Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: let's see your Sig Sauer P6 pistol!

1. 09-23-2008 02:32 AM #76
      How does the gun shoot? I have been reading nothing but good reviews, with a few about the stamped slide and trigger spring. Also, how is the aluminum lower? No QC issues?

09-23-2008 07:03 AM #77
      Quote, originally posted by EuroKO337 »
      How does the gun shoot? I have been reading nothing but good reviews, with a few about the stamped slide and trigger spring. Also, how is the aluminum lower? No QC issues?

Mine? It's been flawless so far except for one failure to feed when I didn't put the top round in the magazine in all the way. No issues feeding hollowpoints but that seemed to be a problem mostly related to the older vintage P6s. No problems with the trigger or springs though some have recommended getting the refresh kit from Sig. You should be really happy with your purchase, $400 for a great quality Sig can't be beat. I love the way this pistol is designed and the how natural it feels in my hand, the controls are the most intuitive and well placed controls I've ever experienced. No issues with the aluminum lower, seems like a really solid piece.

3. 10-02-2008 01:05 PM #78
      Got my P6 yesterday and took it to the range. Either I'm disappointed in my shooting ability (which is most likely the case) or the gun is shooting low/left @ 15 yards. These sights are non adjustable right? Can I switch out the front sight easily?

10-02-2008 01:45 PM #79
      Take it with a grain of salt, don't know how accurate this thing is:
      http://makarov.com/graphics/targets/anatarget.jpg

5. Geriatric Member Obin Robinson's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Boxster, 2012 Kia Soul
      10-02-2008 02:44 PM #80
      Quote, originally posted by EuroKO337 »
      Got my P6 yesterday and took it to the range. Either I'm disappointed in my shooting ability (which is most likely the case) or the gun is shooting low/left @ 15 yards. These sights are non adjustable right? Can I switch out the front sight easily?

it's probably you. the only reason i say this is because with my P6 a buddy of mine and myself were able to keep all 8 rounds in an 8x10" target at 15 yards. even at 10 yards my wife is dead on in the X-ring. we've run about 2,000 rounds through my P6 so chances are all you need is some more trigger time. hey... that's just a good excuse to go to the range more often!
      obin
      "We're society's crowbar. They hate us, they never want to acknowledge the dirty jobs they give us to do, but when the job is done they never throw us away - they just slip us back in the toolbox until they need us the next time. And there will always be a next time."-Jim Hooper. Beneath the Visiting Moon: Images of Combat in Southern Africa

6. 10-02-2008 04:03 PM #81
      for the replies. I'm going back out tonight to see if i shoot any better. Also, the CCI 115gr target seemed to not cycle the slide on the last round in one of the mags...Remington and Winchester fed fine. Could this be because of the aluminum casings on the CCI? Also, since the mfg. date was '82 i assume I have a 42* feed ramp instead of the 45* needed to reliably cycle wider rounds, and hollow points

Modified by EuroKO337 at 1:04 PM 10-2-2008

7. Geriatric Member Obin Robinson's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-02-2008 04:33 PM #82
      just wondering offhand: how thoroughly did you clean your pistol before you shot it? mine is/was in great shape but it was clogged full of lint. whoever the european cop(s) were that had my pistol it's clear that they spent a whole lot of time in their holsters and not much time shooting bad guys. a thorough hosing down and some TLC and i could feel how much better the pistol cycled rounds.
      obin
      "We're society's crowbar. They hate us, they never want to acknowledge the dirty jobs they give us to do, but when the job is done they never throw us away - they just slip us back in the toolbox until they need us the next time. And there will always be a next time."-Jim Hooper. Beneath the Visiting Moon: Images of Combat in Southern Africa

8. 10-03-2008 07:39 PM #83
      I broke it down and went over it with a q-tip before the range last night. I was also just rusty from months of non-shooting. My other fingers were squeezing the gun lower when I pulled the trigger, so I fixed it with a tighter grip. It was waaaay over oiled, but no gunk inside, no wear on the internals/marring of the slide surfaces. Overall, i'd say it's in 98% condition mechanically and aesthetically. I'm very happy with the purchase. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

9. Geriatric Member Obin Robinson's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-04-2008 08:00 AM #84
      did you notice your accuracy go up after you cleaned it and adjusted your grip?
      obin

10. 10-04-2008 01:33 PM #85
      Yes. My grip and cleaning the gun improved my accuracy. I am now back to being able to draw quickly and put two rounds within in a 5" circle. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] for clean guns and good form.

Vehicles
      '09 GTI
      10-17-2008 05:56 PM #86
      Got my P6 today. Didn't come with a case, but came with a nearly brand new looking shoulder holster. Gun looks good, barely has any wear marks on it, and the feed ramps look like its never seen a casing. Came with two mags, one is obviously brand new. No sight marks, only posts? The only rough part is the grips, which is obviously easy to change. Picture later!
      -Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over fifty, and if its speed dropped, the bus would explode! I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."

12. 10-17-2008 06:36 PM #87
      im going to be ordering one of these hopefully next week

13. Geriatric Member Obin Robinson's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-18-2008 10:28 PM #88
      nothing much to add about my P6 except that we've put over 2,000 rounds through it and it hasn't malfunctioned a single time. not even once!
      my wife and i went to the range today and she managed to put all 8 rounds within the 10-ring at 8 yards. 3 were squarely in the X-ring. this pistol is VERY accurate and VERY easy to shoot. i almost feel like buying another one just for the heck of it.
      obin [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      '09 GTI
      10-19-2008 01:51 PM #89
      Pictures!
      Handle looks a little rough, some sort of white residue that I can't seem to remove.

Perfectly clean chamber.

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over fifty, and if its speed dropped, the bus would explode! I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."

15. Geriatric Member Obin Robinson's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-19-2008 02:23 PM #90
      Quote, originally posted by Triumph »
      Pictures!
      Handle looks a little rough, some sort of white residue that I can't seem to remove.

wash the grips with dish soap and water in your kitchen sink. that should work well.
      obin

Vehicles
      '09 GTI
      10-20-2008 07:42 AM #91
      Bah! Didn't work. But marschalgrips.com has a lot of NICE options for only $70. I think I will have to pick a set up!

17. Geriatric Member Obin Robinson's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-20-2008 09:14 AM #92
      Quote, originally posted by Triumph »
      Bah! Didn't work. But marschalgrips.com has a lot of NICE options for only $70. I think I will have to pick a set up!

that's a nice looking gun! offhand when/if you get new grips i'll happily take the old ones off of your hands. i am thinking of trying this soldering gun trick i learned about while at Blackwater but i don't want to mess up my original grips.
      obin

18. 10-20-2008 10:50 AM #93
      i just ordered my p6
      pics when i get it

19. Geriatric Member Obin Robinson's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-20-2008 04:11 PM #94
      Quote, originally posted by Ghost of VW TANK »
      i just ordered my p6
      pics when i get it

cool! where'd you order it from offhand?
      obin [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

20. 10-20-2008 05:05 PM #95
      aim surplus

21. 10-21-2008 04:57 PM #96
      so how many people here actually have a p6?
      im wondering if there are enough people to try and orchestrate some kind of group buy for mags
      the cheapest ive found so far is $34.99

22. Geriatric Member Obin Robinson's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-21-2008 09:56 PM #97
      Quote, originally posted by Ghost of VW TANK »
      so how many people here actually have a p6?
      im wondering if there are enough people to try and orchestrate some kind of group buy for mags
      the cheapest ive found so far is $34.99

group buy for mags? i have three but i might be game for more. count me in if you find them lower than $34.99 each.
      obin [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

23. 10-23-2008 04:05 PM #98

manufactured 1/1982
      some holster wear, but mechanically perfect
      love it!

24. Geriatric Member Obin Robinson's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-23-2008 04:42 PM #99
      wow that was fast! i still recommend cleaning it out thoroughly, oiling up the rails lightly, and going out and throwing some lead through it.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      10-24-2008 05:12 PM #100
      AIM doesn't have the P6 listed on their site any longer.
      كافر
      Save the Nürburgring!

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Gotta keep right on the 'Ring. German road rules apply.
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      I think you and I have mentioned this one a few times over the years.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Might as well just make it our signatures at this point.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast