Thread: 200 20vt Build

Vehicles
      '91 Audi 200 20vt, E34 530i
      08-05-2009 05:32 PM #126
      wow, so much to update.
      not even going to try haha.
      refer to bottom of page 24 thru page 32 in this thread
      http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB...21657

basically had problems with VEMS, now its fixed. Fixed lots of other stuff too and went offroading a lot haha

Vehicles
      09-30-2009 08:15 PM #127
      OK time for an update.
      VEMS is still not fixed. Its in NH now with Marc Swanson for the second time. We have come to the conclusion that we need to use TTL coils instead of IGBT. Fail VEMS.
      While that is getting sorted out, I have begun to make plans for coilovers. I just got a job today (within about 2 minutes of looking for one) for the SOLE reason of buying coils, and also think I sold my stock wheels. If so, that means I'm about half way to having them.
      I just got the bright idea last week to try and be slammed before Fixxfest on November 21st.
      The plan is ground control coilover sleeves with probably 600lb springs in the front and 500 in the rear. (open to opinions) Then its probably going to be the Koni race struts which will allow for about 2" shorter shock body than stock. She's gunna be tuckin all 4 corners for sure
      Then I'll drill out new holes in the strut towers to adjust camber.
      Thats about all thats on the list for now.

Vehicles
      12-27-2009 09:03 PM #128
      OK, time for update if anyone is still reading this.
      The VEMS is back in the car and working flawlessly now thanks to Marc Swanson.
      I achieved my goal of having coilovers on the car before Fixxfest 09. They came out great, but the car needs some spacer plates made in order to get it to the ride height I want in the front. I've been working on that issue.
      I have gotten a few parts for the Holset, and its going to be on the car sorta soon hopefully.
      Also picked up a roof rack, and ordered a bunch of parts to do the t-belt. Its in terrible shape.
      Quote »
      Some pics to kick off and celebrate page 50

I have some more stuff to show off...just need to take some pics. I still need to refinish the bars for the rack and get the fitment on point. It was just test-fitted for these pics.
      Also, this is the biggest thing I've accomplished so far this break. Old trailer parts were ****ty.

Mounted new (used) parts for cheap and they are solid.

Got the boat back on and in the water She is lookin great and runs like a champ after all of the fixin' we did this month. This is how it came off of the trailer and sat for about a week.

Quote »
      Here are some pics of the condition of the t-belt. I might just tow it up the 40 min drive to fix it. It seriously looked fine a few weeks ago. I guess it just decided this last few weeks was its time to let go.

oil line stuff

I also got this for Christmas...my neighbor bruce airbrushed this. The original is STUNNING. The print is awesome too though. This one is an artist proof

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      12-31-2009 05:36 PM #129
      such a slick ass 200

Vehicles
      12-31-2009 10:31 PM #130
      Thank you

Vehicles
      01-20-2010 09:21 PM #131
      Update time.
      1) Ordered 4 Hargetts. Will post pics of these slick pieces whenever I get them in.
      2) Convinced 034 to make a special exhaust manifold at a good price for us 20vt guys. Set up a group buy and got the ball rolling myself. I will be getting one for myself of course.
      3) ordering Treadstone IC core soon
      and looking into other housing options for my holset OR another Holset from a friend...Hx35. Hoping its got the right housing on it.
      So that covers EVERYTHING I need to get the bitch on...aside from a few misc bits like two oil line adapters and some nuts and bolts I'm sure.

Vehicles
      R
      03-30-2010 12:53 AM #132
      lets see some more pictures chris

Vehicles
      03-30-2010 01:38 AM #133
      thanks james...I forget to update this thread because I pay so much attention to the build thread on other sites.
      Major updates as of late:
      -Moved to VEMS firmware version 1.1.67 and had to re-tune whole map myself. Still working out the bugs
      -two new sets of wheels
      -working on new upper strut mounts
      -new manifold being made for me by 034
      -bought 4 3" hargett couplers for the IC piping...never a boost leak again
      -got new 12cm housing for the Holset
      -the intercooler core of my dreams (ordering this week)
      -and some more things I forget I guess
      -bought adapters for the new wheels
      most of my free time has been involved in refinishing my new BBS's
      test fit

polish job
      (the one on the right)

my other new wheels

Vehicles
      R
      04-20-2010 12:18 AM #134
      damnn dude looking good
      when you gonna come down for a weekend?!

Vehicles
      04-20-2010 12:32 AM #135
      Thanks man, yeah I dunno as soon as I get my issues sorted out with the car I guess. I gotta get some fuel injectors! Thats why I'm trying to sell that seat and what not.

11. 04-26-2010 08:40 PM #136
      just wanted to say nice work on a killer car.
      i have owned many 200s and am glad to see others maintain such an interest and passion for the 200 (in particular the 3b).
      keep up the great work and thanks for the post!

Vehicles
      04-26-2010 09:08 PM #137
      Thank you sir, come over and post some of your cars on motorgeek.com, thats where my main post is.
      At this point I'm just waiting on the manifold from 034. I'm also trying to diagnose some ECU related issues too so that is potentially delaying progress. Might be going to CDI ignition instead of COP to see what happens.

Vehicles
      07-05-2010 07:38 PM #138
      its been a while and I've done a lot with this car, but the main thing is that the Holset is going on the car this weekend! I'll have pics up when its done. Should be exciting

14. 07-09-2010 08:52 AM #139
      I fully approve of this thread.

From one 20vt 200 to another, I applaud you on your quest to keep that car on the road. Im definitely going to watch this tread for the turbo build. I have a stage 1 chip on it, and its significantly faster than my R32. I had boost leaks, and an mfts failure, but is been a solid car.

I have questions about how you got the dash apart, since I need to fix some wiring in mine.

If you need help with any a/c issues, i just spent the weekend getting intimate with mine, and it works perfect now.

Also, get that battery cable replaced if you havent, I talked about it in my thread.

Here is my "keep it on the road/build" thread.
      http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=20191

Oh, and about the only thing you guys cant do in florida is use quattro for what it was designed to do .

Vehicles
      07-09-2010 11:24 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by secondslc View Post
      I fully approve of this thread.

From one 20vt 200 to another, I applaud you on your quest to keep that car on the road. Im definitely going to watch this tread for the turbo build. I have a stage 1 chip on it, and its significantly faster than my R32. I had boost leaks, and an mfts failure, but is been a solid car.

I have questions about how you got the dash apart, since I need to fix some wiring in mine.

If you need help with any a/c issues, i just spent the weekend getting intimate with mine, and it works perfect now.

Also, get that battery cable replaced if you havent, I talked about it in my thread.

Here is my "keep it on the road/build" thread.
      http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=20191

Oh, and about the only thing you guys cant do in florida is use quattro for what it was designed to do .
      Hey, thanks for the compliments! I just took a quick glance at your thread and I think I'll have to sit down for a while and read it though. Looks like you enjoy your 20v just as much as I do mine

Boost leaks PLAGUE these cars...fix those, and you are good to go for the most part. I hate them with a passion, so I have the most baller ic piping setup known to man going on this car haha.

Let me know what you have questions about regarding the dash. I'd be happy to help. I'll send you a PM with my phone number so we don't have to waste time trying to explain over the internet. Thanks for the offer on AC advice. I have it fixed for the most part except for a leak which I believe to be at the compressor. I think just some o-rings and I'll be good to go for a while. My blower motor squeaks though so thats probably going to be the next HUGE PITA project.

My other thread on MG is more complete if you want to see more details on anything done to my car. Its 76 pages long You should make a thread there if you get the chance.

Thanks again for the compliments I am definitely jealous of the fact that you get to play with yours in snow. Someday I'm going to do that for sure.

Oh and my friend got stuck up in Ohio for the weekend, so build is postponed until this coming friday.

16. 07-12-2010 08:49 AM #141
      I'd love to re-do all the I/C piping on this car, but the silicone kit from 034 will hold me over until I install a bigger I/C. Don't want to have to do the job twice!

There are six round o-rings and one square one in the compressor manifold. The one that leaks is the square one, and its NLA. Some company used to make aftermarket ones, but I don't remember if they still do. That will probably be your culprit. I don't know if mine leaks, but so far so good.

I'll definitely sit down and read the MG thread. Again, im jealous you guys don't have to deal with as much rust, its a pain in the butt to deal with on all these fasteners!

Vehicles
      07-12-2010 05:17 PM #142
      UGH square gasket???!?!?!

wtf is that! haha who does that? Thats just depressing. I'll have to do some research on that sucker.

18. 07-16-2010 10:35 AM #143
      From SJM's website:
      A/C Compressor Manifold Seal and O rings

The 1986-88 Audi 5000 (after VIN 44-G-053401) and 1989-91 Audi 100/200 use the Nippon Denso 10P17C A/C compressor which has a separate hose manifold.

Some of these hose manifolds are 2 piece and have a rubber seal between the 2 halves. Audi does not list this seal separately, nor does it list the 4 O rings between the A/C compressor and the manifold.

Thanks to a fellow Audi fan, there is an A/C company "Polar Bear" who sells this manifold seal (part number GA1446) and the O rings (part number OR 11160) between the compressor and manifold.

There phone number is 1-800-365-3516. Polar Bear website is here (http://www.polarbearinc.com/)

http://www.polarbearinc.com/webstore...product_ID=422

Vehicles
      07-16-2010 05:45 PM #144
      Yesss, thank you! You are the man!

I was really worried about having to buy a whole new compressor or something for a minute. I honestly would have probably tried to make a gasket before that though lol.

Vehicles
      02-02-2011 03:38 PM #145
      well the car has been running great at 21psi for a while now. Gotta get it on a dyno soon and gotta build the bottom end to turn it up much more depending how much power its making now.

Here is the latest news though

So this is what the HX52 looked like when I first unpackaged it.

under the comp cover is pretty oily. Wheel measures something like 67mm inducer and 98mm exducer.

this is a BIG 16cm housing. Much bigger in exterior size than the 16 that I had on my H1C. You can also see the oil drain.

Here is the "almost T4" flange and oil feed.

Big ole v-band and some oil on the turbine blades. I think I'm going to call it safe and just rebuild this one. However, there is NO shaft play at all and the housings aren't cracked. This is what you want to look for when buying a Holset.

Now...here is the pic in my sig. The H1C looks pretty decent (read: big) in there right?

now how does it look?

When I opened the box up I was almost unimpressed with the size of this thing. After looking at this picture however, I guess it looks pretty huge lol.

oh and last but not least, THANK YOU GOLDFARB!!!!

Vehicles
      R
      10-12-2011 11:43 AM #146
      Better be at my house the 22nd !!! Can't wait to see you guys and see your cars progress !!! Ypu can see my R lol

Vehicles
      10-13-2011 11:14 AM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by powerswhat View Post
      Better be at my house the 22nd !!! Can't wait to see you guys and see your cars progress !!! Ypu can see my R lol
      I wish man, I am only driving the 530 now because the engine and trans came out of the Audi for some work over the summer. I went to put it back together and my downpipe didn't fit anymore because I fabbed it to fit with my (unknown to me at the time) completely shot motor mounts. Put new mounts in when the engine went back in and dp hit the steering arms... so I decided I would solve the problem with a nice tubular exhaust manifold, bigger turbo, and new dp/wg reroute setup from Mr. Hank Iroz.

All of that should be fabbed in the next few weeks so I can go home and put her back together.

For now, I leave you with a pic of the other goodies I had made for the car (again, courtesy of Hank and Marc Swanson at EFIexpress.)

custom intake manifold is the shining beacon of awesomeness among the parts. The I-beams are pretty sweet too

dont mind the large knife

everything is quick disconnect. The IC piping fittings are Hargett QDC units, vac line fittings are push-to-connect, etc.

I'm hoping to hit 700whp on this turbo when the bottom end and head are built... tranny is going to have to cope with it too which hasn't been sorted out yet. At least a solid 500 whp this summer though is what I'm hoping for. After that, its time for dry sump and as high as I can possibly rev and hope for 800 whp.

If that doesn't happen, then I'm going to see what either a big borg warner EFR does (if they ever ship any) or maybe try the Pro52 version of the current turbo. 72mm comp inducer and 125lb/min should get it there. So there ya go... thats my short version of the plan from here.

Vehicles
      R
      10-13-2011 05:21 PM #148
      You should talk to Kurt about getting a batmowheel turbo

This is a botmowheel on his car after the car shuts off lol badass

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=Rs_AqsdaNdQ

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Audi S4 , 2004 Chevy Avalanche
      11-16-2011 08:52 AM #149
      i wanna see more of this big turbooo in action
      http://www.lowbuds.com/
      I do custom trunk setups, false floor, powder coating, media blasting, polishing, custom carbon fiber parts, custom fiberglass subwoofer enclosures, wheels repair/assembly.

PM me with what you have in mind and we can make it happen!

Vehicles
      11-19-2011 08:44 PM #150
      I'd love to show you, but its going to be a little while until its running on boost. I don't have the time to make the intercooler pipes and integrate the downpipe into my exhaust until the summer.

I do have some pics and vids (just of it running) of the new setup though

finally got a chance to edit some pictures

I cannot wait to clean this car up once I have more time and a better place to do it!

and the vids (my mom is awesome lol)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast