Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 436 of 472 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446 ... LastLast
    Results 10,876 to 10,900 of 11795

    Thread: Kenosha, WI Area UNITE!

    1. Member GTI tuner's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 30th, 2008
      Location
      The 262
      Posts
      486
      Vehicles
      MKv Fahrenheit GTI
      04-26-2012 05:31 AM #10876
      Looking for a new set of wheels for my mk4 golf if anyone has some Laying around . Lol
      I could use some Coilovers to haha I know fat chance

    2. Member beckyg60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 5th, 2005
      Location
      Ktown, WI
      Posts
      3,197
      Vehicles
      1990 Corrado G60
      04-26-2012 06:42 AM #10877
      Quote Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
      Mmm I could go for some Tenuta's panini sandwich right now. Yumz




      How sad is this
      A 2008 study funded by the Alameda County Community Development Agency estimated that about 2,400 raptors, including burrowing owls, American kestrels, and red-tailed hawks—as well as about 7,500 other birds, nearly all of which are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act—are being killed every year by the turbines at Altamont. The Los Angeles Times reported that about 70 golden eagles are being killed per year by the wind turbines at Altamont Pass

      …Bats are getting whacked, too. The Pennsylvania Game Commission estimates that wind turbines killed more than 10,000 bats in the state in 2010.

      My thought is this is just as bad as a oil spill if you calculate all the wind mills out there. I like birds a lot. I have 5 bird houses 1 bat house 2 bird feeders and 1 squirrel feeder. I have every color bird under the sun in my back yard and a chipmunk.

      but oil WILL run out. wind. . . will always be around. Has anyone lost any family members from fighting the war for wind???

      If it bothers you that much, encourage a design for a more bird safe turbine, or come up with one on your own :p

    3. 04-26-2012 03:34 PM #10878
      Is there war for wind? Yes a political war
      Is there war on oil? Yes a political war

      What factual evidence is there that the U.S. went to war because of crude? None

      I think over half U.S. crude purchased is from the western hemisphere.

      If we went to war for oil lets say in Iraq why did Russia and China n other purchasers win contracts from Iraqi oil. The closest in mind might be two sublets co. but they don't even live here in the U.S. and I don't think we would go to war for them.

      Iraq invasion of Kuwait is a possible example of war for oil.

      If you new history you might say that prior to the gulf war.
      In 1990, Iraq accused Kuwait of stealing Iraqi petroleum through slant drilling which finely led to a seven-month long Iraqi occupation of Kuwait, or attack. The state of Kuwait was annexed, and Hussein announced in a few days that it was the 19th province of Iraq. This led the U.S. to step in the Gulf War.

      The Iraq was for other reasons " weapons of mass destruction" nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons. None were found. The idea wasn't made up tho.

      Saddam cousin Iraq leader was nicknamed "Chemical Ali" for a reason. Thousands of civilians were killed. Independent sources estimate 1,100,000 to more than 2,150,000 deaths.
      The Halabja poison gas attack or Bloody Friday was a genocidal massacre against the Kurdish people that took place on March 16, 1988, during the closing days of the Iran–Iraq War, when chemical weapons were used by the Iraqi government forces in the Kurdish town of Halabja in Iraqi Kurdistan.

      The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people, and injured around 7,000 to 10,000 more, most of them civilians; thousands more died of complications, diseases, and birth defects in the years after the attack. The incident, which has been officially defined as an act of genocide against the Kurdish people in Iraq, was and still remains the largest chemical weapons attack directed against a civilian-populated area in history.

      The Halabja attack has been recognized as a separate event from the Anfal Genocide that was also conducted against the Kurdish people by the Iraqi regime under Saddam Hussein.

      December 23, 2005, a Dutch court sentenced Frans van Anraat, a businessman who bought chemicals on the world market and sold them to Saddam's regime.

      Saddams response In relation to Iran, if any military or civil official claims that Saddam gave orders to use either conventional or special ammunition, which as explained is chemical, I will take responsibility with honor.

      History shows evidence of use and at the time cause for reason. Yes there could be other motives we will never know.
      To say "war on oil" to me is jst an inline step of many lefty s agenda to hate the Bushes theme. The media fuels it. Gotta do yr own research to see thru the bull.

      As far as the wind turbines It's an old idea and still works but is costly. $70,mill in Minnesota is on the hook for. This will bring higher taxes which they cant afford and drive up energy costs.

      The top three wind loss leaders in 2011 were Great River Energy ($35 million), Minnkota ($27.5 million) and Dairyland Power ($18.1 million in Minnesota and Wisconsin combined). That’s a steep increase from 2010, when Great River Energy (GRE) reported a $22 million loss on wind energy sales, while Minnkota reported a $28.2 million loss the previous year.

      If a business that cannot survive without government subsidies or mandates it's a fail. Green subsidies don’t create jobs they kill them.

      States are turning them off countries are abandoning the idea and investors are walking away.

      Wind is more expensive than the cheapest fossil-fuel options as high as 90%. Germany will phase out support to the industry by 2017. The U.K. energy minister has hinted in cutting subsidies for the deployment and operation of environmentalists' favored technologies.

      I understand alternatives but this green idea is green money green and full of scams. Obama and his minions can push the idea but don't kill whats working along side it. Like forcing the coal industry with new mandates that make it impossible to start or to keep businesses running. You cant charge an electric car without plugging it into a grid. If everyone was to plug in you would have blackouts. Hmm what if the wind turbine stopped spinning cuz of no wind? Does that mean you can stay home for work. Energy cost is due to rise this year due to mandates and increased regulation of coal-fired power plants.
      That in turn will be passed onto you as the consumer with higher heating costs this winter to the product you purchase. This will hurt businesses because now there monthly expenditure's went up. That equals less Help Wanted signs and a further tilt in economy.

      I like green idea's but is see more harm then good. Poor birds and my pocket. Sorry so long

    4. Member InstantKarma's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2005
      Location
      Kenosha, WI
      Posts
      6,635
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      04-26-2012 03:46 PM #10879
      tl:dr

    5. Member b-VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2007
      Location
      Kenosha, WI
      Posts
      9,866
      Vehicles
      A 2 Wheeler
      04-26-2012 04:10 PM #10880
      Quote Originally Posted by InstantKarma View Post
      tl:dr
      bingo
      psn: b_vw888

      Facebook
      Flickr

    6. Member Davis.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2010
      Location
      MKE
      Posts
      7,147
      Vehicles
      A topless teen and a bloody newborn
      04-26-2012 06:56 PM #10881
      Quote Originally Posted by b-VW View Post
      bingo
      same.
      Canibeat - Cars | Culture | Lifestyle
      A community will forever reign supreme.

    7. 04-27-2012 01:05 AM #10882
      The world past n present is action packed excitement fr me. Sorry guys frr the yawn. History, economics, Science, truth I love. Well actually much much more if you know me like micro brews. Knowledge is power and enlightenment. Doesn't matter if it's flat lines or red lines. Sorry I thought there was good information I could share.

    8. Member InstantKarma's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2005
      Location
      Kenosha, WI
      Posts
      6,635
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      04-27-2012 09:12 AM #10883
      it was good information until the part where everything is obama's fault. every argument anyone ever has for anything seems to go that way.

      Its like when you're having a conversation with someone and they drop the jesus bomb in there. just kills it for me... now I know your argument is coming from somewhere that I just can not possibly agree with or respect because you're pulling it straight out of a fairy tale or a personal opinion

      and anyway... that whole thing was almost completely from wikipedia, the first clue was that you actually spelled words like "for" and "your" correctly
      Last edited by InstantKarma; 04-27-2012 at 09:15 AM.

    9. Member beckyg60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 5th, 2005
      Location
      Ktown, WI
      Posts
      3,197
      Vehicles
      1990 Corrado G60
      04-27-2012 09:22 AM #10884
      whatever, in ten years we'll all be commies.

    10. Member sleepbelowstars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 16th, 2004
      Location
      Milwaukee, WI
      Posts
      16,743
      Vehicles
      2010 Mazda5, 1967 Beetle, 1976 Harley Sportster
      04-27-2012 10:36 AM #10885
      Quote Originally Posted by beckyg60 View Post
      whatever, in ten years we'll all be commies.
      HORRAY!

      .:dubnoxious:.
      .:dubnoxious:.
      .:dubnoxious:.

    11. Member beckyg60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 5th, 2005
      Location
      Ktown, WI
      Posts
      3,197
      Vehicles
      1990 Corrado G60
      04-27-2012 11:10 AM #10886
      Quote Originally Posted by sleepbelowstars View Post
      HORRAY!
      HA! wth??

    12. 04-27-2012 01:41 PM #10887
      Quote Originally Posted by InstantKarma View Post
      it was good information until the part where everything is obama's fault. every argument anyone ever has for anything seems to go that way.

      Its like when you're having a conversation with someone and they drop the jesus bomb in there. just kills it for me... now I know your argument is coming from somewhere that I just can not possibly agree with or respect because you're pulling it straight out of a fairy tale or a personal opinion

      and anyway... that whole thing was almost completely from wikipedia, the first clue was that you actually spelled words like "for" and "your" correctly

      Not that I'm trying to start a debate with you. Every thing I mentioned and points dicussed is factual and is the cause fr yes frr reason are in line. Like it or not.

      This was not an argument as you are saying unless you would like one n I would not do it here with the keys.

      What I said are from news clipping multiple sources not personal opinion or fairy tales like you mentioned. That is why it says do some research. But if you do not want to then you Brett have no bases saying that or any thing. Your thoughts flailing and go no where.

      The only thing regarding Wikipedia is the historical facts and the numbers of deaths are important. Whats wrong with that.

      Sorry but this was not an attack or an argument but yr attitude shows.


      Lets take this back to cars and simpler thoughts.

    13. 04-27-2012 03:15 PM #10888
      Does anyone no where to get a 9pin to a USB cord that does not take a software install?

    14. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Salem WI
      Posts
      38
      Vehicles
      12 jetta, 10 gti, 92 slc
      04-27-2012 07:00 PM #10889
      I have one. Cant for the life of me remember where it came from tho.

    15. 04-28-2012 12:20 PM #10890
      Hey Well if rings a bell let me know. I have one that requires software but the software was installed on my other computer which I no longer have or disk. So I'm looking for one that will remotely pop up when plugged in and when there's internet.

      Hmm that reminds me did you ever get yr Lug unit to work? I just had a thought> If you go to Preferences then click ECU connection then click Detect are you getting a connection?

    16. Member GTI tuner's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 30th, 2008
      Location
      The 262
      Posts
      486
      Vehicles
      MKv Fahrenheit GTI
      04-30-2012 12:40 AM #10891
      Anyone here have any suggestions on how to move a frozen Coilover collar ?
      My front rokkor is corroded and won't budge

      Steve and I tried the tool and a big breaker bar with no luck ..
      Thanks again for trying Steve !

    17. 04-30-2012 08:12 AM #10892
      Quote Originally Posted by GTI tuner View Post
      Anyone here have any suggestions on how to move a frozen Coilover collar ?
      My front rokkor is corroded and won't budge

      Steve and I tried the tool and a big breaker bar with no luck ..
      Thanks again for trying Steve !
      Like I said, I'd call rokkor. They probably have those collars for sale.

    18. Member InstantKarma's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2005
      Location
      Kenosha, WI
      Posts
      6,635
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      04-30-2012 10:02 AM #10893
      I used a big pipe wrench on one of those before. It may chew up some of the teeth on the collar but at least it will move it.

      the other option would be cutting the thing off with a dremel or something.

    19. 04-30-2012 12:45 PM #10894
      they are welded on.

      call rokkor!!

    20. Member GTI tuner's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 30th, 2008
      Location
      The 262
      Posts
      486
      Vehicles
      MKv Fahrenheit GTI
      05-03-2012 01:54 AM #10895
      Called rokkor and got all four front collars and spanner wrenches for 35 shipped !

    21. Member InstantKarma's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2005
      Location
      Kenosha, WI
      Posts
      6,635
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      05-03-2012 09:33 AM #10896
      nice

      I love when companies actually come through and help their customers.

    22. 05-03-2012 09:37 AM #10897
      Right, that's awesome!!

    23. Member PrivateTucker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 5th, 2006
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      604
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI SE
      05-03-2012 03:39 PM #10898
      So hey, it looks like death outside, and since this is the first Thursday of May, wondering if RR is on for tonight still. It would be my first time, so understand my noobness in asking.

    24. Member beckyg60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 5th, 2005
      Location
      Ktown, WI
      Posts
      3,197
      Vehicles
      1990 Corrado G60
      05-03-2012 05:28 PM #10899
      Quote Originally Posted by PrivateTucker View Post
      So hey, it looks like death outside, and since this is the first Thursday of May, wondering if RR is on for tonight still. It would be my first time, so understand my noobness in asking.
      dammit. i always forget. . . well, my vw is still leaking and sans battery and Brett currently doesn't own a car. I'm not sure who else is in town yet. Steve?? You in?

    25. Member InstantKarma's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2005
      Location
      Kenosha, WI
      Posts
      6,635
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      05-03-2012 06:06 PM #10900
      dang i forgot too...

    Page 436 of 472 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •