Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: So my Audi got booted, and this is what I'm going to do about it....discuss

Vehicles
      '12 Chevy Cruze ECO
      06-12-2008 11:20 AM #386
      Quote, originally posted by DUTCHMANia »
      http://www.volksforum.com/foru...80873

Sweet!

06-12-2008 11:26 AM #387
      Quote, originally posted by vsynchronisieren »
      man i hate getting pentilzed

Pentilization is what makes America great!
      Haunted Car Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JuniperMonkeys
      I'm not entirely comfortable with this blood-soaked celery, but I'll eat it anyway. Of all the evidence I've eaten though, I like KNIFE.

06-12-2008 11:31 AM #388
      All you need now is to link this to Fark.
      Haunted Car Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JuniperMonkeys
      I'm not entirely comfortable with this blood-soaked celery, but I'll eat it anyway. Of all the evidence I've eaten though, I like KNIFE.

4. Banned
      06-12-2008 11:32 AM #389
      I just got fined $100 for this from my HOA:

What's this you ask?!?

No, not the scary 8lb Yorkie

The 1964 Cadillac you can't even see in my back yard. not even from the lake- I live in a lake front community.

Vehicles
      2004 VW Passat 1.8T
      06-12-2008 11:34 AM #390
      HOA's continue to flaunt their hostility toward home owners and to support car booting at will. This is a regime that has already used booting to terrorize it's citizens. This is a regime that has used the banning of pick up trucks and lawn inspections to force it's way of life upon others.
      HOA'a like these, and their booting allies, represent and axis of evil. TCL will do what it must to ensure it's security. If the international automotive community will not take action, TCL will. Either you're with us, or you're with the HOA's.
      Thank you. Good night. And God Bless TCL.

Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      06-12-2008 11:48 AM #391
      I would like to know how this is not considered vandalism? A private company, much like a private citizen should not be allowed to go around vandalizing private property. Contracted or not.
      Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

Vehicles
      7.4, 5.7, 5.3 & 5.0
      06-12-2008 11:50 AM #392
      Quote, originally posted by Jettaboy1884 »
      Sweet!

Don't you mean "Zoet"?

8. 06-12-2008 11:54 AM #393
      I've gotta stop reading these HOA related threads before my freakin' head explodes.
      Headline: "TCL Kills"
      A 30 year old male was found dead at his desk Thursday morning. Authorities say the man was reading The Car Lounge when, apparently, blood began gushing from every hole in head. Witnesses claim they heard a Charlie Brown-like "Aargg!" from the deceased's office. By the time they reached him, it was too late.

Sorry, I'm bored.

Modified by KTOOLNIN at 11:57 AM 6-12-2008

Vehicles
      '12 Yaris, '14 Mirage, 2.7 liters total
      06-12-2008 11:55 AM #394
      Quote, originally posted by ExklusivVR6 »
      I just got fined $100 for this from my HOA.

So, if you pay the fine, can you keep the Caddy there?
      I can't imagine some of the stuff in this thread. When I moved into my house I drove the U-Haul around into the back yard since I could run the ramp straight out the back of the truck into the laundry room. Then I did a donut in the back yard with the dually diesel U-Haul truck when we were done unloading everything.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

10. Banned
      06-12-2008 12:09 PM #395
      Quote, originally posted by adrew »
      So, if you pay the fine, can you keep the Caddy there?

I didn't pay the fine.. I called and raised hell. The root of the problem started when I came home from the lake one Sunday night and parked my boat in the vacant lot next door overnight... so my piece of sh t neighbor (everyone has one) who seemingly doesn't have a job and happens to be on the board for my HOA called in the violation and then proceeded to take pictures and write everything she could. I actually got 4 notices.. one for the boat, one for the Caddy, one for weeds - you can see them in the second pic - yes those tiny ones against the house.. one for something else that I can't remember. This all stems from a lack of agreement that I have with my immediate neighbor - He's a grad student and his parents are both neurologists who live in West Virginia. His parents bought him the house and the M5 in the garageand the Roush Supercharged F-150 in the driveway and the SRT-8 in front of my house. He parks his cars everywhere and it pisses me off... Well I think my 'piece of sh t neighbor" who refers to herself as his "Arizona mom" thinks if she lobbies against me for him that she will fall in the good grace$ of his wealthy family.
      Anyway the manager of or HOA said "Who'd you piss off?" when I called in and basically told me not to worry about the Caddy and get the other things in compliance and it's a non issue... He then suggested I make nice nice with the piece of sh t. F THAT! I'm gonna burn her house down and park my boat in front of her place so the firetruck can't get to it...

Sorry for the poor grammer, run-ons, and incomplete thoughts.. I just become blind with rage when I consider how I'm a prisoner in my own home.

Vehicles
      2004 VW Passat 1.8T
      06-12-2008 12:19 PM #396
      I didn't pay the fine.. I called and raised hell. The root of the problem started when I came home from the lake one Sunday night and parked my boat in the vacant lot next door overnight... so my piece of sh t neighbor (everyone has one) who seemingly doesn't have a job and happens to be on the board for my HOA called in the violation and then proceeded to take pictures and write everything she could. I actually got 4 notices.. one for the boat, one for the Caddy, one for weeds - you can see them in the second pic - yes those tiny ones against the house.. one for something else that I can't remember. This all stems from a lack of agreement that I have with my immediate neighbor - He's a grad student and his parents are both neurologists who live in West Virginia. His parents bought him the house and the M5 in the garageand the Roush Supercharged F-150 in the driveway and the SRT-8 in front of my house. He parks his cars everywhere and it pisses me off... Well I think my 'piece of sh t neighbor" who refers to herself as his "Arizona mom" thinks if she lobbies against me for him that she will fall in the good grace$ of his wealthy family.
      Anyway the manager of or HOA said "Who'd you piss off?" when I called in and basically told me not to worry about the Caddy and get the other things in compliance and it's a non issue... He then suggested I make nice nice with the piece of sh t. F THAT! I'm gonna burn her house down and park my boat in front of her place so the firetruck can't get to it...

Sorry for the poor grammer, run-ons, and incomplete thoughts.. I just become blind with rage when I consider how I'm a prisoner in my own home.

I've heard of parents buying their kids a house, then turning around and selling it when the kid graduates, and parents do buy kids' cars, But THREE CARS??! Really? Crap....
      Regarding your blinding rage, have you considered moving to a non HOA neighborhood?

12. Member
      06-12-2008 12:19 PM #397

That's a nightmare, alright.
      Stories like this make me pledge to use all my power to never move into a HOA neighborhood and to keep them from ever forming where I live.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

Vehicles
      '14Dart, 560SEC
      06-12-2008 12:22 PM #398
      i love my HOA i cant keep vehicles with no plates on property is the only rule the enforce but when some one stopped by when was working on my e30 .
      Him.. you know u cant keep that here ?
      me.. yeah
      him.. can u put it in a garage ?
      me .. ( opens the garage door he sees a lancer with no plates ready for shipping out of the country) no
      him. i see wait you not gonna cut that cross member with Sawzall ill be back in 20 min with proper tool

cool guy help me a lot with my car now hes gonna tow it to the body shop for me

Vehicles
      2010 JSW, 2010 GTi, 1998 GTi
      06-12-2008 12:27 PM #399

I have a solution for the lady next door. There is a boot that is beeing sold on e-bay, buy it and boot her car
      Sarajevo, Horde Zla, Bog i Carsija

15. Banned
      06-12-2008 12:31 PM #400
      Quote, originally posted by bill1975 »
      Regarding your blinding rage, have you considered moving to a non HOA neighborhood?

Here's the irony - I chose this house because of the HOA. My old 'hood was starting to resemble a trailerpark where nobody spoke english and the the trailers were replaced with $250K homes. We had a crazy real estate boom here in PHX.. sub prime lending and inflated home values meant anyone could "move on up" so my old neighborhood turned into little mexico.. complete with f'd up cars in the streets, neighbors with 70's RV's parked in their driveways ect ect.. I had to get out.. but the good thing was my new house is located in an "upscale" lake front community. It was purchased by a "California Real Estate Investor" just before the balloon popped. he tried to rent it for about 14 months and then he went into default. I got it for a song ... I love the neighborhood but my neighbors suck. I've chosen the path of least resistance.. never bring my boat home and make sure it's I never violate the rules..

16. Member
      Vehicles
      Pale yellow Christmas Packard.
      06-12-2008 12:35 PM #401
      Why not put a tarp over the caddy? My daddid that with quite a few cars and the (township in this case) could only speculate. Unless, of course, they trespassed, which is illegal.
      Man...sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived. - Tenzin Gyatso

Vehicles
      2008 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 2006 Forester, 1972 BMW 2002tii, 93 W124 gone to the glue factory
      06-12-2008 12:35 PM #402
      Thank God we have normal neighborhoods here in CT. Besides the fact that I despise subdivision homes (no offense, folks) I would never, ever be able to stand any kind of HOA or Condo Association... I have a difficult time dealing with that type of manufactured authority.
      I just can't understand why anyone would choose to be nannied and nagged just so they can live in a pre-planned "neighborhood". The neighborhoods that I grew up in (including the one I still live in) were great, safe places to be. Having a couple of nosy neighbors was enough to keep the place safe. We are perfectly capable of managing ourselves, thank you very much.
      Again, no offense to those who have made the choice- I'm sure there are benefits for some people, otherwise they wouldn't exist... but Nazi camp livin' ain't for me!
      Classicmotoringllc.com - my new brokerage and consulting business based out of a lavishly converted first floor bedroom in Allentown, PA. I am always looking for quality enthusiast cars to consign, research projects or consultation opportunities. Keep an eye on my page as you can see my blabberings about cars and other such junk in the blog section!

Vehicles
      2005 Pontiac Sunfire, 2008 Suzuki XL-7 AWD
      06-12-2008 12:37 PM #403
      Here's the irony - I chose this house because of the HOA. My old 'hood was starting to resemble a trailerpark where nobody spoke english and the the trailers were replaced with $250K homes. We had a crazy real estate boom here in PHX.. sub prime lending and inflated home values meant anyone could "move on up" so my old neighborhood turned into little mexico.. complete with f'd up cars in the streets, neighbors with 70's RV's parked in their driveways ect ect.. I had to get out.. but the good thing was my new house is located in an "upscale" lake front community. It was purchased by a "California Real Estate Investor" just before the balloon popped. he tried to rent it for about 14 months and then he went into default. I got it for a song ... I love the neighborhood but my neighbors suck. I've chosen the path of least resistance.. never bring my boat home and make sure it's I never violate the rules..

So you traded poor Mexicans you didn't like for rich white people you don't like. Sounds like a wiener!
      My kids like me!

Vehicles
      My other VW is a WVW-W TDI, and the other one is a Vento
      06-12-2008 12:37 PM #404
      Quote, originally posted by KTOOLNIN »
      I've gotta stop reading these HOA related threads before my freakin' head explodes.

· ·we're only gonna die for our own arrogance that's why we might as well take our time...
      · · /
      · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to Ø

20. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      06-12-2008 12:38 PM #405
      my piece of sh t neighbor (everyone has one) who seemingly doesn't have a job and happens to be on the board for my HOA called in the violation and then proceeded to take pictures and write everything she could. I actually got 4 notices.. one for the boat, one for the Caddy, one for weeds - you can see them in the second pic - yes those tiny ones against the house.. one for something else that I can't remember.

Oh man.....that would be a declaration of war with me. Make sure you are well within all the guidelines and write her up for everything you can. Don't let the system work you, work the system and see if you can't petition to get her kicked off the HOA board.
      Quote Originally Posted by VikingVR6GTI View Post
      Yep, that was my first thought too. A nice set does not automatically make a chick attractive. Especially when that "chick" is a dude.

Vehicles
      2000 Audi TTq
      06-12-2008 12:40 PM #406
      Quote, originally posted by jeff1234 »
      All you need now is to link this to Fark.

I'd submit it, but it will never get greenlighted there.
      /TotalFarker.
      Never underestimate the stopping power of a tree.

22. Banned
      06-12-2008 12:42 PM #407
      Quote, originally posted by WhiteRat »
      So you traded poor Mexicans you didn't like for rich white people you don't like. Sounds like a wiener!

I'd rather my neighbors park their 07 M5 or 07 SRT-8 in front of my house instead of a 1992 LeBaron GTC with a shredded top held together with duct tape.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      Pale yellow Christmas Packard.
      06-12-2008 12:44 PM #408
      Quote, originally posted by geofftii2002 »
      Thank God we have normal neighborhoods here in CT. Besides the fact that I despise subdivision homes (no offense, folks) I would never, ever be able to stand any kind of HOA or Condo Association... I have a difficult time dealing with that type of manufactured authority.

It is not always that bad, and sometimes necessary. I am the vp on my HOA board (shhh, don't tell the others) and we have a fair amount of crap from owners. Everyone wants stuff and does not want to participate. People love to complain but don't want to effect change. Many people who complain about there HOA should seek office (you mean I have to do something other than whine!?) or at the least attend board meetings. Also, most people complaining about HOA's here are apparently not members of one
      Man...sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived. - Tenzin Gyatso

Vehicles
      06-12-2008 12:45 PM #409
      I'd rather my neighbors park their 07 M5 or 07 SRT-8 in front of my house instead of a 1992 LeBaron GTC with a shredded top held together with duct tape.

I've seen people park new cars in my ghetto neighborhood and have seen duct taped LeBarons parked in the driveways of the HOA golf club neighborhoods. Go figure.
      My kids like me!

Vehicles
      06-12-2008 12:46 PM #410
      Quote, originally posted by 2Cor »
      Also, most people complaining about HOA's here are apparently not members of one

Probably because we learned from others mistakes.
      My kids like me!

06-12-2008 12:46 PM #411

Just curious...Since you can't see the Caddy from any angle unless you are actually on your property, can you bust the douche neighbor for trespassing?

06-12-2008 12:54 PM #412
      Quote, originally posted by Cubster »
      As much fun as this has been and me pulling for you to come out victorious...I can't see it ending well.

+1. Good luck tho! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

28. Banned
      06-12-2008 12:54 PM #413
      Quote, originally posted by EpicVW »
      Just curious...Since you can't see the Caddy from any angle unless you are actually on your property, can you bust the douche neighbor for trespassing?

I brought that up in my conversation with the manager of the community which is why I think they dropped the issue.

29. 06-12-2008 01:22 PM #414
      Thread is officially legendary when OP does one of the following with boots:

and/or

30. 06-12-2008 01:24 PM #415
      In to keep track.
      I thought of the Simpsons NYC episode too, and the thread about the Civic leaving its wheel (used its spare) ....

Vehicles
      2013 The Beetle, 2009 Genuine Stella 2T
      06-12-2008 01:27 PM #416
      Quote, originally posted by lago_b »

hahahah i was going nuts looking for pictures of that last night!

I my crazy dachshund

32. 06-12-2008 01:31 PM #417
      Quote, originally posted by kitty »
      hahahah i was going nuts looking for pictures of that last night!

Hehe. I was going nuts all morning ripping the episode and learning how to make animated GIFs from it. But it was worth it. Especially if the OP takes a jackhammer to his car as a result

Vehicles
      08 NS Capital, 04+ Bianchi Pista, 06 Transition Dirtbag
      06-12-2008 01:57 PM #418
      ExclusivVR6, they should write you up for having such an ugly-ass backyard
      no grass?
      just my two cents about HOA's. Its not like there's no middle ground between the perfectly maicured houses and completely downtrodden neighbourhoods.
      Where I grew up in Colorado, we didn't have a HOA. Sure some of the houses were not in the best of conditions, but as a whole, as long as you take a look at the neighbourhood before you move in and make sure its not a drug haven or whatnot, chances are you aren't going to have problems.
      We dont have all that crap with no cars on the streets, but then again, we have really wide streets....to the point where cars parked on either side results in a road where two cars can still pass. and, if you have a problem with neighbours, you actually go talk to them, instead of hiding behind the HOA.
      Case in point, we live on a corner. Our neighbour parks his work van on the corner, no biggie, and when I got my car, a simple request to move the van, and he hasn't parked there since. No hostility, and you get the added benefit of actually knowing your neighbours!
      Plus, no limits on cars means my other neighbour has interesting cars in the backyard, covered and can't be seen from the street.
      no monthly dues either!
      Cupcake - Team My Little Pony

Vehicles
      90 Corrado G60, 14 CC Highline
      06-12-2008 02:10 PM #419
      Hehe. I was going nuts all morning ripping the episode and learning how to make animated GIFs from it. But it was worth it. Especially if the OP takes a jackhammer to his car as a result

Well done sir. This is the first thing I thought of too.
      And to the OP: fight the powaa!

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI 4DR MT6 SB 1989 AW11 MR2 4AGE 150whp 2250lbs
      06-12-2008 02:50 PM #420

and/or

LMAO!
      This is too much! Bwaahahahahaha!

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast