Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2124

Thread: So my Audi got booted, and this is what I'm going to do about it....discuss

Vehicles
      98 740iL, 86 TD Jetta, 66 Sunroof Bug, rusted 69 Beetle Vert
      06-18-2008 12:48 AM #1051
      Quote, originally posted by VWestlife »
      Methinks you guys are fixating on the "pokey" thing just a bit too much. If anal sex is the first think you think of whenever there's even a chance of someone getting into trouble with the law, you should talk to a therapist or something.

Like a guy who was in prison told me one time..."It doesnt make you less of a man"
      But being a hetro male and having never tried it Ill just assume I wont like it. Besides...we arnt talking friendly stuff...we are talking Burlington Northern/Sante Fe style. Just the kind of things true criminals deserve.
      Quote, originally posted by kamzcab86 »
      AZ allows concealed weapons (by permit)... be careful which of us women you decide to "plunder".

I tossed that in there to attract more people. Besides...since you live there we would need you point the way. Also...just because I dont have a piece of paper doesnt mean I cant carry. Just not legally. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      As for the OP. There are more cliffhangers in this one thread then there are at the end of a television season. HOAs are just retarded even if you own the home. In the one I lived in for a short time, basically the developer gets a vote for each lot. Then each home owner gets a vote. So..if every one of the home owners votes one way and the developer has ONE empty lot they win.
      **** housing divisions....and developers.
      If voting actually changed things it would be illegal.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...5#post75364055
      Quote Originally Posted by eatonrabbit View Post
      But if you're looking for a water cooled Euro club/group that specializes in VW's then http://www.kch2o.org is a good place as well.

Vehicles
      I haz a bunnah
      06-18-2008 12:51 AM #1052
      Quote, originally posted by bastion72 »
      Maybe it's time to get the media involved. Have them film all the cars with boots on them. That'll sway alot of the public opinion your way and make them look like fools.

good idea [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Quote Originally Posted by WackyWabbitRacer View Post
      You're new here but don't be a DORK.....
      Cheers, WWR.
      Quote Originally Posted by rte7x9 View Post
      Don't swap if you can't weld or fabricate. It's not a trivial task just to bolt everything up. There's a lot of nut-scratching involved. Take your time and do it right.

Vehicles
      '08 135i, '00 4runner, '85 Huntsman (Toyota) RV
      06-18-2008 12:54 AM #1053
      Quote, originally posted by TurboJewUrS4 »
      BIG 2nd on alerting the local media.

That's my suggestion. I'm sure some of you heard about the case in FL where an HOA tried to stop a Veteran from flying the American flag on Veterans day right? I'd call the local newspaper, or radio station (if you've got a good rock radio station they'll eat this **** up...nothing like sticking it to the man!), and drum up some support.
      I'm going through a huge hassel with my GF's HOA right now, and I'd like to see them all burn in hell. I'm sure there are pleny of local people who feel the same way.
      Keep up the fight! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

06-18-2008 12:56 AM #1054
      get the local media involved. These guys can't be acting as judge jury, executioner AND undertaker.
      Booting for expired tags?!?!?! Then charging. I would be going ape****

06-18-2008 12:57 AM #1055
      Local media is a good idea, before they remove the boots, go video tape all the boots around the neighborhood. Just about every area has a "consumer watchdog" reporter who likes to report on big corporations preying on regular folks. Now that the HOA is on your side, this would make for a good news story.

Vehicles
      98 740iL, 86 TD Jetta, 66 Sunroof Bug, rusted 69 Beetle Vert
      06-18-2008 12:58 AM #1056
      I was reading the APS website...we should start calling the enforcement number with bogus calls or better yet..crash the site. Bombard the email. Terrorize them back.
      If voting actually changed things it would be illegal.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...5#post75364055
      Quote Originally Posted by eatonrabbit View Post
      But if you're looking for a water cooled Euro club/group that specializes in VW's then http://www.kch2o.org is a good place as well.

7. 06-18-2008 12:58 AM #1057
      Quote, originally posted by The A1 and A2 German »
      From this phone call I received from the HOA member, "Yeah, they are trying to find ANYTHING to boot everyone, tags, etc."
      Man, these cars that have displayed tags and they have boots on them, one Tahoe got booted for being on the white line, another guy hd to pay $90 to have the boot removed because his tags are expired!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet mother of mercy.
      I'm tempted to buy a plane ticket, fly over there, track down the head schmuck, and cause him to have an unfortunate "accident" causing him to lose his private parts and most of his limbs...

8. Member
      Vehicles
      91 944 S2, 02 Crown Vic. P71, 2001 Audi S8
      06-18-2008 01:06 AM #1058

Quote, originally posted by GT Blahbeans »
      No.... HELLO KITTIES!

I believe this image is more appropriate for this thread...

Edit For Size...

Modified by costaccm at 12:09 AM 6-18-2008
      lurking since 2000.

06-18-2008 01:08 AM #1059
      Quote, originally posted by baconisgood »
      Sweet mother of mercy.
      I'm tempted to buy a plane ticket, fly over there, track down the head schmuck, and cause him to have an unfortunate "accident" causing him to lose his private parts and most of his limbs...

Or, you could just let him live the rest of his miserable life, booting cars and at the same time envisioning "getting back" at all those mean bullies that used to make him feel so bad. Guys like that have a complex, and take those kinds of jobs in an effort to give themselves some authority, any kind will do. He is most assuredly a very unhappy little guy, and his tantrums are ample proof of that.
      -GP

10. 06-18-2008 01:08 AM #1060
      Quote, originally posted by brent245 »
      just start killing people

11. 06-18-2008 01:11 AM #1061
      Time to bring in the Media. But don't just call one, call all of them! Radio, TV, Print, whoever will listen!

12. 06-18-2008 01:12 AM #1062
      Quote, originally posted by Green Panzer »
      Or, you could just let him live the rest of his miserable life, booting cars and at the same time envisioning "getting back" at all those mean bullies that used to make him feel so bad. Guys like that have a complex, and take those kinds of jobs in an effort to give themselves some authority, any kind will do. He is most assuredly a very unhappy little guy, and his tantrums are ample proof of that.
      -GP

Good call.

13. 06-18-2008 01:14 AM #1063
      I say RIOT!!!

14. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 Gencoupe
      06-18-2008 01:54 AM #1064
      should let your recently booted neighbors borrow ur dollies

Vehicles
      R32
      06-18-2008 01:56 AM #1065
      i was just thinking about this situation and it makes no sense to me.
      Booting to my knowledge is usually due to unpaid tickets, its there way of finally forcing the money out of you to pay up your debt. but if they didnt want his car parked there cause they thought it was illegally parked because he had no parking pass visable, wouldnt they tow?? wouldnt they want the car gone and out of the lot, not now sitting there with 2 boots on it
      They dont want him parking there without a parking permit visable but its okay for the car to sit parked there as long as their boots are on the car and they are awaiting collection of money
      Just sounds like a sceme to get money out of people, but again what isnt today! Seriously everthing today is about revenue and how to squeeze money out of people any way they can. Im happy you moved your car, they didnt want your car in that lot anyways parked so you did them a favor by opening up the spot

Vehicles
      2003 VW GTI 1.8t, 2001 BMW 650GS DAKAR
      06-18-2008 01:58 AM #1066
      Summarize your story into a paragraph, or a description that takes less than 30 seconds. Then call the television media outlet of your choice. They will want the details up front, and you have to show a reason why it is newsworthy within the first minute of the conversation, or you've lost them.
      Seriously, contact the media.
      "Where we're going, we don't need roads." - BMW F650GS DAKAR

Vehicles
      1976 Scirocco, 1997 Land Rover Discovery, 2014 Chevy Spark EV
      06-18-2008 02:09 AM #1067
      Hrmm, Did you ask the HOA to see the contract that they have with APS? I wonder what the exact verbage is. As that its a gated community and the streets are private property, the booting for an expired tag is silly, especially if the fellow had a valid parking permit. I guess at this point it all comes down to what the contract between the HOA and APS says what APS can and cannot enforce and via what methods. And what does the CC&R's of the HOA say as well when implementing new plans/systems/procedures.. I expect this last little stunt with the boots is really going to piss ALOT of the residents/tennants and win you more friends and therefore more allies for your cause..
      dam the man...!!
      You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda 3 HB
      06-18-2008 02:26 AM #1068
      Quote, originally posted by baconisgood »
      Sweet mother of mercy.

I hear ya - go Hartigan on his ass
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5UQtmqzfcU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5UQtmqzfcU
      a bit much maybe?

Modified by Black Jetta GT at 2:29 AM 6-18-2008

Modified by Black Jetta GT at 2:29 AM 6-18-2008

Vehicles
      a '98 [on life support] and a '07
      06-18-2008 02:48 AM #1069
      Quote, originally posted by drewSAAB95 »
      ........ Is it me, or does it sound like APS has taken matters onto itself and is acting outside it's authority??

It would certainly appear that way.
      Where is Kyron ??? http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
      Support our troops, bless the fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by genjy View Post
      Yes, there is a high chance that the tractor trailer was the one going 160MPH, not the Porsche GT2 RS.

06-18-2008 03:06 AM #1070
      Damn...I hope this ends well [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

21. 06-18-2008 03:08 AM #1071
      I want pics of the gratuitous booting

Vehicles
      1981 VW Pickup "GTI", 1984 Jetta GLI, 1991 Lexus ES250, 2001 Toyota Sienna
      06-18-2008 03:11 AM #1072
      Just started reading this thread, and have mainly read the highlights, but here's my take...
      To the OP, you have handled yourself very well, and have created a situation that may not work out well for APS.
      Like many others here, I think that:
      Media involvement may very well help your cause, though you want to be careful to not create an (more) antagonistic relationship with the HOA.

The Head Schmuck from APS seems like the type that may very well hang himself with the rope you're providing. A clear head will always get you farther than raw emotions in a situation like this.

If you end up having to pay the $140.00 fee, or other fees, the power of the Vortex is here to help you. We've all seen crazy amounts of cash raised when a few thousand people each drop a few bucks for a worthy cause.

Continue to move wisely, and I'm confident that you will prevail.

It's really unfortunate when laws and rules are created as a substitute for common sense, as they are never as effective!
      We all have your back, and you have a lot of support from your friends here on the 'Tex.
      Keep up the good fight and keep us posted.
      Take care,
      -Glenn [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Driving a Mark 1 VW on a near-daily basis for over 30 years. (that means I'm old, huh?)

Vehicles
      '02 MPV, '04 SV650
      06-18-2008 03:51 AM #1073
      Wow, so the 'tex has actually managed to start a war! Awesome!!! I'm glad I was in on this one, and I'll be watching the national news channels to see how it ends!
      Where have you gone, Juniper Monkeys? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you. (Woo woo woo)

24. Member The A1 and A2 German's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Sonoma S-15, Mark 3 Caddy, Audi A4, 71 CL175, 71 CB350, 69 Stinger, V-Twin Chopper, A4 SC'd Avant,
      06-18-2008 04:17 AM #1074
      HELLO KIDDIES 3RD UPDATE FOR THE NIGHT TUESDAY JUNE 17th PICS WILL START TOMORROW AND MEDIA ALERTED!
      Well, it's official, they are out to get everyone. As I left the house to the gym other vehicles where booted. ONE WAS A SHASTA POOLS COMPANY TRUCK! ALL IT DID WAS HAVE ONE TIRE ON THE WHITE LINE! Another SUV was booted too, nothing wrong with it, tags where good, parked straight.
      I'm going to start photographing EVERY booted vehicle I see that is unreasonably booted and post, I also will post a picture of the community so you can relate a picture to the story. I also may start leaving contact information, possibly even this link, to those who have been violated. I may also contact Shasta Pools! I stated days ago I may be getting the media involved, with your guys support and as deep as this is going that will be happening Wednesday, June 18th, 2008 for a Phoenix News Station. Postings of time (Internet viewing, maybe someone can record and post on You-Tube) will be posted if a station bites. We have 3 large networks, I'll pick one and go from there.
      SOME THING REALLY IRKED ME!!!!
      My buddy turned to me as we where walking out to my car (a car APS does not know about) tonight after the second post tonight, to go to the gym, and says,"Man, look @ all these poor people, they all have to suffer because of what your trying to do." Oh, let me tell ya, that sucked! These people are in for a hurting just for a common good. If they haven't coughed up the dough come morning and/or are fighting it I'll show you some injustice via pics.
      I'll have this up hopefully by 12:00 Noon Wednesday June 18th, 2008. Within a couple hours I should have a new network contacted and will post again.
      THANX GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, THIS WOULD BE FANTASTIC TO GO NATIONAL.
      FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

Vehicles
      12 Golf 2.5, 90 Jetta GLI 16v, 99.5 Cabrio Highline, 92 Golf GL
      06-18-2008 04:46 AM #1075
      Sucks for the other people, but if they can hold off paying the ticket for another day or two.. tell them the media is involved and it's important that they leave it looking as worse as possible.

Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast