i posted about this a while back, but never followed up. some of you may question the motivations here because this is not for any performance gain whatsoever, but really my answer is uh, because it looks cool?
anyway, here are some shots of the moon equipment analog clock gauge that i built using the two outer pieces of a spare OEM vent pod, a black modshack adaptor ring, some silicone aquarium sealant, and the 2 metal L brackets that came with the moon clock. sorry some of these are blurry, the camera sucked!
here is the stuff i started with: moon shift knob, and all other items used for the clock...
i will spare you the details here, but here is a blurry pic of the clock installed in the vent ring:
and here we have the back view:
so here is a blurry one of old reliable that I already have on the other side, and I wanted it to match this one in a way but still stand out…
and volia, here she is installed for the test fit, and it fits like a glove! This baby was only about 100 bucks or so IIRC? yes, I know, the font is not the same as the rest of the gauges but whatever. it also has a white backlight which does kinda match the rest. the switch to change the time is going to be located directly below the bottom edge of the top of the dash, and it will look clean and hardly noticeable.
threw the moon ball on the shifter, and had to use one of the 4 thread-adaptor rings this came with… BTW this was only 25 bucks, i mean really how could i say no?
and finally- here is the full impact. im a simple dude when it comes to mods, so for me I actually call this “done”. diamond plate aluminum floormats from a dude on vortex who sold his mark 1 TT and got a mark 2.
also, ive had my engine covers off the car since last fall, when I took them off and gave them all a fresh respray of krylon high-temp silver. They have been out in the garagein storage, and this month I finally pulled them out and finished it up using one-shot pinstriping enamel in process blue, with a mack lettering brush. again, a needless mod but I like the look… threw the moon stickers on for +25HP haha
kinda embarrassing here in this one because the freshly painted covers make the engine itself look dirty as hell. time to take them back off and give everything a nice detailing…
and finally here she is looking stock as a rock on the outside, but I actually like it that way for now…need some summer wheels and an exhaust, and im calling it done.
sorry to the admins and everyone here for the huge pics that are sucking up all the internet power!