VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your TT today?

619K views 4K replies 429 participants last post by  AlbertaAndy 
#1 ·
From a thread of the same name from the Corrado forum.
I just debadged (except for the rings) and installed new parking light LED replacements.
Next up, new (to me) wheels, a chip and new plugs.

See less See more
#131 ·
Re: (DuBSPEED22)

Made a few fun purchases today. APR intake manifold with plate and TB, Scat Rods, Kinetics T3/T4 50 trim, water/meth injection kit, Siemens 630cc injectors, Walbro 255lphr Fuel pump kit, oil line kit, and my favorite GReddy Profec e-01 Boost controller

Probably gonna have to put new tires on that list soon too

#132 ·
Re: (turbott920)

i posted about this a while back, but never followed up. some of you may question the motivations here because this is not for any performance gain whatsoever, but really my answer is uh, because it looks cool?

anyway, here are some shots of the moon equipment analog clock gauge that i built using the two outer pieces of a spare OEM vent pod, a black modshack adaptor ring, some silicone aquarium sealant, and the 2 metal L brackets that came with the moon clock. sorry some of these are blurry, the camera sucked!
here is the stuff i started with: moon shift knob, and all other items used for the clock...

i will spare you the details here, but here is a blurry pic of the clock installed in the vent ring:

and here we have the back view:

so here is a blurry one of old reliable that I already have on the other side, and I wanted it to match this one in a way but still stand out…

and volia, here she is installed for the test fit, and it fits like a glove! This baby was only about 100 bucks or so IIRC? yes, I know, the font is not the same as the rest of the gauges but whatever. it also has a white backlight which does kinda match the rest. the switch to change the time is going to be located directly below the bottom edge of the top of the dash, and it will look clean and hardly noticeable.

threw the moon ball on the shifter, and had to use one of the 4 thread-adaptor rings this came with… BTW this was only 25 bucks, i mean really how could i say no?

and finally- here is the full impact. im a simple dude when it comes to mods, so for me I actually call this “done”. diamond plate aluminum floormats from a dude on vortex who sold his mark 1 TT and got a mark 2.

also, ive had my engine covers off the car since last fall, when I took them off and gave them all a fresh respray of krylon high-temp silver. They have been out in the garagein storage, and this month I finally pulled them out and finished it up using one-shot pinstriping enamel in process blue, with a mack lettering brush. again, a needless mod but I like the look… threw the moon stickers on for +25HP haha

kinda embarrassing here in this one because the freshly painted covers make the engine itself look dirty as hell. time to take them back off and give everything a nice detailing…

and finally here she is looking stock as a rock on the outside, but I actually like it that way for now…need some summer wheels and an exhaust, and im calling it done.

sorry to the admins and everyone here for the huge pics that are sucking up all the internet power!

#138 ·
Re: (my own style tt)

Haldex change last friday - first time i've done it myself - wasn't that bad.
LCA's are off and i'm rebonding the spherical bearings into the arms - as the adhesive failed, and based upon inspection - it didn't cure properly the first time. Arms go back in today.

#139 ·
Re: (joe@vwvortex)

Quote, originally posted by joe@vwvortex »
Haldex change last friday - first time i've done it myself - wasn't that bad.

i had an issue with the fluid shooting back out as fast as I was trying to shoot it in.
I now have a 65535 VAGcom error when trying to read my Haldex unit.
65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error
Do you think that may be due to low fluid or just a fried out Haldex unit?
I have 110k miles on my TT.

#140 ·
Re: (darrenbyrnes)

Quote, originally posted by darrenbyrnes »

i had an issue with the fluid shooting back out as fast as I was trying to shoot it in.
I now have a 65535 VAGcom error when trying to read my Haldex unit.
65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error
Do you think that may be due to low fluid or just a fried out Haldex unit?
I have 110k miles on my TT.

Code is for the controller - not the fluid - BUT if you have too little fluid it might be malfunctioning.
In order to get as much fluid as I could - I use a piece of latex tubing that fit over the oil cartridge and right inside the drain/fill hole. Once all the fluid was in, i crimped the latex tubing, set down the oil cartridge and got the plug. This allowed me to pull out the tubing, cover the hole and then insert the plug. Sure some came out, but not that much. Just to be sure - i'd try drain/refill and clear the code and see if it comes back.

#144 ·
Re: (l88m22vette)

This thread is now called, "What did you do to your A4 today?"
Quote, originally posted by l88m22vette »
Brad, whats up? Still enjoying the A4? Any mods yet?

Of course foo! All the usual that I had on the TT, plus I decided to try out a test pipe which was a great idea. Just got wheels on last week, but I am still trying to find time to install my suspension.
Picture is 'shopped because oem sport suspension is too 4x4 to post up here

This thread is now called, "What did you do to your TT today" again

#145 ·
Re: (Phrost)

Quote, originally posted by Phrost »
This thread is now called, "What did you do to your A4 today?"

Of course foo! All the usual that I had on the TT, plus I decided to try out a test pipe which was a great idea. Just got wheels on last week, but I am still trying to find time to install my suspension.
Picture is 'shopped because oem sport suspension is too 4x4 to post up here

This thread is now called, "What did you do to your TT today" again

Didn't realize that was you, saw this car a few times...think I even saw it a couple days ago.

#147 ·

Didn't know we had any other TT enthusiasts in my area

Oh, and remember my threads about my dump tube I had on my TT? Well it's going on my A4 to pair up with my test pipe. Sucka is gonna be loud! Mmm I can't wait

Or you can just sell it to me since I will be putting a new turbo back on in the next week or so anyway.

#148 ·
Re: (turbott920)

Quote, originally posted by turbott920 »

Or you can just sell it to me since I will be putting a new turbo back on in the next week or so anyway.

I would, but it's really scraped up from my TT being so low before... and I really want to see what it will sound like on a 2.0T with a test pipe
They're fairly cheap if you want a new one though, I just had Exhaust Pros (off Lime Kiln) weld mine in for about $50 or so I think

#151 ·

I just had Exhaust Pros (off Lime Kiln) weld mine in for about $50 or so I think

sweet, thanks for the tip.
Edit: Today, lets see, got the bumper, headlights, dual sidemounts, CAI, turbo, exhaust mani, intake mani, head, battery, battery tray, and about a million other things taken off...not that I started it all today but I finally got all that off today!

Modified by turbott920 at 7:37 PM 8-8-2008

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.