Coming to a close on my project after 6 mo. of work. Engine has been rebuild for a rod install, T3/T4 50 Trim, ALL custom lines, only the lower radiator hose is factory, "cleaned" or "shaved" engine bay, ect. I was thinking about it and there is a build list for BT's, but no list of things to check and verify before you close your eyes, turn the key, and wait for the sweet sweet music. Here is a start for the list, post up and I will add it if it is reasonable and fits the request.
1. Check ALL fluid levels
- Power Steering
- Brake Fluid
2. Trace and verify connection on ALL:
- Oil lines
- Coolant lines
- Power Steering lines
- Brake and Clutch lines
- Fuel lines
3. Confirm 12v+ from Battery
4. Remove fuel injector fuse #32 and crank car for 10-15 seconds to prime the turbo and circulate engine oil. Turning the key to on will also prime the fuel system. If you have a gauge check that as well before starting to verify correct fuel pressure and a leak free system.
5. Replace fuse, cross fingers and turn the key
6. Keep your eyes GLUED on the oil light, or oil pressure gauge for pressure and verify desired pressure is obtained.
7. Check for leaks, look EVERYWHERE! Always a good idea to shut the car off and look everything over. Check for any leaks on all mating surfaces, fittings, ect. Also an excellent time to double check fluid levels.
8. Wipe sweat from forehead, sigh in relief and be glad you had a check list to follow.
PLEASE, add to this, I think it can be a valuable resource for people at 3:00 in the AM trying to get to an event the next day. Just a constant when you are bleary eyed, exhausted, and not thinking as clearly as you should be when you finally "FIRE IT UP".