IIRC) that was a blast but that can only happen sometimes or it just get too complicated.

Lots of talking I know but I will end it here.
      Have fun I will see some of you around from time to time.

^ If you were at this one thats the kind of **** im talking about just keeping it simple with no BS.

Modified by lokeyvw at 4:35 PM 5-6-2008

I get this shi.tty vibe from you Richard, like there is something you are not saying. Stop tip-toeing around the issue and spit it out. This is not some clickish thing. I will tell you up front that some people have not been included because it was their antics that got us booted from the garage. If someone has a problem with that then they are probably guilty of the ridiculous driving in the garage. I told you that if you have a better idea to come forward, yet all you want to do is complain. You were there with us that Sunday we did pictures and you were amped on the fishhouse when you were pulling you car on that ramp. When people were talking about meeting there you didn't have a negative thing to say, not to mention you wanted to put it on me for meeting there after you showed up and got bit by mosquitoes. Please, if you do not have anything to contribute to the meeting suggestions then don't bit.ch about it either. I would like to hear your suggestions, but you never have any. This is the kind of attitude that kills the gtgs not the clickish BS that you claim it is. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-06-2008 09:45 PM #181
      Quote, originally posted by WhiteVWRabbit »
      so is it only southern groups that have problem's.. Because I never hear of any of this in my groups up north? And for GTG's, shopping malls and parking garage's aren't the only place's to meet... What about all those places where photo shoots were done or boat lunches or at a downtown area... Doesnt have to be in Hampton Rd's area does it? OMG Chesapeake is almost the size of Rhode Island and if you can find a place there then theres a problem...

The problem is, the only person that wants to complain about it is not providing suggestions. He just wants to complain, so...

Vehicles
      ‘03 20th æ GTI (sold) // ‘98 GTI (sold) // ‘95 Cabrio (junked) // ‘99 Jetta
      05-06-2008 09:59 PM #182

jah chesapeake is crazy for sure...i might be able to find some places on my side of the water but thats haulin ass for u guys and i doubt most of u would make meets then...perhaps somewhere in norfolk?...thats where a lot of my recent photo spots have been like this one:

i see a new cool spot i wanna do a shoot at everyday i drive home from school
      and not to mention theres tons of places to eat there (norfolk) [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      edit: just let me know how big u wanna make the meet and ill try asking a few places i think would fit a fairly large crew

Modified by imolafresh at 10:00 PM 5-6-2008

Vehicles
      2001 1.8t GLS GTI(automatic! hah!) 1989 Cabriolet...project car
      05-06-2008 10:04 PM #183
      I don't think our meets should be about "represent the dubs". If people see us and maybe get a 2nd impression on VWs..cool. If not..who cares?
      It should just be people who like VWs and maybe even, EACH OTHER (imagine that?) hanging out, havin a good time.
      It's not a lie If YOU Believe it.
      Not baller status.
      The Mk4 forum is full of

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-06-2008 10:04 PM #184
      Quote, originally posted by imolafresh »
      jah chesapeake is crazy for sure...i might be able to find some places on my side of the water but thats haulin ass for u guys and i doubt most of u would make meets then...perhaps somewhere in norfolk?...thats where a lot of my recent photo spots have been like this one:

and not to mention theres tons of places to eat there (norfolk) [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      edit: just let me know how big u wanna make the meet and ill try asking a few places i think would fit a fairly large crew

Good deal! Please try to make it out our way Saturday so we can discuss this further. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      2001 1.8t GLS GTI(automatic! hah!) 1989 Cabriolet...project car
      05-06-2008 10:06 PM #185

P.s. I LOVE your car!!! Every time I see it im like "dang" lololz. How lucky was that background? the yellow in the graffiti?
      It's not a lie If YOU Believe it.
      Not baller status.
      The Mk4 forum is full of

Vehicles
      05-06-2008 10:16 PM #186
      Quote, originally posted by CreepinGTI »
      The problem is, the only person that wants to complain about it is not providing suggestions. He just wants to complain, so...
      I agree 100% with you on this..... So i'll see everyone Sat night than. this is why I brought my car down, lets get together bs grab some grub and go for a cruz and make small pit stops at different places

Vehicles
      05-06-2008 10:18 PM #187

i'm down for this side i'm off the green brier pkwy

Vehicles
      05-06-2008 10:18 PM #188
      Good deal! Please try to make it out our way Saturday so we can discuss this further. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

i'll try to man but i cant promise anything [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Quote, originally posted by AutomaticJoy »
      P.s. I LOVE your car!!! Every time I see it im like "dang" lololz. How lucky was that background? the yellow in the graffiti?

lol thanks...i saw graffiti and i was like "omg i gotta take pics there" and was pretty surprised when i got closer and saw the yellow
      edit:
      i'm down for this side i'm off the green brier pkwy

no way man ur like right down the road from me haha hit me up sometime dude [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      lol my car's all over this page
      Modified by imolafresh at 10:20 PM 5-6-2008

Modified by imolafresh at 10:21 PM 5-6-2008

Vehicles
      05-06-2008 10:37 PM #189
      no way man ur like right down the road from me haha hit me up sometime dude [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      ya I'm staying with my aunt and uncle they live off off kempsville...
      Also who's going t DATB? I want to do a cruz..

Vehicles
      05-06-2008 10:56 PM #190
      ya I'm staying with my aunt and uncle they live off off kempsville...
      Also who's going t DATB? I want to do a cruz..

word...my neighborhoods off of kempsville too [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      05-06-2008 11:17 PM #191
      word what are you up to tomorrow around 7pm? I get outta work at 6 but takes me a few to get home from Newport News ship yard

Vehicles
      05-06-2008 11:24 PM #192
      bed time for me up for work at 4am

18. 05-06-2008 11:25 PM #193
      I'm gonna be at down town hampton tomorrow, so I'll check out some spots there, with the block party in full swing on saturday nights, having the meets close by would be pretty fun.
      Happy to report that BD LCK1 v2.0 is up and running got it back this week and it looks great, did a few things to it sunday and this evening it's almost caught up to what it was before

Vehicles
      '80 diesel caddy
      05-07-2008 12:53 AM #194
      Quote, originally posted by mouth621 »
      Happy to report that BD LCK1 v2.0 is up and running got it back this week and it looks great, did a few things to it sunday and this evening it's almost caught up to what it was before

good to hear!

Vehicles
      2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
      05-07-2008 04:34 AM #195

Talk all the **** you want I was just calling it as I see it. I was just saying Im out for a bit. If you think I am not saying something thats fine think what you will. I will be back every now and again to stop in but thats about it. As for me not providing suggestions who cares... im not saying something should be fixed here its just not for me. Every now and again some some douche comes along and wants to change stuff around and this time it gets to be Brian. Maybe I am an ass, maybe I am a douche in some peoples eyes but hey thats ok with me. When someone comes along and starts showing up and then has a problem with one or more people who have been around for a while and tries to make this better when they werent bad in the first place... I see drama on the horizon and just wanted to get out of the spotlight as this all happens... I was just trying to say peace and take some time off and then you call me out? Thats kinda the stuff I was trying to avoid by taking a break from the gtgs and the crap thats been going on at them... There are some others who feel the same as I do in regards to whats happening to the overall vibe at the meets but I am not into name dropping. Oh except I guess I did earlier in the post oops... Maybe I live in the past in some respect since I miss how it was when Lexx was rolling with us to the first Eurocolony meet infront of Saddleridge/Coldstone, but then again when I show up now there are only a few faces that were there then that are still with us. Im not saying all the new faces are a bad thing but then again. Ive meet alot of great people and made some great friends over the past 2 or 3 years here and thats not gonna change. Im just not feeling the gtgs lately.
      Feel free to respond to this whatever way you choose but know its just my opinion being expressed here not to reflect that of anyone elses. Brian can call me out for calling him a Douche thats fine too it wont bug me.

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-07-2008 06:09 AM #196
      Quote, originally posted by lokeyvw »
      Talk all the **** you want I was just calling it as I see it. I was just saying Im out for a bit. If you think I am not saying something thats fine think what you will. I will be back every now and again to stop in but thats about it. As for me not providing suggestions who cares... im not saying something should be fixed here its just not for me. Every now and again some some douche comes along and wants to change stuff around and this time it gets to be Brian. Maybe I am an ass, maybe I am a douche in some peoples eyes but hey thats ok with me. When someone comes along and starts showing up and then has a problem with one or more people who have been around for a while and tries to make this better when they werent bad in the first place... I see drama on the horizon and just wanted to get out of the spotlight as this all happens... I was just trying to say peace and take some time off and then you call me out? Thats kinda the stuff I was trying to avoid by taking a break from the gtgs and the crap thats been going on at them... There are some others who feel the same as I do in regards to whats happening to the overall vibe at the meets but I am not into name dropping. Oh except I guess I did earlier in the post oops... Maybe I live in the past in some respect since I miss how it was when Lexx was rolling with us to the first Eurocolony meet infront of Saddleridge/Coldstone, but then again when I show up now there are only a few faces that were there then that are still with us. Im not saying all the new faces are a bad thing but then again. Ive meet alot of great people and made some great friends over the past 2 or 3 years here and thats not gonna change. Im just not feeling the gtgs lately.
      Feel free to respond to this whatever way you choose but know its just my opinion being expressed here not to reflect that of anyone elses. Brian can call me out for calling him a Douche thats fine too it wont bug me.

I am glad it won't bug you. I am not trying to take charge or change anything. What happened last week when there was no one there to decide on a spot??? No one met up. What is wrong with including only the people who are respectful to the others not to get their spot taken away??? NOTHING! You obviously have a problem with me, and I have given you no reason to have a problem. So, if you have a problem with us trying to meet up and find a new spot, then yes this is not for you. I hope the next time I see you your attitude is fixed, because we will talk. Oh, and I am not alone in this. I do not make decisions on my own, so you might as well call all the others douche also.
      I get it, you have a problem with me being in on the decision making because I have not been around you so much. Well, I have missed one weekend coming out since I started. You were asked for your opinion. You were included on the decisions. What did you contribute??????? So, your buddies weren't included in the gtg at the fishhouse. Well, they were probably part of the idiots driving like asses that got the garage taken away. I can understand you sticking with your pals, but when you and them have no where to meet because you have been kicked out of every place, what then?
      Richard, you got me all wrong. I just want to meet and a place to meet. You need to chill your tone and come hang out. If you want to make decisions, there is no one saying you can't and we welcome everyone's opinion. Its just that a few people are standing up and making a decision. Why? I don't know, but a lot of other people lean on a few to make decisions. Did we ask it to be this way? No. There is no heirarchy, just a few guys trying to find a place to meet.

Modified by CreepinGTI at 6:19 AM 5-7-2008

22. 05-07-2008 09:56 AM #197
      Quote, originally posted by AutomaticJoy »

I spy someone working on their front end... what's going on over there

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      05-07-2008 10:21 AM #198
      I want all posters in this thread to know- that I gave the link to this thread to a mod. Who will probably tell the corrective mod. about this thread.
      The drama/bs is okay to certain levels and degrees. However, I know personally that this is not acceptable. I reported this thread to be cleaned up - And to be watched until people can settle their differences off the forums.
      I apologize for spelling errors. I suck at spelling.
      1999 Jetta VR6 - Totaled.
      1991 Gti VR6 - Sold/ Totaled.
      2006 Jetta 2.0t - Totaled.
      2004 R32 3.2- Purchased 10/31/2009 with 99k, currently 196,800!

Vehicles
      CW 08 Rabbit
      05-07-2008 10:50 AM #199
      Quote, originally posted by breane24 »
      I want all posters in this thread to know- that I gave the link to this thread to a mod. Who will probably tell the corrective mod. about this thread.
      The drama/bs is okay to certain levels and degrees. However, I know personally that this is not acceptable. I reported this thread to be cleaned up - And to be watched until people can settle their differences off the forums.

[IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG] Nothing said here was out-of-line except the name calling. Everything else was right on point. Welcome to the area.

Modified by CreepinGTI at 10:53 AM 5-7-2008

Vehicles
      02 jetta 1.8t,E90,E34,11 gsxr 750
      05-07-2008 10:57 AM #200
      Quote, originally posted by breane24 »

wow pre-madana [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]

Page 8 of 823 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast