VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your TT today?

619K views 4K replies 429 participants last post by  AlbertaAndy 
#1 ·
From a thread of the same name from the Corrado forum.
I just debadged (except for the rings) and installed new parking light LED replacements.
Next up, new (to me) wheels, a chip and new plugs.

See less See more
#53 ·
Re: (Phrost)

to that. How about audiworld? Wouldn't that be better?

...or, you could pick up a 180q and BT it for cheap
That's give you an excuse to come back

And, I cleaned my engine bay tonight, and tomorrow is the outside

Modified by l88m22vette at 10:37 PM 5-4-2008

#62 ·
Re: (Phrost)

Changed my plugs a couple of days ago. I'm not sure when they were changed last (maybe 20K ago? Previous owner probably had it done at the 40K service.). They weren't bad, but I didn't waste my time/$ with the change. Plus, it allowed the TT and I to bond.

I called a friend about the damn fuel filter. He explained how the quick disconnect works...I'll give that another go this afternoon.
I'm gonna look for some ramps and a torque wrench this afternoon, too. I've been wanting both of those for a while. If all goes well, I'm going to install the ECS poly dogbone mounts today, too. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#63 ·
Re: (DnA-TT)

I just ordered poly FSB bushings to fix the creaking in my front suspension and a Neuspeed Rear Stabilizer Bar from TTStuff. Also got an air filter/cabin filter... timing belt, haldex, and oil being changed this Wednesday. Hopefully after all this I can recover financially and work on getting a DP/Exhaust and chip for the summer!

#65 ·
Re: (darrenbyrnes)

Oil change - Castrol Syntec 5w-40
Fuel Filter change
Poly inserts for dog bone
Paid somebody to do 'em for me.

Don't have a good place to dispose of oil (yet...);
Couldn't get the f*$%King quick disconnects on the fuel filter;
Got the dog bone off no problem, but couldn't get the center bolt out (I think that woulda needed some air tools and/or a vice...neither of which I have)
Glad it's done. I like the shop: Got a recommendation for a great VW/Audi shop from a local. Turns out...the Audi division is visible from my porch!
Makes me feel good, in case I ever have to leave it over night. I'm rollin' up on 60K, so I'm trying to space out the stuff a little. I think I'll go for a Haldex and brake fluid change next. Then, TB/WB/etc.

#68 ·

Quote, originally posted by DnA-TT »
Couldn't get the f*$%King quick disconnects on the fuel filter;

Don't worry - many a seasoned mechanic have broken them trying to get them off. I had someone else do it as well - actually when I had my TB done - did'nt cost me anymore.

#70 ·

FINALLY got the parts together that i ordered. got the neuspeed 22mm front sway and a 1/2 kmac kit, both going in this week along with oil change, plug change, and alignment.
my front sway is creaky as hell and im tired of hitting it with silicone spray to make the sound go away- time to cure it once and for all and upgrade in the process...
i was debating for a while whether to get the kmac or not because my drop is mild and there isnt THAT much neg camber, but the look has been bothering me, and i might as well save my tires a little more.
i seem to do mods in spurts usually when its time for an oil change, so the next episode after this one will be another oil change, haldex change, maybe some spacers, replace windshield (slightly cracked. thanks winter!) and finally get the driver's door latch sensor replaced...

#73 ·
Re: (chrislups)

TT will get cleaned up and hopefully detailed between tonight and tomorrow morning. On Thursday - it will go in for new bushes in the rear position the front control arms. The ones I have in now are the MKII oem's and they are toast. Been in for about 1.5 years and 12 track days - went in with the Decons. Don't know why they are in such bad shape - but could have not been installed correctly or just bad bushes to start with. I've got Powerflex Poly's to go in - even though i've always advocated not using them - I figured I'd give them a try since OEM's don't seem to last that long either. Powerflex poly's are much nicer than the ECS (crap) or Prothane in that they have a metal plate bonded to the top lip which is wide - much wider than the ECS or Prothanes. We'll see how they work. Some have had issues with fitment (control arm is too thick for the bush) others have not. I'll have a set of OEM's with me just in case they don't fit.

#74 ·
Re: (joe@vwvortex)

Just picked my TT up from the shop, got the timing belt changed, haldex fluid/filter, coolant system flush and an oil change while it was there. $1163.38

It's running great now though and I'm not driving around paranoid that my engine is going to "explode" at any moment. I was at 63,061 miles and had a whirring noise coming from the timing belt side that is now gone - it was probably the tensioner or water pump as I suspected.
Now I get to complete my carputer installation this weekend and hopefully I'm good for a few thousand miles so I can stop spending money fixing it and get it chipped, exhaust, suspension work, etc....!

#75 ·
Re: (bauch1425)

got to drive my car today (first time since sept). However the head was loud as hell and we are going to replace the lifters since the old ones seem to not be doing so well. But at ~7psi, the car pulled about the same as it use to at ~18psi.

Still have a few bugs to work out before i take it home for good.

#76 ·
Re: (cincyTT)

Quote, originally posted by cincyTT »
got to drive my car today (first time since sept). However the head was loud as hell and we are going to replace the lifters since the old ones seem to not be doing so well. But at ~7psi, the car pulled about the same as it use to at ~18psi.

Still have a few bugs to work out before i take it home for good.

Finally!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.